Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Greetings, Galar [M]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 21:27:26 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Their plane touches down. Navy goes through the awkward process of being a foreign national. His friendship with , a subject touched on in tabloids, helps smooth things over. It’s odd, visiting another region. The last time he was in Galar, the region was different. No, not just the region. Everything was different.[break][break]
Gabe was alive. The world hadn’t quite gone to hell yet.[break][break]
The last time he was here, this world was hell. The sky was poisoned. He explored the arena beating at the heart of Wyndon. Even from the outskirts of the airport, he can hear the cheering. Even in these dark times, people find time for sports. Cheer. The thrill of battle.[break][break]
It’s almost enough to make him want to forget his mission. Surely if he presented himself and told them who he was, they’d arrange some matches for him. Vortigern, great black wyrm, could get in some good practice. Navy dismisses the thought, shaking his head. He has business to attend to. Business like finding answers. Business like ensuring a good man’s children are safe.[break][break]
He turns to the big man beside him. has made for excellent company. The man that he would call his deputy has joined him today because they shared a common destination.[break][break]
Welp, ball’s in your court.” Navy declares. “Your kids take priority. Wanna head to your estate and check up on ‘em first?

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,232 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Greetings, Galar [M]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 1:41:09 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Greetings, Galar

He returns. With in tow.

Where the other man struggles with being a hoennian attempting to legally enter a nation with much to say about the current chaos and misfortune capital of the world, Gwyar...

Does not.

Men, women and all those of other designation seem to quite literally bend over backwards in order to accomodate for the man as he goes through customs with about as much ease as the leader of any nation.

Either sports stardom held different connotations in Galar, or the man was not quite done sharing his secrets.

His time with has been fun enough. He doesn't quite recall if they were close in the other Galar. Probably not, but he nonetheless felt a kinship with the man— enough to synchronize their watches, so to speak, when it just so happened that they both had business in Galar proper.

He gave the other man a wry smile.

"I'm afraid we're quite the ways away still, my friend." He said to the other with a laugh, clapping his shoulder. "I pray your ride is well!"

He paused.

"We're going to the Crown Tundra."

One express train ticket, please.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Greetings, Galar [M]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 11:46:56 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

By all means.” The sheriff gives one of his trademark easy smiles to Gwyar. They walk to the train station. His hand is in his pocket, strolling through streets he last saw in much darker circumstances.[break][break]
They’re recovering well enough, it seems. They, too, have endured hardship. The whole world is on the brink. Grim thoughts hidden behind a pearly smile.[break][break]
I was your courier plenty of times, last time we were here.” He keeps his voice cheery. For all the grief he feels concerning what happened in Galar, he finds the memory of the old smith amusing. He forged marvels out of black metal and bellowed commands to apprentice smiths.[break][break]
Looking out across the Galarian countryside as the train leaves the station, he remembers old paths. There’s spots where a man could be safe for a night, away from errant hands and poisoned Pokemon. Along the tracks is a rock he used for shelter dozens of times when the travels of the Pale Rider brought him this way.[break][break]
Tell me somethin’. With everything that’s going on in the world, do you think it’s better to keep the people you love close, or send ‘em off somewhere safe?” Callan seems to err on the side of cautious safety. His daughter’s off in Unova. Gwyar’s children are here.[break][break]
Something tells him would not simply leave.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,232 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Greetings, Galar [M]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 17:22:39 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Greetings, Galar

He returns. With in tow.

"I am not certain. Not yet." He said as they boarded the train— VIP Class, naturally— and he took his large comfortable seat.

A single table stretched out between them, suitable for both working on the road, or enjoying one of the high class meals offered by the train's staff— at least, prior to recent... occurrences.

"Hoenn is the most dangerous nation in the world, currently." He said, smiling as some customary tea was brought his way. "I would not dream of moving my daughters there under any regular circumstances."

He brought the cup to his lips, taking a soft sip before lowering it back to the table, staring pensively into his reflection.

"But Galar as it is now is incapable of protecting itself against Necrozma." Clearly.

He turned his gaze over to the window, watching the landscape pass them by.

"Necrozma targets sources of dynergy." He said. "Though there's natural depots in the Crown Tundra, none of them are near enough to the human settlements for Necrozma to attack them. I hope."

He sighed.

"Unfortunately, my father is beyond merely 'old school', making it hard to contact him." He said. "Freezington is quite behind the international standard in its Communications infrastructure as well; it's hard to reach out."

He set his jaw.

"I'll know what to do once I've seen everything with my own eyes."
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Greetings, Galar [M]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 10:39:33 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

The man he had been before treading these same roads would find it far harder to understand. It is a strange thing to hold your own child. You behold life you have wrought into the hell of existence and understand you must protect this life. You must watch it grow. It will make mistakes and that, too, you must allow.[break][break]
Having a father’s heart himself, Navy understands. Gwyar’s children are still alive, still well, still whole and happy. They’re here and not in some imagined land to which he can never return.[break][break]
Hope you know if you and yours need any help, I’ll fight like hell for ‘em.” His eyes are sad as he looks from Gwyar to the rolling hills. Mile by mile, the world grows colder. He’ll soon have to change into heavy coats and furs that would kill a man in Hoenn.[break][break]
Too many people have lost too much already.” But it’s best not to dwell on that. There’s another point here he means to dwell on. It’s a question he once posed to , only to get no real answer.[break][break]
Question though, and sorry if I’m overstepping: if Galar isn’t ready for Necrozma…why are you in Hoenn? You’re strong as hell, you could help ‘em get ready. Rocket that big a threat?” There’s the plain, simple truth that almost everything important happens in Hoenn, but Navy leaves that unsaid.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,232 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Greetings, Galar [M]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 15:51:24 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Greetings, Galar

He returns. With in tow.

"You're Dewford's Sheriff." He said simply. "You've witnessed it during your extractions, I'm sure."

The innards of the skeleton shifting about just as they're about to run for the exit. Showing images of... Earth.

"I believe it won't be long now before Eternatus arrives once again." He said. "There's no doubt in my mind; It'll land in Hoenn."

And wherever Eternatus went—

"The black knight will forever pursue that light." He said simply. "Necrozma will return to Hoenn."

And, well—

"And... I am neither s patriot nor a saint. My people are here in the Crown Tundra." He said, stopping outside of the station to look upon the small settlement around of Freezington. "So long as my family and people are well— I'll not abandon my duties, commitments and goals in Hoenn."

The Crown Tundra was part of the Galarian Commonwealth, but its 'membership' was steeped in tensions coming from its history as a 'former' colony of the Galarian empire.

TL;DR: Gwyar might be patriot, but if he was, it certainly wasn't for Galar as a whole. He had shit to do in Hoenn.

Reaching into his coat, the man produced a pokeball, before releasing a familiar ghostly ride once again.

Patting his Spectrier's neck gently, he glanced over at Navy.

"Normally, a Corviknight taxi would do. Unfortunately, the tundra has been experiencing frequent blizzards in the last week. We'll have to ride home." He swung himself atop his ghostly ride, before giving Navy a once over. "... If you have more... bulky clothes on hand, now's the time to put it on, my friend. Trust me when I say— 'Tundra' is an understatement."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Greetings, Galar [M]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 9:04:10 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

A black steed comes free. Navy tries to hide the pain in his eyes when he sees the horse, but fails. Once upon a time, he was the pale rider. He rode this creature’s twin across these fields.[break][break]
I remember.” His expedition into the crown tundra during the fourth year of their internment in Galar wasn’t, strictly speaking, intelligent. Announcing it to Queen Penny, he stole off to chart the area. It was hellish cold. Were it not for a poisoned Ursaluna he found wandering the area, he would have frozen to death. He killed it, carved it apart, and wore its pelt as he ventured further into the frozen heart of this place.[break][break]
One sec.” He says, going off to change. Navy’s heart speaks for him as he turns, more words coming unbidden from his lips.[break][break]
Arceus, I miss Valkyrie.” She was a part of him. Riding with that fine steed beneath him made all feel right in the world.[break][break]
Only when he returns and they set out together does he address the earlier point. Spurring his steed across the frozen plains with Gwyar, he speaks plainly.[break][break]
You’re right, by the way. Exactly right. Eternatus is gonna wake up. He’s on the edge of my town. When he wakes up, lotta my people are gonna die unless I play it right. I need all the help I can get.” Grim words, spoken with a lord’s dignity rather than the scrappy edge of a Slateport street rat. This place has that effect on him.[break][break]
I need you, man. The League is playing with fire. When the fire bites back, it’s gonna be my people who get burned. Need you on the frontlines with me.” He says a silent prayer to Arceus that the man will hear him out, for this deputy’s blade might be all that stands between him and the black knight.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,232 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Greetings, Galar [M]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 15:39:00 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Greetings, Galar

He returns. With in tow.

"I wonder about that." Gwyar said, once again putting the sheriff's request aside.

"You've seen the visions of Earth, Sheriff. Haven't you?" He asked the other man. "Right as our bodies reach their limits, when the world inside Eternatus distorts beyond recognition."

A vision of Earth upon each and every surface. Edging ever closer every time he visited upon the gargantuan beast's core.

"It must be absolutely gargantuan, wouldn't you say?" It had, after all, fooled them into thinking it was a fucking ocean.

"Something like that— if it truly were so near to us, I doubt we would have any difficulty finding it." He said, gaze moving to the sky. "Given that, and the visions... I can't help but wonder if it might not even have arrived to Earth yet."

There was no way to know for sure. No one had any idea of where exactly they were taken when they entered the portal. Just that it was the innards of the beast.

But!

"In any case." He said. "I cannot leave Sootopolis yet. I've not accomplished my goals."

The man knew he couldn't leave Sootopolis, just not why. Not yet.

"I have not found 's hideout. Not even an inkling of where he might spend his time alone." He said simply. "If I cannot do that much, after every life that has been lost, then my time in Sootopolis will not only have been a waste— it'll have been to the detriment of the league, and my fellow officers."
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Greetings, Galar [M]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 11:20:28 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

He wants to argue, but he doesn’t. Not now. As much as Navy wants to beg the man’s aid, he knows a losing battle when one is presented to him. Gwyar will come around in time. Maybe one day, they can talk Walsh down together. That would be a tale worthy of song.[break][break]
For now, he contents himself to come along. Through this quiet, cold place he trots on his Pokemon. It’s nostalgic in its own way. He can’t imagine what it’s like for Gwyar, all the memories. Good ones, bad ones. Home is a mixed bag.[break][break]
I get it. You’ve got your mission. That’s fine, but I’m still borrowing you whenever you’re free.” His tone shifts to the playful, teasing voice of a younger man addressing a senior. “For now, let’s get to your place. When you’re settled in…you cool with me checking out your library? I wanna see what it has to say ‘bout Calyrex and the heroes.”[break][break]
He’s no scholar. Hell, he has an eighth grade education. Maybe he’ll find nothing, but if Gwyar’s dad is as old school as the man implies, he’ll keep records. Ancient ones. Old things which might answer some lingering questions. If nothing else, it’ll be good reading.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,232 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Greetings, Galar [M]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 1:10:36 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Greetings, Galar

He returns. With in tow.

"That's fine." He said with a smile.

At the other man's request, he can only rub at his chin, humming thoughtfully.

"I cannot say I recall any of the tomes in the family's library referencing either by name." He said, before turning his gaze over to a small badge pinned to the lapel of his coat-cape. "We have, however, been part of the Order of the High King since its inception."

So perhaps they would be able to find hints and the like if they read between the lines. Though Gwyar could claim to have read all the tomes in the library in his youth, he could not say it had been done with interest, vigor, or a critical mindset.

Perspective mattered when acquiring information, after all.

"Let us be off, then! We must make it to the castle before evening— lest we die on road." He said, before smiling. "Hohohoh! How very nostalgic!"

Patting his Spectrier's side, the mare reeled back while releasing a spirited neigh, before she leapt forth.
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Greetings, Galar [M]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2023 19:00:14 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

No kidding!” He laughs, despite everything. Urging Silver Bullet on, he marvels at a Spectrier’s speed. Rapidash are fast, but even they are but a breezy ember before the torch of Spectrier. Silver Bullet suffers eating Spectrier’s snowfall in graceful silence. Even under such conditions, it’s a marvelous ride. With how small Dewford is, it feels like a hard gallop will bring you to the other side of the island inside of twenty minutes.[break][break]
Nothing of the sort happens here. They’re racing down the road under a brilliant sky. For but a moment, Navy forgets himself. He forgets the troubles waiting for him across the sea. He forgets Calyrex, the heroes, AQUA, every trouble in his heart. Knights of old rode steeds as fine as Silver Bullet into battle, and he thinks he understands why. A man can feel invincible atop such a creature as this.[break][break]
Yeesh…you ride good, old timer.” Even with Silver Bullet doing the work, Navy’s still out of breath. Huffing, he looks up at the estate and whistles. “Well…we got here without running into any trouble. Thank Arceus for small blessings, huh?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,232 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Greetings, Galar [M]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 2:19:11 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Greetings, Galar

He returns. With in tow.

For Gwyar, the journey was considerably less therapeutic, the shortest possible route home by horse happening to contain a plethora of either repressed or better left forgotten memories about his less than ideal childhood in the tundra.

"Nostalgic indeed."

Arriving at the peak didn't really do him any favors on that front.

"That is certainly a way to look at it." Gwyar said neutrally as they stood at the gargantuan gates of the Duke's Castle, the chilly wind beginning to pick up speed quick even as the structure remained resolutely shut.

The walls around it stood stubbornly against the deterioration of the elements, adorned with myriads of swords and shields of stone, royal purple fabrics emblazoned with the Duchy's Coat of arms flapping dramatically in the wind.

In ancient times, the outer wall's main gates would've likely been manned by a myriad of soldiers, all... well, standing guard.

This was 2023, and it seemed even the 'old fashioned' Duke recognized that times had changed, and 24/7 guard duty was no longer required were a massive, locked door could do the trick.

Indeed, one would likely have a wealth of common sense to think that way.

They would not, however, be able to read the Duke one bit.

"'Tis I, ladies and gentlemen. Open the gates, please." Gwyar said, seemingly to the gate.

And in response, the Gate remained entirely motionless.

The myriad of swords and shields lining the walls attached to the gate, however, did not, cracks and pops filling the air as layers of ice and rust got unceremoniously discarded by Aegislash upon Aegislash, uncountable sentient blades revealing themselves to have been merely playing the role of decorations and fanciful flag poles.

At the sight of them, Gwyar could only smile— and his shadow could not seem to contain his apparent excitement either, quite literally rising from underneath him as if gaining a life of its own— before quickly taking the form of Gwyar's very own personal Aegislash.

"Say hi to your mother for me!" Gwyar said to his Aegislash with wave, watching her join the massive conglomeration of blades, all of which began to round around her silently. "Ah, ladies and gents? It's getting quite chilly here. Door first, if you may?"

Remembering their duties, the blades' eyes all glowed in turn, before the gargantuan gates began to slowly inch open, a scrapping, screeching sound filling the air as the keep behind the massive doors was revealed, a large courtyard appearing before them with a number of structures and superstructures vaguely seen in the distance.

The largest was likely the main keep.

"What a warm welcome." Gwyar said wryly while still looking up at the myriad of hovering swords. "I'm a little jealous."

By comparison, their welcoming party was nonexistent. Then again— they hadn't exactly announced their coming.

Not until the giant doors' scrapping did it for them anyway.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Greetings, Galar [M]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 22:59:46 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Watching the Aegislash stir makes Navy feel out of place – not entirely in a bad way. He’s a kid from the streets of a modern city. Before the walls of this ancient keep, explored only briefly when he wore the guise of Pale Rider, it is hard not to feel like he’s stepping into another world. It almost feels like he’s invading the deputy’s privacy, even if he does so with permission.[break][break]
As ever, he’s easy to ride. There is no secret made of his awe. Galar is a land of knights, weapons, mystery. Wonder exists here that is stripped bare in clinical, scientific Hoenn. The world has moved on from places like this grand place.[break][break]
It makes him sad, if only a little. There is beauty in what once was. The past, as ever, holds its allure. Focusing on it will get him nowhere. When they enter the keep, Navy makes himself a fixture of the background. Gwyar is here for his daughters and father. Let him have his privacy.[break][break]
The sheriff does, however, add his own sword to the collection. Freeing Dragonslayer from his pokeball, his own Aegislash nods courteously to the rest. The Illumina Aegislash glows like the sword of promised victory from ancient myth. For the first time in the blade’s life, he feels like he is in good company. Whether the other blades feel the same is, of course, up to them.[break][break]
In due time, the detective turned sheriff makes his way to the library. Gwyar’s order has a peculiar name: the Order of the High King. Armed with that name, and knowledge from their dream of Galar, he busies himself in the library. Perhaps this storied family has some knowledge to pass on to an inquisitive mind wanting to find answers. Anything to avoid thinking about his own children, lost in another world.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,881 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Greetings, Galar [M]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 4:54:55 GMT
shiv Avatar

GREETINGS, GALAR

NAVY X GWYAR

PERUSAL OF THE ARCHIVE procures no concrete information about a CALYREX: a rabbit-like royal, purported to be all-wise, all-merciful. The Pokemon they had encountered within that distant memory, once housed within an old relic now scattered as insignificant detritus.

Tales of kings are contained within books both fiction and non. However, there are no names or titles evidencing CALYREX, the forgotten king.

However, both and encounter an interesting passage that may ring a pertinent note for current day developments:
Progress has hinged on two foundational elements: language and mythology. Language is the bedrock of communication. It grants humans the ability to articulate and explore the abstract powers of a Pokemon world, able to convert the intangible into the tangible in favor for advancements in all domains.

Consequently, what sets humans apart from the common Skwovet or Blipbug? I posit that humankind differentiates itself from Pokemon by way of being myth-makers. Language grants us the palette and the brush to communicate imagination in a manner that fosters societal cohesion. Myths are the cultural glue necessary for collective fiction: a communal fount that transcends individual differences and social status, grants harmonious collaboration across regions, and honours our desires and dreams with aesthetic shape.

Some may argue that Pokemon can also tap into the same tapestry of myth creation and yet, I remain skeptical of the degree in which they can share...

The passage continues to discuss more of the same.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,232 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Greetings, Galar [M]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 1:22:37 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Greetings, Galar

He returns. With in tow.

He wasn't there when Navidson found the note.

The blonde didn't really have much interest in legendary pokemon— not ones he couldn't steal sword techniques from, anyway. He had humored the younger man's curiosity regarding the matter by mentioning his family's seeming involvement with Calyrex before, but he wasn't expecting much out of this trip to the old library.

The main reason he was home was his girls.

Having both threatening to crush his ribcage with their tiny, powerful arms, he was glad to be back.

"Thanks goodness..." He breathed out warmly, holding both against his chest as his bones creaked.

He did, eventually, hear of the other man's findings. Or... lack there of.

No surprises there.

"Fruitless, yes? I must confess— I was not expecting much from these old tomes."

Closed minded of him, perhaps, but he had been raised on the contents of the library. He liked to think he at least had an inkling of a clue as to what to expect.

Yet... there was a passage that... certainly spoke to them, men who had 'crafted' a legend alongside legendary pokemon.

"Language and Mythology..." Gwyar echoed the paper, cupping his chin thoughtfully. He read through the rest of the passage, looking for the name of the author as he considered the text.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights