Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
EXTRACTION: NAVY & PENNY [Green Eyes]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 22:17:06 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]league - ultra deep sea
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]EXTRACTION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: PREPARATION

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]After surviving a journey to the deepest extremities of Ultra Deep Sea, you find yourselves in a chamber with a glowing, magenta organ pulsing in its center. It's a gargantuan core that continuously emits energy. Terrifyingly, the radiation it spreads seemingly distorts space and time around it.[break][break]

Around you, Poison Tera Crystals, minerals imbued with Dynamax Energy, and more exist for you to mine, harvest, and gather.[break][break]

To overcome the energy's paranoia or hallucinogenic effects, designate someone who will take the brunt of the core's radiation.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Designate one character.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Take the brunt equally.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#b35ab3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 22:17:21 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

They meet in a grotto under the sea. This base, carved into a beautiful cavern with watery light filtering down, has held strong. Navy built it three months ago with the help of and . It has been a beacon of light for souls lost in this dark sea. Rangers and officers of the League alike have restocked here. Agents of Rocket, too, have probably found this place.[break][break]
Navy chooses not to dwell on that.[break][break]
Sprawled out on the table before Penny is a map. It shows the Ultra Deep Sea in remarkable detail. Since she appointed him the officer in charge of the investigation, this duly-appointed peace officer has taken to his duty like a bloodhound to a scent. There’s a path charted from here to the far reaches of the place, where an organ rests.[break][break]
He doesn’t like this. He doesn’t like this at all. There’s two of them. Two, when there should be an army. Two, including one of the most valuable women in Hoenn. A woman after his own heart. Someone who sees a corrupt system and tries to change it for the better.[break][break]
She’s far more valuable than him, a mere warrior. She is also one of the very few blind spots in his memories concerning Galar. He remembers she has something special, but he cannot remember what. That in and of itself causes him some concern, but now is not the time to question it.[break][break]
Alright, Penny.” He speaks with familiarity born from twenty years of good service. “Don’t mean to patronize you, but here’s the situation: League needs us to extract ore from one of Eternatus’s organs. We’ve both got sygna suits, so we can weather the radiation together. Name of the game is to dig safely. One digs, one sets up defenses. Ultra Beasts’ll come in.”[break][break]
There’s respect in his voice, the respect due a commanding officer.[break][break]
I suggest I defend you while we mine. Afterwards, we have to get out of there, and quick. Between radiation from Eternatus and the Nihilego nest, it’s a death trap if we stay too long.” Despite all that, he offers her a cavalier smile. “Easy, huh?

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 17:02:57 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Since Galar, a deep fog had captured her mind. In it, fragments of memories take shape, some falsified by her innermost desires, and some as real as the sky above. Most around her knew the basic extent of this condition - many others couldn't piece together their experience within galar, so her case was far from unknown - but little knew the fog's truest reach. Even fewer knew of its origins.
[Break][break]
"Got it, got it."
[Break][break]
Hand pressed against her cheek, the councilwoman gave a few thoughtful nods, all the while her gaze rolled across the map. Ultra-deep sea was a hellscape. Brimming with cut edges and pools of darkness, had it not been for the unusual level of trust she placed in @navy, she might've excused herself from such a mission altogether.
[Break][break]
"Just make sure we get out of here alive," she winked, her lips reaching up to her right ear, "I rather die someplace nicer than this."
[Break][break]
Her fingers pinch against the tight fabric warped around her skin. It still amazed her how much a thin piece of cloth can do.
[Break][break]
Slouching forward, her hand hooked around a brown leather strap. She slung the extraction tools up and over her shoulders.
[Break][break]
"Lead the way."
[Break][break]
The pathway to the sought-after minerals wasn't a long one, but it was far from one born from convenience. Shadows splintered off from every corner of their vision and jagged rocks poked their sides. But Penelope had seen worse. Far worse.

[Break][break]
"So," her voice came as a soft whisper. Just loud enough to share a secret between two warriors. "It's been a while since we've spoken. How're holding up?"
[Break][break]
Since galar. Since everything.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] @navy[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 2:17:50 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

How close he comes to tearing his heart open and spilling all the bloody pain open for her. How he longs to speak about the children that never were, a future that will never be. He longs to wake up with by his side. He wants to strap on his riding clothes, walk up to the castle, confide in this woman, and be off on some mission. Life made sense in those days.[break][break]
Back in the dreaded real world, everything is confusing. Murky at best. Heading unclear, like a navigator would say.[break][break]
But he smiles. Puts on a mask of masculine bravado. Undersells his feelings.[break][break]
Been alright. Busy. Busy with this place. Busy runnin’ the gym.” He accentuates the words with a soft chuckle. “I’ll say what I said to Silph, sorry if recruitment is down after I opened my doors. My gym’s pretty…yeah.”[break][break]
It’s there in the tapes he sends to the council. Starry eyed children that don’t understand the stakes enter. They’re subjugated to a taste of what it’s like to fight for Hoenn. They’re overwhelmed on all sides. Beaten. Forced into a corner. Asked if this is a fight they really want.[break][break]
Many say no. Navy thanks Arceus for small miracles.[break][break]
How ‘bout you, Your Majesty?” Old habits die hard.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 3:36:56 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Bounded together by a white ribbon, a streak of fiery red bounced behind her, enunciating every step with the flip of her ponytail. Her question had been just another piece of the porcelain mask. A distraction to force Teddie to look inward, rather than outward. Because, just like him, life had been drained of its colors. Greens were muddled by brown splotches, blues have lost its intrinsic vibrance; the only color that maintained its core was red.
[break][break]

"Your Majesty?" She tilted her and casted a sidelong glance his way. The title carried a foreign weight to her head and her robbed memories hissed at its implications. "Haven't heard that one before."
[break][break]

"But busy as you may be, I hope you're granting yourself some moments of rest, too. Can't have you burning out on us, Navidson."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 10:28:56 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

There’s something so sad to him about her words. He doesn’t know whether to mourn her loss of that distant dream or envy its absence. The final words his daughter would ever say to him still haunts him.[break][break]
As they march deeper into the abyss, he forces himself to smile. They’ll be here soon. Step by step, he shows her that the faith she placed in him is not misplaced. Having spent far too much time in the guts of the great skeletal dragon, he knows this place like the back of his hand.[break][break]
Tell you what, I’ll rest if you do the same.” The smile brightens into something genuine. They have that in common, he thinks: a pair of workaholics. When she was nothing but a journalist making waves, he admired her for that from a distance. Someone has to tell the people about the real wars. It’s a thankless, tiresome, endless duty.[break][break]
Can’t have you burning out on us, Councilwoman.” His tone is familiar – too familiar for the relationship they’ve built in Hoenn. As his Geiger counter picks up its first tick, his tone turns serious.[break][break]
We’re almost there. In my experience, this usually ends in us getting swarmed. Someone’s gonna have to soak in radiation from the core while they mine. I recommend one of us does that and mines while the other defends.” He doesn’t volunteer for either position. Both are a burden all their own. Let Penny decide for herself which poison she prefers.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 16:36:54 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Oh how birds of a feather flock together.
[Break][break]
Absence to the memories the gym leader held, all Penelope knew was to smile at the painfully humorous joke of two workaholics trying to will themselves to stop.
[Break][break]
"Touché," she shook her head, a light smile still left on her lips, "Maybe after this we can grab lunch. I'm sure that one sandwich shop near the shore will still be open."
[Break][break]

Thoughts of food were immediately overtaken by the reality of their situation. To both options, the councilwoman inwardly shuddered. Neither held any benefits over the other. Still.
[Break][break]
"I'll defend, you mine."
[Break][break]
She'd rather battle the danger of the visible than the invisible.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 10:05:42 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]league - ultra deep sea
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]EXTRACTION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: COMFORTING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]As materials are mined and gathered, the designated trainer(s) will begin to experience heightened anxiety and fear. The walls around you are slightly translucent. They are fleshy and pink, pulsing with energy ever so often. Through them, you can view the great starry fields of space.[break][break]

Threats may begin to encroach upon this chamber. Nihilego, Poipole, Naganadel, and mutated Pokemon who have found themselves unluckily teleported here.[break][break]

The heightened mental anguish may also take a toll, requiring healing or barriers against assaults of the mind. However, there is limited time to mine. What will you do?

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Focus on heals/defense.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Focus on mining.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#b35ab3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 10:12:14 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Yes, Ma’am.” He smiles, accentuating the words with playful emphasis. Sandwiches sound divine to a man leagues under the sea.[break][break]
First, they have to finish their bloody task. Tossing out one of his most trusted Pokemon, Hattori hovers near Penny like a shadow. The Greninja is small – smaller than a specimen of his species has any right to be. Hattori is a defect, the result of improper breeding. Even still, he resolves to defend his Lord’s liege.[break][break]
The Lord in question, meanwhile, endures the torment of being close to the core. Navy remembers the feeling of being close to the thing without a sygna suit. How the average miner does it, he doesn’t know. Pain doesn’t begin to cover that feeling. A thousand corkscrews tearing into his skin, the sensation of being bitten, nails piercing his heart, all while voices whispered gently into his mind.[break][break]
Even with the sygna suit mitigating the pain, there are still pinpricks. With only one person mining, it’s slow going. Nihilego and Poipole begin to drift into the core. Drawn by the glow of fresh ore, they go to collect their prize. Hattori signals Penny. He flicks water shuriken to keep the poison beasts away.[break][break]
This party is only getting started. Beyond the lip of the cave, dozens more lights glow. Eternatus’s angels are coming for them.

[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights