Alphonse Gambino
A Royal Appointment [M][C]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 2:59:44 GMT
Alphonse Gambino Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mit"]
[attr="class","mittag"]

[attr="class","mitmain"]

The bright, sunny day was what the locals called a "Lilycove" day. That was a colloquialism to essentially mean the weather was - like their fair city - perfect. The sun bore down almost gently in a clear and mostly cloudless sky. The cry of the ever-present Wingull could be heard even from miles away. The department store was full of busy and bustling folks going about their commercial business. Nearby cafés were equally packed - and while some offered quiet corners for people to think and write and read in, others were more social and filled with excited back-and-forth chatter. The streets were more occupied than usual too - the carnival was in town, and that meant lots of money changing hands, smiles and laughter, and people being given a chance to forget about their worries and their strife.[break][break]

At one of the less busy corner cafés, still well within sight of the carnival entrance - a large man sat by his lonesome. Well - that wasn't complete true. There were a few rather conspicuous men and women in full-on suits and ties nearby. One hid behind a newspaper - and another seemed to be scrolling through her phone and sipping a coffee. But every so often they looked up and regarded the giant of a man who sat by himself. And the man was large enough to have given the waitress a slight bit of pause in serving him. But his smile was charming and radiant - and his amicable and friendly personality had soon endeared the man to her. He had an easygoing nature - and despite the brutal stitch on his face that spoke to some grave injury long ago, he was still handsome in his way.[break][break]

He sat calmly - and observed a man juggling knives off in the distance. He seemed amused by the sight - and though he was vastly tall and built with hard muscle, Alphonse maintained an air that made him easy to approach.[break][break]

But he didn't make for the carnival just yet - he had a date of sorts. An appointment. He was supposed to be meeting royalty. It wasn't as though that was a first for the Alphonse Gambino - CEO and founder of Gambino Bespoke Apparel and Accessories. But it wasn't an every day occurrence either - he patiently waited upon the princess's pleasure. Who was he to hurry a lady? He sat and sipped at his coffee - closing his eyes in a relaxed smile.

notes[break]
keeps an appointment with .[break]
Prompt: Watch a carnival performance.

[attr="class","mitpoke"]

[newclass=.mit]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mit div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mitmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mittag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mit b] color: #7b6678; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #876c7c; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mitpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,371 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 4:04:30 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

An appointment with the CEO of Gambino Bespoke Apparel and Accessories at the Magnificent Funtasia carnival held in the city she called home was surely something that the royal ambassador wouldn’t be late for. While she wears a ball cap, short-sleeved t-shirt, and shorts for her casual disguise in dark blue colors, the black choker with a single red rose on it was worn around her neck. Since Primrose the Shaymin wanted to come along with her, the female royal had her grass type carried around in a baby carrier while there was some odd looks here and there from passerbys.[break][break]

Eventually, Elise sees a taller man sitting at a table who was watching a carnival performance. His posture was recognizable as someone who was always easy to approach, so the female royal makes her way over to his table. “Good afternoon, Mr. Gambino. I hope I didn’t make you wait long for the appointment.” She takes her seat when she spoke over to the older man at the opposite end of the table and watches another performer juggle swords before the woman turns back to the CEO. “While my bodyguard is usually with me, I’m afraid he had to stay back at my home to cook dinner for when evening comes.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- Prompt: Watch a carnival performance.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Folgers/Monkey

Alexei the Reaper, Minuit
He/Him
Janurary 17th
Camphrier Town
Heterosexual
Crime Lord
Grunt
7 height
7 height
Expanding to Hoenn
awards
60 posts
part of
TAG WITH @al
Alphonse Gambino
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 4:38:49 GMT
Alphonse Gambino Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mit"]
[attr="class","mittag"]

[attr="class","mitmain"]

Alphonse Gambino noticed the woman in spite of her disguise. Of course he did - he had people watching the young princess around the clock. In another life - in another situation - Elise might have found the man in his usual, formal attire complete with large rings and a cigar between his teeth. She might have realized how dangerous the man before her could be. He might have sat at the table ominously with steepled fingers and men all about him. She might have been coming to ask him for a favor on this, the day of his daughter's wedding. But... no. Perhaps in an alternate reality that might have been their first meeting - perhaps Elise would have met Minuit and not the smiling, cheerful face of Alphonse Gambino.[break][break]

He gave a broad, cheerful grin upon seeing her but he did not speak up nor pronounce her name as he usually might have. He could tell Elise was going for a more discreet look this day. He did wave one hand dismissively at her concerns - but it was a kind, casual gesture.[break][break]

"Please, my dear. Not at all. I've merely been watching the festivities from afar! That man over there is quite deft with his blades. I wouldn't have it in me to even try!"[break][break]

Warm, sincere laughter and he leaned forward to eye the strange Pokémon. His face did not show anything but compassion and genuine interest. He smiled at the magical hedgehog and leaned back before he turned his attention to the princess.[break][break]

"It is you who must forgive me. I found myself so engrossed in the performance that I took some coffee without you. How rude of me!"[break][break]

Alphonse stood, his coffee cup empty - and he gently placed the equivalent of a fifty-dollar bill beneath the cup as a tip for the waitress. He smiled at Elise and added, in a half-joking manner.[break][break]

"Madame, I do not imagine you would need a bodyguard. You will have me with you though... And mine." He said, with a weary grin at Elise and a thumb over his shoulder to point out the woman in the black suit - who pretended not to be watching them.[break][break]

"Do not cook for me. But they do follow me around quite incessantly. Please be at your ease. You are as safe as can be."[break][break]

He leaned in and whispered - as if sharing a secret between friends.[break][break]

"They mean well, but they're a real drag. Hard for a man to cut loose and have some fun. But they've agreed to stay out of the carnival grounds. So I'd consider it a personal favor for us to head that way quickly."[break][break]

He straightened back up, and spike loud enough for his apparent bodyguards to hear: "Yes! Dutiful and reliable, that's them!"[break][break]

And with a boyish grin towards Elise he began to move, but only after allowing her to lead the way.[break][break]

As they drew closer to the main gate - it was not hard to see several of the attractions and hear the elevated, cheerful noise of people murmuring and talking. Alphonse did step in front of Elise briefly at the entrance - and handed a black credit card to the cashier. He didn't think twice about letting Elise pay for herself - she was his guest and had done him the honor of this meeting.[break][break]

"Two, please!" He said - and looked around distractedly as she woman fastened wristbands to Al and Elise's hands.[break][break]

"Oh! How fun! They have one of those fishing games over there! I've never been much of an angler myself - not for lack of trying, though! How about you? Do you have the chance to fish often? I'm sure you must be quite busy these days, miss!"[break][break]

Al took care not to call her by name or by title - if she was in disguise, he didn't want to ruin that by letting something slip!

notes[break]
Prompt: Involve or reference a Magikarp Fishing Game.

[attr="class","mitpoke"]

[newclass=.mit]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mit div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mitmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mittag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mit b] color: #7b6678; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #876c7c; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mitpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,371 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 17:31:53 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Mr. Gambino spoke that she wouldn’t need her bodyguard since she would be safer and his bodyguards didn’t cook for him. She does smile a little when he says that he took time to watch the festivities while waiting for her. “Well, I would assume they look out for your safety as much as mine does. Sir Osmond and I knew each other as children…” A little pink blush comes onto her pale face as she continues where she trailed off. “And while we are both lovers with each other now, I do not care much for whatever scandal it would come up with.”[break][break]

The royal gets asked if she knew what the game was when the man points out a familiar game that she played with her friend a week ago. “I have played that fishing game before, but I never had the chance to angle often due to how busy my schedule is. That one reminds me of a similar game played in festivals in Ecruteak called Magikarp Scoop.” The ambassador responds with a little laugh as she did miss her mother’s presence whenever she came back to Johto to visit her.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Prompt: Involve or reference a Magikarp Fishing Game.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Folgers/Monkey

He/Him
Janurary 17th
Camphrier Town
Heterosexual
Crime Lord
Grunt
7 height
7 height
Expanding to Hoenn
awards
60 posts
part of
TAG WITH @al
Alphonse Gambino
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 20:10:31 GMT
Alphonse Gambino Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mit"]
[attr="class","mittag"]

[attr="class","mitmain"]

Alphonse offered only a blank look at Elise let slip that she and her bodyguard were involved. The man, clad in a pair of khakis and a dark button-down, collared shirt blinked for a moment as though stunned. Then he began to laugh - a deep, amused peal of laughter that was as warm and sunny as the rest of him. He held up one hand and waved it slightly as if to apologize - and managed at last to get some words out:[break][break]

"I-I apologize, miss! I just... did not expect one of your station to so freely speak about your, ah, affairs!" One large finger reached up to wipe a single tear from his eye.[break][break]

"And your face just there was quiet comical. You must care deeply for this bodyguard of yours. I hope he guards your body well~"[break][break]

Alphonse allowed a hint of some mischievous tone to creep into his voice.[break][break]

"In any case, this is more my speed." Alphonse said, as they drew up to a "Pop the Pidgey" game - where a small cork was stuffed into a low-pressure air rifle.[break][break]

He held the two-handed gun easily enough in one hand - almost as if it were a large handgun rather than a two-handed rifle. And he reached up with his other hand to shield his eyes - no, to cover them so he could not see. There was a small, easy smile on his face as he regarded Elise as best he could with his vision obscured.[break][break]

"Here, lady. Watch and learn!"[break][break]

POP[break][break]

The cork sailed about two feet past the nearest Pidgey and hit only empty air. The teenage stall manager only laughed weakly and made am embarrassed but friendly smile. [break][break]

"Ah, sorry, sir. You... Missed." She said, with some hesitation as Al pulled his hand from his face and his shoulders sagged.[break][break]

"Alas~ Defeated by own hubris!"

notes[break]
Prompt: Lose at least one carnival game.

[attr="class","mitpoke"]

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,371 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 22:25:58 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Another blush comes on her cheeks when he apologizes for intruding on her more…private affairs and makes a little joke that her bodyguard should guard her body well. “I-I see… I’m…not really sure if your joke is suggesting something intimate, but I don’t think he was doing more intimate things with me yet.” Hell, she wasn’t sure if they were probably ready for this sort of thing given that they were dating recently. With the man showing her one of the other carnival games when they had finished watching the male performer, she sees him try his hand…and lose.[break][break]

Pop the Pidgey was a bit familiar given that this was one of those games where it reminded her of Ducklett hunts in the wild. She raised the rifle to pop its cork towards one of the nearby Pidgey and with a hit on the bird, a little triumphant chuckle comes from the ambassador. “It looks like you’re the one who needs to watch and learn, Mr. Gambino. Are you sure you’d played this game before?”

[break][break]

NOTES

- Prompt: Win at least one carnival game

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Folgers/Monkey

He/Him
Janurary 17th
Camphrier Town
Heterosexual
Crime Lord
Grunt
7 height
7 height
Expanding to Hoenn
awards
60 posts
part of
TAG WITH @al
Alphonse Gambino
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 16:40:20 GMT
Alphonse Gambino Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","mit"]

[attr="class","mittag"]

[attr="class","mitmain"]

Alphonse lowered his hand from his face to watch Elise take her shot.[break][break]

His shoulders sagged slightly beneath the apparent weight of his failure - he had tried to show off, and blown it! It would seem the Kalosian businessman might be good at fashion and sales and high-finance. But despite his large size it seemed the man lacked any martial prowess. His dad jokes aside, Al watched as Elise fired the cork at the line of Pidgey and managed to strike one on the first attempt. When Elise turned to regard Alphonse with her triumphant demeanor the older man could only offer an embarrassed smile and rub the back of his head; a youthful and earnest expression from the fashion mogul.[break][break]

"It is rare, for me of all people, to write a check I cannot cash. But you, miss - you say you've not done much angling, but you were spot-on with that rifle. It might be just a toy, but you held yourself as though you knew what you were doing. Could it be that you've handled the real thing before?"[break][break]

As Alphonse made idle conversation - well, this was a carnival game and it was all in good fun. The stall attendant offered Alphonse a small, wind-up Caterpie toy as a participation prize.[break][break]

Naturally, Elise would have her pick of something much more impressive.

notes[break]

Prompt: Pick a prize from the prize wall at one of the Carnival games.

[attr="class","mitpoke"]

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,371 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 1:20:35 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

While the worker behind the stall gave the taller dark-haired man in khakis his consolation prize of a wind-up Caterpie toy, the royal would be directed towards the prize wall for her win. “I hadn’t handled the real thing before, but I know games like these. They were common in carnivals held in Galar.” She replied back to the dark-haired man when he asked if she handled the real thing before with her turn to pick a prize from the wall.[break][break]

She takes a Mismagius figure off the wall since it’ll be a good decoration for her office desk at the embassy. “I don’t have many figures of Pokemon in my collection, but this one… It reminds me of Mana since she’s been my partner for a long time.” The royal says fondly of her partner Pokemon since hers has been her companion that she’d talk and bond with than having to interact with other people.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Prompt: Pick a prize from the prize wall at one of the Carnival games

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Folgers/Monkey

He/Him
Janurary 17th
Camphrier Town
Heterosexual
Crime Lord
Grunt
7 height
7 height
Expanding to Hoenn
awards
60 posts
part of
TAG WITH @al
Alphonse Gambino
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 16:19:45 GMT
Alphonse Gambino Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mit"]
[attr="class","mittag"]

[attr="class","mitmain"]

"Mana?" Alphonse inquired with a subtle tilt of his head.[break][break]

"So, you're a Mismagius fan. I'm surprised you can tolerate the sounds it makes. Last time I heard one crying out I suffered from hallucinations - saw things that weren't there."[break][break]

His voice grew steady - his tone, hard.[break][break]

"Then again - it was Team Rocket. Maybe the Pokemon raised by bad people can go bad too? I... don't know, miss." He allowed, and tried now to refer to her as "princess". [break][break]

"Still... I've always been fascinated by ghost Pokémon myself. I found my first partner Pokémon in a cave - and it was a ghost-type. Ever since then I've liked them more than most."[break][break]

As Al walked and talked with the Princess, he suddenly noticed something. Elise might too - if she only noticed Al suddenly stop walking so abruptly that he kicked up a little bit of dust with his dress-casual shoes. The wealthy man didn't seem to notice - he had eyes only for whatever they had bolted onto behind Elise. Not close, either - a pair of buildings sat on the other side of the street from Elise and Al. And between those buildings, hidden in shadow, two figures could be made out. One of them had their arm against the wall as if to keep the other figure from running away. Alphonse placed a hand gently on Elise's shoulder and stepped past her - his jovial tone gone and forgotten.[break][break]

"Excuse me, miss. A moment." [break][break]

The big man stepped into the alley - between the "bobbing for Applin" booth - and a more active one featuring a ring-toss game and some Diglett.[break][break]

Alphonse's body language and purposeful strides would suggest he meant to get himself involved in whatever trouble he had spotted - and he left Elise to either stand and watch...[break][break]

Or to follow, her path further into the alley blocked by the large frame of Alphonse Gambino.

notes[break]
Prompt: Involve or reference a Dugtrio-Ring-Toss Game

[attr="class","mitpoke"]

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,371 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 3:46:21 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

With Mr. Gambino saying that he was surprised she could tolerate the sounds it makes after asking if she was a Mismagius fan, he described that the cry he heard made him have hallucinations. “My mother, grandmother, and the female members of her family inherited the ability to commune with ghosts from the clan’s founder, so we’d have a tolerance for their noise. There is a legend passed down through generations of my mother’s family that the clan’s founder, the head priestess of the Bell Tower, had been blessed with divine powers of clairvoyance from the Divine Rainbow One himself.”[break][break]

While she nodded along with the man saying that he had a ghost type of his own, the large man would tell her that he excused himself to go deal with something near the alley. She would follow Mr. Gambino in finding out what he was dealing with though the royal had found herself blocked by the large frame of the dark-haired man in khakis. [break][break]

“Would you tell me what is going on?” She spoke over to Mr. Gambino in an attempt to at least know what was going on in the alley.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Prompt: N/A

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]