Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Fairy Tales, Act 2 [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 0:45:32 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Navy hates Pokemon Centers. They’re far friendlier than hospitals, but there is no warmth. Sterile white walls, occasionally broken by red, sit impartially while trainers wait. There’s no serious injuries today, so the mood is jovial. The nurse in attendance takes one look at Noel’s Rowlett and promises him that the Pokemon will be fixed up in no time.[break][break]
They’re left waiting. Nothing but one another’s company and no battle to bridge the gap. Navy stands up and goes to a vending machine. Putting in a few crisp dollar bills, the machine soon dispenses a pair of drinks. They’re identical twins, oolong tea wrapped in colorful green paper. Popping open the one he’s claimed for himself, Navy puts the other down by Noel.[break][break]
It shouldn’t take ‘em more than fifteen minutes. They’ve got this down to a science.” Kicking one leg up across his other knee, he studies Noel. Takes in his expression, the emotions beneath.[break][break]
Don’t take the loss too hard, man.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
697 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Fairy Tales, Act 2 [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 3:15:07 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango leaguechar"]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Noel is unresponsive. He sits there in silence, broken and defeated. He doesn't even notice the beverage that's placed right in front of him. Everything that made him him was erased all in one night. This was his moment to shine and just like that it was ruined. He no strength left, no will to fight anymore. He lifted his head up and looks at Navy.[break][break]

"You don't understand... tonight was supposed to be my chance to prove myself and to everyone, yet I've failed. All I've worked for has gone to waste now. Everyone saw how pathetic I looked and now they probably won't look at me the same ever again."[break][break]

Despair had taken root inside Noel. His dreams of making it big in the world crushed like an insect. He reaches down to pick up the somewhat warm tea, fiddling with it in between his hands before taking a sip for himself. The warmth the only thing he can feel at the moment as his brooding eyes face forward.[break][break]

"And worst of all I failed my pokemon, I'm not fit to be a worthy trainer for them..."[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".leaguechar"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Fairy Tales, Act 2 [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 7:31:49 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

You sound like someone else I used to know.” Navy laughs. Suddenly, he feels twenty again. His younger brother is standing across from him on a battle pitch. Skarmory, through patient planning, made mincemeat out of his Gyarados. Those were the days. Gabe had sniffed and cried as much as Noel was now.[break][break]
Look…losing isn’t the end of the world.” Navy pats Noel on the shoulder. “You wanna take the gym challenge, right? The point is to educate. Enjoy the ride. Learn some lessons. The only way you failed your Pokemon is to bite off more than you can chew.”[break][break]
His words are punctuated by a small chuckle. Even if the younger man can’t see anything funny about their predicament, Navy can root out some humor.[break][break]
Let me ask you a question. Hypothetical, of course. Let’s say Dewford got attacked by Rocket again. What would you do?

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
697 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Fairy Tales, Act 2 [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 18:16:20 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

"I wouldn't let them get away with it. I'd defend this place with my life if I had to."[break][break]

He owed a debt to this town for housing him this long. Many of the locals were like family to him when he was lacking his own. He had spent every moment of his life among them and to see them come to harm would be unacceptable. But first he required the skill and expertise to make sure something like that would never happen.[break][break]

"How can I be strong? I would do anything to get the same power that you have."[break][break]

If Noel possessed the same sort of strength as Navy it seemed like anything was possible. No one would be able to get in his way and he could protect the ones he cared for. But was such a thing even possible, he thought, how long would it take to acquire that power?He leans back against the wall, his cold gaze aimed up towards the ceiling, as if he was trying to look past it.[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Fairy Tales, Act 2 [M]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 6:01:54 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Simple: I don’t fight alone.” Crossing one knee across the other, he leans forward and sways a finger to accentuate the point. “Me or my Pokemon. We’re part of a bigger unit. When somethin’ goes down, we have other people in the League to depend on.” Of course, he often ended up doing the equivalent of special operations, but that was neither here nor there.[break][break]
No man’s an island. You think Vortigern’s strong, yeah? Well, imagine how good Vortigern could be if he teamed up with someone else’s strong Pokemon? Safety in numbers, kid. If you’re going to be jumping into every crisis anyway, you’ve got two choices: one’s way wiser than the other. You can either go home, hang up your hat, pick a safer profession, or you can play it smart. Join the League instead of working against them. That’s what I figured out.”[break][break]
Just go home. Navy’s eyes silently plead. Figure out you wanna be an accountant, or a lawyer, or a software dev. Anything but an idiot on the front lines with other idiots like me.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
697 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Fairy Tales, Act 2 [M]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 7:58:29 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

After a brief pause, taking everything that Navy had said and pondering on his words, Noel speaks up.[break][break]

"I...I've decided... I'm going to join the League."[break][break]

Noel stands up from the bench, turning around to face Navy, passion burning in his eyes with a newfound goal. It was clear he set his mind towards this with not really much thought or asking of how the League functions nor its duties. But to him it didn't matter, it was just a means for his lust for power. And if it could help him attain such a thing then he'd try and use the League to his advantage as much as he could.[break][break]

"Show me how, please. I don't care how long it takes or what I have to do. If it means I can protect the ones I care about then I'll gladly join."[break][break]

He wouldn't take no for an answer. Even if Navy denied his request, Noel would leave the island very soon to find his own way to join the League or to train his strength and battle ability more, so that he could one day defeat the one who started this all. With selfishness and envy taking control of his mind, a new spark was ignited inside him to set out on a journey.[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Fairy Tales, Act 2 [M]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 8:31:46 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Signing up, huh?” Navy’s laugh has a sad twinge amidst the mirth. “Well, there’s plenty of ways to do it. All of ‘em start with one thing, though. Sit here for a minute.” Sitting up, taking another sip of his cool oolong tea, Navy strides towards the nurse manning the front counter. They exchange some words. The Sheriff pulls out his phone. Information is exchanged.[break][break]
Eventually, someone comes with a few sheets of paper. They hand it to Navy, who walks back to where Noel sits. Slamming down the paper, he continues.[break][break]
And they all start with a job application! The Top Champ himself had to fill out one of these? works as a cop up in Slateport, you know. If you wanna make a living off of just battling, you’re in the wrong region. Galar’s the only place where you can really do that.”[break][break]
Tapping the paper with the edge of a pen, he raises it and offers it to Noel like it’s a sword.[break][break]
So, Mr. Parker, what’re your strengths?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
697 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Fairy Tales, Act 2 [M]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 18:52:16 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Noel accepts the pen and paper, glancing over the form quickly. He fills out the basic information and proceeds to think on what he should put down for his strengths. After some thought he begins to write down what he thought would be correct, making sure to mention his battle prowess and his mindset to always strive to better himself. His handwriting was sloppy but he hoped that wouldn't deter whoever would look over this application from accepting him. He finishes up the last details in the form and lifts his head back up towards Navy, returning the pen and paper back to him and asks.[break][break]

"So what happens now? What's the next step?"[break][break]

His voice had a eager tone to it. He wanted action now. Any sort of wait would leave him restless and wanting. Hearing how there was a whole other region where battling was the norm excited him and he would keep that in his mind for later.

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Fairy Tales, Act 2 [M]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 1:43:14 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Simple. I’ll look over the pros and cons, weigh my options, and get back to you.” A smile widens into a grin, like a skitty with a pidgey. “After that, I’ll get back to you, Deputy.” Standing up once more, the nurse waves them both over. Their Pokemon have been returned to them, handed on a neat little tray in their pokeballs. Navy gave them Vortigern because the dragon’s mood seemed to improve in spades when given treatment here.[break][break]
As for today? You n’ me, we’re gonna walk outside. Go for a stroll. Just enjoy ourselves. There’s nothing else you can do today. Lesson one: Accept when you’ve done enough. More people will come and pick up the slack. You’ve earned a rest. You got guts, Parker. I’ll give you that.”[break][break]
With a wave, he starts to walk out the door.[break][break]
Come on.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
697 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Fairy Tales, Act 2 [M]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 8:33:58 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Noel was still a bit hesitant to accept Navy's help or to follow his orders. But he knew this was the only way forward to achieving his goals. For now he would do anything Navy would ask of him in hopes of getting on his good side. He didn't want to squander this chance he was given and began to follow right behind Navy.[break][break]

"All right Navy I'll trust you... Its not like I can do much else now."[break][break]

Noel wondered what awaited him. Relaxation was the least of his worries right now but he had no choice. All he wanted to do was fight. All he wanted to be was the hero. For people to rely on him and to notice his strength. Because to him strength meant all, it was by far the one thing he valued the most, but quite possibly to a detriment. And by joining the League perhaps he could find people that had the same mindset, to be the best.

[attr="class","notes"]
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Fairy Tales, Act 2 [M]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 0:16:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(REPEAT)