Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Somebody That I Used to Know [S]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 1:36:03 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Her time with having come to an end, Nomi breathed out a sigh of relief, weary from the battle of wits she'd just engaged in. Keen on relaxing during the rest of her time at the carnival, Nomi eagerly looked around for , who she knew was lurking about somewhere, waiting for Nomi's "date" with the councilman to end, but her eyes found a different familiar face instead.[break][break]
She froze, trying to figure out how she knew the blond man idling by a group of kids playing a Dugtrio-Ring-Toss game, their wild giggles a stark contrast to the intensity of the man's expression. Nomi watched him, somewhat rattled by a profound sense of deja-vu, his name on the tip of her tongue.[break][break]
And then it hit her: the man was , her professor, 's, younger brother. The man who had been at her brewery with last winter, on a date.[break][break]
And, she realized with a jolt of recollection, a League special agent.[break][break]
Pulling out her phone, Nomi quickly texted Parker.[break][break]
Done with Silph, but don't approach me yet. Professor Gideon's brother is here, the one who works for the government. I'm going to talk to him.
[break]
Why? She could just walk away, share cotton candy with Parker, have some fun and then go home. But she had a weird feeling about Gunner...like he was someone she ought to say hi to. Like they were friends or something, except, that wasn't true at all - if anything, his affair with Summer might have already put Nomi, and other Rockets, at risk. She'd been meaning to check back in on that particular internal investigation, but things had been rather hectic since the conflict at the Ancient Tomb.[break][break]
This man was problematic and dangerous: if she were smart, she'd avoid him at all costs.[break][break]
"Hey, um, Gunner right?" Nomi inquired pleasantly, approaching him despite her better judgement.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit[break]
Social: Carnival (Funtasia)[break]
+1 STAMP - Reference a Dugtrio-Ring-Toss Game

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 14:37:32 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

The last thing Gunner expected while taking a detour through the Magnificent Funtasia set up in Slateport City was to hear his name. He turned, even more surprised to come face-to-face with someone he didn't know.[break][break]

No, wait.[break][break]

The memory of laughter echoed in his mind, as well as the hazy image of a pristine white dress.[break][break]

"Sorry, do I know you?" he asked, hesitant. The young woman did look familiar, but he couldn't place exactly where he'd seen her before. Too many confusing recollections jumbled together in his mind.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 16:12:21 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"Not personally, no," she replied, even though her brain was screaming yes! "Your brother, , is my thesis director at Slateport University. I'm a PhD candidate there." She held out her hand in a polite gesture of greeting. "We've seen each other before, in passing, but I wanted to officially introduce myself."[break][break]
That wasn't entirely truthful, but she wasn't sure how to explain the weird feelings that had surfaced upon seeing this man. It had been the same when she'd come across in Granite Cave recently. Another man she had never met before and yet, somehow knew. It hardly made any sense at all, but, well, she'd also come back from the Ancient Tomb with a field notebook full of research she didn't remember conducting so...[break][break]
Beside them, one of the children playing the Dugtrio-Ring-Toss game started crying, and Nomi was momentarily distracted from her reverie. The kid had seemingly lost one of his prize tickets. Fishing around in her pocket, Nomi pulled out one she'd earned earlier in the day. She crouched down and handed it to him.[break][break]
"Here you go," she said gently. "I don't really need it."[break][break]
He stared at her, blinking big round eyes rimmed with tears, then smiled sheepishly, grabbed the ticket, and hurried after his friends before she could change her mind.[break][break]
Nomi chuckled, standing again to face Gunner. "Sorry about that. Can't say I'm the best with kids, but I figured I'd help," she apologized. "Do you have any? Kids, I mean."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit[break]
+1 STAMP - Cheer up a distressed kid

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 3:36:46 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Recognition entered Gunner's eyes as the pink-haired woman spoke of his brother and her thesis work underneath him, even if her name continued to escape him. He recalled seeing her in Gideon's office once, when Gunner had stopped by to drop off a package.[break][break]

"Oh, right," the younger Graves said. He shook her hand, firm and friendly. "I don't think I caught your name."[break][break]

He watched her give a prize ticket to a little boy with a smile that quickly faded at her question of children.[break][break]

"No," he said, perhaps too quickly. "I'm not married." Not that that'd stopped him before.[break][break]

Changing the topic, he gestured toward more games and attractions farther inside the festival. "Want to walk and talk? I saw a guessing game a few stalls that way that I wanted to try my hand at."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 3:47:19 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

An awkward silence as he - somewhat adamantly - asserted his lack of children. And lack of spouse. Not that she'd asked about that.[break][break]
"Oh! Right," she realized. "I'm Naomi Sato. I usually go by Nomi, though." Weirdly, she felt he ought to know that - but why would he? If he'd merely seen her in passing at the university, then there was no way he'd know her nickname...right?[break][break]
"Sure, let's check it out," she agreed, following after him.[break][break]
The guessing game turned out to be a booth with several guessing games. Nomi approached a glass jar filled to the brim with colorful marbles. She squinted, trying to assess the total number. This was harder than it seemed![break][break]
She scribbled her guess onto a clipboard next to the jar, then turned back to Gunner.[break][break]
"I don't believe Professor Graves has mentioned to me what his brother does for a living," she commented idly. "Are you also in academics?"[break][break]
She knew for a fact that he was not, but she was curious whether he would admit to working for the League government.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit[break]
+1 STAMP - Participate in a "Guess-how-many-there-is" Contest

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 3:57:42 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi. Of course, Gunner knew that.[break][break]

How did he know that?[break][break]

At the booth, he wrote down his guess on the same clipboard and handed it back to the carny behind the counter. "No, I actually work for a law firm here in Slateport. Wesson and Sons," he explained. "I'm a paralegal."[break][break]

Gunner lied effortlessly—because it was true he worked there sometimes, and because he'd been telling the same lie to most people in his life for the past six years.[break][break]

However, it seemed oddly uncomfortable, lying to Nomi. Like she knew more about him, and he knew more about her, than should be possible for two people who'd only just met.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 2:09:56 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

A paralegal? Nomi blinked. That wasn't just a vague answer, it was an outright lie. She glanced at Gunner, momentarily unable to hide her shock, then resumed smiling pleasantly. So, he really is a secret agent, she determined. Why else lie?[break][break]
Unless she was imagining having met him at the Ancient Tomb, of course. So many of her memories from that time were a jumbled, confusing mess. Research she didn't remember doing; an intimacy with Parker she didn't remember fostering. But this man had been dating Summer, that much she knew: she'd seen them together at her brewery, after all.[break][break]
"One brother in higher education, one in law," she remarked casually. "The Graves are quite the accomplished family, it seems."[break][break]
They passed by a line of kids waiting to get on a Taurus-Rodeo Game, the current rider getting violently thrown about by the bucking mechanical bull. I should ask about Summer, she decided.[break][break]
"So, did a handsome paralegal like you really come to this carnival alone?" She teased, implying that she would have expected him to have a date.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit[break]
+1 STAMP - Reference a Taurus-Rodeo Game

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 2:18:56 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner chuckled—perhaps at Nomi's surprise, perhaps at her admiration.[break][break]

"Is it really that much of a shock?" he asked, tone light and unoffended. "Honestly, my family's disappointed I didn't take the bar. Yes, that includes Gideon. But he was always the more ambitious of the two of us."[break][break]

They strode past the Tauros Rodeo game, prompting a memory of as she wrestled to stay atop the mechanical bull. Gunner still had the video recording saved on his phone.[break][break]

Such amusing thoughts scattered when Nomi called him handsome. A frown flickered over his phase; her compliment seemed wrong, as if she was directing it to the wrong person. But there was no one else with them.[break][break]

His frown transformed into a bemused grin. "I did. Why not? Can a handsome paralegal not enjoy the feeling of being alone in a crowded place?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 2:52:00 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi noticed the way Gunner frowned when she called him handsome, as if it didn't seem genuine coming from her. Gosh, is my preference for women that obvious? She thought, blushing. He seemed to shrug it off, however, grinning while he asserted his right to attend a carnival alone.[break][break]
"Of course you can," she chuckled. "It's just that, I thought you had a girlfriend? I think Professor Graves mentioned going on a double date with you once..." Now it was her turn to frown - or at least, play up her confusion.[break][break]
Nomi stopped, something shiny catching her eye at a nearby Joyland Pop-up Souvenir booth. She briefly stopped to take a look, but it was just a display of cheap-looking keychains.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit[break]
+1 STAMP - Visit the Joyland Pop-up souvenir booths

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 19:46:47 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Whoa, wait," Gunner said with a laugh, "since when does my brother talk about his personal life during professional hours?" It was unheard of.[break][break]

He paused at the souvenir booth with Nomi, his eyes scanning the collection of knicknacks with only passing interest. Nothing stood out to him as enticing enough to buy.[break][break]

"Anyway, that was a while ago. I'm single," he continued, feeling no great need to assert again as if his relationship hadn't lasted several months, "and I'm not looking."[break][break]

If dating Summer had reminded Gunner of anything, it was how much being exclusive made him feel caged. Though he couldn't put it into words or explain why, he much preferred his current arrangements.[break][break]

"What about you? Are you seeing someone?" Gunner asked carefully, scratching the strange itch telling him that Nomi indeed had a partner.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 2:10:17 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi laughed along with Gunner, intent on continuing her ruse. was definitely not the sort of man to talk about his personal life at work, but admitting that she'd spied on the brothers during a double date at her brewery was somewhat embarrassing. Not to mention the other evidence she had that Gunner and Summer had been dating...the dream within a dream in a Galar that had never been.[break][break]
"Apologies, then," Nomi replied, noting the hard edge to Gunner's tone as he declared his lack of desire to look for another romantic partner. "I shouldn't have assumed."[break][break]
Stomach grumbling, Nomi stopped briefly to purchase a bag of buttery popcorn from a stand nearby to the Joyland one. As she did so, Gunner turned Nomi's own line of questioning back on her. She paused, face heating as her eyes lit up with obvious adoration.[break][break]
"Oh, uh, yes actually! She's meeting me here in a little bit. My girlfriend."[break][break]
Nomi's whole face was aglow with joy, stupidly pleased to be able to officially say it. Though she and had not been dating long, they already seemed to have a deep connection, an intuitive understanding of one another, as if they had been together for much longer.[break][break]
Nomi held out the bag of popcorn to Gunner in case he wanted any, beaming happily at him.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit[break]
+1 STAMP - Offer a carnival treat to someone else

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 17:59:18 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner's eyes crinkled with a brief and tender fondness as he smiled at Nomi. Her answer was expected, like it was the obvious answer. Like he should have already known it. Like that white dress that flashed in his memory meant something important.[break][break]

"That's adorable," he said. "Go whenever you need, then; I won't delay you from hanging out with her."[break][break]

He took a handful of buttery popcorn from Nomi with a small 'thanks' when she extended the bag to him.[break][break]

"What's her name?" Gunner asked after chewing and swallowing. Absently, he reached for a paper napkin from the popcorn stand to wipe the grease from his fingers.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 0:14:52 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi chewed a mouthful of popcorn and considered Gunner's question. She ought to have no issue with telling him Parker's name, but...she had a weird feeling about it, like doing so might come back to bite her later. He's a secret agent but if he has no hard evidence that we're Rockets, then he can't arrest us...right? Something nagged at the back of her mind, like she was forgetting something important, a connection she couldn't quite draw between Gunner and Parker.[break][break]
"Her name is Parker," Nomi said at last, masking her sudden disquiet with a friendly smile. "She's the best. Maybe I can introduce her to you sometime. I'd like her to meet Professor Graves eventually, too."[break][break]
Speaking of Parker...[break][break]
Nomi's phone buzzed. She took it out, glancing at it. "Ah, she's looking for me. I should go." She paused, staring up at Gunner somewhat awkwardly. "Maybe I'll see you around? Take care, Gunner."[break][break]
And with that, she hurried off.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit[break]
+1 STAMP - Eat a carnival treat

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,972 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 23:37:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: