TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
Parallel Play
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 2:00:08 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]
[attr="class","nenet1body"]

The rifts and anomalies happening around Hoenn were certainly a new field of study for her, but nonetheless their potential for life stirred a deep fascination within Nenet. Thus, a few well-placed emails found Nenet in contact with Gideon Graves, Executive Director of Slateport's National Museum of Natural History.
[break][break]
The agreement to meet at the warehouse district of Slateport was brought on by Nenet's recent run-in with an anomaly on her own. Standing beside her, balancing on her toes, her Kirlia who evolved within the rift danced beside her.
[break][break]
Hand raising as she spies her expedition partner, Nenet calls, "Good morning! Gideon Graves?" Her hand then extends, and she offers politely, "Nenet, it's a pleasure to meet you in person. Thank you for agreeing to accompany me."

NOTES

- .[break]
- Mission: Dive Into Distortion.

[attr="class","nenet1pkmn"]

[attr="class","nenet1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1"]--accent:#EDE574;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
Parallel Play
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 4:52:55 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstempgideon"]
[attr="class","body"]

To say was excited would be an understatement.[break][break]

His entire life was dedicated to unveiling the unknown. To adding more to humanity's collective knowledge. So the prospect of venturing into another world? Where numerous discoveries were just waiting to be found?[break][break]

Too tantalizing to pass up. So when found her way into his inbox, there was no timelines where the professor would have rebuffed her.[break][break]

"Correct," He confirmed, taking the astrobiologist's hand firmly in his and shaking with all the polite professionalism someone of her esteem deserved. [break][break]

"Wonderful to finally meet you in person as well, Nenet. I look forward to working with you today." Releasing his grip, Gideon then gestured to the vehicle they'd rented for the day.[break][break]

"We've got quite the expedition ahead of us."

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempgideon"]--accent:#d49f3a;font:13px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon i"]color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempgideon .notes"] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 25px 15px 25px 15px; margin: 5px 7px 10px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon .credit1"]font-size:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy
awards
527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
Parallel Play
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 9:51:58 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Nenet smiles, her grip firm and polite as they shake hands. "We do," she agrees. "And I for one and estatic to see what we'll find."
[break][break]
"This is the Kirlia I told you about." Kirlia dances with a touch more elegance at being mentioned, preening under the attention. "I've wondered if further exposure would evolve her again, but I haven't had the time to test it out."
[break][break]
"I hope that isn't stick," she suddenly says with a laugh, her chip tipping towards the driver's side, "or you're driving all day." Despite her words Nenet walks towards the passenger's side - Gideon rented the vehicle after all - and moves to pull open the door.
[break][break]
"The warehouse is open on side," she offers for his benefit.
[break][break]
Into the unknown!

NOTES

- .[break]
- Mission: Dive into Distortion.[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
Parallel Play
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 19:55:09 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It was indeed a manual vehicle. Those seemed to be cheaper to rent for whatever reason, and the museum and its financial division was all about economic efficiency! [break][break]

With a small, amenable chuckle, he replied, "I don't mind. I'm used to long hauls, though it's been quite awhile since I've done any field work this extensive."[break][break]

Gideon joined her on the driver's side of the SUV and immediately started the engine. They had quite the drive ahead of them before they made it to the closest documented rift into the DISTORTION WORLD. In the meantime, the two scientists chatted about their current research interests, academic backgrounds, how their careers intersected with Hoenn's tumultuous events, etc. [break][break]

The professor found to be a pristine example of an academic. He quite enjoyed their talk.[break][break]

Eventually they reached their destination, however, and entered into GIRATINA's realm together. Gideon brought with him a backpack filled with all sorts of devices meant to record and document his experiences here.[break][break]

"Let's try and stay close to one another. The reports I've read mention no antagonistic encounters, but there's too little data to support that as a certainty."

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempgideon u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempgideon .notes"] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 25px 15px 25px 15px; margin: 5px 7px 10px 8px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
Parallel Play
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 10:25:45 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

It's almost a shame when the SUV is pulled to a stop - but Nenet's burning curiosity vastly outweighed the comfortable professional companionship she had been sharing with Gideon. They both had their own theories and observations to make over polite chatter.
[break][break]
The realm around them twisted subtly, just enough to be noticeable as they climbed out of the vehicle; when Nenet distractedly allows the passenger side door to slam shut the realm careens.
[break][break]
Clutching the side of the SUV from her own vertigo, Nenet utters a breathless, "Better get those instruments up and running." Perhaps this was a bad idea after all.
[break][break]
As she speaks her Kirlia pops out from her pokeball and looks about with curiosity, oblivious to the humans' discomfort.

NOTES

- .[break]
- Mission: Dive Into Distortion.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
Parallel Play
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 17:39:43 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

They’re thrust into the DISTORTION WORLD with little time to collect themselves or their equipment.[break][break]

barely has a few seconds to grab his large backpack before he and find themselves in a wholly other realm. The rift took them, but luckily not their vehicle, which remained in Hoenn. Inwardly Gideon is grateful; Debra in the finance department would have chewed his ear off if he’d lost the rental car.[break][break]

I wanted to get a few baseline measurements first.” He stated, mild awe in his voice intermixing with a heavy dread in his chest. There was just something innately disturbing yet fascinating about this place. “And also a few biological and soil samples, if possible.” [break][break]

It was time to get to work. Unzipping his bag, Gideon handed the first piece of equipment to set up before he took one of his own – a device used to measure energy signatures.

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
Parallel Play
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 14:33:21 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

"I don't know about the biological but we can certainly get soil," Nenet answers. She peers for a moment at her Kirlia and then slips into the backseat to find the proper equipment.

[break][break]
As she exits the vehicle once more Nenet pauses; the hair on the back of her neck raises, and she looks around the distorted world slowly. Was it paranoia? Or had something in the area noticed the three outsiders.

[break][break]
Trying to shake the feeling from deep in her bones, she quickly moves to take soil samples. "It feels like we're being watched," she muses idly to Gideon. As she speaks she corks up a soil sample and moves to take another.

[break][break]
She wonders if he feels the same oppressive gaze as she does. Much better to allude than outright state - her own sense could be playing tricks.

NOTES

- .[break]
- Mission: Dive into Distortion.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
Parallel Play
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 18:38:02 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Though the liminal space appeared nearly devoid of life, there were a few telltale signs that some biotic lifeforms might have somehow evolved to tolerate a realm like this.[break][break]

Though the liminal space appeared nearly devoid of life, there were a few telltale signs that some biotic lifeforms might have somehow evolved to tolerate a realm like this.[break][break]

[break]

Around them, odd, kelp-like structures haphazardly drifted in the gloom from where they seemed rooted in the soil. At their zenith was what appeared to be a flowering body of some sort. There were even small clumps of something that looked to be a plant-like organism scattered around.[break][break]

"I'll take a few cuttings just to be sure," Gideon called back to , already retrieving his grafting knife from his pocket and polythene bags to sort and store the specimens collected.[break][break]

When he cut into the first leaf, the ominous feeling of being watched suddenly sent a chill down the professor's spine. [break][break]

"...it appears that way, yes." Were those a pair of red eyes he saw peering from the darkness? Or was this place simply playing tricks on his mind?[break][break]

Already the feeling was becoming suffocating.

"I'm not sure how much longer we can stay here without inviting danger."

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
Parallel Play
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 8:32:01 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Nenet barely recognised the organic matter even as Gideon pointed it out. Well, he could see to that himself. Instead she collected the soil samples and capped off each glass vial before dutifully tucking it back into the bag for safekeeping.
[break][break]
Nearby she could see one of the.. islands of land? pieces? shifting subtly, and she watched as a few clumps of dirt fell into the abyss around them. As if it wasn't ominous enough, she could not make out a distinct sound of the dirt hitting anything at all. Was it still falling?
[break][break]
The air grew heavy as the worked together, a tense silence befalling the area. Beginning to speak once more, Nenet's eyes widen as she catches sight of what appears to be two glowing red eyes watching them from the distance.
[break][break]
"Gideon-" she mumbles, silencing abruptly.
[break][break]
The ground shakes with some sort of reverberation from deep within the realm. Were they being watched, or was it all a coincidence?
[break][break]
Heart in her throat, she slings the soil samples into the back of the jeep and calls, "I'm done, let's go!"

NOTES

- .[break]
- Mission: Dive into Distortion.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights