he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,677 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Clashing Strikes[Gym]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 20:43:20 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded - both at the mention of his guts, and that he was blind. "'Course I've had my losses! Nobody'd get my badge if I didn't! Though I do have my wins too, else I couldn't have been a Gym Leader."

"Aaaaaand you're right about me being blind too. Not really something I try to hide, but I don't go out of my way to tell everyone either." His Pokemon were more than skilled at keeping him aware of what was happening, whether watching from the sidelines or in the middle of a pitched battle.

And there were a lot of Pokemon watching from the sidelines - not just the smattering of Pokemon that were literally at the sides of the arena, watching and cheering as the battle went on; some were watching from the windows, others were watching from the room of the Gym, and others ventured away from the Gym, though still kept a good distance from the battle.

And why wouldn't they? Both sides were down to their final Pokemon, both worn down. All they had left to do was launch their strongest attacks and see who was standing(/floating) afterwards. "Sounds good to me," Hideo answered, pointing forwards towards the Kommo-o. "Orby, show him all that Psychic power you got!"

The Orbeetle would do just that, channeling all the power it had left into a Psychic blast aimed straight for the Kommo-o. This left it vulnerable to the oncoming Close Combat - just in time for its Reflective shield to wear off.

Resistance proved ineffective against the overwhelming strength of its foe, and the Orbeetle went down, drawn back into its Pokeball.

But the question now was if the Kommo-o would still be standing afterwards?

Reflect has worn off
Orbeetle used Psychic on the Kommo-o
Orbeetle hit by Close Combat
Orbeetle fainted

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Clashing Strikes[Gym]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 6:21:59 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

The final clash had occurred, between the two juggernaut pokemon as they hit their final clash; Kommo’o had taken the full brunt of psychic power and tried to power through, hitting strike after strike as he felt himself being crushed, a super effective strike against himself; hitting again and again.
[break][break]
It was painful, it constantly struck at his scales until he stopped; his opponent fell but Kommo’o fell to his knees just as well, heavy breaths came from the dragon as its scales shingled in the air.
[break][break]
There was a sound as it struggled to keep consciousness, the Orbeetle that he fought was powerful, if it had been a one on one it’d have been a lost fight. But now, it was different, Absol and he were a strong combo.
[break][break]
”Everyone has lost at least once, but, your job relies on it huh? Guess that’s tough, you’re a strong one.” Kouji said as Kommo’o fell forward before catching itself on his claws before throwing itself upwards with a roar, shaking on side to side on his feet.
[break][break]
”You’re strong, I’d have kicked at the world if I was a blind kid thrust into this shit, I was just an idiot kid who thought he could do too much.” He said as he cracked his neck both ways.
[break][break]
”I take this is my win?” He said as he looked at Kommo’o, but it really just felt like a draw, if it were a real battle, Kommo’o would put up less of a fight than a paper bag.

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

Gym challenge time

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]

[/quote]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,677 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Clashing Strikes[Gym]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 19:35:21 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The Kommo-o, as it would seem.

A round of applause came from Hideo - as well as the Pokemon around that watched (and had the appendages to clap with). It was a good number of Pokemon, too; at least a dozen were out now, all around the arena.

"You're not wrong there," Hideo answered, a smile on his face. "I can't just give away badges, but if I go too hard, nobody could get any! And it feels better to watch how people are when they win these kinds of battles." It'd also make him look weak if battles were too much in his challengers' favor - the kind of weakness Rocket would abuse.

The kind of weakness that could actually get him jumped.

"Feels good to get recognized, though. There are still some people that wanna test me with my challenge, 'stead of the other way around!" It honestly did piss him off sometimes; some people just didn't seem to want to acknowledge he could get seven badges before becoming a leader himself.

"And yeah, I'd say that's your win." Hideo approached the man - several Pokemon from the outskirts following him. "Usually, people gotta sign up for these challenges first, buuuut I guess we could make a bit of an exception for today; you did just win a traditional challenge, after all."

It didn't have the same illusions as his normal traditional had, but those were always just for aesthetics. There also wouldn't be a recording of the match, but that was just for others to reference in the future.

"So I'll be the one to present you with the Ordeal Badge." He reached into his pocket, taking out the small heart-shaped badge.

"Though, uh, I think you'd need to fill out some paperwork if you want this to count for the Gym Circuit. Don't think the E4 would be happy with people walking in with a badge they got from 'jumping' someone. It's not too much work; just some stuff about yourself like your name and why you were here to challenge me."

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Clashing Strikes[Gym]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 7:22:45 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kouji thought about it for a moment, properly on whether to add his name but he just shrugged. ”Appreciate it kid, but a guy like me can’t go all the way to the E4 circuit, plus wouldn’t want you to have passed a criminal, that ain’t good on your record; y’know?” He said as he took the badge in hand, it was something; a point of pride, what was it now? Two? It was definitely worthwhile.
[break][break]
”But you were strong, it could’ve gone either way, Kommo’o could’ve been knocked out with a breeze.” He said as he drew back his pokemon, ready to have him back in his ball. Kouji wondered just how much healing these two would need, and finally he had to acknowledge the power of these gym leaders.
[break][break]
”Don’t let these crooked adults mess you up too much, keep three eyes on a guy, even those you love might not be who you think.” It was the last piece of advice he himself could offer, but then again…Was it really worth it to have another him walking about? But then again.
[break][break]
”Actually, forget I said that. Stay as you are.”
[break][break]
That was for the best. Kouji gave a wave over his shoulder as he walked away, a proper smirk on his face. He’d have to challenge more, but he knew that he could do it in the end. It was just a matter of time.

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

Gym challenge time

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]

[/quote]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,908 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Clashing Strikes[Gym]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 8:28:32 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven