awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
welcome, welcome [zev/mission]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 4:01:19 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
the girl doesn't look like much at first. she's perhaps a little bit taller than average, with a blank expression and deep, dark blue eyes. she has her hands folded in front of her, nails carefully manicured, her clothes expensive-looking and pristine. she's not the sort of person you'd expect to come here of her own free will, and she doesn't seem the least bit curious about her surroundings. if not for the steady rise and fall of her chest, one might think her a mannequin. she's pretty enough to be one, with her clear skin and long violet hair...

when zev arrives, she immediately stands and gives him a respectful bow. "you must be mr. harcourt," maki says. "my name is maki yukimura. i'm here to report that i have arrived without incident." the trip from kanto had been long, and she'd kept herself amused by reading a report of everything that had happened in the region since rocket began to get more of a foothold there. she'd never traveled alone before, but as with most everything else she does, she'd been extremely particular in her preparations, and hadn't run into any obstacles because of it. nothing had been forgotten, and nothing had been misplaced.

maki stands to attention, giving zev a smile that doesn't reach her eyes. "this courtyard is quite lovely."
[ ]

Recruitment I MISSION START!
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 17:24:52 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Transfers from Kanto were not uncommon, especially with the steady occurrence of strange incidents plaguing Hoenn. As a Beast, Zev did not often meet them for orientation, but the task still fell within his range of responsibilities. However, the name on this one piqued his interest, stirring old memories of his first years as an assassin.[break][break]

"I am," Zev confirmed when the girl greeted him in the submarine's courtyard. He looked her over with a critical eye.[break][break]

Between her doll-like features and immaculate clothing, Maki seemed at odds with the typical appearance of a Team Rocket grunt. But he knew well that looks could be deceiving. The smile that did not reach her eyes was very similar to his own.[break][break]

"I'm familiar with the Yukimura family," he continued. "You might not know this, but I took assassination contracts from them nine, ten years ago." Not that the connection meant anything to him.[break][break]

Zev inclined his head toward the bench, indicating that Maki could resume sitting, if she wanted. "Tell me about yourself. Your background and skills."[break][break]

He'd read her file already, but he wanted to hear what she had to say about herself.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Recruitment Act I

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
I AM THE DESTROYER.
5'4 height
5'4 height
i'll pe-pe-peel, peel my emotions away
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 23:51:34 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
an assassin... her expression doesn't budge. she gives him a nod, and takes a seat on the bench once more. "perhaps we were fated to meet like this, then," she jokes. people like them don't believe in fate. there may be higher powers out there, but maki doesn't believe they'd spend their time manipulating the destinies of those beneath them. just like her family, who never intervenes in matters regarding their workers, instead spending their time watching from above in a glass penthouse, untouchable.

"i am nineteen years old. my eldest brother is the heir to the company." despite the fact that he's a fool, maki thinks to herself, holding back a sigh. "i have been trained in all manner of combat since i was a child, both between humans and between pokemon. i've brought with me a froslass and a houndoom, though i intend to keep a full party with me at all times once i have acquired more pokemon." she didn't want to empty out her family's stores. they need backup more than she does. you never know when an assassin might show up-- one who doesn't work for them. "i was privately tutored and have finished all necessary schooling. i have also studied some of how rocket operates; beyond that, i will be doing my learning on the job."

she tilts her head, studying him. "is that adequate? do you have any questions for me?"
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 15:50:06 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

A man like Zev did not believe in fate. He didn't respond to Maki's joke, focusing instead on her answer to his question. As she spoke, he noted the thoroughness of her answer, as if she had prepared it beforehand.[break][break]

Human combat and Pokémon battling were both good skills to develop at such a young age, but training scenarios and real-world situations were totally different beasts.[break][break]

"Have you completed jobs for Team Rocket before, or is your combat experience only what you've encountered in the practice ring?" Zev asked.[break][break]

He remained standing, not moving any closer to the bench.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
I AM THE DESTROYER.
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 17:10:23 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
she angles her head slightly, the rest of her body staying still. "twice, i've assisted members of my family with missions in kanto. one mission involved the stealing of a gym leader's pokemon, and the other involved executing a traitor." she understands her own lack of experience in operating on her own, or with an unknown ally. she's spent most of her life in her family's fold, rarely venturing out to experience the real world. those two missions were eye-opening for her. not in the way one might expect, but rather they awarded her with the realization that the world was full of weakness that needed to be purged.

her parents wouldn't have sent her here if they didn't think she was ready. "i look forward to learning more from this region," maki says smoothly.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 12:10:39 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev raised an eyebrow, betraying his surprise.[break][break]

“Stealing a gym leader’s Pokémon?” he echoed. “All the current Kanto gym leaders were installed by the state. Unless you mean you did it six years ago, before the war. Before we killed or imprisoned the previous gym leaders.”[break][break]

Maki would have been thirteen then, if her age and birthdate on her file were accurate. Would the Yukimuras have really allowed a thirteen-year-old girl to go on such an operation?[break][break]

Then again, Team Rocket trained their agents at a young age. If the girl’s family was as intertwined with the crime syndicate’s affairs as her file claimed, then perhaps they saw nothing wrong with offering their children in such a way.[break][break]

Zev himself thought it was stupid to involve children in critical operations.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
I AM THE DESTROYER.
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 18:29:22 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
maki nods. "that is correct. though i have to admit, i did not have much involvement in the operation itself. i was used primarily as a lookout." though her family saw no problem with such a young child accompanying them on that endeavor, they had set things up so she would be in the safest location. from there, it was mostly a test of her resolve, to see if she would crack, or if she was suited for this line of work. maki had given nothing away, and had fulfilled her role perfectly.

"the next mission i went on, i was sixteen. i was the one who pulled the trigger." there are no flashes of regret or guilt on her face. that person was dead the moment they betrayed team rocket. they were a fool who had no place in this world. others might balk at death, but maki doesn't see the value in most lives. someone is either livestock, or the butcher. there is no in-between.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 19:28:14 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Maki's robotic speech and lack of natural, unconscious movement struck Zev as an anomaly—one he knew well, considering he was much the same. She'd stand out among the grunts, but perhaps in the way the upper brass preferred.[break][break]

Still, he wondered how much she could think for herself.[break][break]

"Come with me. I'll give you a tour of the submarine," he said, though it was less an invitation and more of an order. "While we walk, tell me more details about your second mission. The planning involved, and how you carried it out."[break][break]

Situated in the north wing of the submarine, the courtyard was nearest to the high offices and the laboratories. He started off in the direction of the former without looking back, expecting Maki to fall into step beside him.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
I AM THE DESTROYER.
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 16:20:15 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
she stands and follows after him, her footsteps silent as they traverse the submarine. she wonders, somewhere in the back of her head, if this is where her parents' money has been going to; a base of operations that can move around unseen is an incredible asset to have for rocket's more clandestine presence her. she's used to them being out in the open, with nothing to fear from law enforcement, because they're either in the pocket of the gang or soon to be removed from the equation.

"the traitor was a former associate of my father's," maki explains. "he stole several of our plans and was attempting to reach interpol outside the region. i used the internet to narrow down his location and tracked him the rest of the way with my houndoom. after defeating him in battle, i shot him." she makes it sound so simple, so easy. this was someone who had been close with her family, who had watched her grow up. that made it even more foolish to betray them. he should have known what was coming. he'd pleaded with her, begging her not to do it, and she'd done it anyway. "i then confiscated his pokemon and burned the body. i used his key to gain access to his home and burned that as well, just in case."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 18:09:22 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

From the North Wing, Zev led Maki clockwise down narrow hallways to the East Wing, where the medical bay and training facilities were located.[break][break]

Among the latter, he pointed out the fitness center for humans and the practice arenas for Pokémon battling. One thing the submarine lacked, however, was a shooting range.[break][break]

"So you have skill with firearms," Zev observed when Maki finished recounting her mission. Her retelling was efficient and concise, and matched the details of her file.[break][break]

"If you want to practice, there are shooting ranges in the city proper." He meant Sootopolis. "You can imagine the risks involved if we put one in here. I'll schedule a visit and an assessment with me later this week."[break][break]

Above all, he wanted to see if she could truly shoot, or if she'd just been lucky.[break][break]

They passed by a break room, where a group of grunts sat around a table, laughing and playing cards. A few looked up from their hands to watch Zev and Maki walk past, their eyes lingering on her as the newest member of their branch.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
I AM THE DESTROYER.
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2023 17:29:00 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
maki's trained with multiple weapons. guns are merely one of them, but even she has to admit she enjoys the sportsmanship of it above all others. she hesitates, the tiniest moment of vulnerability cracking beneath her composed surface. "...i would enjoy that," she admits. then she's back to normal, expression as icy as ever.

they pass by a group of grunts. maki turns to look at them, and offers them a smile in acknowledgement. anyone with strong perception might notice the smile is as fake as a doll's smile would be, vacant, with no real feeling behind it. most, though, would just see a pretty girl in expensive-looking clothing smiling at them and assume the gesture to be genuine. maki continues walking, following zev on the tour through the submarine. she does marvel a little at the amenities, impressed in spite of herself.

"is there anything else you wished of me, sir?" she asks, cocking her head.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2023 17:44:45 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

If Zev noticed Maki's brief moment of vulnerability, he did not mention it. Instead, he continued the tour, bringing the girl to the West Wing next. He showed her the narrow bunks, one of which she could claim if she wished.[break][break]

Considering her background and family's wealth, however, he would be surprised if she chose the cramped bunks in the submarine over a roomy apartment in Sootopolis.[break][break]

After they left the West Wing, Zev concluded the tour in the main lobby. The ladder leading to the vessel's exit waited for them at the other end of the room.[break][break]

"None right now," he said, though he was sure he would have questions later after seeing her capabilities for himself. "What about you? Any questions?"[break][break]

He waited, hands in his pockets, with a measure of patience dwindling slowly, like sand slipping through an hourglass.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
I AM THE DESTROYER.
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 16:56:26 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
if this were a more 'normal' interview, maki would have been told by her family to always have a few questions ready, so you show interest in the company. she does hesitate for a moment, thinking on the question, before she shakes her head. she's never been taught how to conduct yourself in a job interview; her family has enough money that she'll never need to work a day in her life. of course, traditional work and work for team rocket are both entirely different things.

"i have none at the moment," she says simply. "i will be sure to inform you if i think of anything by the next time we meet." she dips her head. all team rocket needs is my obedience, she tells herself. first and foremost, she has to prove her strength and her loyalty. curiosity can come later. not that she's the curious type... but she's never been on her own before, so maybe she'll find herself changing now that she's not right under the nose of her mother and father.

she waits patiently to bid zev farewell. she'll stay in the submarine for the time being, familiarizing herself with it a little bit further.
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 2:41:57 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: