Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
SECRET: JOSH & BAKI
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 1:53:41 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu"]
[attr="class","star1tsu"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu"]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]"Signal's jammed. Can't get through."[break][break]

A frustrated Tsubaki looks down at her Rotom phone as she jabs a finger over and over at its sad, frowning face. It winces, and pretends to shed a tear. That expression frustrates her even more. This is no time to be so damned cute![break][break]

She sighs, and puts the thing back in her jacket pocket. [break][break]

There's one other League soldier on the beach with her. She turns to him, watching with curiosity alongside her Arbok. For Tsubaki, it's idle curiosity concerning the only other signs of life in eyesight. For Sumire, however, it's an attempt to read hostile intentions. She's overly protective of her owner, of course. A few wiffs with her tongue and she watches for movement, ready to react at a moment's notice.[break][break]

"Well? Suppose we're carrier Pidove now. At least til the signal's back up, we're delivering messages the old fashioned way."[break][break]

Tsubaki runs her fingers through her hair and surveys the beach for any threats of Rockets. [break][break]

They're out in the open, just waiting to be ambushed.[break][break]

+ [break]
+ 60 MP, 1 post (10), participation (50)

[attr="class","star3tsu"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ROivM8T.jpg), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.75); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ROivM8T.jpg), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.75); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,089 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 7:35:04 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
TO: (josh.devlin@hoennleague.gov)
CC: (hyakkaryoran.tsubaki@hoenn.net)
MISSION: "Depot"
PROTOCOL: Recon
DANGER: ★★★★☆

A jamming signal has been traced to a makeshift Rocket military depot on the northwest side of the island. Disrupting their operations should restore communications with undercover agents. We believe that a stolen blueprint for a League top-secret operation is being kept there. Retrieve it at all costs. There is also a convoy parked at a cave entrance on the far side of the depot. You will need to be on that convoy when it leaves.

Your objectives are as follows:

A) Disrupt all jamming devices
B) Obtain safe key
C) Recover stolen blueprints
D) Board Maxine's convoy

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

Even radio comms were useless in the jamming zone near the depot to the north, not far from their current position on the beach. A warehouse masked the Gym Leader's position, even with him being seated on his quite-large Salazzle, Fire Eyes. It was the stealthiest Pokémon he had. With many of his main Pokémon on the mend from being gunned down with Bullet Seed and other Pokémon attack-based firearms, there weren't many Pokémon he had with the combat experience needed to infiltrate what Josh could only expect were heavily guarded buildings.

"I'm sorry, I have no idea how to pronounce your name," Josh admitted, going over a locally-saved copy of the briefing documents. "Gym Leader and Elite Ranger Josh Devlin. Admittedly, this isn't where my strong points lie. All this stealth stuff irks me." Josh could feel the breathing accompanying Fire Eyes' chuckle. "Because we don't have comms, we can't stray far from one another. Also, if I find the blueprints before you, I'm going to give them to you. You need to take them to the League's base. I'm the only one that's supposed to be boarding that convoy."

{WC: 317}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Fire Eyes     Salazzle       Good
Mystic        Ninetales      Good
Rime          A!Ninetales    Good
Blitz         Luxray**       Good
Luna          Liepard        Good
Winky         Greninja       Good
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 20:54:34 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]"It's really quite easy. Hiyah - kah - ryou - ran. Think of it like you're doling out some punches."[break][break]

She mimes a few to demonstrate, before she takes the file he's given her. [break][break]

She leafs through it for a second and frowns.[break][break]

"But you can call me whatever you want. Better we don't use real names. It's a covert op, right? So call me... Camellia."[break][break]

She drops the folder onto the sand and pulls out a small perfume bottle, unscrewing the lid and letting a few drops of concentrated Arbok venom fall onto the page. It turns black in no time, burnt before anyone else can get a hold of it.[break][break]

With that, she turns north towards the depot, assuming her partner knows the drill.[break][break]

"Can you smell it, girl? Fresh meat."[break][break]

She coaxes her Arbok, scratching beneath the enormous snake's chin. Despite her bulk, Sumire drapes herself off of Tsubaki's shoulders like an accessory, more a fashion statement than anything else. The girl doesn't seem to mind, used to her weight. [break][break]

+ [break]
+ 70 MP, 2 posts (20), participation (50)

[newclass=.petalbasetsu]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ROivM8T.jpg), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.75); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ROivM8T.jpg), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.75); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,089 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 6:04:14 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh smiled, mimicking the pantomime as he pronounced the name. He laughed at the end of it all. "Camellia it is. It's easier, too. Unfortunately, I don't think a code name will help with me," he admitted, his smile turning upside down. "It comes with being a celebrity."

Seeing how far apart the buildings were, Josh thought about the female's assessment and gave his thoughts, the Salazzle shooting her a confident look. "Doesn't have to be as covert as you think. With how big this place is, their guard is probably spread thin and concentrated around important stuff. With a stealthy ride Pokémon like Fire Eyes here, we should be able to slip around mostly undetected. Especially if your Arbok is good from range with its Poison Sting."

The Gym Leader kept his Salazzle to Baki's pace, the lizard burning a hole through a small warehouse's side with her corrosive venom. The piece of metal hit the side of a stack of steel crates, Josh immediately springing into action upon hearing the noise. He swiftly advanced around the corner, his Salazzle spitting a large glob of flesh-eating VENOSHOCK in the direction of several grunts picking up EGG BOMB launchers and other illegal weapons.

Rocket meant business if they were keeping this kind of artillery here.

{WC: 216}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2023 23:39:59 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]Tsubaki smirks, caught up in the theatrics of it all. [break][break]

"Oh, I've got something more than a Poison Sting. Don't you worry."[break][break]

She strokes her Arbok's chin, moving across the beach at a slow but steady pace. It's a slow process, Sumire's weight as heavy as her and half again, but she's got the endurance to spare that trek. As they finally reach the warehouse, all that effort pays off.[break][break]

Rounding the corner, her Arbok hisses at the grunt she smelled half a kilometer away on the beach, spitting a large ball of sizzling venom straight at them. It burns through flimsy clothes, burns flesh. Even corrodes metal. Though, the pain is the entire point, not causing serious damage so much as crippling the first grunt by making him collapse onto the ground, leaving his weapon to clatter onto the floor.[break][break]

Even his breath is stolen by the pain, unable to call for help from his fellow Rockets.[break][break]

"Good girl," Tsubaki praises Sumire, kicking at the sizzling launcher curiously and watching her snake leap off her shoulders to pursue more grunts in the dark.[break][break]

Sumire's fast as a bullet, moving in the dark of the warehouse as if it's her natural territory, searching them out by scent. It's only a matter of time til they're all on the floor...[break][break]

Tsubaki begins to wrap a rope around the struggling grunt on the ground. An antidote would come only after he was safely contained, but for now, she avoids an involuntary kick aimed her way as she finishes her knot, looking up at Josh expectantly for help.[break][break]

+ [break]
+ 80 MP, 3 posts (30), participation (50)

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,089 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 22:54:56 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was a gruesome sight, Arbok and Salazzle venom prompting even the crack-shot criminals to limp out the exit the poison-type had broken open. On their way out, one clicked the trigger on his EGG BOMB launcher, but the explosive went way off target, striking the warehouse's ceiling. The glass of its lightbulbs shattered, sharp debris falling all around Josh and Tsubaki.

"Your Arbok's got some real speed behind them," Josh complimented as he gave Tsubaki a hand as requested. "If only she were big enough for you to ride on, she could give me a real run for my money at my Gym," he idly remarked. Once she was finished with his assistance, the young man began searching the trashed room. The number of illegal arms in the room was staggering. Whatever operation Rocket had going on here was big and serious.

Toward the end of a thorough search, Josh's eyes caught a different kind of glint from the scattered glass on the floor. Reaching toward it, it was a key half the standard length of commercial keys. "I think this is our safe key," he reported to the teen. "I can't imagine the safe this goes to being anywhere close, though," he continued, Fire Eyes stretching to lift the warehouse's main door open. "And keep an eye out for those jamming devices, too."

OBJECTIVE B: COMPLETED

{WC: 219}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 6:17:22 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]The girl almost bursts out laughing at the idea. [break][break]

It isn't that her snake isn't large enough to ride. She's on the large end for her species, far bigger than the girl she drapes herself off of. The girl's quite strong for being able to stay upright with the snake wrapped around her, though she may not look the part. Instead, it's the respect between equals they share. The idea that she would debase her most prized treasure by planting herself atop her is something that just hasn't crossed her mind.[break][break]

And yet, she lets it go.[break][break]

"Looks like we did it. Good work, Mr. Celeb! Sumi! Check the room and the outside, make sure they're not hanging around! Scare 'em if you gotta!"[break][break]

Her Arbok offers a hiss to let her know she's got the message, scanning the walls with her night vision and slithering out the open doors. [break][break]

Tsubaki turns to the tied up Rocket on the ground. His wounds are still sizzling, and the man writhes in pain, jolting against the ropes slung around him. She stares at him for a moment, letting it sink further in before she leans down and grabs the man by his hair, staring him in his bloodshot eyes. [break][break]

"I don't have much time and neither do you. So let's just get straight to the point: tell me what I wanna know, and I'll give you this."[break][break]

Tsubaki yanks the chain around her neck and a large pendant slips from under her shirt, amber liquid splashing freely inside.[break][break]

"An antidote that'll save your life."[break][break]

She smiles sweetly. There's an innocence in that smile, almost like she's the kind, carefree girl she presents herself as on the surface. And yet her eyes remain emotionless, transfixed on the man's expression of agony.[break][break]

"Got it? Good. First thing's first... my colleague's question. Where's the safe that key's for, huh?"[break][break]

+ [break]
+ 90 MP, 4 posts (40), participation (50)

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,089 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 6:00:07 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Tsubaki was firm with the Rocket but still merciful, the antidote too much for even the battle-hardened criminal to refuse. "It's-s-s inside the hel-el-el-elipad station. It's the only building with a s-s-s-second floor!" he spouted as his life flashed before his eyes. Not wanting to waste a moment, Josh headed back to the warehouse's main entrance, ready to fling the door upward when he heard footsteps on the other side. Lots of them.

There was no getting around it; he had to bring out the big guns. Withdrawing Fire Eyes, Josh popped open the Poké Ball containing his Luxray and mounted up. Pressing the button that opened the main entrance, the large, metal door retracted upward. Both seemed ready for the other, the Master of Faster holding his Z-GLOVE next to the QUICKINIUM-Z embedded in the Shiny cat's saddle. Holding his Z-Pose until the door had withdrawn high enough into its slot, Josh slammed his heels into his Luxray's side with full force in the Z-MOVE: HYPERSONIC PLASMA CHARGE.

The supersonic electric tackle knocked the Rockets over like bowling pins, a MAGNET BOMB launcher knocked out of the group leader's hands and detonating in the sky. All but one of that strike team wouldn't be standing anytime soon, electrical burns ravaging their bodies as Josh zipped past them at nausea-inducing speed.

There was no running from an AURA SPHERE, though; a hidden Mienshao around the corner from the two-story building hurled one at Josh, the Fighting-type attack detonating right over the Luxray's back and flinging him out of the saddle. Blitz was first to stand, the electric-type grumbling as he defended his trainer from the feline martial artist.

{WC: 278}
{PC: 5}

TOTAL MP: 60

Posts (50)
Z-Move used (10)

Blitz         Luxray**       Poor
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 1:24:58 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]Tsubaki smirks, ripping the necklace free of her neck and tossing it in the man's lap. Tied with his hands behind his back, he won't be able to do anything with it til backup arrives. Hope that's soon.[break][break]

"Good boy. See? There ya go! Oh, and... that poison? Non-lethal, but that antidote'll at least avert the pain!"[break][break]

She smiles and gives a cute wave at her captive, before running after the celeb and her Arbok and leaving him behind while he writhes on the ground trying to free himself.[break][break]

"Hey! Wait, you can't just--! Agh! Arceus, i-it hurts!"[break][break]

The man's words fall on deaf ears, Tsubaki whipping around to watch Josh show exactly why he's one of the best in Hoenn. Devastating speed blitzes through a crowd of people, hardly anyone left standing. She only blinked, and lost sight of him in the flurry til it was over. [break][break]

"Damn, Devlin, you're gonna burn yourself up at that speed..."[break][break]

Tsubaki mutters under her breath, marveling at the efficacy of his Z-move.[break][break]

She turns and takes a sharp step back as the Aura Sphere connects and knocks Josh off his pokemon. She grits her teeth, and her Arbok unfurls her belly with a hiss, freezing the pokemon's feet in place with a wicked glare. [break][break]

"Hey now, don't get cocky! Get up! You can't let 'em do you dirty like that!"[break][break]

Tsubaki searches for the pokemon's master while her Arbok sets to take down its prey before it can harm the Gym Leader, opening its jaws wide. [break][break]

+ [break]
+ 110 MP, 5 posts (50), participation (50), assist (20)

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,089 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 2:35:44 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The ambush predator came to Blitz's rescue, leaving the Mienshao stunned long enough for the Luxray to stand and rake across its foe's back with his hidden claws. An electric DISCHARGE surged through them, frying the foe and leaving it bewildered. "Thanks for the save," Josh huffed, withdrawing his Luxray and sending Fire Eyes out once more. Climbing atop the venomous lizard, she rapidly crawled toward the two-story building at her trainer's tactile command.

Luckily for them, the small safe the size of a human head was completely unguarded. Sliding off his Pokémon before climbing the stairs, he beat feet to the second floor, where he would find the metal-plated, concrete-reinforced safe in a corner. There was no eating through this with Fire Eyes' corrosion. Inserting the key into the keyhole and turning it, the door clicked open, revealing the top secret blueprints the League had asked them to find.

OBJECTIVE C: COMPLETED

"Thanks for all the help, Camellia," Josh nodded. "This is where we go our separate ways. I've got a convoy to catch. You make sure this safely gets back to HQ. Farewell, and I hope we meet again." With that, the brave Gym Leader headed back downstairs, hopped on his Salazzle, and zoomed toward the back of the warehouse-like building. The sound of human screams and acidic sizzling echoed from his direction as he disappeared from sight.

OBJECTIVE D: COMPLETED

{WC: 278}
{PC: 6}

TOTAL MP: 420

Posts (60)
Z-Move used (10)
Participation (50)
Completion (100)
Success (200)

Blitz         Luxray**       Poor
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 5:38:07 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]The Arbok's assist assures a win, her terrifying glare enough to paralyze even a seasoned warrior. The combination of Josh's speed and her intimidating presence secures the battlefield.[break][break]

"You too, Mr. Hotshot, 'preciate the help. See ya 'round!"[break][break]

She stuffs the blueprints into her jacket pocket, turning to her Arbok for a moment to ensure her violet scales are pristine as ever. The snake flicks her tongue in response, smelling her to ensure she hasn't become overly stressed by the battle.[break][break]

Before the speedster leaves, Tsubaki stands back up and calls out.[break][break]

"Oh, and hey! If you see Navy on the battlefield, give him a holler for me! I know you two are close!"[break][break]

A smile, as she pets her snake. The mission left is simple enough.[break][break]

+ [break]
+ 440 MP, 6 posts (60), participation (50), assist (20), ko (10), secret (100), win (200)

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 0:31:20 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: