Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
SEA | Howard and Ollie [RT]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 7:48:45 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Frankly, he was sick of boat hopping. It wasn't good for his health, or for the people Howard boarded.

But really, what was he supposed to do? The League had stopped him on his first ship, then he had gotten to hitch a ride with Atlas the Friendly Golurk! Oh, but the League must've realized that Team Rocket's ace in the hole rode a shiny Golurk, because their various anti-aircraft measures seemed particularly interested in shooting him out of the sky!

So, for now, air travel was out. He was getting close to the island, though. He had to sync up with the main unit ran by Team Rocket. At least there, he would be relatively well protected, and he could stop having a meltdown over getting attacked. He wasn't taking this battle particularly well.

Why was he even here? He had wimped out of Dewford, he had ignored the call at Littleroot, and every single time something dangerous had happened in this awful region, Howard had hunkered down to hide. Yet, not this time. Why? Was it because Team Rocket actually needed him? He didn't feel particularly brave, right now.

The Nautica ship he had just landed on was a lot larger than the ship he was on originally, and flying League colors. His Aerodactyl had flapped laboriously to reach this ship, but their duty wasn't done. While the deck was empty, he saw people moving around in the bridge. He and Shirley marched towards the door connecting the bridge to the open deck, and slammed it open.

"Good day. I'm taking this ship. Do not resist, or force will be used." Howard told the crew through his mask. A few turned to reach for an alarm, but his Aerodactyl responded with a ferocious Scary Face, and they stopped. Howard visually relaxed.

"Take me to the island, and you can go. If you defect, she bites." Howard gestured towards his beast with a jerk of the chin. "Who else is on this ship?" Howard said, unaware of what was to come.

Notes:
Masked Howard
Aerodactyl using Scary Face
Currently hopping ships to reach the island
+10 (post)

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 8:17:53 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[attr="class","squarecard ollie1"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
the NAUTICA ships were really nice. ollie made a note that he'd have to tell about it later, commending him for his efforts with the league.

[break][break] in the meantime, everything seemed to be going smoothly. they still had to send more recruits over to the frontlines, not to mention they'd have to send in supplies too. the head ranger could be seen on the open deck of the ship, directing the other rangers in quiet murmurs, as they refurnished their supplies. it was all incredibly chaotic — so much so that it wasn't surprised that someone could slip in while he wasn't looking.

[break][break] he turns, spotting the unfamiliar figure in the distance. a new ranger?

[break][break] "hey - "

[break][break] oh. not a new ranger.

[break][break] his hands flew up. "hey, hey, hey." he flashed them a sheepish smile. "no need to fall that. can't we just... talk it out?" the pikachu on his shoulder bared his teeth, electricity crackling around his cheeks.

[break][break] "we're... all friends here."

[break][break] 'sort of?'

[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]
SEA (3/3) [break]

[newclass=".ollie1"] --accent:#D5A63D!important; --url:url(https://i.ibb.co/0sVK4zC/image.png)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".squarecard"]--accent:#7d91af; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".squarecard blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font:11px/14px 'Roboto'; [/newclass]

[newclass=".squarecard .icon"]background-image:var(--url); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:10px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".squarecard blockquote b, .squarecard blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .squarecard blockquote b { font-size:14px!important; font-weight:bold; } .squarecard blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".squarecard .top"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 60px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 8px 8px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".squarecard .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 310px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 35px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 8px 8px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".squarecard .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2023 7:09:09 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Who else is on the ship?" Howard repeated, his helmet turning his voice into a buzz. He held an additional ball in his hand like it was a grenade. Honestly, it was. A Golurk appearing in the cabin could likely sink this ship before you could say 'presto'.

"Hey, hey." Howard's eye flicked to the Pikachu. "None of that. I don't want to hurt anyone on this ship. Grant me passage to the island, and you can all go."

How did this whole song and dance go? Howard was a relatively gentle soul. He had no desire to actually hurt anyone, but there was a protocol in the Team Rocket handbook about this sort of thing. How did the chapter go? Wasn't it something like 'So you've captured a ship! What's next?' Frankly, Howard had only skimmed it.

"If you have any Pokemon, put them in their balls, kick them away into a box." A box? Shouldn't he, like, steal them, or something? The extra weight would've slowed him down, so that probably wasn't wise. He couldn't let anyone stab him in the back, though.

Speaking of, didn't this fellow look familiar? Was he a magazine model, or something?

"That includes the Pikachu. Don't make this difficult, I just want passage." The Aerodactyl growled in agreement.

+20 (posts)

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 5:31:48 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"it's just me."

[break][break] he flashes a grin.

[break][break] "well, now that you're here, me and you."

[break][break] ollie steps forward, as if nothing amiss is going on, and offers a hand out. "my name's ollie. what's yours?"

[break][break] the guy makes a lot of demands, and it seems like something he should be afraid of. something shivers down his spine, a reminder. 'but you gotta.'

[break][break] "who said i wasn't going to give you passage?"

[break]

[break][break]

SEA (3/3) [break]

[newclass=".ollie1"] --accent:#D5A63D!important; --url:url(https://i.ibb.co/0sVK4zC/image.png)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".squarecard"]--accent:#7d91af; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".squarecard blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font:11px/14px 'Roboto'; [/newclass]

[newclass=".squarecard .icon"]background-image:var(--url); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:10px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".squarecard blockquote b, .squarecard blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .squarecard blockquote b { font-size:14px!important; font-weight:bold; } .squarecard blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".squarecard .top"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 60px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 8px 8px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".squarecard .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 310px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 35px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 8px 8px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 8:32:34 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"What is this?" Howard asked in genuine bafflement as he looked at Ollie's hand. Was there one of those joy buzzers hidden up this guy's sleeve? Was he going to bust out some ranger-jutsu and break Howard's neck with a handshake?

"Honesty is a good thing." Howard said, looking at the man's open palm. It had worked well for him, before. Maybe it'd keep working until Howard made it to the island. He looked back at Ollie's smiling face. "So I will be frank with you: I'm not looking for a fight, and I'm a grunt. Your shoes?" Howard pointed towards Ollie's kicks. "That's my salary, right there. I'm not even worth the tax money it'd take to clap me in cuffs."

Oh, how Team Rocket had fallen on hard times.

"I'm not gonna shake your hand since you can probably break every bone in my hand if we shake. You can call me ." Howard spread his hands. "Will you seriously give me passage? Actually? This isn't a trick?"

The more Howard spoke, the more pathetic he sounded. The archaeologist wanted to apologize to Ollie for wasting his time, before throwing himself into the ocean and drowning himself.

+30 (posts)

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 21:54:22 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"a handshake," ollie said, chuckling. "what, don't tell me you haven't seen one before?"

[break][break] while was busy staring at his open palm, ollie took advantage of the hesitation and reached forward to attempt to grasp it in a firm handshake. he pulled away after a moment, brow raised.

[break][break] "my shoes?" he laughed. "i think you're over-selling me. i've had these sneakers for years."

[break][break] ?

[break][break] "got it! nice to meet you, shred."

[break][break] ollie smiled blithely.

[break][break] "do i look like the kind of person that'd trick you? come on now."

[break][break] he patted his pikachu for emphasis, who had stopped crackling with electricity.

[break][break] "why do you want passage so bad, anyway? don't you.. guys have your own boats?"

[break]

[break][break]

SEA (3/3) [break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 18:42:02 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Hm." Howard Shred took a knee to inspect Ollie's shoes. They were clearly well loved. He nodded to himself. Even from behind the emotionless helmet, it was clear that this member of Team Rocket was impressed. He stood up. "Nah, I'm not underselling."

This man was progressively getting more and more pathetic the longer this went on. Drowning in the ocean continued to grow in appeal.

The handshake was over quickly, thank Arceus. Shred expected him to have a joy buzzer or grenade or something else in his hand. Something that would've ruined his existence right on the spot. Maybe the handshake included a tracker? Shred inspected his hand afterward.

"League has more resources. More people. Better ships. We don't have Nautica, just whatever we can scrounge up. Plus the tactics make it difficult. There's no clear sea route to the island from Sootopolis. I presume you all departed from Dewford?"

For a grunt, he had a surprisingly solid view on tactics. Studying old military tactics as an elective when he was an undergrad had paid off. His professor would be so proud of him using that knowledge to commit war crimes, even if he himself didn't approve of Team Rocket's hardhanded nature.

+50 (mission start)
+40 (posts)

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 6:25:59 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Ollie nodded along to what the other man was saying. Better resources. Better ships. Better...

[break][break] "Better shoes?" Ollie guessed, with a chuckle. "Maybe you should ask your bosses to get you better kicks."

[break][break] makes solid points, ones that Ollie can't exactly refute. Except for one.

[break][break] "Wait. Don't you guy have a submarine?"

[break]

[break][break]

SEA (3/3) [break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 7:00:42 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"We do." Ollie clearly struck a nerve as Shred deflated, as if hit by a baseball bat. The man quickly rebounded though, and shrugged. "But if you locked me in a room with my colleagues, I might crack a window in that sub to get away from them."

It was almost impressive how obnoxious a lot of the rank and file grunts were. Howard had been on the submarine to plan the initial assault alongside Tempest Quinn, before retreating to Rustboro to grab some stuff. It wasn't like he could tell Ollie that he had to swing by his apartment, though.

"Listen, Ollie. I'll give you a word of advice: offer nice shoes to people who sign up and you might be able to stop Team Rocket overnight. Rocket recruitment will drop down to zero." Howard splayed his hands, miming an explosion.

+50 (mission start)
+50 (posts)

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 20:01:05 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"That bad, huh?"

[break][break] Ollie gave a sympathetic smile. He could relate; he didn't think he would enjoy bunking with any more than this guy apparently liked his colleagues. Though, he thought he might be able to room with just fine.

[break][break] Part of him figured that the councilman would be silent for most of the sleepover, which left Ollie to fill in the empty space. Which suited him just fine. He was used to it.

[break][break] "Well, what kind of shoes do people like? Mine? Or like - " He kicked up one of his feet, as if to show, but the second that mimicked an 'explosion' with his hands, a literal EXPLOSION sounded somewhere on the ship, rocking the boat.

[break][break] Ollie acted immediately. He leaped, aiming to grapple the other into a secure grip as he wrapped his strong arms around him to protect him.

[break][break] "Woah! What was that!"

[break]

[break][break]

SEA (3/3) [break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 7:03:40 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"That bad." Shred crossed his arms thoughtfully, before cocking his head. "I assume you have terrible colleagues, too? Sorry for your loss."

Rooming with Matias Silph was almost bearable until Groudon crushed bed. If Shred had to share a room with the actual , he would've likely cracked open a window in the submarine to drown them both. In his years with Team Rocket, Howard had never been to his room on the submarine, out of fear of his roommate.

"You should sell the new brand of Running Sh—"

BOOM!

The ship shuddered and Howard stumbled, only to be grappled into submission by Ollie as the ship continued to shake. Shirley hissed with rage and took a few steps forward, dangerously close to attacking. She eyed Ollie's Pikachu with the glint of a predator.

"It wasn't me! I swear!" Shred squeaked, his helmet's voice buzzer incapable of masking his fear. "Could be my coworkers, could be a Tentacruel, but it's not me!"

+50 (mission start)
+60 (posts)

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 17:43:34 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
BOOM!

[break][break] The explosion sounds — and "Shred" squeaks in denial. He didn't do it, he says, and Ollie believes him. Because there's no way that did it, or that even did it, or anyone in Rocket.

[break][break] Because he did it.

[break][break] It was the classic bait-and-switch. Get their defenses down, then attack. Or at least feign one.

[break][break] "Are you sure?" Ollie said, not releasing his secure grip onto the other. His brow furrows. "How can I trust you?"

[break][break] Somewhere else on the ship, his Heracross and Togekiss herd the rest of the League agents onto a nearby lifeboat, to clear their supplies and then prepare a quick getaway.

[break]

[break][break]

SEA (3/3) [break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 20:41:02 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Ooooh, this fucker.

Shred never felt stupider in his entire life than he ever had before. That included joining Team Rocket, spending money on funeral urns, and getting a degree in paleontology. This trumped all of those. He had trusted Ollie, an enemy, and had fallen into his trap. Ollie could've just put a piece of cheese under a cardboard box with a stick and string, and Howard would've just lunged for it like an idiot.

Hell, he should've just got Ollie in a therapist chair and told the Head Ranger about his life story, complete with address, billing address, credit card number, and his REAL NAME SINCE HE WAS IN TEAM ROCKET.

"No... choice?" Shred said as Ollie grew closer and closer to throttling him. "If I planted anything, you'll need me to show you where they are, and if I didn't, I'm completely innocent? I spilled my life story to you, man. I complained about shoes."

Shred struggled against Ollie for a little bit, even though the Head Ranger was clearly stronger than him. On closer inspection, Howard hated Ollie's kicks. They were looking less and less attractive as Howard's panic rose.

"If you don't let me go, my girl will freak out! Seriously! No joke!" Howard gestured weakly towards Shirley, who was staring at Ollie's Pikachu with Scary Face.

Aerodactyl using SCARY FACE.
+50 (mission start)
+70 (posts)

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 1:44:27 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Ollie felt a little bad. This guy seemed nice.

[break][break] He liked this "Shred", and he hadn't wanted to do this. Ollie knew that not all Rockets were bad, and this was just evidence of that.

[break][break] As Shred had said, he'd complained about shoes.

[break][break] But he just needed to spare a few more minutes...

[break][break] The SCARY FACE froze him in his shoes, but it triggered Tofu into motion. The pikachu bristled defensively on his shoulder before turning wide, adorable and kawaii eyes to before billowing out a SWEET KISS.

[break]

[break][break]

SEA (3/3) [break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 5:25:51 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Curse those wide, adorable kawaii eyes!

Howard's heart immediately began to melt as Ollie's Pikachu turned towards him. He wanted to reach out and cuddle its head, but he knew in his heart that if he did, it would zap him. Only a total idiot would reach out and pet it, knowing that. Shirley looked at Howard with a feral expression, shaking her head ferociously. She already knew what her trainer was about to do.

"Just one pet...!" Howard said dreamily, reaching out with a gloved hand to pet Ollie's Pikachu. Zap! Howard's hand retracted as he was shocked.

That was the final straw.

"GRRRRRRRROW!" The Aerodactyl lunged forwards towards Ollie and Howard.

+60 (mission start)
+80 (posts)