Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Supply | Barnaby and Howard [RT]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 21:03:50 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Delivery duty was terrible. You were encumbered by valuable packages, considered important targets by those above you, and often incapable of defending yourself without ruining said packages. Supply lines had made up the backbone of armies for eons eternal, and even back when people were hammering on one another with spiked clubs, those people knew that if you whacked the right people, you could stop their side from whacking you back.

The island was a mess, collapsing in on itself and exploding at every opportunity. On Howard's back was a large box of balls, potions, and other supplies that were needed for those at the front. Then, he needed to get back to the science team, and work on breaking this island's secrets apart like an egg. Assuming he didn't die first, which was seeming unlikely as a mist enveloped the field, and a Scream Tail emerged.

At least Howard had a coworker to die alongside. . A pretty nice fellow, all things considered. He could speak in full sentences, so he was pretty smart, too. He made for a better companion than Scream Tails.

"We're gonna die. We're gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeee!" Howard moaned, before throwing out his Aerodactyl, Shirley. With a ferocious roar, she lunged towards the Scream Tail with an Iron Head.

"How much further until we reach the front?" Howard asked as Shirley mauled at the Scream Tail.

+10 (post)
+10 (Include a paradox Pokémon manifesting)

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 1:14:19 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

"We're not going to die!" Barnaby assured in a curt tone, even as Howard moaned loudly to himself nearby.[break][break]

Of course, that was a lie. Or, at least, not a guarantee. There was no predicting how the tides of battle would turn. Especially when Paradox Pokémon were involved.[break][break]

"Just keep your wits about you. This mist will play tricks on the mind."[break][break]

Luckily, the creatures born from it were very much flesh and blood. Barnaby's HOUNDOOM — who he immediately Mega Evolved upon calling to the field — was easily able to sink its teeth into the SCREAM TAIL while it was preoccupied with 's AERODACTYL.[break][break]

The two quickly dispatched the Paradox Pokémon, leaving it dead in the dirt.[break][break]

"Let's keep up the pace. We've got a long way to go."

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]
[break]
MEGA HOUNDOOM [1/3]
[break]

TOTAL: 190 MP[break]
+ 100 MP for supply mission[break]
+ 50 MP for participation in an RT battle/mission[break]
+ 10 MP for interdream mist/paradox pokemon[break]
+ 10 MP use mega evolution in your thread[break]
+ 10 MP assisting another character/pokemon[break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in an RT battle/mission

[attr="class","barnaby-pkmn"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn] margin-top: -35px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 180px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2023 21:20:56 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Tell me about it." Howard muttered as they pushed onward. This entire excursion could be summarized by the term 'long way to go'. Howard had fought Suicunes and councilwomen and Gym Leaders and Snorlaxes to reach this point. Frankly, the term 'long way to go' needed to be discontinued, and replaced with 'long way to go... until the next thing jumps out and attacks Howard Slayte'.

Sigh.

Nonetheless, Houndoom and Shirley danced amongst the Paradox Pokémon and cleared them away like melting snow. More took their place, naturally, but they could be dispatched. Tapping his belt, Howard's ball released a Phione into his arms. The ocean sprite glowed for a moment as it released an Aqua Ring to lessen the load on Bellona and Shirley.

Returning the Phione, Howard pulled out a map. "We're due north. We gotta turn slightly." Howard said as he folded the map back up.

+50 (mission start)
+20 (posts)
+10 (paradox/mist)
+25 (legendary Pokemon)
+10 (assist)

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 23:13:37 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

As they pushed forward, Howard's AERODACTYL kept watch over them from above, while Barnaby's MEGA EVOLVED HOUNDOOM led the way on the ground, using its massive body to cleave through the mist. Where directed, the beastly canine went, acting as a shield against any potential enemies.[break][break]

"You've created a map already?" Barnaby commented with a curious lilt, glancing over 's shoulder as he consulted with the tattered swath of paper. [break][break]

"Impressive." They'd barely been on the island a full day. Perhaps his companion was more of an asset than he first appeared.[break][break]

"How much of the island have we covered so far?" We being ROCKET, of course.

[break]
MEGA HOUNDOOM [2/3]
[break]

TOTAL: 200 MP[break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in an RT battle/mission[break]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn] margin-top: -35px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 180px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 3:35:09 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Yep. He had created a map. One of Howard Slayte's many vaguely useful talents, alongside being good at Whack-a-Mole and embezzlement.

"You honor me. Cartography is an important skill when communications are reduced to the rudimentary. It should be quite accurate." Using some estimates and the wealth of information Team Rocket had given him for breaching the island's inner grotto, Howard had originally sketched the map on a napkin, before improving it upon landing.

"We have a long way to go. We have taken every major landing point to the north of the island. We're struggling to maintain control of the center island. I think I know how to breach it, but..." An explosion on the island caused the archaeologist to stumble, though he quickly regained his footing.

The south of the island went unspoken. That was where the League had landed. Routing them at this point would be difficult, and Team Rocket hardly had the numbers to do so.

A Roaring Moon flew through the sky, and Howard hissed in anger. Tapping his eyepatch, his Aerodactyl Mega Evolved and began a fierce clash in the skies above Barnaby and Howard.

"We must hurry. What is your opinion on our martial situation? I'm not typically on the front."

+30 (posts)
+10 (megas)
+10 (paradox/mist)
+25 (legendary Pokemon)
+10 (assist)

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 1:24:49 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

It was about what Barnaby expected. They'd progressed enough to converge on the mountain — that was where the final stand would likely be.[break][break]

Of course, it all depended on what they found down there, deep in its depths, where Interdream Mist seeped out in thick swaths of curling, smoky smog.[break][break]

"What are you thoughts? Last I heard we were struggling at an odd mechanism of some sort." The nearby blast nearly shook the admin to the ground as well, if not for his HOUNDOOM's assisting shoulder to lean on.[break][break]

"We're holding," Barnaby replied, pressing forward even as the aerial battle commenced above them. "For now."[break][break]

But they were outnumbered. Guerilla tactics and cutthroat strategies would only get them so far.[break][break]

"Our priority needs to be breaching the mountain. The natural bottleneck there should give us an advantage."

[break]
MEGA HOUNDOOM [3/3]
[break]

TOTAL: 220 MP[break]
+ 10 MP for incorporating obstacles[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 7:19:25 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Hmmm, yes. Then we should hurry. I have a theory on how we'll crack it." Howard nodded to Barnaby, agreeing with the man's analysis. They were holding, but the League had more people, more ships, and more assets. It wasn't about whether or not Team Rocket could beat them, but instead on whether or not Team Rocket could fulfill its objective before retreating.

"Many ancient civilizations in this region rely on natural defenses mixed with simple mechanisms. The mountain and the island itself are the barrier. I'm far more interested in why the island is appearing now."

Shirley flew through the air, fighting with other Paradox Pokemon as the two weaved through the battlefield. A slew of Iron Hands appeared before them, and let out a jolt of lightning that arched towards Shirley. The Mega Aerodactyl dodged the attacks for several seconds, before being struck by a bolt of lightning. Howard hissed in rage, before the Iron Hands disappeared under an avalanche of Stone Edge.

"If we stay in that mountain for too long, we will be cut off and put under siege. I lack a Pokemon with the ability to teleport, and I'd rather not be reduced to gnawing on hard tack. It tastes terrible."

The archaeologist spoke in a musing tone, as if he actually packed hard tack.

+50 (mission start)
+40 (posts)
+10 (megas)
+10 (paradox/mist)
+25 (legendary Pokemon)
+10 (assist)

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 1:19:49 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Howard was right, their objective was never to defeat the LEAGUE. Not here, not now. To do that, they'd need more — knowledge, power, numbers. Perhaps what was hidden beneath them could offer such a boon.[break][break]

As for why the island was appearing now, of all times? [break][break]

Hoenn was the Origin Point — inexplicable events had been occurring here for several years now, tied to various entities but inevitably for the same reason. Perhaps was becoming jaded to it all, but the why had begun to matter less than the how.[break][break]

"You make a good point." The admin admitted before signaling for HOUNDOOM to assist against the IRON HANDS. She lunged forward and unleashed a broiling, insufferable INFERNO upon the legion of Paradox Pokémon.[break][break]

"We'll need to be tactful. Withdraw once we have what we need from beneath the mountain. We can't afford to linger long."[break][break]

Once the flames and clouds of debris settled from Shirley's STONE EDGE subsided, Barnaby surged forward to make contact with the personnel within the shallow cavern.[break][break]

[break]
MEGA HOUNDOOM [3/3]
[break]

TOTAL: 240 MP[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 10:09:05 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Correct-a-moondo! Finally, someone on this team with some common sense." Howard clapped Barnaby on the back as they entered the shallow cavern. This one was little more than a staging point for Team Rocket operations on the island. A few tables had been set up with makeshift computers and monitors, among other things. Such assets would quickly be repacked and transported once this position lacked strategic value.

As they entered the cave, Howard swapped out his Aerodactyl for a Stakataka. The stack of bricks surged into action, blocking off the entrance to the cave with its body. Bricks locked into place as Howard took a deep breath and sighed.

"Tactics will win us this war. Fight smarter, not harder." Howard agreed as his helmet hissed and latches unlocked. He took it off, revealing the sweaty archaeologist underneath. He held the helmet in the crook of his arm as he approached a table and spread out several maps.

"Thank you for your help. You're strong. Frightfully so. Stronger than me, anyway." Howard looked up from his maps and offered Barnaby a gloved hand. "Howard. Callsign is Mr. Wednesday. A pleasure.

+50 (mission start)
+250 (tie)
+100 (mission complete)
+50 (posts)
+10 (megas)
+10 (paradox/mist)
+25 (legendary Pokemon)
+25 (UB)
+10 (assist)
total: 530

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 21:16:26 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Their momentary haven reached, felt a sudden thud! from behind. He reflexively stiffened, considering they'd just come off a battle, but quickly softened upon realizing what it was. The clap on the back did not go unrequited, as he gave a compatriotic clasp to 's shoulder in turn.[break][break]

"Don't leave out your merits. You did well out there. I'm impressed, to say the least."[break][break]

Just as the other ROCKET had done, Barnaby removed his own mask to reveal a face sticky with sweat and congealed dirt where the edges had pressed against his skin.[break][break]

"Admin Bee." Their hands met with a firm grip, shaking once before releasing.[break][break]

"I look forward to watching your future progress within Rocket, Howard."[break][break]

For better or worse, the archeologist was now a blip on 's radar.

[break]
MEGA HOUNDOOM [3/3]
[break]

TOTAL: 500 MP[break]
+ 250 MP for "tying" an RT battle/mission[break]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,341 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 0:37:46 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: