Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,027 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Shore: Aurelie & Genny [RT]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 17:10:32 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]Not all treasure is silver and gold.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]A pair of Rangers were making their way through the forest, talking quietly to each other. Judging from their hushed but lively conversation, they were heading toward the island's mysterious cave system. Someone had found a way inside—or at least thought they found a way inside—and the Rangers' job was to accompany the scientists planning to measure the strange, powerful energy coming from within the cave.

The two were so absorbed in their speculations that they didn't notice the redhead with an eyepatch following them from a discreet distance. Carefully staying behind nearby trees and boulders, Aurelie watched and listened intently, trying to learn what she could from their talk. She wasn't being especially stealthy, but then, she didn't have to be.

As the Rangers paused beside a stand of willow trees, Aurelie crouched down nearby in a spot concealed by the trees' long, flowing tresses. She pondered her options. Should she keep shadowing the Rangers and hope to overhear more? Should she try to ambush and capture them?

Am I even capable of doing that, even if I take them by surprise? she reflected ruefully. There were still two of them, after all, and she was hardly an experienced or overpowering battler.

Still deep in thought, she pulled a folding knife from her pocket and clicked it open and closed idly, not even realizing what she was doing. The sound it made was quiet, and the spot she was in was hard to notice. But not impossible for someone else who might happen by and see her, eavesdropping on two Rangers with a blade in her hands.

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

- Wearing jeans, sneakers, oversized sunglasses, and a hoodie with the hood pulled up to hide her hair and face (Outfit reference)
- MP Points: 60 (50 from participation + 10 for post)

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
if the path to strength is filled with dismay, i will evolve.
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 3:29:08 GMT
Genevieve Cromwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]
[attr="class","genny1body"]

A pair of Rangers would be talking, speculation on the going-ons, that neither of them bothered to look. Neither would notice the Rocket in their midst, neither would care to think They covered each other's six, but who cared about their six together?[break][break]

"HEY!"[break][break]

The redhead calls out, waving towards the two Rangers, a sunny smile on her face, as she approaches the duo. An Impidimp hanging on her back like a backpack, as she gestures back the way she came. "Was told to get you both to come to camp. Don't worry, I'll scout out here."[break][break]

The two Rangers quietly thank Genny, before making their exit, leaving but one vulnerable girl, who was looking around, peeking around where she could. She doesn't seem to be paying much attention but-[break][break]

Rangers can be quite cunning.

[break][break]

NOTES

- STANDARD ATTIRE[break]
- SHORE - 50 MP for PARTICIPATION, 10 MP for POSTS[break]
- Potentially saving the lives of two Rangers, Genny unknowingly sends them to an encampment nearby, as she stays to scout.[break]
- She seems defenseless at present... just an Impidimp out on her back...

[attr="class","genny1pkmn"]

[attr="class","genny1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1"]--accent:#FF5349;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,027 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 18:26:24 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]When a third Ranger suddenly appeared out of the blue and called the two she was shadowing away to their camp, Aurelie grumbled under her breath in annoyance. She'd still been going back and forth in her head about whether to ambush the two unsuspecting Rangers, though she'd mostly decided against it. Two against one seemed like terrible odds, no matter how she sliced it.

With the appearance of another Ranger and the subsequent departure of the first two, though, what few plans Aurelie had concocted flew out the window. The one girl, with an Impidimp hanging rather endearingly from her back, remained behind to scout the area. She didn't seem like she was about to give up any juicy secrets or information that Aurelie might care about.

Well, I guess I learned a little bit about the League making progress into the caves, Aurelie mused internally, frowning in thought. But I don't think I'm about to get any more here. So, I think the smart thing to do is just...back away slowly...

Rising slightly from her crouch, she began to backtrack quietly and cautiously away from her hiding spot. Every movement was made with careful slowness to avoid disturbing the flowing willow tresses that had concealed her from the Rangers. No need to draw that red-haired Ranger's attention to her, after all.

She was making good progress at staying silent and sneaky, and Aurelie began to hope she'd get away unnoticed. And then she stepped on a twig. The thin wood snapped under her foot with a loud crackle.

Before she could stop herself, Aurelie swore, "Oh, damn it." Then her eye flew open wide and she clapped her hands over her mouth in chagrin and embarrassment. You might have still been okay, if she thought it was just a random animal snapping a branch, she scolded herself angrily. But now? You just gave yourself away! Idiot!

- Wearing jeans, sneakers, oversized sunglasses, and a hoodie with the hood pulled up to hide her hair and face (Outfit reference)
- MP Points: 70 (50 from participation + 20 for posts)

[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 20:52:44 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Huh. Was that a twig snap nearby? Genny's hazel eyes snap over toward the sound of... a voice? Someone was in the bushes, and immediately upon recognizing it, she stops. She pauses. Her lips curve down, sour. A swear after a twig snap meant very few things.[break][break]

"Who's there?"[break][break]

Hazel eyes narrowed further. She couldn't tell much on that. Little Joker the Impidimp hops off her back, and begins looking about, sniffing the air, attempting to suck in any negative energy, or annoyance people feel. Negative emotions. He's grinning ear to ear like a little goblin.[break][break]

"Power up just in case, Joker" she whispers quietly, eyeing the direction the sound came from. The Impidimp cackles like a hyena, before utilizing NASTY PLOT. Genny wasn't taking any chances after Hazel.[break][break]

Sweat trickles down her neck. Who was here?

[break][break]

NOTES

- STANDARD ATTIRE[break]
- SHORE - 50 MP for PARTICIPATION, 20 MP for POSTS[break]
- Oh, she's heard. She's calling for someone to come out.[break]
- Tells Joker the Impidimp to power up with NASTY PLOT, just in preparation.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,027 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 3:05:57 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie froze, her blood running cold, when the red-haired Ranger demanded to know who was there. Clearly, her untimely twig snap and incredibly stupid involuntary swear hadn't gone unnoticed, as she'd been fervently hoping—but hadn't really believed—would happen. For probably the millionth time in her life, she thought to herself furiously, If only I had just kept my mouth shut...

Rapid-fire calculations shot through her mind in the few seconds she estimated she had left before the Ranger got even more suspicious of her. Depressingly, she couldn't see many options available to her. Aurelie was very much alone out here, and while the Ranger seemed to be by herself too, who knew if the two other Rangers might return to back her up?

From what Aurelie could see, she could bluff it out by pretending to be a civilian, run away, or fight the Ranger. In a split second of decision, she thought, Let's go with the route that leaves me with the most options afterward. She quickly rose to her feet behind the tree, clearly making no effort to hide, and raised her hands in the air.

"H-hello," she ventured, her voice quavering with genuine nervousness. "That...that was me you heard just now. I heard voices, and I...I got scared. There's been so much fighting between Rocket and League here, and I...I was afraid I was about to get caught in the middle of something. So, I hid, hoping I could just...tiptoe away."

- MP Points: 80 (50 from participation + 30 for posts)

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 4:59:53 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Someone appeared. Their hood was done in a way to hide their hair and face, and these oversized shades covered her identity. Genny looked her over. It was awful suspicious, but the problem is, Genevieve knows better.[break][break]

Further complicated by the fact that Aurelie picked the better option. Even if it was suspect, Genny would smile. They didn't seem like they would harm them, and though Joker made a tiny goblin growl, Genny shook her head. "It's okay, Joker." Joker calms down, to go eat leaves, irritated it couldn't eat more negative emotion, but Genny takes a moment to hold a hand out. Ever vulnerable.[break][break]

Her story wouldn't have added up initially, and had this been a month earlier when she remembered Galar, she might have attacked Aurelie on the spot.[break][break]

But she wanted to believe in the best in people.[break][break]

"Oh? You wouldn't have been, but I totally get it." She bounces on her boots for a moment, and then holds her hand out.[break][break]

"Senior Ranger Cromwell. You can call me Genny."[break][break]

Well.[break][break]

That was easy...?

[break][break]

NOTES

- STANDARD ATTIRE[break]
- SHORE - 50 MP for PARTICIPATION, 30 MP for POSTS[break]
- Genny SHOULDN'T be so trusting, but she bounces on her boots, throws her hand to shake her own, and introduces herself.[break]
- Joker the Impidimp is off eating some grass. Genny is maybe defenseless.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,027 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 22:40:21 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]At this moment, Aurelie was very grateful she was wearing her oversized sunglasses, not only to conceal her identity in a slightly less obvious way than wearing a mask, but also to hide how her eyes spasmed wide with surprise when the Ranger approached her and introduced herself quite politely. She even held out her hand for a handshake. Though Aurelie managed to keep the rest of her face under control, that involuntary reaction might have tipped off the Ranger somehow.

Inwardly, her thoughts were a whirl of confusion, hopefulness, and caution. Did she really buy that story? Aurelie wondered, looking from the Ranger's face to her outstretched hand. Am I in the clear? Will I actually be able to pull this off?

For a moment, she even briefly entertained the thought of asking to be taken to the "shelter" of the League's nearest outpost. There, she could conceivably carry on her guise as an unlucky civilian and get to overhear even more of the League's plans! But only briefly.

You're not a good enough liar or actor to keep that up for long, she told herself, ruthlessly assessing her own skills. And you don't have any Pokemon that can make you invisible or put a magical disguise on you or something like that.

So, Aurelie simply decided to reach out and shake the other girl's hand. "Nice to meet you, Ranger Cromwell. I'm glad this seems to be a safe place. My name's..."

But before she could even start making up a name, though, the motion of her arm just happened to jostle the front pocket of her hoodie. Unfortunately, that was where Aurelie had stashed her Rocket communicator, which she'd conscientiously muted while shadowing the two Rangers earlier. Even more unfortunately now, the communicator fell right out of her pocket, landed at her feet, and crackled to life as the impact with the ground pressed the ON button.

"...Rocket Survey Squadron One, perform a flyover on Area 5... ...Attack Squadron Two, advance on their position..."

Aurelie froze. She looked down at the Rocket communicator and then back up at the Ranger holding out her hand. Without even realizing it, one hand slid into her pocket to reach for either a Pokeball or knife.

- Reaches out for Genny's hand, but knocks her communicator out of her pocket and it gives her away as Rocket
- MP Points: 90 (50 from participation + 40 for posts)

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 5:19:31 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

It was going so well. Genny was so trusting, so believing in the cause. There's a moment where the redhead grins from ear-to-ear, and with her hand outstretched, and met with Aurelie's own, it seemed that the Rocket would go unaccounted for. Genny would have just never know.[break][break]

And then the communicator, in an act of divine comedy, decided to fall out and turn on in just the right way, at just the wrong time.[break][break]

Genny hears Rocket Survey Squadron One. She hears about Attack Squadron Two, advance... and hazel eyes light up with recognition to what this was. What was really going on. The lie so easily told, so easily believed. Any gentleness, any happiness leaves her face. Flashes of Hazel enter her mind. A scowl burning on her face, cheeks red in embarrassment.[break][break]

"You want to get that? Or should I?"[break][break]

She had done some level of physical training. She jogged every morning. She went to the gym. In her mind, the moment Aurelie moved, one of two things would happen.[break][break]

Either this woman would be put under arrest, or Genny would be wounded, maybe even killed. Seeing a hand slide to the woman's pocket, her eyes narrow.[break][break]

"Go ahead. Flip that coin." The sunshine in her voice was eclipsed, an echo of her older self in Galar came out with a hail of venom and bile. Joker stalked closer and closer, each step the mumblings of the Impidimp and preying upon the negativity that Genny was feeding him so effortlessly. With a wicked grin, it stalks closer, each step that malevolence growing and growing and growing more.[break][break]

Choice was going to need to be made soon. That goblin was baring his fangs, readying to pounce...

[break][break]

NOTES

- STANDARD ATTIRE[break]
- SHORE - 50 MP for PARTICIPATION, 40 MP for POSTS[break]
- That's one helluva handshake... and a reveal that Genny would never forget. She felt so stupid, trusting this person...[break]
- A little bit of GG Genny comes back. And she awaits whatever comes next.[break]
- Joker the Impidimp stalks closer and closer... feeding off the negativity, as Impidimp do.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,027 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 0:31:15 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Of course, it had to happen just that way. Of course, just when it seemed like Aurelie had won the Ranger's trust—or at least forbearance—and was about to get away with her little subterfuge, her own Rocket communicator had to sabotage her. Why couldn't it have been just that easy? Why couldn't things just be simple for once?

These were all thoughts that passed through Aurelie's mind later, looking back on the encounter. At that exact moment, all that filled her mind was a rising tide of panic. That tide crested into a foam-topped wave rolling ominously toward shore as she looked at the Impidimp stalking closer and then at the angry scowl crossing the Ranger's face.

An answering flush of mortification spread across Aurelie's own cheeks. She'd rarely felt more alone in her life. She didn't even have a Pokemon out right now. Nor could she exactly call for Rocket backup, considering, well, her comm unit was on the ground, while the Ranger could easily summon comrades to help her if she needed to.

Aurelie's flush only deepened when the Ranger's eyes immediately spotted her hand creeping toward her pocket and narrowed dangerously. The red-haired smith immediately froze. Something about the hard, pitiless expression on the other woman's face told her that now would not be a good time to resort to her usual go-to move and pull out a knife. Especially with the Impidimp baring its fangs.

Instead, her hand slowly withdrew from her pocket, revealing in her palm...a single berry. With a sharp, swift movement, Aurelie threw it right between the Impidimp's eyes. At the same time, she bent down and scooped up the Rocket comm unit off the ground.

Hoping the Ranger and her Impidimp's attention would be focused on the berry, Aurelie shamelessly spun around on her heel. Tucking the comm unit in her pocket, she sprinted away the way she'd come, pelting headlong through the wilderness. She'd never run so fast in her life, nor so desperately.

But would she be fast enough?

- Gulps in panic, pulls out a berry, throws it as a distraction, and flees
- MP Points: 450 (50 from participation + 50 for posts + 100 for mission completion + 250 for tie)

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 2:15:36 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

It's her mission to keep safe. To protect the people of Hoenn, and to stop Rocket. Rocket had been over the line. They kept crossing it, of their own volition. And in that moment, as her scowl could easily burn a hole of its own, Genny pondered it. The possibility. To have to fight hand-to-hand against a knife. To have to hope she was fast enough to knock it out and away. Or...[break][break]

Heart pounding in her ear... Genevieve was ready to break her arm, when suddenly came the berry. And in a motion, Genny's scowl dissolved into shock, confusion, and if she was honest, hope.[break][break]

Joker takes a berry to the face, slapped in the face and rubbing the tiny spot it slapped, as his own arms went up to shield himself, as Genny lets go of the Rocket here, watching her swipe the communicator and sprint away. Into the wilderness.[break][break]

And Genny watched on. She didn't move. She just stared.[break][break]

"... why?"[break][break]

There's more confusion and irritation. She could have pulled something out. To fight, but instead, she stunned Genny and Joker both.[break][break]

Not all Rockets are like the ones from the beach she fought against ( & ). Not all of them want to kill or hurt. If Genny hadn't come along... would those two Rangers even be alive?[break][break]

What ifs got her nowhere.[break][break]

Letting Joker hop onto her back, the duo made their way back. What else could even be done?

[break][break]

NOTES

- STANDARD ATTIRE[break]
- SHORE - 50 MP for PARTICIPATION, 50 MP for POSTS, 250 MP for TIE, 100 MP for MISSION COMPLETE![break]
- Fearing the worst, Genny is baffled at the berry used to get out and away.[break]
- As Aurelie runs, Genny does not pursue. She it makes her question what would have happened.[break]
- With her gone, Genny returns to HQ. Victorious in her stopping the Rocket, failing in letting her get away.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 7:30:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: