Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
SMOG: AURELIE & NOMI [RT]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 1:47:09 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

The cave was cool and damp, and there were glittering tera crystals embedded in the walls. Nomi cocked her head, listening carefully. If anything tried to sneak up on them, Kallistatus would alert her. For now, she allowed her curiosity to lead her forward, and she beckoned for her companion to follow.[break][break]
"I'm glad to be working together again," Nomi said to , tone sincere. "I've actually been meaning to ask you about something that's been on my mind lately."[break][break]
Ever since her discussion with a few weeks ago, all Nomi could think about - besides her newly acquired Avatarship, of course - was the INFINITY ENERGY infusion she'd read about in the field notebook she'd recovered at the Ancient Tomb, after the...dream of Galar everyone there had somehow simultaneously experienced. She just couldn't shake the feeling that it was possible, that it had been accomplished before. In her journal, there'd been notes about a forge, and after some brainstorming, Nomi had realized exactly who might know a thing or two about a forge.[break][break]
Kallistatus drifted along behind the two women, watching their backs, its shining blue form glittering in the low light - not unlike the tera crystals.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Resurfaced Treasure: Smog[break]
Outfit vibes (face covered + pink hair tied up)
50 MP for participating in an MP Thread[break][break]10 MP for an IC post

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,027 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 23:14:44 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]Not all treasure is silver and gold.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie had been busily shining her flashlight on the tera crystals embedded in the walls to study how they reflected and refracted the light and plinking her fingernail against them to test their hardness and hear the unique tone of the crystal. At the sound of Nomi's voice, though, she quickly turned around. Her face brightened with a look of surprise and pleasure.

"I'm glad to be working with you again too," she replied honestly. She chuckled, suddenly. "Especially since you were so nice and polite during the tera testing you were conducting, even though I was being cranky at the start."

She raised her eyebrow inquisitively at Nomi's assertion about meaning to ask her something. "Oh? Would you like a custom knife or sword made for you? Or do you have another new material that needs testing? I always do love testing...new...materials..."

The red-haired smith's voice trailed off as she looked over Nomi's shoulder, the smile on her lips fading. She pointed behind the Head Scientist, pressing her lips together anxiously. "Is that...is that more of that weird dream mist that seems to be everywhere?" If Nomi looked behind her, or even at Aurelie's sunglasses, she would see a faint tendril of rosy mist slowly but inexorably questing toward them, like an insistent finger.

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

- Wearing jeans, sneakers, oversized sunglasses, and a hoodie with the hood pulled up to hide her hair and face (Outfit reference)
- MP Points: 60 (50 from participation + 10 for post)

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 0:51:32 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi did not necessarily understand why Aurelie felt she needed to thank Nomi for her patience during the Tera Testing...if Aurelie had been cranky, Nomi barely remembered it. The experiment had been successful: that's all that mattered, in the end.[break][break]
"Actually, both. There's a specific material I'd like you to try - " Nomi began, trailing off as Aurelie's attention was drawn to something behind Nomi. Instead of wasting time turning around, Nomi merely switched to looking through Kallistatus's eye, instantly seeing the sickly purple mist creeping towards them from a crack in the far wall.[break][break]
"Ah, yes. That is indeed dream mist," Nomi answered calmly. "We should perhaps attempt to retreat out of this cave, in case it summons an aggressive Paradox Pokemon."[break][break]
Nomi switched back to looking through her own eyes, returning them to their normal crimson color, then grabbed her pack. Unfortunately, her suggestion came too late: as the groping tendrils of dream mist stretched towards the two women, the landscape around them began to shift and change. Instead of the cave, they were now standing in an urban cityscape - one that Nomi recognized as the Galarian city of Motostoke, based on images she'd seen on television and in books.[break][break]
Before them, to Nomi's astonishment, however, was a very familiar forge. The flame burned bright and hot, and there were several shards of black crystal littering the work table - the exact material Nomi had wanted to ask Aurelie about, in fact.[break][break]
"This is the forge described in the research notes I brought home from the Ancient Tomb," Nomi breathed, fascinated. "But my notes are from a different location...the Galarian town of Circhester. This is clearly Motostoke..."[break][break]
Nomi glanced at Aurelie. Dream mist tended to pull from the dreams and memories of all people present. It was how she'd witnessed the death of her parents in Kanto: had been there, and Nomi had wanted to know what happened.[break][break]
"Aurelie, does this place seem familiar to you?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

10 MP for an IC post[break][break]10 MP dream mist reference

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,027 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 22:58:51 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie gasped first at the change in Nomi as she did something mysterious but undoubtedly powerful using her newly acquired Unown, especially impressed by the brief change in eye color. Then she gasped again as the interdream mist swirled toward them as if of its own volition, or as if it was blown by an unseen wind. Before she and Nomi could even gather their equipment, let alone get away, the mist had claimed them.

Their surroundings began to shift in a sudden, surreal way that reminded Aurelie of the RKS simulations, oddly enough. Where they had been inside a cave, suddenly the red-haired smith found herself in...

"Galar?" she stammered, her jaw slowly falling open. Nomi identified it as Motostoke even faster than she had—but it certainly wasn't modern, industrial Motostoke.

Aurelie stared in astonishment at the hauntingly familiar row of age-blackened anvils and tool benches; the worktables piled high with iron ore, bronze, mild steel, and black crystal; the wall lined with coal forges, lit with flickering flames; and most tellingly and poignantly, the bellows powered by simple gear-and-wheel linkages that connected to water wheels and windmills outside the workshop. Other smiths and apprentices moved about the workshop, their figures nebulous and indistinct.

But Aurelie knew who they were, just as she knew exactly where she and Nomi were. It had been a few months since the battle at the Ancient Tomb, but she still saw this place in her dreams to this day—and many of them were happy dreams, of a time remembered fondly and nostalgically.

"This is my workshop, my "manufactory" of sorts in Motostoke that I ran, along with an entire group of smiths that I'd trained and worked with," she breathed, with a wry, self-effacing little smile.

"This was in...um, I'm sure this is going to sound crazy, but...it was in a medieval memory of Galar that I dreamed about, and many other people did too." Then Aurelie glanced curiously at Nomi, her brow furrowing in puzzlement. "But you said you have notes of this forge?

"But...wait, your notes are from Circhester? Were you in that dream too? The dream brought on by the Chien-Pao attacking the Zamazenta's shield during the battle at the Ancient Tomb, and then we met that Calyrex, but he got killed..."

Interrupting her own musing, the red-haired smith shook her head confusedly. "I feel like I would've recognized you, though. And remembered seeing you or at least hearing about you in that dream. But...you know of this place too, somehow? And of the things we worked on here?"

- Aurelie instantly recognizes her workshop in Motostoke
- Very confused that Nomi somehow has research notes about this forge, or someplace like it. Lots of questions
- Wearing jeans, sneakers, oversized sunglasses, and a hoodie with the hood pulled up to hide her hair and face (Outfit reference)
- MP Points: 80 (50 from participation + 20 for posts + 10 for interdream mist)

[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 16:49:48 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

And just like that, the suspicions about the incident at the Ancient Tomb that had been gnawing at Nomi's heart for weeks were voiced into reality, made whole and solid and actualized. had also made the suggestion that there had been some sort of shared dream, that everyone who had taken part in the Ancient Tomb conflict had been temporarily supernaturally imprisoned in a memory of Galar. But her conversation with Priam had been mostly conjecture.[break][break]
Aurelie wasn't guessing. Her tone was confident. She remembered.[break][break]
Nomi gazed at the forge, the implications of the truth overwhelming. The feeling of having spent twenty years with Parker had not been unfounded, it didn't make her crazy: it had actually happened. Nomi could not even begin to deal with that, the gravity of such a revelation entirely too profound - and dangerous - to confront in the midst of a Dream Mist vision. She could not risk manifesting imagery that might threaten to break her heart - the loss of something precious; the gaining of terrible certainties. She was injured there, Nomi knew. Injured in a terrible way, protecting Nomi. Always protecting Nomi.[break][break]
To Aurelie, she said as calmly as she could manage, "I was in Circhester, yes. I, too, ran a workshop - a forge like this one." She paused, then turned to stare at the red haired woman with a curious expression that bordered on sorrowful. "The question I wanted to ask you...I wanted you to help me figure out how to infuse Infinity Energy into manmade objects. Weapons, specifically. The only reason I even started thinking about it, was because it was written in the field notes I recovered from the Ancient Tomb. I felt so certain that I succeeded once, but could not remember exactly how I had done it."[break][break]
The young scientist touched her fingers to the wooden worktable. It felt real, the rough woodgrain pricking her fingers in a very tangible way. Was the Dream Mist growing stronger, or was this merely the power of Nomi's imagination - her desire to relive what had happened? To understand it?[break][break]
"I think you - we - did this once. In the memory of Galar. We may not have been in the same city, but we had the same experience. And if that experience was real...well." She smiled softly, a little sad, a little pleased. "Then maybe we can do it again, in Hoenn."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

10 MP for an IC post

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,027 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 16:53:27 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Nomi was absolutely full of surprises today. Aurelie didn't even know where to start addressing the many startling revelations that the Head Scientist had presented her with in just the last few minutes, ever since they'd been engulfed by the interdream mist. For a moment, the red-haired smith simply stood there, her mouth opening and closing without making a sound.

For some reason, the first thing she ended up blurting out was, "You were able to keep your research notes? From Galar? Quelle chance!"

It was a silly question, she knew, and yet... Her own diary, which she'd updated faithfully every day, had faded away to nothing but reams of empty parchment pages after they all returned from memory-Galar. Considering the valuable information that was sure to be in Nomi's notes, Aurelie couldn't believe their good fortune in not suffering the same fate.

When Nomi shared that she had been in Circhester, Aurelie's brow wrinkled briefly in confusion. But her lingering uncertainty about whether Nomi had experienced the same dream she had was swept away by excitement at Nomi's next question and request. Her single eye brightened with astonished wonder at the memories of the past and the possibilities of the future.

"Infinity Energy..." Aurelie breathed, her gaze growing misty with distant recollection. "Yes. Yes! I think you're right, Dr. Sato. Do you remember, about ten years after we arrived, every city was attacked...?"

Even as she spoke, the peaceful, industrious quiet of the workshop was suddenly, shockingly shattered by the sound of rupturing glass, followed by shrill, terrified screams. The shadowy, nebulous smiths all ran outside. Something whistled overhead and smashed into the shop, and Aurelie instinctively ducked as the ceiling caved in and collapsed, leaving a crumbling hole crushed by huge chunks of flying debris.

Through the hole in the ceiling, she and Nomi could see the dark, malevolent form of Necrozma writhing and lashing out furiously. Someone's spear struck one of its jagged, angular black hands, and fragments of the crystalline carapace flaked off in shadowy, glittering shards. Aurelie's eye went wide.

"Yes! This is how it happened," the red-haired smith exclaimed, moving unthinkingly in front of Nomi as another piece of rubble hurtled their way. "We were attacked by Necrozma, and...hundreds of people...half the city..." She shook her head, the words caught in her throat.

"But afterward, there were pieces of that black crystal, those black metals, all over the city! And I remember I...she...that other woman I grew up into and became in Galar...and if you were here too, then you too—we made weapons and shields from that crystal!" Aurelie burst out.

"And those weapons and shields were beautiful. I remember that, for sure. I would love to see if we could recreate those now."

She turned toward Nomi, her expression full of hoper and hunger alike. "If your notes say how you did it, even in broad strokes... We can replicate the process! Like you said, we did it once, and we can manage it again! Please, let me work with you on this! Please."

Aurelie didn't even question whether they should try it, in her utter certainty that they could. The sheer power and majesty of those weapons in her memory was reason enough. The ravening presence of the Necrozma lent some further urgency to the matter too.

"Can we be hurt by the interdream mist's visions like this?" she asked, raising her voice to be heard above the clamor of the city being smashed and people screaming in fear. "Maybe we should take shelter somewhere with more cover..."

- Excited by Nomi's question and proposal and says yes immediately
- Then Necrozma attacks the workshop in the vision! Yikes!
- MP Points: 90 (50 from participation + 30 for posts + 10 for interdream mist)

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 1:13:41 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi's brow furrowed as the scenery around the two women began to change. What had been a peaceful hearth-fire within a cozy forge had transformed into a dark and deadly warfront.[break][break]
An extremely familiar warfront.[break][break]
Through the din of battle and the incomprehensible power that was Necrozma's rage, it was not lost on Nomi that Aurelie had positioned herself into a protective stance - in front of the Head Scientist. A blush colored Nomi's cheeks in response, and her chest ached with a sudden sorrowful longing. Parker should be here, she thought. And even as that thought surfaced, another followed in its place: But if she were here, she'd have to fight, and then she'd - [break][break]
Nomi shivered.[break][break]
"I remember," she whispered, throat suddenly dry. "We lost so many. And others were injured. We were all forever changed by this battle...and the ones that followed..."[break][break]
Aurelie mentioned the crystals, then, and Nomi eagerly latched onto her line of thinking - anything was better than focusing on the horrors of war (the ways I failed Parker).[break][break]
"Yes, they were beautiful," Nomi agreed. "But I did not forge only weapons and shields. I made for myself a circlet. And for my - " wife? " - girlfriend, Parker, I made a pair of gauntlets. To name a few."[break][break]
But then her face fell slightly at the mention of her notes.[break][break]
"Of course you can work with me on this. That's what I wanted. You see, my research is unfortunately incomplete. So we need to try and fill in the gaps."[break][break]
('s voice, then, in the back of her mind: "The cost is too great.")[break][break]
"Interdream mist cannot hurt us on its own, but it can manifest things that can - such as Paradox Pokemon," she continued, ignoring the sudden memory of the Councilman's cautionary rebuttal. "Rather than hide, why don't I..."[break][break]
Nomi focused, Kallistatus drifting closer, sensing her desire to alter reality. She sent psychic feelers out to the mist, mentally poking at it. Show us the constellations, she urged.[break][break]
"...change things."[break][break]
All around the Rockets, the warfront faded away. They soon found themselves standing amidst a quiet, lonely field littered with black crystals. Stars winked down from above them. Not just any stars. Specific formations.[break][break]
"What about these? Anything look familiar to you?" Nomi murmured, crimson eyes drinking in the sky. "My field journal had drawings of these too. I wonder if they're connected to the Infinity Energy infusion..."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

10 MP for an IC post

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,027 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 23:40:05 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie whistled appreciatively on hearing the things that Nomi had created while living and working in what she was increasingly convinced had been another version of memory-Galar that somehow had existed in parallel with the one she'd inhabited. There had been no one like Nomi in the Galar she remembered, making circlets and gauntlets as well as weapons and armor. She was sure of it.

In fact, the only other smith she'd known of was some fellow in Circhester, who adorably started calling himself a Master Smith after only 10 years. As if Aurelie wouldn't have gotten laughed out of the house if she'd called herself that when she was 19 years old and had 10 years of experience under her belt! Still, he'd done some nice work by the end of their Galarian sojourn: mostly weapons and armor, like her.

When Nomi mentioned her girlfriend in passing, Aurelie did raise her eyebrow briefly in curiosity but didn't press. Lucky lady, she thought fleetingly. But the discussion at hand quickly recaptured her attention.

The redhead's face lit up with excitement and delight when Nomi told her she'd wanted Aurelie to help her work on this. "Great! Yes! I'm totally in. I'd love to see if we can recreate that process of imbuing Infinity Energy into a knife, sword, or shield. Or a circlet or gauntlets," she added, bowing her head briefly.

"I've often wondered if it is something we can accomplish in our world. Or if it was something special about the environment and materials in Galar. I don't have any notes to go on, only memory, but I'm sure if we combine all those things, we can—" She broke off, realizing she was babbling, and let out an embarrassed laugh.

"Once we get out of here, that is," Aurelie concluded, flushing. "I guess I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here."

Then Aurelie caught her breath in astonishment when Nomi used her powers and her connection with her Unown to...somehow alter the reality they were in. "Holy crap," she breathed, wide-eyed with wonder. "That was amazing! And definitely a relief.

"I'd say 'how do I get to do stuff like that too',"
the redhead added with a rueful smile, "but I figure it's the kind of thing you can only do after you sacrifice your best friend or the memory of your first love or something." Sadly, she was only half-joking as she said it.

While Nomi gazed toward the now-peaceful, constellation-filled night sky, Aurelie knelt to study and ogle the starry black crystals scattered across the ground. She remembered these: the Wishing Stars. They brought to mind not only a memory of smelting and processing them into Dynite Ore but also the simulation she'd entered with Nomi, with the purplish rock that had given them visions.

When the Head Scientist asked if the stars looked familiar, Aurelie's head shot up in chagrin. "Huh? Oh…I, uh, I don't know." She looked up too and shook her head slowly, her cheeks turning an even deeper red.

"I have to admit, I never really paid attention to the constellations," the red-haired smith said frankly, shrugging and looking back toward the earth-fallen wishing stars. "I know a lot of people in Motostoke and elsewhere catalogued the changes in them and had theories about what they portended, but...well..."

She trailed off, then, and smiled crookedly. "I just paid attention to my work, I think. To the metals we had, and to the black crystals and the Wishing Stars we used to make special things. I can't remember exactly what or how, though. Not even with the interdream mist jogging my memory a little."

- Pretty sure Nomi was in a different Galar, which kind of blows her mind
- Totally into the prospect of helping Nomi research imbuing Infinity Energy into objects in the real world
- Very impressed and grateful that Nomi changed reality so their surroundings are more peaceful
- Didn't really pay attention to the constellations, so she isn't sure if they had any link to the Infinity Energy equipment
- MP Points: 100 (50 from participation + 40 for posts + 10 for interdream mist)

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 1:27:00 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Aurelie's enthusiasm was rather adorable, Nomi had to admit. She couldn't help but smile as the other woman began to ramble on about what they might make together. She ought to have been a scientist, Nomi thought, not for the first time.[break][break]
It's the kind of thing you can only do after you sacrifice your best friend...[break][break]
Nomi looked away, trying to hide the sorrowful expression that passed briefly across her face. What she'd gained in power, she'd lost in 's continued allegiance to Rocket. So, in a sense, Aurelie wasn't wrong. The Unown had blessed Nomi because she had offered them a family...even as her human family seemed to be dwindling...[break][break]
"I'll tell you the story sometime," Nomi murmured, remembering that her report had only been shared with Rocket leadership, not the average Grunt. "The truth is that Avatarship is still something of a mystery, even to me. Why are certain people chosen over others? All I know for sure, is that I love them...the Unown, I mean."[break][break]
Kallistatus drifted over to her as she said it, as if drawn to her affection. She reached out a hand instinctively to pat it on its symbolic head.[break][break]
Nomi listened as Aurelie tried to make a connection between the constellations and her experience in Motostoke. Sadly, there were very few conclusions to draw. Nomi frowned...it seemed they'd reached another dead end.[break][break]
"Well...I suppose the first thing we should do is try and gather as much Infinity Energy as we can, and then see if we can forge anything with it." Nomi crouched down, holding out a hand to one of the black crystals on the ground before her. If she tried to touch it, she had a feeling her hand would pass right through. After all, their surroundings - however realistic - were simply recreations of the dream mist.[break][break]
"We need some of these crystals, I think," Nomi concluded. Then her head snapped up, eyes widening. "And I think I know where we can find some! Aurelie, have you been to Lesser Megalopolis yet?"[break][break]
As she mentioned it, the scenery around them began to change once more, morphing into the bleak, midnight landscape of that otherwordly realm.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

10 MP for an IC post

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,027 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 0:28:27 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie perked up when Nomi offered to tell her the story of how she had acquired the...patronage? Partnership? Well, the help of her Unown. It had always seemed like such a secretive topic to her, the sort of things that Avatars seemed to want to keep private.

Yet, as a scientist, it made sense that Nomi would be freer with sharing knowledge and less interested in keeping secrets just for the sake of having them. Aurelie smiled with genuine appreciation, and her face softened further at Nomi's show of affection for her Unown. It reminded her of how she saw her own Pokemon as tools—and yet, as a smith, she loved her tools, both the living and non-living ones.

"I'd love to hear that story whenever you have a chance," she replied sincerely, "and to see more of what you can do with your Unown." She eyed the Unown drifting next to Nomi with respect and bemusement for its power and alien form.

As the interdream mist responded once more to Nomi's thoughts and words, the landscape shifted into a bleak, ruined cityscape of black, crystalline skyscrapers towering over empty, dark streets. Aurelie tilted her head back to stare at everything around her, wide-eyed. The material the buildings were made of really did look like the black crystals...

"If this is Lesser Megalopolis, then I've certainly never been," the red-haired smith remarked frankly, shaking her head in wonder. "This is fascinating! I think you're right, though; this place certainly looks full of black crystals ready for harvesting.

"Unless..."
Aurelie hesitated as she remembered the clash between the Zamazenta and Chien-Pao—as well as an unsettling meeting closer to home. "I feel like I have seen these crystals elsewhere too.

"I have some—just a small handful—knocked off the Zamazenta's shield during the battle at the Ancient Tomb. And I've seen these crystals on 's body too."
She frowned pensively and rolled her eye. "He told me—well, sneered at me, really—that they were impossible to break off or remove. That you'd tried. And it makes me worried that..."

She broke off and sighed, shaking her head again. "Well, first things first. We need to get out of this mist and finish what we're doing here. And then..."

In response to Aurelie's words and resolve this time, the cityscape wavered and shimmered like a heat mirage on a summer day, before slowly turning transparent and dissipating from view. Before them, the island stretched forward in all its rocky, mountainous monotony. The red-haired smith put her hands on her hips and nodded decisively.

"Then, let's do as you suggested. We gather up as much Infinity Energy as we can. And then..." She grinned in anticipation. "We visit Lesser Megalopolis together and try to harvest these crystals. We'll find a way to cut them off the buildings even if we have to bring a laser saw into the rift. Or a tank or bazooka, if we have to!"

And then we'd be one step closer to bringing those weapons and armor I remember back to life, Aurelie thought, her face shining with excitement at the possibility. I can't wait.

- Likes Nomi's bond with her Unown, even if they are super alien-looking
- Admits she's never been to Lesser Megalopolis but is willing to go
- Worries that, if the crystals there are anything like the ones on Zev, they might not be easy to harvest, but is willing to try anyway
- MP Points: 410 (50 from participation + 50 for posts + 10 for interdream mist + 100 for mission + 200 for win)

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 2:15:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: