LAY ME BARE
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 23:59:26 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maomao"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","pkmnlist"]

[attr="class","border"]
[attr="class","lyric"]YOU'LL BE THE RUIN OF ME, WON'T YOU?

[attr="class","textbody"] had been given a choice.

[break][break] From the very beginning, she had chosen the confines of Rocket. Jayden had never been given that choice. Once upon a time, when the woods of Petalburg had still been woods, they had discussed it over primacrystal shards and a broken city. The painful fate of his birthright, and the destined choice of hers.

[break][break] She had chosen Rocket, and he had been confined to it.

[break][break] She had fought against the confines of Rocket's rule, just as she had Rocket's own scientists when they'd offered to subject her to inhumane testing after her avatarship. Perhaps it was because this was Rocket's second Ruinous avatarship to note, perhaps it was because people such as were Underboss. Perhaps it was the fact that had been too unconscious to make his own choice on the matter — but Rocket's scientists would find themselves free to explore the biology and psychology of Jayden's avatarship upon the moment dropped him off in the medbay.

[break][break] Or at least they certainly tried to. Even if the testing did come up with nothing, in the end. He was too volatile to touch for any long periods of time. If they divulged too deeply in greed, grunts and scientists alike would find themselves more frozen than the victims of The Silent Icelands, forever withered by time.

[break][break] "You came to visit," the Admin said in a low growl, eyes snapping to the door even before it slid open and the Underboss could reveal herself. Half his face was encased in ice crystals, skin chipping away by frost. The ruinous cat prowled before him like a predator, icy-blue eyes locking with that of it's sibling.

[break][break] 'You took your time.'

[break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".maomao"] --accent: #7F6779; [/newclass]
[newclass=".maomao"] width: 480px; margin: 0px auto; background: #111; padding-bottom: 10px; position: relative; overflow: hidden; } .maomao b { font-family: Poppins; color: var(--accent); } .maomao i { color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: 0.5px; } .maomao a { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/10px 'Playfair Display'!important; font-weight:600!important; } .maomao:hover .pkmnlist { right: 20px; transition: 1.5s all; } .maomao .pkmnlist { position: absolute; right: -50px; width: 50px; top: 5px; transition: 1.5s all; } .maomao .pkmnlist img { margin-top: -10px; height: 45px; filter: grayscale(1); } .maomao .pkmnlist img:hover { filter: none !important; } .maomao .top { height: 250px; margin: 0px auto; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/02/6c/e0/026ce08459bb4fe642c90c0bb0188a80.jpg); background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 30%; } .maomao .lyric { font: 12px/15px 'Playfair Display'; text-align: center; color: #999; letter-spacing: 10px; padding: 0px 30px; } .maomao:hover .lyric span { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; font-weight:bold; } .maomao .border { background-color: rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.8); padding: 10px 0px 5px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom: 2px solid #333; } .maomao .textbody { margin: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 12.5px/15px 'Roboto'; text-align: justify; color: #ddd; letter-spacing: 0.5px; padding: 30px 50px 10px; border: 1px solid #222; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2); position:relative; } .maomao .oocbox { padding-top:5px; font:11px/11px 'Roboto'; text-align:center; border-top:1px solid #222; margin-top:20px; letter-spacing:10px; } .maomao .oocbox a { font-family: Playfair Display!important; color: #444!important; font-weight: bold; padding-left: 10px; font-weight:600!important; } .maomao .bottom { background-color: var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; opacity: 0.5; height: 20px; [/newclass]

[googlefont="Playfair+Display"]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LAY ME BARE
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 22:41:33 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa"]
[attr="class","top"]

Elisabeth despised hospitals. Doctors. Medicine. The entire industry, really.[break][break]

People who played god didn't understand what it meant to be one.[break][break]

Her heels cut a cold echo through the sterile floors, the staff scurrying to the side as the dark-haired woman loomed towards the room of one Admin . A bitter chill manifested the closer she came to his door, to the point that when it opened, a breath of winter's frost greeted her despite the warm notes of a fading summer still burning outside.[break][break]

"Cross," she greeted sharply, taking in her measure of him with uncaring carmine eyes.[break][break]

Had she looked this pathetic when she'd been brought here by ? Disgust curdled inside herself at the notion, although she knew that the frostbitten pallor of his face wouldn't have shown on her own.[break][break]

"I understand you survived your ordeal. Congratulations."[break][break]

Neither relief nor sincerity existed in her words, merely an undercurrent of annoyance -- one she did precious little to hide from him.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa"] --accent:#D14C4C!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
LAY ME BARE
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 22:50:10 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maomao"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","textbody"] Congratulations?

[break][break] CONGRATULATIONS?

[break][break] The word pierces through his heart like ice-cold steel, and the HATRED that curls in his heart festers only faster. Wind lashes out as his knuckles go white at the notion, but it's the CHIEN PAO that crawls closer.

[break][break] Slowly, prowling, as it observes it's sibling from behind the Underboss.

[break][break] Opposed to it's new prisoner, the Ruinous Beast is full of life. Thrilled at the prospect that their plans are finally coming into motion.

[break][break] It's flank presses into the Admin's ankles, brushing silky white fur against frostbitten skin, stirring Jayden into wakefulness and away from the storm of emotions that threatened to consume him.

[break][break] "Is this," he rasped. "How you felt?"

[break][break] Imprisoned?

[break][break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".maomao"] width: 480px; margin: 0px auto; background: #111; padding-bottom: 10px; position: relative; overflow: hidden; } .maomao b { font-family: Poppins; color: var(--accent); } .maomao i { color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: 0.5px; } .maomao a { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/10px 'Playfair Display'!important; font-weight:600!important; } .maomao:hover .pkmnlist { right: 20px; transition: 1.5s all; } .maomao .pkmnlist { position: absolute; right: -50px; width: 50px; top: 5px; transition: 1.5s all; } .maomao .pkmnlist img { margin-top: -10px; height: 45px; filter: grayscale(1); } .maomao .pkmnlist img:hover { filter: none !important; } .maomao .top { height: 250px; margin: 0px auto; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/02/6c/e0/026ce08459bb4fe642c90c0bb0188a80.jpg); background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 30%; } .maomao .lyric { font: 12px/15px 'Playfair Display'; text-align: center; color: #999; letter-spacing: 10px; padding: 0px 30px; } .maomao:hover .lyric span { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; font-weight:bold; } .maomao .border { background-color: rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.8); padding: 10px 0px 5px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom: 2px solid #333; } .maomao .textbody { margin: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 12.5px/15px 'Roboto'; text-align: justify; color: #ddd; letter-spacing: 0.5px; padding: 30px 50px 10px; border: 1px solid #222; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2); position:relative; } .maomao .oocbox { padding-top:5px; font:11px/11px 'Roboto'; text-align:center; border-top:1px solid #222; margin-top:20px; letter-spacing:10px; } .maomao .oocbox a { font-family: Playfair Display!important; color: #444!important; font-weight: bold; padding-left: 10px; font-weight:600!important; } .maomao .bottom { background-color: var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; opacity: 0.5; height: 20px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LAY ME BARE
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 23:04:01 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Hatred made a certain sense to Elisabeth, in a way that love never had.[break][break]

It let her weather the frigid storm of his rage, standing stoic and impassive as his eyes revealed what could very well be murderous intent. That wouldn't surprise her, in truth. Elisabeth was used to hateful men wanting her dead.[break][break]

You could say there was even something comforting in replaying that scene.[break][break]

"You're going to have to use your words, Cross," she continued with a dismissive shrug, two ochre eyes blinking behind her to show the other Ruinous Beast that had followed in her wake. She found a nearby seat and lounged in it as if it were a poor excuse for a throne, finding it beneath her while resigned to making do.[break][break]

A small smirk pulled at the corner of her mouth, enigmatic in its amusement.[break][break]

"I certainly don't pretend to know how you feel."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
LAY ME BARE
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 6:26:37 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maomao"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","textbody"] Did he want her dead? Did he want her dead like she had wanted him dead, mere moments ago, in that frozen Cave of Origin?

[break][break] The way that she had leveraged her power as an Underboss to wield the whole organization against him.

[break][break] Did he resent her?

[break][break] What exactly was the source of the HATRED that was borne in his eyes, eyes flickering from shades of amethyst ice to frosted blue?

[break][break] "You know exactly what I mean," he growled. A demand. The feline's ice-blue eyes snap towards it's sibling. Nearly mocking in it's regard. "You let it happen."

[break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LAY ME BARE
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 2:00:31 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Let what happen, precisely?" One leg crossed over the other, her stiletto heel dangling with bored affectation. "Tell me, Cross. What was I meant to do? Throw myself at the creature in the hopes it might change its target?"[break][break]

Her mouth quirked into a sardonic smile, privately entertained by her own joke.[break][break]

"Far be it from me to demand multiple curses from the divine."[break][break]

But no such amusement sparkled in his own glacial glare. Had he always seemed this emotive to her? She regarded him thoughtfully, a hand perched beneath her chin.[break][break]

No, she mused with mild interest, this side of him was new. More primal, less inhibited.[break][break]

She could understand that. She'd lost her inhibitions after establishing her pact, too.[break][break]

Fury chiseled its way across his frozen features, the temperature failing to numb his temper in the way it numbed her own. Sludge oozed from Wo-chien at her side, eating its way at the artificial snowscape with rot and decay.[break][break]

"Or perhaps you take umbrage with the fact I was willing to kill you. In which case," she continued with a lazy swish of her hand, "I believe your anger is to be directed at multiple individuals, not only myself."[break][break]

He'd find no apology reflected in her carmine eyes. Only unrepentant defiance.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
LAY ME BARE
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 1:13:51 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maomao"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","textbody"] Ice crystallizes in the floor before him and he leaps to his feet. The ground freezes beneath him, lashing out like a pool of shadow. Teeth bare like an animal cornered, viscous blue eyes burn with unrelenting ferocity, cutting into those eyes of ochre.

[break][break] "You were supposed to kill me!"

[break][break] If she'd just done her job, if she'd just killed him, then he wouldn't have needed to suffer. He wouldn't have had to hurt.

[break][break] He wouldn't have had to feel his world view split from underneath him, wouldn't have had to face the shadow of or the threat of an unborne Dmitri Volkov in his nightmares. Living it again and again, plunged into ice-cold water and blood.

[break][break] "You knew exactly what you were doing," he said. "You let it happen anyway."

[break][break] Snowflakes lashes around the newly-named Avatar with full-fledged ferocity, not enough to cause a blizzard, but enough to drop the room a degree colder. As he stared at , his heart flickered blue and then bruised violet, a swirl of burdened hurt and blame.

[break][break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LAY ME BARE
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 0:58:17 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"I see." The flatness of her voice revealed her irritation at his posturing. "My fault that you suffer, is it? How convenient for you."[break][break]

Frost swirled out and radiated out like a massive snowflake to encase the floor, the finer points of its stellar dendrite design melting before the acidic moat of rot that surrounded her.[break][break]

"Shall I blame someone for my suffering, too? I wonder. Who's the most convenient scapegoat for such a thing?"[break][break]

Even as the man rose to his feet to loom over her, she utterly lacked a sense of fear or self-preservation. If anything, her expression taunted him to step closer to her -- to challenge her further, to goad her into acting on the violence he so wanted from her.[break][break]

"If you want death enough, Cross, there is always someone willing to complete that deed for you. But you know better, I think."[break][break]

Elisabeth leaned back, regarding him with a regal posture befitting a cruel queen.[break][break]

"Your patron has no interest in you relinquishing your mortal coil. I suggest you not tempt that fate."[break][break]

She'd learned that lesson in a distant Galar. Though the memory of that event escaped her, the lesson instilled in her remained.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
LAY ME BARE
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 16:22:55 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maomao"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","textbody"] "It is your fault!" he accuses as he crosses the room to her, ice crystallizing around the small space that the rot cannot touch. His own heart feels like it is rotting flesh, set aflame by the feelings that instills.

[break][break] Hate. Guilt. Hurt. Desperation.

[break][break] His body feels like it's being ripped apart, warped into a wormhole.

[break][break] "You knew - you were supposed to help me! Protect me!"

[break][break] Save me.

[break][break] But it isn't he's talking to anymore. Not even .

[break][break] It is only then that his own patron decides to make itself known. A lip curls, a paw pressed against the Admin's ankle. Hackles raised, as if in warning.

[break][break] Temper yourself, human, the gesture seems to say.

[break][break] He trembles.

[break][break] "How do you know?" he breathes. "Have you tried?"

[break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LAY ME BARE
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 3:59:48 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Palpable disgust flashed across her features as approached her, the pale fingers of frost radiating out to encroach on her minor claim to this artificial tundra.[break][break]

"Are we our brother's keeper, Cross?" she mocked him. "No one deserves protection. No one deserves saving. The strong live, and the weak die. We thought you knew that."[break][break]

She arose from her seat, her heels cutting into the ice to crack with every step that neared him. The sheer thrum of power wafting from her seemed to cement her posture, aloof and indifferent as she raised her chin to look at him, defiant even as her voice softened.[break][break]

"Do you deny your strength, then? That creature seems to believe you possess it, or else it wouldn't have chosen you. Gods have desires, like any other living thing."[break][break]

Her eyes flitted for a moment to Chien-Pao, assessing it in silence, before she looked at him again.[break][break]

Wo-chien seemed almost gleeful at her side in comparison, its presence emanating a sense of morbid excitement at the energy sparking between the two Ruinous Avatars. A tension shimmered in the air, whispering at portents yet to come.[break][break]

"Attempting to run from those desires is foolish, unless your goal is to anger a god. But you know better, don't you?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
LAY ME BARE
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 8:14:24 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maomao"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","textbody"] The strong live and the weak die. That must was true. For a moment, the hatred that consumes him blisters. Cracks at the edges, as he's reminded of his home. Of his family. Of Rocket.

[break][break] His eyes flash with conviction.

[break][break] "The strong live and the weak die," he says, voice scathing. "Is that what you really think?"

[break][break] His chin tips towards her.

[break][break] "Is that what you think we stand for?"

[break][break] We. As in Rocket.

[break][break] An arm lifts to show the searing wound along his arm. A scorching wound burned into shadow, that showed even deeper than his recent wound from Chien Pao. 's influence burns with heat.

[break][break] "The weak do not die. Rocket would not let it." Or else he would have died long ago. Countless others would have burned at the stake in Kanto. "I would not let it."

[break][break] A flash of a memory brings him back to Galar, pushing past the barriers of Chien Pao's influence.

[break][break] "We would not let it."

[break][break] Chien Pao's expression, too, is smug as it prowls forward. As if it seems to find a hidden thrill in the shift in Jayden's expression, the way he bends to the whim of his emotions. So easy. All too easy.

[break][break] Strength? How laughable. If it had chosen strength, would it have chosen ?

[break][break] Was it a choice at all?

[break][break] Or simply fate?

[break][break] "What do you know about the whims of a god," Jayden asks. His eyes burn. With pain, with heat, with desire. "Have you become one?"

[break][break] "Teach me."

[break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LAY ME BARE
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 3:22:41 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Frankly? I don't care what Rocket stands for." Even as hatred coursed through him, even as his patron's power whispered in the threat of his challenge to her, she couldn't stop herself from provoking him. "Weak people waste their time defending others. What do you stand for? What is the source of your power?"[break][break]

The sight of the wound of his arm inspired no pity in her. Her own body was riddled with scars of itself, the most egregious a brand burned into her left thigh.[break][break]

Her correction came out sharply, chastising him with a click of her tongue.[break][break]

"We are strong for surviving, not for being spared."[break][break]

After the icy frost of Chien-Pao's influence met the withering stare of Wo-Chien's ochre eyes, the two then gazed upon one another's vessels in silent acknowledgment, assessing the other. The stench of RESENTMENTS wafted from this creature, too, but were weakened by other loyalties, other bonds that were far stronger than the ones that held Wo-chien's chosen vessel.[break][break]

Still. Its sibling had chosen well, if differently.[break][break]

"I'm not the one who can teach you about your own godhood, Cross. But if you like," she added, glancing over her shoulder as she turned to leave, "we can be monsters together. Few understand what it means, to be chosen as we are chosen."[break][break]

It is to suffer, her eyes warned him implicitly as she turned to go. This is the easy part.[break][break]

The eternity these nefarious bonds promised them was an unkind one.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
LAY ME BARE
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 3:29:40 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maomao"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","textbody"] She does not agree, yet she does not deny him either.

[break][break] This part, at least, is not a surprise to Jayden who knows enough about to recognize their similarities and yet also their stark differences. After all, they had shared a conversation like this once before, under far different circumstances. She had chosen Rocket, and yet Rocket had chosen him.

[break][break] But just like they had shared that birthright, today they shared the same curse.

[break][break] "Monsters," he murmured finally, standing up to face her. This time it is with courage, not frustration or hate, that he looks upon her. He watches her retreating back with a modicum of thought.

[break][break] "Monsters together it is."

[break][break] When the doors close, the room was still cold.

[break][break] Yet, somehow, not as cold as it had once been.

[break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
LAY ME BARE
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 23:41:55 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: