awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
RECOGNITION
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 2:50:39 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
At least a week had passed since his mission into lesser megalopolis. Derek had lost track of time with all of his...indulgences. But there was much he'd learned since coming back to this side of the rift. Just nothing he could act upon so soon.

Memories from another life revealed a great deal about how he'd treated some of his pokemon. The incident compounded them as failures. There was no doubt Jonesy had done well under Ollie's reign. That Derek might actually be willing to trade this life for the one he was so soon to discard in that unfamiliar place. In the end, it didn't matter.

The journey to the tombs of pokemon at rest upon Mt. Pyre is considered perilous to those who've never experienced such a passing. Though nothing is so treacherous to stop him.

But it doesn't feel right to go it alone. He wants to share the moment. The burden. Part of why he's bringing Jonesy here instead of Petalburg Woods is that there might be more friends for him here. And Ollie, though alive and well, was one of Jonesy's friends.

He waits quietly, staring at the black-and-yellow orb with a dull look on his face...
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,334 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
RECOGNITION
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 22:17:38 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sunboy leaguecharacter"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","leftcolumn"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","tagnotes"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"] jonesy.

[break][break] when ollie had heard the news, it was like a boulder had settled in his chest. many of the memories in galar were either fleeting or had faded, but if there was one thing that he remembered with finality, it was the closeness in which he had remembered feeling to his friend's sobble. it was a silly thing, a stupid thing.

[break][break] of all the connections that a king could make in galar, he would choose a sobble as his advisor... it was stupid. really stupid. and yet, it had meant the most to ollie.

[break][break] the ranger arrives to their meeting point late, his expression twisted in distress. in a rare moment, his normal happy-go-lucky demeanor is overshadowed with grief.

[break][break] "derek..."

[break][break] he swallowed, eyes gleaming with regret.

[break][break] "i'm sorry."

[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"]PAST THREAD

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","dashdash"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".leaguecharacter"] --accent:#FFB546!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy"]--accent:#FFB546;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .inner"]display:flex;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; transform:rotate(-40deg); [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy:hover .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]transform:rotate(320deg); transition:2s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
RECOGNITION
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 7:10:18 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"...yeah. me too."

Dark hues shift towards Ollie before drifting back towards the pokeball in-hand, pocketing it in favor of a flask tucked within his hoodie. "you're late by the way." Even with the late notice, it struck him as quite the curiousity.

"were you having any doubts about all this?"

Choosing to indulge in half of the contents, the ranger slips the container away. As if it could conceal much of the shame he felt for it, or for having allowed Jonesy to pass in the first place. "wouldn't surprise me if you did."

but it would upset him to hear it. just a little bit...
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,334 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
RECOGNITION
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 7:36:06 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"] "no!"

[break][break] ollie's voice broke out, immediate in his response.

[break][break] he could've lied. could've said that work had kept him busy, that being head ranger was hard, that —

[break][break] "i mean, yes. but not like that."

[break][break] he rubbed the back of his neck.

[break][break] "death is..." difficult for me "hard, and i wasn't sure..."

[break][break] 'that you wanted me here.'

[break][break] "i wasn't sure what i needed to bring."

[break][break] in the end, he hadn't brought anything besides himself. he glanced at the other, lips tipped into a frown.

[break][break] "i feel guilty," he confessed. "that i wasn't there for you. or jonesy."

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; transform:rotate(-40deg); [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy:hover .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]transform:rotate(320deg); transition:2s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
RECOGNITION
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 0:08:02 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
The sentiment is shared, and deep-rooted within Ollie's underling. A smirk forms upon Derek's features, a gentle scoff escaping his lips.

"neither was i."

This was exactly why he wanted the head ranger there.

"well, i wouldn't say that you weren't there, but..."

As he trails off into something of a speech, Derek turns to begin their uphill voyage to the burial peaks at the top of the mountain.

"i wouldn't have asked if i didn't want you here."

Though they weren't exactly close, especially not as of late... Did Ollie really think he wanted them here for another reason other than that? "Jonesy wasn't very close to a lot of people."

Recalling memories of the little guy in Johto, long before he was forced to adopt the Sobble... He was always such a crybaby.

And though his boss couldn't see it, Derek was slowly breaking down into something of the same. Thankfully his back was to them as he continued speaking, slight pauses and stammers the only indication he was having some trouble with this part.

"but he liked you enough that i didn't have to be there."

As a "child" with attachment issues, it said a lot.
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,334 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
RECOGNITION
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 0:31:08 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"] a flash of a smile at the other ranger, tender and kind. "thanks, bro."

[break][break] he knew that didn't quite understand the relationship that he and jonesy had shared; ollie barely understood it. all the memories of galar were broken and blurry at the edges, only coming to him in bursts of feeling. but if there was one thing that he knew with absolute clarity...

[break][break] he swallowed thickly.

[break][break] he was glad that was far enough up ahead that he couldn't see his face. ollie didn't even know what his face looked like. his chest tightened as they walked up the hill, and the other began to reminisce about the small sobble's past.

[break][break] a soft, broken laugh cut the air.

[break][break] "man," he said, wiping his face. "don't say that."

[break][break] "you're gonna make me cry."

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]