part of
TAG WITH @shrocs
SHIGURE URUHA
dude, we're gaming now (dd)
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 8:08:46 GMT
SHIGURE URUHA Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

even a guy like shigure enjoys the night life. or, more precisely, it's easier to hide away in the shadows of the night and blend in with the crowds that drown everything out with buzzed excitement. sometimes they like to break out of monotony and poke their head into a good ol' arcade. it's the fluorescent lights and eardrum bursting music that gets him. makes it easier to not think, you know?[break][break]

well, at least, they weren't thinking. past tense. because now why was he getting his ass kicked the moment this guy wandered over and plopped down next to him? so much for a totally calm and peaceful race of which it definitely was! definitely. trust.[break][break]

"... dude." it's not directed to anyone, the comment tinged with complaint being sent to the air. he lets out a sigh as he leans back into the chair. he's still got time to climb back to podium or something, right? losing is whatever. it just sucks to be in bottom eight against a bunch of npcs and some rando. [break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky
[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#f1ca3e;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 5:49:19 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
There was truly nothing like Free Play Fridays at Round One Arcade in Slateport. Starting at 10 PM and going until sunrise, most non-ticket games were set to Free Play. The bracelets needed to partake in the event weren't cheap, but for hardcore gamers and those who just wanted to relax an entire night away losing track of time, it was perfect. Josh was glad it was on Fridays, too; with a weekend to fix it, he was a-okay with wrecking his sleep schedule.

There was also nothing like sitting in the chair of SHOVELWARE STUDIOS' latest resurrection of Josh's favorite racing franchise abandoned by its original creators well over a decade ago. The entire cockpit rotated as the players turned their steering wheels, their handles shaking every time they pressed the big, green, flashing BOOST button in their center. Futuristic race courses floated kilometers above their home planets' surfaces, their turns flying past the players at dizzying speeds. Speeds that Josh was more than familiar with from the day he rode the emerald serpent with .

RANK OUT WARNING would flash on 's screen as the next lap of the race began; if he didn't get in the top twenty by the end of the lap, he would not be allowed to continue in the Grand Prix. Josh, on the other hand, had just a couple of AI racers in front of him. Taking his left hand off the wheel long enough to boost, he felt the wheel shake, and imagined himself being pushed against the back of his seat. "They don't call me the Master of Faster for nothing!" he quipped back. If Shigure paid attention to Hoenn's political leaders at all, that title would have instantly allowed him to pin his fellow gamer's identity.

He was racing against Mauville City's Gym Leader.

{WC: 305}
{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

eli

N/A
he/they
MARCH 19th
lavender town, kanto
bisexual
daycare worker
grunt
leave all those things
i did in yesterday
1000000 height
1000000 height
bingo bongo...
awards
44 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shrocs
SHIGURE URUHA
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 7:40:30 GMT
SHIGURE URUHA Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

okay! okay, okay. shigure got comfortable. but can anyone blame him? night time is for people like him that live in darkness because that's just where the ride of life took him. and yet here he was. sitting next to mother-freakin' josh devlin. the void seems to make its home in his eyes, shigure's gaze becoming lifeless as a hollow laugh mentally fills his mind. if he hadn't gone so brain empty, maybe he would have noticed who decided to kick ass on a racing game and shigure would have up and left and. dunno. gone to entertain his pokemon at a crane game (and ultimately get kicked out when his pancham would punch the glass to get a toy, but that's besides the point).[break][break]

they blow out a sigh, fringe rustling at the sudden gush of faux wind. what was mauville's gym leader even doing in slateport of all places? don't they have arcades on his home turf? man.[break][break]

"okay 'master of faster...'" he replies bluntly, sitting up to at least put some effort in. well, at least now he doesn't feel as bad for getting pushed down so low in the rankings. his chair tilts this way and that, bottom lip bitten on in concentration. "can the ai stop crashing into each other...? got places to be..." he swerves out of the way, tongue clicking at forced taking of a longer route. [break][break]

josh must be having the most leisure drive over there while shigure is back in the trenches fighting for his life. they want to be more conservative with with their boosts, but there's really not much he can do if he wants to actually keep going, huh? such is the way of the racing world... [break][break]

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#f1ca3e;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 7:33:36 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Mauville did have a Round One location, but it didn't have Free Play Fridays. With how fast his Pokémon were, Slateport was not a long ride from his home town to begin with. Taking a glance at the rankings as he crossed the line to the race's final lap, Josh noticed was catching up, now in the top fifteen and in no danger of ranking out. The silence coming from him was an indicator of pure concentration.

It was concentration that Josh mirrored, his hands steady on the wheel as he reached for the large, green button with his thumb. His yellow, purple, and blue machine's thrusters engaged, the number-243 vehicle barreled through the curves. The machine's grip was just slippy enough that he could even make turns at such high speeds by crossing his drifting and turning controls in a power slide, shifting the physical cockpit inside the cabinet at an odd angle.

All that practice on the home version was paying off!

{WC: 166}
{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

eli

N/A
he/they
MARCH 19th
lavender town, kanto
bisexual
daycare worker
grunt
leave all those things
i did in yesterday
1000000 height
1000000 height
bingo bongo...
awards
44 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shrocs
SHIGURE URUHA
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 5:39:14 GMT
SHIGURE URUHA Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","shrocs"]

shigure doesn't take too many things seriously. or, more specifically, recreational activities in which he wasn't very talented in didn't require too much of his effort. and yet, here they were, sitting with a focused stare on the screen. a part of them stops caring about being polite to the npcs around him (which is a weird thing, considering they're just pixels on the screen) and they start colliding into other cars. his frown radiates stay out of the way, but in the end? it didn't even matter. the race concludes with the master of faster himself in first and shigure sighs, flopping back in to his chair, arms dangling at his side. [break][break]

they slump into the seat, chin meeting chest, staring at the insert credits to continue! message flashing across his screen. shigure thinks not though! what, they're just going to waste their credits and then get outraced by josh devlin again? nah, he's good. still, shigure glances over at the other, face mask fiddled with as he sits back up. [break][break]

"... good game." at least they aren't a sore loser. a frowny loser, sure, but not a sore one. "... you play this a lot, huh. i didn't even know some of those shortcuts were there." and tickle shigure impressed!

[break][break]

[newclass=.shrocs]font:11px roboto;--accent:#f1ca3e;[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 5:50:04 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Once the race had concluded, would be able to see Josh's avatar among the top finishers; while he could not catch the leader despite spamming the Boost button as rapidly as the game would let him, he was happy with his finish. "I do! It's my favorite racing game of all time. There's a home version I used to play pretty religiously before my Gym Leader duties made me busy."

The young man offered Shigure a handshake as he stepped out of the cockpit. "Gym Leader Josh Devlin, Master of Faster and proprietor of Mauville Racing Grounds," he introduced himself. "You're not bad at the game yourself; as fun as it is, it can be really unforgiving," he chuckled. "What do you usually play when you come here? I love their rhythm games."

{WC: 134}
{PC: 3}
close tab

played by

eli

N/A
he/they
MARCH 19th
lavender town, kanto
bisexual
daycare worker
grunt
leave all those things
i did in yesterday
1000000 height
1000000 height
bingo bongo...
awards
44 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shrocs
SHIGURE URUHA
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 5:22:17 GMT
SHIGURE URUHA Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","shrocs"]

they nod in acknowledgement, understanding and something akin to respect on their otherwise stoic visage. gotta have some respect for guys that put their all in games. shigure's not one of those people, but hey. even he can get worked up over someone just being good. one of his favorite pass times is just putting on a video in the background of someone pulling off sick combos in a fighting game. good gamers were worthy of their admiration. [break][break]

still. a gym leader was still a gym leader no matter his gaming prowess, and it just sucked as a rocket member to make his acquaintance. thank goodness shigure's poker face was top notch. [break][break]

"shigure," they return, taking his hand once he exists his own cockpit, handshake surprisingly firm despite their nonchalance. "didn't think i'd run into mauville's gym leader here, but cool to make your acquaintance and all that." at the query, their shoulders shrug, face mask hiding the way their lip quirks up alongside their upturned brows. [break][break]

"thanks for the compliment. can't say i have the same amount of practice, 'cause when i usually come here, i sorta just. win stuff for my sister." he thinks of and how much cash they've both shoved into a crane machine, and his eyes close, forehead creasing as if suffering from the memory. "really piles on the wallet..." they sigh, but their expression seems to lighten, head tilting in the direction of the rhythm games. [break][break]

"you're probs familiar, but i'm into maimai... i also play a ton of design queen when i'm here too." which totally matches their dark and angsty appearance. totally.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ MISSION: ALL NIGHTER[break]
+ my pea brain calling project diva... design queen... do you get me...

[newclass=.shrocs]font:11px roboto;--accent:#f1ca3e;[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]