he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Trauma [C/M]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 17:17:15 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg8"]

[attr="class","header"]EVERYDAY BY MYSELF I’M BREAKING DOWN

[attr="class","setting"]

Damn, he was going into this blind. He had accidentally spilled his coffee all over the mission briefing and could only vaguely recall some of the information he had read. Something about a scientist conducting cruel experiments on Pokémon. Although he couldn't remember the specifics, he could certainly imagine the horrors. It didn't take a genius to figure out what terrible things a scientist could do to Pokémon.
[break][break]
Maybe it wouldn't be as terrible as he anticipated. The problem was, he didn't believe that for a second. He was too accustomed to things going wrong to have any faith in a positive outcome. It also didn't help that he had a gut feeling he wouldn't enjoy this mission, as it might bring up unpleasant memories.
[break][break]
Shaking his head, he realized he had veered off course and gently guided Celestia back on track. Since the mission was taking place in Lilycove, he had chosen to ride his Rapidash instead of flying with Rook or riding on Volt. He cherished both Pokémon, but wanted to give his newest team member some attention, hence why he was riding the Galarian Rapidash.
[break][break]
Upon reaching the meeting point, he dismounted the shiny Pokémon and surveyed the area. He was the first to arrive, which wasn't surprising considering he lived closer to Lilycove. The meeting point was located just outside Lilycove, slightly off to the side to avoid any interruptions from people coming or going.
[break][break]
The plan was to discuss their course of action before proceeding with the mission. They needed to come up with a solid plan, as charging in blindly would only lead to disaster.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/g0QJYTHP/IMG-1757.gif);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,936 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Trauma [C/M]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2023 7:21:19 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
TO: (josh.devlin@hoennleague.gov)
CC: (ever.blackwell@hoennrangers.gov)
MISSION: "Illicit Incident"
PROTOCOL: Sabotage
DANGER: ★★★★☆

Since the destruction of the complex above the Dewford Terastal Caverns, Rocket has moved their operations. With the personnel list you and Gym Leader retrieved, we have been able to trace the staff to an underground warehouse not far northwest of Lilycove City. We need to know what their endgame is. Infiltrate the bunker and find out what the devil's going on down there.

By the way, this is a covert operation. I know those are words you don't like hearing, Devlin, but such is the nature of this operation. You may have to neutralize the security, but try not to be too obvious about it.

Your objectives are as follows:

A) Gain entry to bunker
B) Disrupt all surveillance equipment
C) Get personnel to activate computer
D) Download data from computer
E) Photograph main video screen
F) Escape with laboratory Pokémon

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

Great. Another stealth mission. Ever since the Terastal Caves incident on Dewford, Josh was being asked to take on more and more Law Enforcement missions. He signed up to be a Ranger, not a cop. He didn't like killing people. The last time he had busted a bunker with , he had taken the lives of almost a dozen Rocket security guards. This wasn't even a Mauville assignment, so he couldn't blame it on his Gym Leader role. He wondered what would have to say if he knew the kinds of missions one of Hoenn's most seasoned Elite Rangers was being asked to take on.

" ," Josh greeted the cadet Ranger from the back of his Zeraora mount, the feline preferring to move about on all fours instead of upright like many of his brethren in Hoenn. "I'm not too comfortable about putting someone with a lack of experience on this assignment, but it's a decision that's far above my pay grade."

When asked about a plan of action, Josh took the mantle of leadership on the operation. "You should have an email with the briefing and objectives. I think we need to stick together as much as we can. There's a lot to do, we don't have a schematic of the warehouse, and if we trip any alarms, we'll be swimming in Rockets. I think the most important part is going to be disabling all their security cameras. You have a Pokémon that can take them out, right?" Josh had his Salazzle, Fire Eyes, who was not only quiet, but almost silent in hurling her corrosive venom capable of dissolving metal.

{WC: 443}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikiri       Zeraora        Good
Fire Eyes     Salazzle       Good
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Trauma [C/M]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 16:23:53 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Josh arrived quickly and he stopped petting Celestia to give the older man his full attention. Being good at reading people, he could tell that the man wasn't exactly happy. He didn't blame him, as the mission didn't seem like it was his cup of tea either. Josh knew that the mission had something to do with Rocket, and he was lucky to not have had anything to do with them until now. He had been on other missions that were Rocket-related.
[break][break]
He nodded towards the older man and said, "I'm just happy to help," his expression giving nothing away. What he had said was true, but he couldn't help but wish that the mission had been something else. He just couldn't shake the feeling that the mission would be hard for him.
[break][break]
As he mentioned an email, he checked his phone and realized that he had printed the report from his email. He had forgotten about it, as he had done it before he had his coffee. It was good that he hadn't lost his chance to go over the report. He quickly looked over the report before slipping his phone into his pocket.
[break][break]
"Hmmm, Volt might work. If I have him use a low-level electric attack, it could short out the camera," he told the older man before returning Celestia and releasing Volt. It didn't take long for Volt to do what needed to be done. Josh watched for a few seconds as Volt stayed out of view of the security cameras and used Thunder Wave on a few, causing them to shut down. It could be viewed as a camera getting too much charge.
[break][break]
Speaking of cameras. He decided to bring up the fact he had a camera. "I work as a photographer on the side, so if you don't have a camera, we could use mine. It would be better than having to use our phones."[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/g0QJYTHP/IMG-1757.gif);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,936 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Trauma [C/M]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 9:37:05 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It wasn't that Josh was unhappy to disrupt Rocket operations; he loved making their lives a living hell. He just preferred missions where he could be in his element: a superfast shock trooper that rammed and trampled enemy Pokémon at speeds no human had a right to ride at. His sword he had learned to use at 's school was at his waist, though the Gym Leader hoped to not have to use it.

"That will be a good way to disable them, especially if you aim for the lens," Josh answered, remembering that method of disabling them from the mission with . "Break the lens, and the thing's useless. Just be careful turning corners."

As Raikiri walked around the area specified in the email, Josh heard strange echo in his mount's footsteps. Ordering his cat to clear away some leaves, he saw that they were obscuring and blocking the top of a large ventilation shaft. Popping a Poké Ball open, a large, saddled Salazzle came out from inside it, quick to melt away three of the hinges holding the access panel in place by using VENOSHOCK. The lizard's riding gear was extensive, clearly designed to protect the rider from touching the poison-type's corrosive skin.

OBJECTIVE A: COMPLETED

Josh slid off Raikiri and onto Fire Eyes, the venomous lizard crawling down the shaft and into the underground warehouse. 's partner, Volt, was quick to put into practice what they had discussed, the sound of shattering glass a sign of a direct hit. "Now be careful about opening any doors. Be ready to destroy any alarms, too. If one of those sounds, our gooses are probably cooked," the Gym Leader whispered, Fire Eyes' mouth foaming with a FIRE LASH to neutralize any sentries beyond the door.

{WC: 296}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Trauma [C/M]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 5:54:32 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

To be honest, before this mission came along, he hadn't given much thought to thwarting Team Rocket. Sure, he knew that the time would probably come at some point, but he hadn't really taken the time to think about it. For the most part, he had avoided thinking about it, not wanting to waste time thinking too much about people who could give his father a run for his money.
[break][break]
He knew dealing with Team Rocket wasn't a joking matter, and considering the fact that the older ranger had a sword on him, it was clear he was prepared for the possibility of things going south, of things ending on the violent side. Though hopefully, this could be resolved without any conflict.
[break][break]
Thankfully, he wasn't given much time to think about how the mission could go before they were moving on with the mission. It seemed Josh approved of his idea, even giving him pointers on how he could make his idea better. Listening to what he had to say, he nodded before following through with what he had said, using Thunder Wave to crack the lens of the cameras to make them unusable.
[break][break]
Once he had discreetly disposed of security cameras on his end, he regrouped with the gym leader. Upon meeting up with him, he noticed that he had a Salazzle out of her Pokéball. Eying the Pokémon briefly, he returned his attention to Josh for further instructions.
[break][break]
Taking in what he had to say, he nodded. "Yeah, I really don't want to draw unnecessary attention to us," he agreed, waiting for the signal to go into the building, figuring he would just follow after the gym leader and his Pokémon.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,936 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Trauma [C/M]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 3:35:22 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Fire Eyes poked her head around the corner opposite a motorized sliding door, retracting as reflecting light from another security device's eye entered her own. The moment she heard its electronic joint whir, the sizzle of a FIRE LASH crackled in front of her, melting the joint and causing the camera to hit the ground with a thud.

The Gym Leader and poison-type turned around to open the door, the hum of its motor attracting the attention of two Rockets in the room. Ignoring them for the time being, he ordered Fire Eyes to dissolve away a nearby red alarm panel instead. Hurling venom-coated spit in its direction, it did not take long for the panel to dissolve.

The two turned around just in time to meet the automatic BULLET SEED weapons' barrels firing shotgun-like sprays their way. Fire Eyes reared, protecting Josh from as much of the barrage as possible, though not all of it. Several projectiles pierced his shoes, the rider hissing as sharp seeds penetrated his feet.

{WC: 170}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Trauma [C/M]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2023 8:03:26 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He was prepared for anything, his eyes fixed on the entrance of the hideout with Volt sticking close to his side. However, he couldn't see much from his position behind the gym leader, so he wasn't exactly sure what had hit the ground. Judging by the size of the thud, it couldn't have been a person; it didn't sound big enough. It also couldn't have been something very small unless it was heavy, so maybe it was a camera?
[break][break]
As they all moved around the corner, he finally got to see what it was and realized that his hypothesis was correct. It had indeed been a camera, another security camera. He hoped they wouldn't come across too many of those.
[break][break]
Already braced, he didn't react when he saw two rocket grunts as the doors opened. He had kind of expected to run into some of them sooner or later, so it didn't come as a surprise. After all, it would be too much to hope that they could get in and out without being noticed.
[break][break]
His eyes fixed on the rocket grunts, he barely paid any attention to Volt moving past him or the actions Josh took. The rocket grunts were the most obvious threat, at least to him.
[break][break]
What he wasn't expecting was the use of Bullet Seed weapons, but he made sure to keep his expression neutral. Luckily, he didn't receive any damage. The Salazzle, Josh, and Volt made sure of that. The closest he came to being hit was when one of the bullets hit the wall next to him, causing him to flinch slightly. It had sounded like a whip to him.
[break][break]
Wary of any more threats, he decided enough was enough. "Volt, do you think you can send a low-powered surge of electricity to disable their weapons?"
[break][break]
Not needing to be told twice, Volt moved to a position where Josh and Fire Eyes wouldn't be in the way of his attack before sending a low-powered Spark towards the automatic weapons. The plan was to use the electricity to short out the weapons without causing any harm to the grunts, or at least any serious harm, if they got caught up in the attack.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,936 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Trauma [C/M]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 5:24:41 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Every seed that missed the duo hit the walls behind them with bright sparks. Being around electric Pokémon, on top of having become familiar with illicit Pokémon-based weaponry from his previous encounters with Rocket, dulled his sensitivity to gunfire. His experience in tense situations may have made him look attractive to Hoenn's military. While not a formal part of the military, Gym Leaders were often asked to help out with Hoenn's military operations. While it was never a formal order, it was a very strong suggestion. Even if it was voluntary with no pressure, Josh would have taken up the mantle of duty anyway.

His blind loyalty to the League had galvanized him into an unquestioning dog.

Volt's SPARK disabled the nearby drone guns with a boom that was a little louder than Josh would have liked. Once the coast was clear, Josh guided Fire Eyes around the back of the hallway. Curving down a small stairwell, the lower level opened into the biggest room they had seen so far. There was computing equipment everywhere, a surveillance device carefully hidden kitty-corner from the two infiltrators, and a map of Hoenn on display, strategically marked with dots of various colors. Taking out his phone, the Gym Leader snapped a picture of the large screen with the map on it.

OBJECTIVE E: COMPLETED

The illuminating flash caught a lone Rocket's attention, the Gym Leader and his Salazzle steed slinking back up the stairwell. "There's so many of them down there. We've got to search for their IT personnel and use them as leverage. I don't like it, but what other choice do we have?" Josh shrugged. There were just too many of them to take on all at once.

{WC: 289}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Trauma [C/M]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 22:41:40 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

The gym leader appeared completely unaffected by what was happening, which made him wonder about the kind of missions the older male had been on. However, now was not the time to ask, especially when they were in the middle of a dangerous mission.
[break][break]
Ever, on the other hand, seemed unfazed as well, quickly adapting to the chaos around him. This was nothing compared to what he had experienced living with his father, which was quite sad.
[break][break]
Nevertheless, the chaos was starting to get to him, causing annoyance. That's why he impulsively told Volt to disable the weaponry without considering the consequences.
[break][break]
Upon hearing the explosion, he let out a displeased sigh. He hadn't intended for it to be so dramatic. His only goal was to disable the weapon and continue with the mission.
[break][break]
Instead of dwelling on it, he focused on moving forward. He believed that the sooner they completed the mission, the better. There was no point in thinking about what could have been done differently, although dark thoughts still lingered.
[break][break]
Pushing aside the negative thoughts, he followed the gym leader as they continued on. He remained alert, hoping to avoid any more surprises. This was unusual for him, as he typically remained guarded.
[break][break]
They passed several rooms until they reached the largest one, filled with computing equipment. While Josh examined the surveillance equipment, Ever kept watch. He knew he wouldn't be much help if they were attacked, but he could at least warn the gym leader.
[break][break]
As the gym leader mentioned using someone as a hostage, Ever couldn't help but wince. He didn't agree with the idea either. "It's better than trying to fight our way through," he reluctantly admitted. It would also save them time, although he chose not to mention that.
[break][break]
"Does the map indicate which areas we should avoid?" he asked, curious as they prepared to follow the gym leader to their next destination. He hoped they had marked rooms with automatic weapons or security cameras.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,936 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Trauma [C/M]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 7:27:14 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
To the freedom fighters' chagrin, there would be no such map of the facility. "What are you talking about?" he whispered, two Rockets discussing a dissection coming dangerously close to Ever's positions but ultimately passing him up. Once they were gone, he breathed a sigh of relief. "That was... way too close. With how tight security is, we might need to find another way to the basement." Even a FIRE LASH, as quiet as it was for a fire-type attack, would surely get their attention on its light alone. They needed a Pokémon that could fire a projectile in complete silence.

"The map we snapped a photo of was of Hoenn, not the lab itself," Josh clarified as he took a different fork to the underground warehouse's other side. "I think we're going to have to isolate two of them, wear their uniforms, and try to blend in. My mug is pretty well-known, so I don't know how effective it will be... unless you have a better plan B? We can't exactly get the information the League wants without leveraging their IT people."

{WC: 184}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Trauma [C/M]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 16:28:04 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

So maybe he should've gotten closer to the computers instead of keeping watch. Of course, he said that knowing that wouldn't have worked. He would've been too on edge to focus on anything that was on the screen. Too busy wondering if someone was sneaking up on them.
[break][break]
Before he could return the question, the older male spoke up once more. True, that had almost ended up with them being caught. Which would've been bad. He highly doubted that would've ended well for either of them. Just the thought made him uneasy. Not that he allowed his misgivings to show. Like always, his expression was pretty neutral, giving nothing away.
[break][break]
As the gym leader explained about the map, he had taken a picture of his usual impassive expression faltered, showing how incredulous he thought the whole thing was. He quickly regained his composure though before speaking. "Please tell me that the only reason they have a map you can easily go buy at the welcome center pulled up on their computer is because they have locations set up on the map that are of secret hideout like this one. Tell me they're not really that idiotic," he said, and although all of what he said was said in a lowered voice, the last part was muttered under his breath.
[break][break]
He followed after him and contemplated the plan. It was a good plan. And he couldn't think of one better. It was a shame they didn't have a Pokémon on them that could just mess with the people's memories. That would've definitely come in handy.
[break][break]
Since they didn't, though, he didn't give voice to that plan. Instead, he decided to give his thoughts on the older male's plan. "I must admit I'm not too keen on the idea of possibly attacking people, but at the moment I can't think of anything better, so it's the best plan we have."[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,936 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Trauma [C/M]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 19:48:24 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Before answering Ever's question, Josh turned a corner toward a room housing the base of a ventilation tower. Fire Eyes reared to look through the door's glass window, seeing a locker room with many Rocket uniforms hanging on a clothes rack. She slowly raised her head to the level of the glass window before discharging another FIRE LASH, shattering the window and knocking the lone Rocket inside onto a painful path to unconsciousness. Opening the door, Josh looked around to make sure the coast was clear.

After waving Ever in, he would shut the door behind them. The Gym Leader showed him the photograph. "Worse. Looks like a map of potential strike points for Rocket operations. One appears to be Mauville. Council will have to decide what to do with it. We're just the messengers." There would no doubt be a myriad of intelligence reports and would have to cross-reference with this one.

The uniforms had a variety of sizes to them, one that would look natural on each of them almost assuredly present. As much as he didn't want to, the Gym Leader withdrew Fire Eyes and changed into an enemy uniform. If Ever were to look Josh in the eyes, he would see disdain and disgust in his face. To Josh, wearing an enemy uniform felt blasphemous. He had done so once already, and if League assignments continued on the trend they were, it wouldn't be the last. "Keep an eye out for surveillance devices, and let's see if we can't blend in and find someone who can lead us to the mainframe room."

{WC: 268}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Trauma [C/M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 3:23:10 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

While he knew it was unavoidable, he still found it hard not to react when another Rocket Grunt was taken out. At least he was only unconscious, though, and not dead. That's what he told himself anyway, to not react. Still, though, it was hard. He didn't like the idea of hurting others.
[break][break]
Once one started, it was probably hard to stop. Not that he would know this firsthand. He had never raised his hand against anyone or anything in his life. It was more like that part of him that still wanted to make excuses for his father, even after all this and after everything he had done.
[break][break]
Inflicting pain onto others wasn't something he could get behind, even if it was unintentional. This was where it would start. And then... he allowed his thoughts to trail off, deciding it would be best not to let his thoughts go there.
[break][break]
What mattered now was finding a uniform to make himself blend in. However, before that, he had to find out exactly what was up with that map Josh had taken a picture of. He hoped it was actually something incriminating and that this hadn't all been for nothing. Though he supposed if that was the case, the gym leader wouldn't have taken a picture of it.
[break][break]
Hearing that it showed potential strike points was definitely something he wasn't expecting. He didn't understand all this. Didn't understand why everyone just couldn't get along. It wouldn't be hard if people just learned to set aside their differences.
[break][break]
"Hopefully they'll come up with a plan to stop them," was all he said. There was more to say, but he wouldn't dare voice it. That he wanted it to be a plan where no one got hurt, even if they were the bad guys. It was weakness to think like that. The kind of thinking that got people killed.
[break][break]
Though he supposed now wasn't the time to be thinking about that. They didn't really have a lot of time to waste and needed to get into one of these uniforms. Something he wasn't really looking forward to. But beggars couldn't be choosers.
[break][break]
Upon looking through the uniforms, he was quick to find one in his size. After sending a glance in the other male's direction, it was clear he had found one in his own size as well and seemed about as happy about having to put on the uniform as he was. That was obvious just by looking into the other's eyes.
[break][break]
Being used to suppressing his own emotions, he wasn't really expressive with his own emotions. Instead, his own displeasure was reflected in the way he held the uniform. Like someone would hold something that was gross.
[break][break]
Resisting the urge to sigh, he finally put on the uniform before turning towards the older male. As he mentioned staying alert and trying to blend in, he nodded. Hopefully, they would fool people long enough to pull off what needed to be done.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,936 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Trauma [C/M]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 5:51:21 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"I'm confident they will," Josh replied with a nod. "The Great One teaches that no matter the hardships we suffer, justice and good will triumph over malice and evil in the long run." How naive, perhaps even misguided, the Gym Leader was. The conflict was far from that simple. Though the Raikou struck at the Lugia's head and the Lugia struck at the Raikou's heel in the Johtonian fable, it was but a fable.

With both in their uniforms, they could easily blend in with the patrolling Rockets and reach the basement. Josh kept a close eye on his surroundings as they passed through the door to the lower level, holding back to put distance between himself and a pair of researchers ready to perform experiments that were without a doubt illicit.

Once the coast was clear, Josh eyed the swaying security device in the hall leading to the main lab area. With the two in disguise, they wouldn't be tripping any alarms any time soon, as long as no one witnessed anything unusual. No longer needing to shatter the devices, Josh whispered for his Salazzle to cover the mounted camera with VENOSHOCK. The corrosive venom melted the ring holding the lens in place, causing it to fall to the ground and shatter.

OBJECTIVE B: COMPLETE

"Alright, let's see if we can find a technician working alone," Josh whispered to Ever as he withdrew Fire Eyes. "And keep an eye out for where they're holding those Pokémon."

{WC: 245}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Trauma [C/M]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 17:09:00 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He seemed to really believe in the league's ability to do good. The young man, on the other hand, couldn't. He had seen firsthand how dark the world could be. In fact, Josh had as well. And yet, the gym leader still clung to the belief that the league would save them from Team Rocket, even after what he had been made to do to get one of his Pokémon. What was the point of it all if they all fell into darkness themselves to triumph over evil?
[break][break]
"Right," was his simple response, his expression giving nothing of his inner turmoil away. Or that he was far too bitter to simply believe that things were dealt with so easily.
[break][break]
Now wasn't the time to be thinking about all that. They had a job to do. Something that was made easier by the uniforms they wore. As long as they acted casual, there was no reason for anyone to suspect they weren't part of Team Rocket. Though luckily for them, they didn't run into anyone as they continued to look for their destination.
[break][break]
One of the rooms they passed made him grit his teeth, and it was only due to the self-control he had that he didn't barge into the room where they were more than likely doing an illegal experiment on a Pokémon. Instead, he chose to direct a glare towards the ground. Luckily, having such control over his emotions, it didn't take long for him to regain his composure and for the emotionless mask to slip back into place.
[break][break]
In fact, by the time they came across the next security camera, he was able to impassively watch as the Salazzle melted away the area around the lens, causing the lens to fall away from the camera and shatter.
[break][break]
Hearing the older male, he nodded, watching as Josh withdrew his Salazzle. Now it was just the two of them since he had already withdrawn Volt a while back. But that was okay; they would draw less attention to themselves if it was just them.
[break][break]
As he allowed Josh to take the lead, he allowed his gaze to scan the area around them. He planned on remaining vigilant as they looked for the Pokémon and a person they could get to activate the computer.[break]