awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
secret: dr
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 23:24:15 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
With something of a foothold an island away, those of the league were preparing to set out on various missions. Many ranking members were among them, and many who were not. Likewise, Ranger Hoffman found himself paired with one of his kind.

Well, not really.

There is an obvious distinction to be made. It's obvious by the furled brow of scrutiny he wears as he approaches . At one point in the past two years, Derek would've found this guy on the other side of enemy lines.

But it doesn't effect his trust. He knows a little about the individual's exploits. The status and titles they held. His character wasn't what was currently in question. It was the experiences he had on the other side.

"You're Remiel, right?" Derek poses the question to be doubly sure about who he's talking to, rather than making the mistake of assuming he knows the face well.
SECRET: DR (RESURFACED TREASURES)
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 8:48:55 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

"That's right," Remiel responds, lowering the volume of the ham radio in front of him as he turns to regard the ranger.

He would normally stand to greet such a comrade with a handshake as well, but he'd already experienced plenty of instances where his hand went disregarded. For now, the royal would simply remain seated as he slowly gauged the other man's attitude towards him. It might just save them a bit of time as they carry on with the assignment.

"And you must be himself. It's a pleasure meeting you at last." He nods, casting a hint of a smile with the comment. "I hope you don't mind, but I've already begun searching for TEAM ROCKET communication channels with my ROTOM."

TESLET, the Rotom in question, peeks out from the ham radio in its ghostly state to blink and smile at Derek for itself. It isn't too long before it dives back inside the piece of machinery, however, leaving the two men to continue their discussion within the encampment.

"I was thinking we deliver some misinformation once we find one. Unless there's something you'd like to relay to our comrades on the battlefield first." He adds.

MP ADDED!

10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission.
50 MP for participation in a RT Battle/Mission.
10 MP for incorporating the faction race's obstacles in a thread.

ONCE PER THREAD

MP THREAD TOTAL 🎟️ 70

[break][break]
SECRET: DR ♔ (1/2)
RESURFACED TREASURE 💰
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 18:50:52 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"What's to mind?" There is a certain etiquette to Remiel he doesn't understand. A Galarian politeness that is beyond him, because the ranger was always a lesser man. Someone to be ordered around because he would never appreciate politics. "It's all a job in the end. Doesn't matter how we execute. Just that we get it done."

The fact such a person regarded him by name was deserving of some form of acknowledgment. Praise surpassed his intentions, and so Derek offers a hand towards Remiel hoping they'd return the gesture in kind.

"Let me know if there's any way that I could help."
SECRET: DR (RESURFACED TREASURES: 80 MP will update actual MP values later)
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 7:05:39 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

It doesn't seem to Remiel that Derek is under the impression that he's putting on some DECEPTION or MASK of some sort. His experience in diplomacy and royal politics gave him an eye for that sort of thing. And, at a certain point in his life, the former ADMIN might have considered such a thing foolish.

But trust was something he'd been slowly relearning himself ever since his defection from TEAM ROCKET. And Derek was placing that trust where it mattered: in the quality and success of their work. Remiel could respect that. After all, talk (or, in this case, rumors and suspicions) mattered little in the face of one's actions.

Needless to say, he takes the offered hand and shakes it firmly. "Right. Well, I suppose I should start by filling you in on the situation. But before I do that... here." He reaches for a small notebook at the corner of the desk and then hands it to his latest partner.

"It's a logbook of codes and cipher systems used in TEAM ROCKET. Some of them have been rendered null, but others have not. The codes that the enemy team we're tracking are using happen to be ones I helped curate. But clearly, they don't know that."

A convenient oversight for this small two-man League team, and one that the supervising ADMIN was bound to punish his or her grunts for.

"Page 43 under 'NORTHERN DRACONID DIALECT CODES'," Remiel adds as he turns his attention back to the radio. "Memorize what you can. You're going live in five minutes while I coordinate an interception."

Rytsas – Hello
Kessa – Yes
Daor – No
Kirimvose – Roger that
Geros ilas – Goodbye
Sōnar mastan - The enemy is nearby
Valar dohaeris – In the glory of our organization
Nerni ōrēs - Hold your position
Tubī daor – You are clear to advance
Ñuho glaeso hūrus - We need reinforcements
Bantis zōbrie issa se ossȳngnoti lēdys - You are surrounded; retreat with haste
Dovaogēdy - Status
Avy jorrāelan - Passcode

POTION BREWING! 🧪

FLASK OF FACADES

5 POSTS REFERENCING "DECEPTION/MASKS/LIES" (1/5)

MP ADDED!

10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission.
10 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon.

MP THREAD TOTAL 🎟️ 90

[break][break]
SECRET: DR ♔ (1/2)
RESURFACED TREASURE 💰
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 8:46:42 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"...Going live?" The thought worries him, but dialing in on a frequency was likely more difficult a task than simple entering commands fed to him.

But did that mean he was going to be speaking to Rockets?

It's quite a thought, and certainly not his kind of tactic.

But considering Remiel's position, it was a considerable thing to do in action against his former friends and allies within their ranks. It spoke to his character.

"...Ñuho...glaeso...hūrus?"

Speaking Draconid felt weird as a non-native of Hoenn, but also kind of cool...
SECRET: DR (RESURFACED TREASURES: 100 MP will update actual MP values later)
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 9:44:10 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn-2"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannertop"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-img"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w-1"]
"I have to go adjust our antenna for a better connection. Cutting out at the wrong time could arouse suspicion." Remiel says as he rises from his chair. "I'll leave my Rotom here to keep an eye on things. You got this, Derek." He smiles, patting the man's back before exiting the small encampment to commence the adjustment.[break][break]

Outside, however, the exiled royal finds himself face-to-face with an encroaching INTERDREAM MIST. He unhooks a Luxury Ball and summons another Pokémon to his side, but doesn't expect the SMOOCHUM that appears. He casts it a disapproving glare for having somehow swapped itself in for the Scizor he'd meant to bring.[break][break]

"Keep an eye on things down here," He commands it before turning towards a nearby antennae tower. "And don't go into the mist."[break][break]

MP ADDED![break][break]

10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission.[break]
10 MP for incorporating INTERDREAM MIST or spawning PARADOX POKEMON.[break][break]

ONCE PER THREAD
[break]

MP THREAD TOTAL 🎟️ 110

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannerbottom"]SECRET: DR ♔ (1/2)

[break][break]

[newclass=.remy-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb b]color:#d49736;letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb i]color:#cecece;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div]height: 8px;margin: 0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div:hover]color:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2 img]margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop div]padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w]display:flex;gap:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(50%) contrast(80%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 10:24:52 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Confidence is instilled by Remiel's hand, though just as quickly snuffed as he overhears that the mist is encroaching on their position.

...Just my damn luck.

An offhand quickly procures a device at his hip, allowing a Kadabra to stand before him. "Follow that man and keep him safe. It's important." The psychic's keen abilities allow it to assess the situation, marching out from the encampment to ensure Remiel could perform his task.

There was really no telling what would come with it, but Derek couldn't bother himself with the thought. He still had a job to do, which meant he needed to study more of Remiel's code. And quickly...
SECRET: DR (RESURFACED TREASURES: 110 MP will update actual MP values later)
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 21:09:46 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]

Remiel scales the ladder and reaches the top of the antennae tower before long. It isn't until he does so that he notices the KADABRA that his followed him out there. Presuming it belongs to Derek, he waves out to it in greeting.[break][break]

Just then, however, he spots something crawling out of the mist. His Smoochum doesn't see it, as it has its back turned to the mist while gazing up at him. And, unfortunately, the SLITHER WING takes a LUNGE at the baby before Remiel can even open his mouth.[break][break]

"WATCH OUT!"
[break]
The Smoochum is mauled and dragged back into the mist before the Kadabra can even turn to see what is going on. Remiel must then presume it is DEAD. Realizing he was wasting time by standing there and gawking at the situation, however, the royal returns his attention to the antennae dish as he calls out to his guardian.[break][break]

"Cover me! I'll get this fixed."
[break]

MP ADDED![break][break]

200 MP for pokemon death (does not stack with KO).[break][break]

ONCE PER THREAD
[break]

MP THREAD TOTAL 🎟️ 320

[break][break]

[newclass=.remy-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(50%) contrast(80%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 21:35:22 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
The Kadabra has it's work cut out, attempting to DISABLE the mist or the thing that'd snatched Remiel's Smoochum. There's really no telling if it worked.

In the meantime, Derek prepares and finishes preparing his next message. Albeit rushed due to the yelling that came from outside. The ranger considered going out there, but knew it would cost them the mission. Had he known a pokemon just died...that might've changed things.

C'mon Devrim. We NEED this.

The connection proves spotty, indicating further that Remiel was not having the easiest time out there. Derek's patience begun to wear itself down as he continued his efforts to execute the command in time...

SECRET: DR (RESURFACED TREASURES: 120 MP will update actual MP values later)
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 22:11:14 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]

The satellite dish is stuck. Remiel's Rotom tries to compensate for the weak signal by adding extra charge to the radio equipment it possesses. Unfortunately, one of the radios overloads instead and explodes. This manages to FAINT the phantom, but thankfully happens far enough from Derek to avoid any injury to the man.[break][break]

"The lever is jammed!" The black-haired royal grunts through his mic as he slams his palm against the mechanism. When he spots a wrench that had been left behind some time ago, however, he pauses to crouch down and grab it. "My Rotom should have you dialed into the right channel. Get ready to go live in three, two... ONE!"[break][break]

And, with one firm crank of the wrench, he manages to break the lever before swiveling the satellite dish in the right direction. The connection strengthens as a result, and a voice calls out to Derek from the other side:[break][break]

"Rytsas? Avy jorrāelan?"
[break]

MP ADDED![break][break]

10 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon.[break]
50 MP for getting your Pokemon knocked out.[break][break]

ONCE PER THREAD
[break]

MP THREAD TOTAL 🎟️ 390

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 0:50:21 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Whilst the Rotom erupts in a shower of sparks and collapses, Derek's Kadabra also falls. The Slither Wing strikes a second time, agitated by the psychic's attempt to disarm it. Still unaware, Derek overhears the prince shortly before another voice comes over the comms.

Shit, that's my queue. It takes a moment, but the codesheet Remiel prepared serves it's purpose.

Valar dohaeris.

Before long, the rockets on the others side are seeking assignment. Clashes are taking place along several islands and fronts, the interdream's mists only fueling the turmoil felt by both sides. Instructingthat they needed reinforcements, just as he'd practiced moments ago, Derek ultimately succeeds in this regard.

When he goes outside to check on Remiel and their pokemon, the shock of seeing it's corpse is evident in his eyes. Though it doesn't last long, as it's far from the first time this has happened.

Derek just thought it was stronger than that. Guess not.

tl;dr
50 MP (Participation)
60 MP (6 Posts)
200 MP (Kadabra Death)
SECRET: DR
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 5:28:56 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]

There is noise down below. Remiel is fairly certain the Slither Wing has dragged away the Kadabra as another victim. Now that a strong wind was blowing from the north, however, the interdream mist was dissipating.[break][break]

Unfortunately, this provided a direct line of sight from the grunt holding his binoculars on a cliffside to Remiel atop the satellite dish tower. Their cover had been blown. At best, they had wasted Team Rocket's time for a little while.[break][break]

"We need to go now!" Remiel calls out to his partner below as he hustles down the ladder. They had done everything they could here.S Staying here any longer would run an unacceptable risk.[break][break]

FIN
[break]

MP ADDED![break][break]

100 MP for completing a RT Mission.[break]
300 MP for "losing" a RT Battle/Mission.[break][break]

MP THREAD TOTAL 🎟️ 800

[break][break]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,349 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 20:14:54 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: