TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
remorse
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 6:41:03 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

a bright light flashed at the shoreline. blood-stained sand exploded into the night air from battles too close by, and she found herself running into attacks not meant for her.[break][break]

”over there!” she pointed towards the cover of rocks near the island’s hillside, where she hoped she could find brief respite to calm herself. the shadow alakazam accompanying her obliged, teleporting them to a temporary hiding place.[break][break]

the war was not over for her, but she would let cillian think it was. it was his turn to feel hurt, angry, alone. abandoned.[break][break]

on the other side, the moon stared down at her, judging. she stared back, tears wetting her cheeks as her heart pounded in her chest.[break][break]

she did not regret a word.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-alakazam"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
remorse
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 7:04:47 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian's heart thunders in a chest so tight it feels as thought it might burst.[break][break]

"Find her, Scathach."[break][break]

The shadowed Luxray does not know who she is, nor what had transpired in the moments before being released from her ball, but the parted jaws of the lioness quickly catch the scent of corruption. Her pupils dilate as a rumble rises in her throat.[break][break]

Without waiting for further signal, she begins to run.[break][break]

Lugia has no trouble keeping up.[break][break]

Scathach leaps upon an outcropping of rock and yowls challenge to the stars, luminous yellow eyes set amidst a SCARY FACE meant to paralyze her prey. That alone would not be enough, however. Not with the power of a psychic shadow on 's side.[break][break]

So, as soon as Lugia lands with a force to shake the earth, Cillian commands that very shadow as MIASMA billows around it.[break][break]

"Hold her."[break][break]

Lugia's overwhelming PRESSURE demands compliance.[break][break]

It was the first time Cillian ever used his powers against his own sister. His hands shake as he looks at Lulu with betrayal in his eyes.[break][break]

"Take it back."[break][break]

A demand. A plea.[break][break]

Most shadow Pokemon will be obedient to Cillian as long as he can direct that aggression onto a target and if Shadow Lugia is on the field.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
:monkaknife:

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,725 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
remorse
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 8:17:46 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

the yowl was too close. when she turned to witness the shadow on the rocks, she found herself unable to move, pinned beneath its gaze through the dark.[break][break]

she felt the familiar pressure as lugia drew near, without having to see it. a wave of cold fear washed over her.[break][break]

her hand reached for a pokeball, but she found herself straining to move under the psychic power of her own shadow alakazam. its corrupted red eyes glared wickedly at her.[break][break]

she was alone.[break][break]

avoiding the devastating gaze of lugia altogether, her eyes met his with unwavering resolve despite it all.[break][break]

”no.”[break][break]

it was almost difficult to utter under the weight of such power bearing down on her. her heart pounded harder, still, defiant.[break][break]

”i won’t… i’ll say it again.”[break][break]

after a couple of panicked breaths that she thought might very well be her last, the voice that followed was wild, loud, hurt, honest to the bottom of her soul screaming at him.[break][break]

”you’ll have to kill me too! fuck! you’ll have to kill me first!”[break][break]

she strained futilely against the forces of a god, reaching for any weapon.[break][break]

”put me out of my fucking misery, gavin merlino!”[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
remorse
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 14:07:40 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Her words rake as claws across his heart, blood welling in their wake.[break][break]

"Don't call me that!"[break][break]

He'd settled too long into the skin of a pretender. It wasn't his own. It fits too loosely now. To hear her accuse him with the name he'd shed in loyalty to Rocket and because of the very fool she thought to protect—[break][break]

"Don't make me do this."[break][break]

His voice breaks as the anger gives way to grief in full.[break][break]

He'd sworn to stand by her side, should turn on her. Should Rocket turn against her unjustly. But he hadn't promised to protect her against her own stupidity in turning against them.[break][break]

His jaw trembles with the force of withheld emotion, eyes shining with unshed tears. He can still hear her tiny, terrified voice upon that ship, half-whispering his name. Cillian?[break][break]

Horrified at what he'd done. At what she was trying, now, to make him do.[break][break]

"I love you," is whispered, raw. "Please."[break][break]

Yet the chains of psychic shadow are not released.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,725 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
remorse
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 21:17:41 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

’who do you work for?!’[break][break]

she had nearly died for cillian once in ’s apartment. under the councilman’s foot, in a puddle of her own blood and vomit, as her ghosts picked away at her soul at the command of tapu fini, and she had still not told him in those days of rocket’s hiding. she worked for no one, she had insisted.[break][break]

it had been to protect family that she’d still been getting to know again. it had been for love.[break][break]

his rage cracked quickly, yet she was held there. imprisoned. imprisoned for too long.[break][break]

imprisoned by galar. imprisoned by fear of the dragons. imprisoned by corruption of the council, wickedness of rocket, and family.[break][break]

”no!” no more![break][break]

”just get it over with! the world’s ending, anyways!”[break][break]

the pressure made her strain to maintain her volume. weariness forced her voice to soften, yet more energy was spent in the soft sobs that followed.[break][break]

”i’m so tired...” tears fell freely down her face, glistening under the moonlight.[break][break]

”do it!” she screamed again.[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
remorse
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 20:41:33 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Once, she had implied a welcoming of the world's end.[break][break]

In this moment, as her voice is rendered raw by desperate screams, Cillian recalls his first assumptions when he'd found that note in their hotel room. Her most precious Pokémon entrusted to him, no trace of her left behind.[break][break]

He'd thought she'd gone to end it, as she'd always wanted.[break][break]

She'd seemed surprised at his assumption, when he'd told her he'd feared the worst, but Cillian looks at her now with his rage and grief softening to a twisted sort of pity.[break][break]

"Is that what this is?" he demands. "Suicide?"[break][break]

It would be so easy for him to draw the gun and fire.[break][break]

She was defenseless.[break][break]

"You want me to do what you couldn't? You want that on my conscience for the rest of my fucking life, while you get to give up on it all?"[break][break]

He shakes his head. The tears have begun to fall against his will, streaking pale tracks down war-dusted cheeks. Moisture collects above the scar tissue of a blow that had almost taken his head off.[break][break]

Watery eyes shift to the Alakazam.[break][break]

"Let her go."[break][break]

Then back to her.[break][break]

"If you want to die, pull this shit with Walsh. Not me." His voice isn't cold. It shakes with grief and regret. 's MESPRIT had shattered his composure, his ability to maintain the mask. "Otherwise, for fuck's sakes Lulu, come home."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,725 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
remorse
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 22:05:42 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

his accusation twisted a knife in her gut she hadn’t realized was there.[break][break]

it had crossed her mind before. she couldn’t just defect as others had, after all, to escape this life she had created. she despised the league in a personal way few could understand. she would give them nothing, and they’d ship her back to prison in galar at the first given opportunity. her only option would be to flee the region, and there was no energy left.[break][break]

but she didn’t desire to leave, either. she had tried, and she was back, and she knew that after spending so long searching for him in the beginning and damning herself to prove her worth, turning away would only leave her lost in the end. rocket was her home.[break][break]

so, when he so eagerly approached a battle she could not bear to watch, she begged for rest instead. end it.[break][break]

but the end did not come.[break][break]

the alakazam released its psychic hold on her. she sputtered, speechless at first. through the dark and blur of tears, he was difficult to see, and so her gaze merely fell away. she felt unworthy, and that felt like death.[break][break]

she realized, then, that this was only the beginning of worse times. that this was bad and still she was stuck. would be stuck forever, in a submarine, toiling away sleeplessly in pursuit of the salvation of a world that hated her. hated them.[break][break]

”home…”[break][break]

she coughed, and then became hysterical. a bit of laughter spilled out from the fraying seams of sanity. then, she charged at him, not reaching for any weapon, but attempting to shove him as hard as she could.[break][break]

”fuck you! how could you!”[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
remorse
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 22:44:10 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

He half expects her to run away.[break][break]

When she runs toward him, instead, hysterical laughter bubbling on her lips, it catches him off guard just enough for her desperate shove to land. He staggers back a step before planting his foot.[break][break]

This close, she might hear the way his breath shudders.[break][break]

"How could I what?"[break][break]

He's sure he knows, but...[break][break]

"Say it."[break][break]

They've been building toward this storm since she'd returned, hadn't they?[break][break]

He folds his arms, not only strengthening his stance but also subtly restricting access to the gun he kept tucked in its chest holster.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,725 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
remorse
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 22:53:06 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

perhaps surprisingly, she did not carry a gun. only a knife big enough to get her out of trouble, and pokeballs containing creatures that some would find terrifying but he would surely laugh at just as much.[break][break]

it didn’t deter her. she shoved, and managed to send him back a step, and that was something. it felt good, at least.[break][break]

she reached out to do it again.[break][break]

”how could you hunt your own brother! monster!”[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
remorse
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 23:00:51 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

This time, when she shoves him, Cillian stands firm.[break][break]

But her words find purchase where actions fail.[break][break]

Monster.
[break][break]

She was not the first to call him by that name, but perhaps the only one to make it hurt.
[break][break]

"He betrayed us!"
[break][break]

She had not been there to see his face when he'd read the letter. She hadn't seen the tears before he'd allowed the rage to consume him. She'd only seen the mask he wore for . Cold. Unfeeling.
[break][break]

Yet one thing was certain: if he had the chance, he would hunt . He would kill him.
[break][break]

"Walsh could've fucking killed us both, yet you defend the one who struck first? How could you?" Rowan had been the one to turn. Cillian had promised to protect him! To shield him from the worst of Rocket. And he'd been repaid by treachery that could've cost him his life! Finally, Cillian speaks the words he's feared to for months: "You'd choose him over me?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,725 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
remorse
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2023 0:15:43 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

he didn’t budge. a couple of defeated punches against his folded arms would surely get her nowhere too, but again, it felt good.[break][break]

she hadn’t worried about cillian much. if anything, she had assumed her own death would be walsh’s requirement to reaffirm his loyalty. as much work as she had done for team rocket, she had never felt irreplaceable. there was plenty of brilliance in the world, ripe for corruption. she had done enough recruiting to know.[break][break]

she blinked away tears to see him more clearly, and the look in her eye pleaded with him, don’t make me answer that.[break][break]

”what is it that he’s betraying? you lured him into a dark world, and when you found out who he was, you pulled him in deeper. did you feel like it was out of love? her tone might seem to imply he wasn’t capable of such a thing.[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
remorse
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2023 0:43:51 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Lured him?" Cillian spits.[break][break]

His anger sparked anew, Cil blinks away the tears that had welled in his eyes. His jaw sets into a hard scowl.[break][break]

"Who told you that? Rowan? He acts like he had no fucking agency in agreeing to join a terrorist organization." He doesn't shy away from what Rocket is. What he is. Monster, Lulu called him. "He wanted power, and I told him Rocket could offer that power. For a price. Do you think he didn't know what he was getting into?"[break][break]

Cillian had asked what he knew of Rocket, and Rowan had replied with the typical answer: murderers, psychopaths.[break][break]

"He likes to pretend that I tricked him, somehow. There was no trick. He gave me what I wanted and I was ready to let him walk out of that cave with no strings attached as long as he stayed away from the League. He made his choice!"[break][break]

A finger is jabbed as if to emphasize his point. He doesn't budge against any of her shoves. The sadness is gone from his eyes, chased away by the rage she's renewed in mentioning the sob story his brother had so often parroted to him.[break][break]

"I tried to protect him, Lulu! He never had to kill anyone; he killed a single Pokémon by accident and acted like we'd turned him into a demon." No. Rocket had turned Cillian into a monster, with claws and teeth and the horrible MIASMA that spreads around him now as his emotions spike. They'd only shown Rowan how weak he really was. "I owed him nothing. Blood means nothing to me. What has blood ever done for us?"[break][break]

It wasn't blood that made him love , but bond.[break][break]

Rowan hadn't been there for him during the formative years of his youth, hadn't chased him across regions. Rowan had left his left as abruptly as he'd entered it, and Cillian was supposed to risk that life in defense of him?[break][break]

Fuck that.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,725 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
remorse
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2023 1:27:32 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

she had never been close enough to rowan to know how he’d truly acted towards cillian. more closeness had been between the two brothers, and she had watched on curiously from a distance, inept at forming any such connection.[break][break]

it didn’t matter. rowan was blood. they had become not two, but three, which was still so few, but it was a family of some kind.[break][break]

‘blood means nothing to me.’[break][break]

though she’d been asking for death only moments prior, now that it had passed, the words were chilling with no accompanying reassurance.

his rekindled anger was made clear by the swirling of miasma, but her own was dying now, burning dim into ashen sorrow. her eyes were full of disdain and heartbreak for what they had both become.[break][break]

what had blood done for them? never mind what family had truly failed them so long ago.[break][break]

”it has made us rich, and damned our souls.”[break][break]

the next was not a threat, but a promise, and he would not need her to see it through.[break][break]

”you will regret it.”[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
remorse
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2023 1:50:09 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian can see her hurt, but he doesn't take it back.[break][break]

"I made myself rich," he says firmly. "I damned my own soul. But at least I can fucking admit to it."[break][break]

He was so tired of people pretending they were innocent as they shed Rocket's influence in their lives, condemning him as a monster as if they hadn't made those same, terrible choices. How dare they think themselves better than him?[break][break]

How dare think himself better, when he'd put Cillian's life in danger to serve himself?[break][break]

"No." His voice softens as the rage bleeds from him, his spiking emotions settled. "No, I won't."[break][break]

It would hurt. It might damn near kill him to do it, but it was necessary. Why couldn't she see that?[break][break]

"He shot first." A metaphor. "Yet you take his side over mine."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,725 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
remorse
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2023 2:17:12 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

”that’s what i mean, cillian! the blood on your hands! on ours! what we’ve done!”[break][break]

she knew what she was, and she would rot with the choices she had made. death, at least as it was meant to be in their world, was almost always final and forever. she had written too many endings, cut short too many stories. robbed too many children of their own family.[break][break]

she would hope to not have to commit such terrible acts again, but ultimately, she would follow their orders. no real meaningful change, only more regret. protest as she might, she would never leave his side.[break][break]

at least in the cold submarine laboratory, she could continue to attempt to do some good.[break][break]

she was wordless for a moment, before hanging her head. ”no.” it was quiet, as though saying it softly enough would somehow make it less real. as though it might be easier to forget that she’d made such a decision at all.[break][break]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing