jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
579 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
BATTLE: JACK VS BARNABY [RT]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 22:29:28 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jackpost"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Jack's heart thudded in his ears as battle raged in the chamber where the League and Rocket forces vied for control of the ice-coated door. His Magnezone fired off another tri attack into the chaos of the battlefield as Jack scanned the chamber. His eyes caught sight of the masked figure from the beach and the world seemed to slow around him. The blood pulsing in his veins became unexplainably loud, drowning out the sounds of the battle as Jack's eyes focused in on that cruel mask. With almost nightmarish quality he remember the way the knife had felt when the figure had rammed it into his shoulder.[break][break]

The revving sound of his magnezone's zap cannon charging up overcame the sound of his heart beating and Jack grabbed the pokemon, rotating it in the air - aiming it not at the masked figure's pokemon but at the trainer themselves. Jack's vision blazed with light as the thick beam of electricity shot out across the chamber.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

MP total: 10 (posts) + 50 (participation) + 10 (faction race obstacle) = 70[break]
Magnezone uses Zap Cannon on Barnaby.[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.jackpost]--accent:#00ffff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jackpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 1:19:37 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstempbarnaby"]
[attr="class","body"]

wasn't expecting a reunion so soon.[break][break]

From across the chamber a familiar LEAGUE dog made himself known. Crackling energy from his MAGNEZONE warned of redemption, giving Barnaby enough time to release a suitable counter.[break][break]

A dark-hided CAMERUPT materialized onto the field and PROTECTED her master just in the nick of time.[break][break]

"What a welcome!" The ROCKET admin taunted behind the veil of his Pokémon's protection. He locked eyes with before continuing, "Missed me that much, did you?"[break][break]

Whistling lowly, Barnaby instructed his CAMERUPT to continue once the ZAP CANNON had subsided. She didn't move, however, but simply YAWNED in the direction of the MAGNEZONE.

[break][break]

[break]

TOTAL: 210 MP[break]
+ 150 MP for RT battle[break]
+ 50 MP for participation in an RT battle/mission[break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in an RT battle/mission

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","credit2"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby"]--accent:#796477;font:13px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .credit1"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .credit2"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
579 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 3:20:33 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

It was obviously too much to hope that the zap cannon would have vaporized the masked figure. For all his boldness, Jack had only earned further taunting.[break][break]

Even the Rocket's Camerupt seemed to be taunting him with that lazy yawn; a yawn that was infectious. Jack's Magnezone yawned in response and Jack felt a flicker of annoyance that this climactic battle between good and evil was turning into naptime.[break][break]

"Get it together, mate. Set up an electric terrain," Jack commanded irritably.[break][break]

Energy surged from the Magnezone, sparking along the floor of the cavern as it swept out around them. Electricity crackled over the metal surface of his pokemon as the wave of energy pushed back the drowsiness. Jack's skin prickled with an electric charge as he locked eyes with his foe.

NOTES

MP total: 20 (posts) + 50 (participation) + 10 (faction race obstacle) = 80[break]
Magnezone uses Electric Terrain and avoids falling asleep.[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.jackpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 2:46:43 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Though the Electric Terrain didn't do much to Barnaby's CAMERUPT, it did nullify the effects of the bovine's YAWN. How irritating.[break][break]

Still, they had the type advantage here. There was no rush to move in; CAMERUPT did not operate in that manner. She was a stalwart wall, meant to keep her opponents at bay. The MAGNEZONE would need to come to them if it wanted a way through to the great, ice-covered door behind .[break][break]

A low whistle signaled his instruction. The Eruption Pokémon squared up in response, FOCUSING her ENERGY for a future attack.[break][break]

"How's that shoulder holding up?" The ROCKET admin asked in the meantime, clearly amused by the rematch.

[break][break]

[break]

TOTAL: 220 MP[break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in an RT battle/mission[break]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","credit2"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
579 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 18:38:10 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

The shoulder wound seemed to throb at the masked figure's taunt, the burning sensation of his nerves reminding Jack of their past battle with a heat that was not wholly physical. He gritted his teeth as his temper flared, ready to go on the offensive while the Camerupt focused her energy.[break][break]

That arsehole is goading me into recklessness. The realization struck him as he was about to give another attack command. Magnezone was a capable ranged attacker and was at a disadvantage in the battle; he wouldn't do much for himself rushing in.[break][break]

Instead he raised his uninjured arm in a cheerful wave while his other hand gave the masked figure the middle finger.[break][break]

At Jack's command, Magnezone raised a shimmering light screen in front of them, briefly warping the image of the masked figure as it settled into place.

NOTES

MP total: 30 (posts) + 50 (participation) + 10 (faction race obstacle) = 90[break]
Magnezone uses Light Screen.[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 23:57:27 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

was smarter than he looked.[break][break]

Barnaby, goading him into recklessness? Yep, that was exactly what he was doing. But it didn't appear to work on the ranger. Instead, he offered a friendly wave and the middle finger. [break][break]

A 'fuck you,' huh? How crass.[break][break]

"Don't make promises you don't plan to keep." The admin warned, his tone oddly pleasant given the circumstances. As he spoke, a hand slipped into a pocket on his outer thigh.[break][break]

Suddenly, a flash of metal whizzed past Jack's face and embedded itself in a crack in the stone wall behind him. [break][break]

A throwing knife, courtesy of Admin Bee. It was a warning that even though their Pokémon separated them, there were still avenues he could take to subdue the ranger.[break][break]

The hurtling of the knife was perfectly timed with his CAMERUPT's EARTH POWER. If it hit, its power would be dampened by the MAGENEZONE's LIGHT SCREEN. Still, given the the Pokémon's immense weakness to Ground-type moves, the damage would be substantial.

[break][break]

[break]

TOTAL: 230 MP[break]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","credit2"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
579 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 17:53:03 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Jack didn't have time to blink before the throwing knife struck the rocks behind him, the sound of metal on stone sending a shiver down his spine. The mirth of flipping off the masked Rocket evaporated as fear settled back in.[break][break]

Did they miss their shot or are they toying with me?[break][break]

Jack responded more quickly to the earth power as he brought his good arm up to shield his face from the explosion of stone and dirt that erupted around him. Panic gripped him as his Magnezone faltered, sinking to the floor before weakly hovering back into the air with an unsteady wobble.[break][break]

Tersely, Jack ordered Magnezone to fire off a tri attack, hoping that combination of heat, ice, and electricity might afflict the Camerupt enough to slow her down if the League managed to make it through the doorway or Jack needed to beat a hasty retreat. Either way, he knew he needed to do something soon because Magnezone was barely hanging on.

NOTES

MP total: 40 (posts) + 50 (participation) + 10 (faction race obstacle) = 100[break]
Magnezone uses Tri Attack on Camerupt.[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 20:53:55 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Toying with him, of course.[break][break]

It was hard to resist when made himself such an enticing plaything. [break][break]

Even so, there was a time and place for such an indulgence. And, unfortunately, their time was up. Behind , the giant door began to creak open...[break][break]

"Take the hit!" The ROCKET admin instructed his CAMERUPT, knowing she could take the blow without being knocked out.[break][break]

The tri-beamed energy hit his bovine Pokémon, causing her to backpedal a few paces. She took a few moments to compose herself and reorient, but quickly retaliated with another EARTH POWER.[break][break]

However, this time it wasn't aimed at the MAGNEZONE. Instead, CAMERUPT used her powers to erect a wall of earth and stone to block off.[break][break]

Then, without further prompting, Barnaby returned his Pokémon and made for the door.

[break][break]

[break]

TOTAL: 240 MP[break]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","credit2"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
579 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 21:41:22 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Even in the chaos of battle, Jack knew when the door opened. The air, the mood, the vibe of the cavern seemed to change because of it. Still he kept is eyes on his opponent, all too aware of what might happen if he looked away. When the tri attack hit home, Jack suppressed a frown, ready for the retaliation he knew was coming. Instead, the earth power erupted between him and the door.[break][break]

"Shit, always one step ahead of me," he grumbled to his Magnezone as he reached up and grabbed the throwing knife that was still lodged in the wall, "but might as well get a souvenir out of it."[break][break]

Racing around the wall with Magnezone puttering weakly along behind him, he spotted the back of the masked figure making for the door along with the rush of League and Rocket forces. With grim determination, he grabbed hold of his Magnezone and rotated him toward the receding figure with an order to charge up a final zap cannon. Jack knew he was too far off to hope for an accurate shot but he wanted to provide a parting gift anyway.[break][break]

When the thrumming electric blast of the cannon fired past him toward the masked figure, Jack sheathed the throwing knife in his boot and limped toward the door.

NOTES

MP total: 50 (posts) + 50 (participation) + 10 (faction race obstacle) + 150 (battle completion) + 250 (draw) = 510[break]
Magnezone uses Zap Cannon on the masked figure.[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 22:17:22 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

knew the ranger would follow. The earthen wall was just a deterrent to buy time.[break][break]

So when he heard the telltale sound of crackling electricity, he was already prepared to sprint ahead — but not before raising his own middle finger as he passed through the threshold of the mighty doorway.[break][break]

Whether Jack saw the gesture or not didn't truly matter. His focus would likely be on the ZAP CANNON and how it hit a different ROCKET operative, causing him to crumple to the ground with an agonized groan. [break][break]

As passed by on the way to the door, it would be difficult to tell whether he'd killed the man or simply rendered him unconscious. All he'd see was a motionless, smoldering body. If the grunt wasn't dead, he was at least gravely injured to a life-altering degree.[break][break]

The smell of burning flesh would follow into the belly of the mountain.

[break][break]

[break]

TOTAL: 500 MP[break]
+ 250 MP for "tying" an RT battle/mission[break]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","credit2"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,341 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 3:11:32 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: