Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
145 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
Try new things [C/M]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 15:49:51 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg3"]

[attr="class","header"]REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIES

[attr="class","setting"]

Hades was surprisingly docile for a Zweilous, rarely displaying aggression unless he felt his trainer was threatened. Fortunately, his aggression was only directed towards other Pokémon. However, he worried that there might come a time when he would become aggressive towards a person out of fear that something would happen to him. While he appreciated his Pokémon's protective nature, he didn't want them to go too far and harm someone.
[break][break]
In an attempt to help Hades with his temperament, he had requested training for him and someone named Shalin had agreed to help. After confirming the meeting location with his aunt, they decided to meet near Fortree along route 120. The specific location didn't matter to him as long as it allowed Hades to burn off some excess energy through exercise.
[break][break]
Feeling a bit nervous, he decided to ride Tempest to the meeting place while allowing Hades to fly overhead. Once they reached the meeting point, he dismounted Hades but kept one hand on Tempest to ground himself. Despite his nerves, he couldn't help but feel curious. It was this curiosity that had initially led him to learn how to ride Pokémon, and now he was quite accustomed to it, at least when it came to riding on land.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg3]position:relative; --accent:#A81717; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/C1qczWmH/IMG-1611.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg3 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Try new things [C/M]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 5:31:37 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Not every ticket a Ranger worked involved high stakes. At times, Rangers were dispatched to help trainers control their unruly or otherwise untamed Pokémon. It felt like a vacation to the Rustboro Captain. When the ticket's client mentioned the need to train up some dragon-types, Shalin got the idea to bring her own dragons - not to train them, but to train herself. Her Sygna Suit might be a bit intimidating to one who has never seen them, but it was needed for what she wanted to do.

As the sun created above the rainforests of Route 120, the noise of humming wings may have caught Shin's attention, particularly as its source came closer. Their drone, though similar to a bug's, did not sound as harsh as that of a Beedrill. With the absence of snapping noises typical of a bug's wings, Shin may have been able to deduce the buzzing was coming from a Flygon.

{WC: 156}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Treble        Kommo-o        Good
Sonnet        Kommo-o**      Good
Piccolo       Noivern        Good
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
145 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
Try new things [C/M]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 16:53:43 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Tempest tensed under his hand. It took a few minutes for his own sharp hearing to catch what Tempest had already sensed. A low humming sound that seemed to be growing louder. Frowning, he furrowed his brows as he tried to identify the source of the sound.
[break][break]
Feeling Tempest quiver beneath him as a low growl rumbled, he stroked the electric-type Pokémon to calm her. It worked, and the canine Pokémon quieted down. Now that he wasn't distracted by any other noise, he could focus on the sound.
[break][break]
As he concentrated on the sound, he began to recognize it. 'A Flygon,' he thought, slightly perplexed. He hadn't expected to encounter a Flygon all the way out here. Was it someone's Pokémon? If so, was it lost? Those were the only possibilities he could think of as the Flygon drew nearer.
[break][break]
Not for the first time, he wished he could actually see what was happening. It was challenging to rely solely on his hearing and not be able to witness the events himself. However, he knew he would have to make the best of the situation with the resources he had.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + I’ve never had a Hydreigon in my Pokémon party in the games. The only time I’ve seen Hydreigon in the games was Mystery Dungeon: Gates of Infinity

[newclass=.blbqimg3]position:relative; --accent:#A81717; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/C1qczWmH/IMG-1611.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Try new things [C/M]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 6:28:08 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
As the redhead drew closer, Shalin recognized them from RangerNet: this was the person she was to rendezvous with for helping train some dragon Pokémon. The buzzing would have become louder to Shin as the two made their approach, only ceasing after they touched down. The tenured Ranger turned toward her partner. "Shinobu?" she asked the traveler whose description matched what she was given online. "Captain Shalin Nariya of Rustboro. And this is Sandy," she gestured to the Flygon, unaware that her partner could not see.

"The client we're supposed to be training dragon Pokémon for shouldn't be too far," Shalin added, pointing in the direction of the nearest city. "They're not in Fortree proper, but they're close enough to be considered part of the municipality. Supposedly they've got a Salamence that's... giving them a hard time with being broken in."

{WC: 143}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
145 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
Try new things [C/M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 20:34:22 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

The buzzing grew louder until it just stopped. He could only assume that it was because the woman and her Pokémon had landed. That thought had barely crossed his mind before she spoke, proving his assumption.
[break][break]
As she inquired if he was really the person she was supposed to meet, he inclined his head. "That's me," he said before listening to her introduction. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Shalin and Sandy," he said, shifting uncomfortably. He was pretty sure that Sandy was a Flygon but....
[break][break]
"Sorry, from the sound earlier, I would have to say Sandy is a Flygon. I'm blind though, so...." he trailed off. The thing was, without any sound, he wasn't exactly sure where the Pokémon was. "I'm not sure where she's at," he finished at last, whatever discomfort he was feeling earlier seeming to have gone away.
[break][break]
As she explained their mission, he nodded. Though that did bring to mind his own companions. "Oh right, this is Tempest," he said, gesturing to the Manectric at his side. "And Hades, my Zweilous, is somewhere nearby. He's pretty docile for a Zweilous, as long as he doesn't think I'm in any danger anyway."
[break][break]
All of his Pokémon were protective of him. But for some, like Hades, he wished they were less so. He didn't really need to be worrying that Hades would hurt someone because he thought they posed a threat to Shinobu.
[break][break]
"Do you know a lot about Salamence?" he inquired, curious before continuing. "I must admit, that's not a Pokémon I've had many encounters with, if any."[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Try new things [C/M]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 21:31:03 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"You're very observant!" Shalin complimented, impressed that Shinobu recognized the Pokémon by the sound of her wings alone. "She's underneath me," the Ranger implied she was riding the Pokémon. "Well... her wing is underneath me, that is." Perhaps that was a bit too much. Though it was true that Sandy was lifting Shalin off the ground and onto her wing, it may have been difficult for a blind person to truly appreciate how wild and radical the idea was. It may have been difficult to visualize how she looked when she was still, let alone vibrating fast enough to make noise.

"Your Pokémon remind me of my friends. Do you know ? He's a Gym Leader." Not knowing where she was going with bringing up her friendship with the Mauville Leader, Shalin turned her attention to Shin's concern about Salamence. "I'm in the process of raising a Bagon to be one. Admittedly, I've never ridden on one before. Hopefully they're not too uncooperative."

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
145 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
Try new things [C/M]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 16:30:07 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Hearing her compliment, his face heated up in embarrassment. "Thanks, attention to detail is kind of my thing," he said before realizing what he had just said, causing his face to heat up even more. Seriously, had he just said that? His aunt had been right about his flustered state when it came to getting complimented. Though she forgot to tell him the part about it making him stupid.
[break][break]
"What I mean is, with my career, attention to detail is a must. If I don't pay attention to my surroundings, I could end up getting hurt," he managed to explain after the blush had died down. Hopefully, she wouldn't think too hard about his earlier response. Man, that had been embarrassing.
[break][break]
As she explained where Sandy was, he was about to thank her, but before he could, she resumed speaking. Her next comment confused him. What did she mean by that? Was the wing literally under her, or was she pulling his leg? Because he couldn't imagine something like that. Seriously, wouldn't that be dangerous? It seemed like there would be the risk of whiplash or worse. Of course, he had no idea that she had a sygna suit.
[break][break]
Deciding to swallow his questions, figuring it would just confuse him more, he decided to just focus on introducing his Pokémon. As Josh came up, he couldn't help but perk up. "Oh yeah, I know him. He gave me riding lessons. Though I didn't have Tempest at the time, my aunt found someone willing to give one up after I had met him. We met up again for a battle, though it wasn't a gym battle," he explained.
[break][break]
As she mentioned training a Bagon, he nodded. So it didn't seem like she knew much more than he did. Well, that was fine. They could learn together. It would just be a learning experience for both of them.
[break][break]
"Should we get headed that way?" he asked as he swung himself back onto Tempest's back.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Try new things [C/M]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 18:24:25 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
If Shin truly had the level of attention to detail that he advertised, he would have picked up on the Ranger's remark. Without being able to see, it would be hard to imagine what she was doing using her suit. Holding on with all four limbs, she gave the command for her Sygna Pokémon to demonstrate that she was not pulling the trainer's leg. "Make sure you don't blow anyone's eardrums out, okay?"

With that, the Flygon's wings began to hum and vibrate in a low pitch, just barely fast enough to make noise. Though Shalin was still visible, recognizing facial features would be nearly impossible, with the green glow of Infinity Energy radiating from her suit and from the sheer speed of the wingbeats. As fast as it was, she didn't even let out a whoop; it would take a lot more than that to get her adrenaline pumping to the point where she would shout.

Were Shin paying attention, he might have been able to notice one wing was beating a lot more loudly than the other. She really was sitting astride it while it was buzzing, wasn't she?

Once the demonstration was over, she would slide off the wing and take a seat on the dragon's back, like a normal person would. Still a bit woozy, she exhaled, Sandy's reins in hand. "Lead the way!" After giving Tempest some distance, the Flygon would take off after them, the ground-type's wings humming pleasantly, loud enough to be noticed but not loud enough to drown out conversation -- or the wind.

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
145 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
Try new things [C/M]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 2:16:05 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He was confused about what was about to happen. Since there was no way for him to blow out someone's eardrums, he had to assume she was talking to her Flygon. Perhaps she was trying to show him what she meant by her earlier comment. He had to admit it made him curious.
[break][break]
As Sandy started up, he listened to the sound of the humming. The humming was in a low pitch, making it easy to differentiate between the sounds. The sound coming from one direction didn't sound as loud, meaning one wing was beating louder than the other. It was definitely a surprise to find she hadn't been trying to pull the wool over his eyes.
[break][break]
"I've never known anyone to ride the wing before, isn't it dangerous?" he inquired curiously before speaking once more. "Seems like it would give you whiplash."
[break][break]
Once he was sure she was ready, he would urge Tempest to start walking. Trusting Tempest not to run into anything, he barely wasted time on guiding her, only giving her verbal commands every now and then if he felt her veering off course.
[break][break]
Soon enough, they would find themselves at their destination. Even then, he would get off Tempest until the person they had to help greeted them.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Try new things [C/M]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 23:11:59 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It was impressive that someone who couldn't see what Shalin was doing picked up on such an outlandish concept. "It's only possible thanks to the sync Sandy and I have!" the rider chirped, still a bit shaky from having been thrown about at incredible speeds. "I'm still trying to fully understand what my Sygna Suit's capable of. Got a long ways to go."

At last, they had reached a clearing in the jungle: a plsce where there were only a few trees in their way. "This is about as good as it will get for practicing with our dragons," Shalin gave her announcement to help Shin understand his surroundings. "With how destructive dragons can be, having a place as wide open as possible is important." She slid off the Pokémon's back again, both of them glowing a faint green as the Infinity Energy channel between the two opened up.

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
145 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
Try new things [C/M]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 2:50:57 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

At first, he wasn't sure what she was talking about. What did she mean by sync? It wasn't until she mentioned a Sygna suit that he realized what she was talking about.
[break][break]
Sygna suits weren't actually something he had given much thought to, but he had heard of them. One had to be pretty new to the region or living off in the middle of nowhere not to have.
[break][break]
"This is the first time I've run into someone using one," he admitted.
[break][break]
"I've heard they're capable of amazing feats, but being someone who spends most of their time as a chef, I actually haven't given too much thought to them," he confessed.
[break][break]
The conversation as they rode petered out as they reached their destination. Hopefully, a clearing big enough for them to train in.
[break][break]
Getting off Tempest, he called out to Hades, and soon enough, the Zweilous had joined them, landing beside Shin. Feeling the Zweilous come up beside him, he smiled and petted the dragon.
[break][break]
Hades, for his part, watched Shalin and Sandy.
[break][break]
As Shalin confirmed they were in a clearing, he nodded. "That's good. I don't feel like destroying any nature," he said with relief.
[break][break]
Now that he didn't have to worry about them destroying nature, he could relax and focus on what they needed to do. Though he wasn't exactly sure what the training would entail. Were they meant to battle?
[break][break]
"How are we going to go about this?" he asked at last, moving a bit away from Tempest, with Hades following close enough that it was a wonder Shin didn't trip.
[break][break]
Seriously, Hades was nearly as bad as Yuki, considering how clingy the Alolan Vulpix could be.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Try new things [C/M]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 22:49:08 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar

"They're still prohibitively expensive to produce," Shalin replied, trying to fill in the gaps of Shinobu's knowledge base. "They require you to have a nearly perfect bond with the Pokémon you want to sync with. That can take years to achieve. Is there a Pokémon you love more than any other? If so, that might be a good one to work on syncing with if you can gather the materials... and the capital to cover the ones you can't find on your own."

It was a minor miracle Shalin had a suit at all; she had come across all the materials in her ruin-diving adventures. And it was worth it for the out-of-body experiences it enabled her to partake in. Many of those experiences would have seriously hurt or even killed her without her suit.

Shalin cooed as he watched the Zweilous and trainer bond. "You and your Zweilous have the start of it, it seems. Just a thought." To manifest the Sygna bond, trainer and synced Pokémon truly had to become one. That was how Shalin felt when she was in her suit: that she and her Flygon were one entity. Anything one could do, the other could, too. She wondered if the Flygon would rodeo a large enough wild Pokémon like a Gyarados, if given the chance, given how the suit linked their aspects to one another.

"That's honestly... entirely up to you," she asked, popping a second Poké Ball open, the hum of a Kommo-o's rattling scales reaching Shin's ears if he was listening. "It can be teaching your Pokémon how to do something new, or refining an existing skill. As for me... my suit doesn't just let me withstand my Flygon's wing vibration. As long as she's present, our bond keeps me safe from most kinds of extreme motion."

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
145 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
Try new things [C/M]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 6:07:26 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Seemed like he would need to start saving up. Being a business owner, he was fairly well off, but it was still good to manage his money and make sure he had enough to spend on extravagant items he didn't necessarily need.
[break][break]
The whole bond thing wouldn't be much of a problem. He was pretty close to all of his Pokémon. But the question was, who was he closest to? If you asked him, he would probably say it was a toss-up between Venus and Hades. The Serperior had, after all, been through so much with him and was usually the one who would remind him to eat when he got caught up doing something, practically shoving the food at him. If Hades was the father type among his Pokémon, then Venus was the mother type.
[break][break]
"I love all of my Pokémon equally, but if it's a close bond, I would have to say either Venus, my Serperior, or Hades. They've been with me the longest, with Venus being the one I started my journey with. Yuuki, my Alolan Vulpix, I got around a year ago. She's needy though. All my others I received more recently," he explained.
[break][break]
At the mention of his Zweilous, he smiled. "Yeah, we're close. I caught him before a really dark time in my life. Him and Venus helped me through it. While I pushed people away, they were always there."
[break][break]
While he was more than happy to continue talking about his Pokémon companions, he couldn't help but be a bit curious about her own bond with her Pokémon. "How about you? How did you get so close with Sandy?" he asked her, his head turned towards her.
[break][break]
As she mentioned that what they did was up to him, he frowned, his expression thoughtful. That was a bit tough. But he supposed there was one thing they could do.
[break][break]
"I would like to work on Hades' Dragon Pulse. He seems to lack control with that move," he admitted, resting his hand on the Zweilous' side.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Try new things [C/M]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 17:36:41 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin listened to the stories of each one of Shin's favorite partners. They all seemed good candidates to craft a suit out of. "The powers Sygna Suits can bestow upon people are truly limitless. If you can track down an Ice Stone for Yuuki and evolve them, you might be able to see again while you're synced with your Pokémon," she proposed. It would, of course, require a Pokémon that had a metaphorical third eye. Perhaps if Yuuki was a Kantonian Ninetales instead, it would be a lot easier. "Something to think about!" While Sygna Suits themselves were extremely rare, one of their more typical uses Shalin saw was to overcome a physical disability.

Shalin blushed and giggled for a bit before giving her answer. "This is gonna sound... deranged, but one of the reasons was to.. do exactly what I just showed you." It was a whimsical reason, but it was an honest one. "I got the inspiration from seeing a Beedrill fly in slow motion one day." It had its applications, though they were narrow in scope. Such were the powers of the suits: incredibly niche in nature as to not step on the heels of true Avatars. Even so, she made the most of them, both in fun and in practicality.

"Great!" the Ranger chirped. "That's a wonderful idea. Were you looking more to work on accuracy or on distance?" Either way, she would give Shin a hand with setting up the exercise. "Once I've got you set up, I'm going to see if I can hold onto Sandy's Bug Buzz a little longer than I have been."

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
145 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
Try new things [C/M]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 20:20:02 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He had not given much thought to being able to see again, even if only for a bit. The last time was when someone had proposed that he get surgery to regain his sight, something he hadn't taken kindly to. He had come to terms with his blindness. And yet, the chance to actually see what his boyfriend looked like was hard to pass up.
[break][break]
"I never really thought about doing that. It's been three years since I lost my sight, and I had come to terms with blindness. But being able to watch what's going on in a battle would be nice," he said, deciding not to mention the main reason he would consider something like that. Just the thought made his face start to heat up in embarrassment.
[break][break]
Mentally shaking himself, he continued to speak. "Of course, if I went that route, I wouldn't stay linked to my sygna suit when it comes to my career. I actually didn't learn to cook until I lost my sight, so it would mean relearning the way I did things," he explained, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.
[break][break]
And that had been the main problem when someone had mentioned him getting surgery to fix his blindness. He would have to relearn how to do things with his job. There was also the fact that it wasn't his eyes that were the problem, but the part of the brain that relayed information to his eyes.
[break][break]
As she went on to explain that she had decided to sync with Flygon so she could sit on its wing, he couldn't help but be amused. "My parents were pretty lax with me growing up, but they would have had a heart attack if I even suggested doing what you do," he said with a chuckle.
[break][break]
Considering the question, he pondered the best way to answer. "Every time Hades uses the move, it seems to implode. Not being able to see, I'm not sure what the problem is. I do know that Dragon Pulse isn't supposed to cause damage to the user," he explained. Perhaps he was trying to put too much power into the move or something.
[break][break]
Though he knew he had to work on his own problem, he couldn't help but be curious about Shalin's problem. Perhaps one day he would be able to picture what she was trying to do.[break]