6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
orchard oriole [dw]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 22:16:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"The closer matches are more entertaining for us, too," Josh replied. "Ever had a day where just every single challenger you get has no clue what they're doing? It gets so boring." The prospect of close, exciting matches not only meant more educational opportunities for spectators, it also meant higher ticket sales. Though education was the main purpose of Hoenn's Pokémon Gyms, hence why they received League subsidies, it was still important, at least in Josh's eyes, for Mauville Racing Grounds to remain profitable. He eventually wanted the Gym to be profitable without accounting for his generous League stipend. If he could get that figure out of the red and into the black, it would give him so much more job security and not have to cull his ranks in the event he had to step down as Gym Leader.

"Mind counting me in on that test run?" Josh asked. Scolipede were huge, capable of seating several people on their backs. "It'll help me decide whether I like it or not." He truly did want one of every common Pokémon that could bear a rider, didn't he? He wondered how much he had spent at his favorite saddlery in Verdanturf. A small, if not a mid-sized fortune, at least. It was all worth it to him, though. He could not only follow his passion for racing, but share it through every challenger. Before long, there would be serious money to be made in the sport in Hoenn -- and possibly attract people back to the region despite war tearing it asunder.

Another loud purr from Pura startled Josh. "I think she wants to go for a run, Lam," he idly remarked. "I'll try to stay in sight, but she has a mind of her own."

passing!

{PC: 6}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikiri       Zeraora        Good
Screech       Linoone        Good
Mirri         Delcatty       Good
Pura          Purugly        Good
Expresso      Espathra**     Good
Xira          Yanmega        Good
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
orchard oriole [dw]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 18:46:11 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MALAMAR APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SUCTION CUPS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NIGHT SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWITCHEROO
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYCHO CUT
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SNEASEL APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INNER FOCUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCREECH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCRATCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

CAUGHT THE TRANQUILL!
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,524 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
orchard oriole [dw]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 3:14:22 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango lam"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

“I agree! Really gets your energy pumping.” There was nothing quite like a close match. The slower ones…were maybe not as exciting, but not totally invaluable. “Oof, yeah,” Lam puffed out a breath, “those days feel never ending. His head tilted side to side, considering. “But of course, those are usually the best for teaching experiences. Really lets you see where the improvement is needed in some skill sets.” Either way, there was something to be gained from each day.[break][break]
“Sure, you’re the overland pro,” Lam shot him a thumbs up, “I won’t know much on form and technique, myself.” In all likelihood, he’d set the scolipede loose, only to be like, hehe it runs funny. The bug type itself was pretty cool, though, and Lam had been working with poison-types a bit more, only because of his boyfriend’s sway.[break][break]
A laugh followed Pura’s boisterous sound. “She’s raring to go! Go for it– no worries. We should probably head back soon ourselves.” It wasn’t like he was about to take all of the other gym leader’s time. In fact, he looked to his spinda, who was provoking a sneasel… by tripping over it.[break][break]
“Disengage peacefully, Daisy!” Lam called out, “I should go take care of that!” As he jogged toward her, the spinda swayed, lulling the irritated sneasel into a HYPNOTIC slumber.

[break][break]
[break]
Catching sneasel! // normal/dark[break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".lam"] --accent:#83B130!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
orchard oriole [dw]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 4:41:57 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Every victory over a challenger was not only a great teaching opportunity, but it was also a chance to share his passion for Pokémon riding with the challenger. It was tradition for him to offer a ride across the Gym's concourse while discussing the battle, what the challenger did well, and most importantly, what could be improved. Criticism, in Josh's mind, was not helpful without also telling the one being criticized what they are doing well. A path to improvement was also important. "I can help fill those gaps for you!" Josh offered.

Pura grew more and more impatient as the two gabbed back and forth. It was an important conversation, but not one the Purugly fully understood. "See you at Mauville Gym!" after waving goodbye to his fellow Leader, Josh squeezed Pura's sides, the moody cat zipping down the road at speeds such a rotund Pokémon should not have been able to achieve.

passing!

{PC: 7}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikiri       Zeraora        Good
Screech       Linoone        Good
Mirri         Delcatty       Good
Pura          Purugly        Good
Expresso      Espathra**     Good
Xira          Yanmega        Good