Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
SPACE-TOUCHED [S]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 22:06:05 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Several days had passed since Zev's fateful encounter with Necrozma in Ultra Space. He had regained his energy and submitted his report to Team Rocket's leadership. But one matter that remained unaddressed brought him to the submarine.[break][break]

He found in the laboratories, as expected. She was assigned her own station, where she could conduct her experiments and assist with other research. Zev had visited her there before, back when they still thought they could find Necrozma or attract it to them with an excess of infinity energy.[break][break]

But those days were over.[break][break]

Zev knocked on the door to announce his presence before letting himself inside the lab. "Soyeon. So you're still alive," he said, scanning the room for exits and ambush spots—an old habit. His voice was cold and distant, containing no hint of concern for her actual well-being.[break][break]

Nevertheless, he gave her a critical, assessing look. She did not look injured or otherwise affected.[break][break]

"What happened to you after we were separated?"

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
197 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
SPACE-TOUCHED [S]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 2:26:29 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Soyeon had been busy typing up another report of her own, though focused solely on some of the ice fragments that had been transferred from The Silent Icelands. In some attempt to study the structures of the ice caused by Kyrum there, and hopefully find some way to either reverse the effects done to it, or to help weaponize it in some way. This was interrupted by the sight of a familiar face entering her portion of the lab. One that elicited a gasp from the woman.

"Zev? You're alive?!" Soyeon asked incredulously, standing up as she turned in her seat and to and face them. "I was worried that Necrozma had consumed you like it did with those sources of light." The woman offered her hand to shake with his, though she wasn't sure that he'd return the favor. Regardless of whether he did or not, Soyeon would see to answering his question.

"As you know, I was thrown into another wormhole opened by the Necrozma before you had been separated. I won't bore you with the details, but it was a long, winding trip back to our dimension. I got dropped back where we had left at, but felt ill for a day or so. I didn't want to bother them any, so I waited. But when I did return and get diagnosed, it seemed like a common physical illness. Except for one thing."

She grabbed a small vial that had been sealed shut with a few droplets of her blood. The very same that had been taken from the infirmary.

"They asked for a blood test and the results came back normal, maybe a bit too full of chocolate..." Soyeon said, slowly pushing the drawer full of dark chocolate candy closed with the back of her feet and hoping he didn't notice. "But it showed "abnormalities", in their own words. I've been trying to look after it in my own time when not flooded with my actual work, but no luck. They seem like typical red blood cells."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
SPACE-TOUCHED [S]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 3:33:56 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev nodded at Soyeon's shocked exclamation, though his expression remained coolly neutral. His eyes flickered to her outstretched hand before returning to her face. He did not shake it.[break][break]

"Thankfully, I'm not made of light." No, he was made of something much darker. "Necrozma took me to another universe before returning me here, also by wormhole."[break][break]

The information was trivial; with the rifts to the Ultra Wilds open, passage into other universes was something many people had done without great issue.[break][break]

Tilting his head, Zev regarded the vial of blood Soyeon held up. "Abnormalities?" He crossed his arms over his chest. "If they're not physical, they could be supernatural. But if all that happened was that you returned here, then maybe it's nothing."

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
197 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
SPACE-TOUCHED [S]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 9:28:02 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
"It's more than likely just that." Soyeon agreed while her eyes fell onto the vial for a moment. It was more than likely not too much of an issue if it was all out of her system. She shouldn't worrying so much over it, but still, something nagged at her that she should be paying more attention to it. Maybe it was just that perfectionist in her? Such a curse to bear for a mind like hers.

"So what happened with you after we were separated? It's not every day that a legendary Pokémon pulls you aside. Knowing you, I can't imagine fighting wasn't involved. Did you learn anything else while out there? You've got to tell me everything!"

Soyeon pulled up a clipboard and readied herself to take notes with her eyes shimmering full of wonder. There was not one bit of doubt that something interesting didn't occur when they had forcibly parted ways with one another. Otherwise, why would the beast just waste time throwing her away like she was a used wrapper? She twirled a pen in her free hand and looked up at Zev.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
SPACE-TOUCHED [S]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 23:47:30 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev leaned against a table, his hands in his pockets. He considered how to answer her question. Though he'd sent the rest of Team Rocket leadership a report on the events that had transpired, he'd omitted many details. He saw no reason to share them with grunts like Soyeon, either.[break][break]

So he settled on an abridged version of his own report. "Necrozma took me into another dimension," he explained. "The Megalopolans had built a city there, presumably after their home had been destroyed. They noticed us and started to attack."[break][break]

Of course, it was Zev who had instigated the fight, but no one needed to know that.[break][break]

"There was a tower in the city that the Megalopolans tried to use to kill us, but we destroyed it before they could activate it."[break][break]

Reaching into a pocket, he pulled out a folded piece of paper. He unfolded it, revealing a pencil sketch of a sun-like symbol, and handed it to Soyeon.[break][break]

[break]

"This symbol was at the top of the tower. Have you ever seen anything like it in your studies of Ultra Space?" Zev asked.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
197 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
SPACE-TOUCHED [S]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 0:36:54 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Soyeon couldn't have blamed the Megalopolans for making a new city in another dimension. There was very little that they could really do, stuck in Ultra Space where they were. The news still came as a shock to her, to know that Necrozma had taken Zev there, of all other places! The woman thought to herself of what it could have looked like, Zev defending himself from the terrifying Pokémon alongside other residents of the city.

"You lead such an exciting life, I can tell." Soyeon said while scribbling down a couple of things on her notepad. Just the basic gist of what he had told her. She was a little let down from the lack of anything of note.

Until then he showed her a crumbled up scrap paper with a crude drawing of a symbol on it. Was it some sort of sun or something?

"How curious…" Her fingers tapped against the side of the clipboard in a rhythm, sketching out a crude version of what the symbol looked like. "I haven't come across that in any of my studies. Do you have any other details about it? Was it on a banner? Floating in front of the building? It would help a lot in narrowing this down."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
SPACE-TOUCHED [S]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 1:21:21 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev shook his head. He reached out his hand to take his paper back from Soyeon, then paused, noticing that dark crystal had risen to cover the skin there.[break][break]

Odd. He hadn't thought to summon it.[break][break]

Willing the crystal away, he found himself feeling a tinge of disappointment when it sank back into his flesh. But he brushed that emotion aside and took the paper from Soyeon's fingers.[break][break]

"It looked like it had been carved out of the top of the tower. We think the Megalopolans were using it to channel the moonlight into power. They called it 'the False Sun', but of course, it never fired."[break][break]

Zev tucked the paper—and the hand holding it—back into his pocket.[break][break]

"It's concerning, though, that they thought they could harness enough power to harm Necrozma." And for eons, the white-haired woman had said.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
197 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
SPACE-TOUCHED [S]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 8:13:01 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
"Hm, The False Sun..."

Soyeon reached for her tablet stylus, chewing on the end of it in thought as she began to pace around with the details Zev had for the moment. This was turning into quite the little mystery Zev had on his hands. While she would be happy to help him however she could, the scientist did have her reservations about whether or not he would welcome such help.

"I can understand them wanting to harm Necrozma, but there's clearly some contention with these two Megalopolan groups. The one we went to together clearly hold him in reverence, that being giving him those crystals from before. But if the group you ran into desire to harm it, I'd suspect there's some differences in opinion at play."

Soyeon paused, looking back at Zev as she looked over her notes from the interview with a free hand. She pulled up what she had in some attempt to brainstorm up something that could help. Or at least humor him a bit. "So which camp would that put the General in? He wants Rocket to capture Necrozma for their gain, but I don't imagine he wants to kill it. That would be their chance at a power source snuffed out permanently."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
SPACE-TOUCHED [S]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 22:51:02 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Velmos holds it in reverence, too," Zev agreed. "The Megalopolans are willing to grant our organization the entire territory of their lost city if we restore Necrozma to them. We won't, of course."[break][break]

That, at least, should have been obvious. One did not simply hand over that which gave one an advantage over others.[break][break]

"But as Velmos and Cotillard are our allies, we can use them to our benefit. There are still reports of rogue Megalopolans camping out in Hoenn's countryside, kidnapping people and eating them."[break][break]

He recalled the reports from and about the encounter in the swamps near Fortree City.[break][break]

Zev rubbed his chin with a hand. Crystals rippled across his skin, mottling his flesh with void-black spots. "We'd be interested to see how those Megalopolans react to Necrozma's hypothetical return."

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
197 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
SPACE-TOUCHED [S]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 23:49:24 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
The concept of hungry Megalopolans staging out in the woods and kidnapping people for substance made Soyeon a bit more uneasy. Something about cannibals staging a little meet and greet while biding their time made them a liability to any poor camper or hiker that may wander into the area. She exhaled in annoyance and then shook her head.

Soyeon looked over at the little crystals on Zev's flesh that were bundled in little clusters as he thought to himself. A pang of interest came to her as the woman came closer to observe them. "Has your body been reacting differently to being within proximity to Necrozma? I'm not too knowledgeable about the science behind your powers, but if they do deal with light and darkness, it's something to note."

It was just a bit of humanity inside of her, caring for a man that could care any less about her. Maybe it was just a sort of quirk of hers. Regardless, she focused back on the actual subject matter, she continued to brainstorm with Zev.

"What exactly do you think the Megalpolans in Hoenn would do if they got word of Necrozma's return? I doubt they would in a mood to listen to us if we had their god in shackles. But if Velmos and Cotillard could tell them to stand down, would they? Their people are so shattered at this point. And this is all assuming that we can manage to even catch it, let alone keep it to ourselves. Do you have any plans about that yet? You can take down megalpolans fine with those claws, but I doubt you can take something like that alone."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
SPACE-TOUCHED [S]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 15:24:21 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

At Soyeon's question, Zev glanced down at his own hand, dotted with crystals. He willed them away, but with great reluctance—as if hiding them was antithesis to his very being.[break][break]

For a moment, he considered lying to her. But she was an intelligent woman, and she could see with her own eyes what was happening to him. And so he said, "The crystals come out on their own more. They have always had a mind of their own, though."[break][break]

His eyes narrowed at the mention of shackles, of capturing and keeping Necrozma. The memory of his patron's pain, caused by eons of torment and suffering, bubbled to the fore of Zev's mind.[break][break]

"There's no need to capture it," he said, his tone icier than a moment before. "I know exactly where it is."[break][break]

Pausing, he forced himself to relax the tension in his body. Soyeon was not the enemy.[break][break]

"As for the Megalopolans, I don't think the rogue ones will listen to Velmos or Cotillard. But whether they will stand down if Necrozma were to appear here again is something that remains to be seen."

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
197 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
SPACE-TOUCHED [S]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 20:30:50 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
The diagnosis, while brief, did make Soyeon make a note to herself in her notes. The chewed up stylus waggled away as she didn't pay much mind to it. She couldn't understand Zev's powers or much of how they worked, but just in case the detail would be needed, she'd have it available.

His icy tone did cause her to wince as he responded to the whereabouts of Necrozma. A tone that he hadn't taken with her yet. Soyeon quietly nodded in response, maybe even trembling a little at Zev. "N-Noted..."

He went on about the Megalopolans stuck in the woods, alongside Velmos and Cotillard's forces, with Soyeon nodding her head and adding a few notes to her tablet here and there. Just some updates was all.

"Which brings us to the present. What are we going to do now, sir? Assuming you would still want my assistance that is. I'm more than happy to help at this point, anything to get out of the lab for a while. Maybe without being thrown into a wormhole again."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
SPACE-TOUCHED [S]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 3:28:39 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"The symbol I showed you—I need information on it, as much as you can learn," Zev said. "If you encounter reference to it anywhere in your research on Ultra Space, I want to know."[break][break]

He had set others on the task as well, though Soyeon was the person most willing to assist him. Perhaps her eagerness would result in her success.[break][break]

The Rocket Beast moved toward the door of the laboratory, but paused before exiting. "What happened after you were thrown into the wormhole, by the way? Did you just end up back here?" he asked.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
197 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
SPACE-TOUCHED [S]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 10:32:08 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
It looked like Zev still had some use of her. He gave her some directive to go off of, which was finding out what the symbol he had seen when Necrozma had taken him was and stood for. A mystery that she herself couldn't help but want to discover as well. The woman gave a nod of her head to the beast.

"I'll do my best to find something. Perhaps it might be best to go back into Megaopolis again, just to search around a bit more. If you know any candidates or people willing to go, I'd greatly appreciate you sending them my way."

It wasn't long after that he went to leave before turning around and asking her about the exit from the wormhole. It was a pretty simplistic answer that Soyeon had given a few times. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

"Oh, I was dropped off in Route 124. Couple that with the sickness and it made getting back home take a little while. I'm fortunate a nearby surfer had found me clinging to one of the rocks."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
SPACE-TOUCHED [S]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 1:28:14 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

A wave of relief washed through Zev. It seemed Soyeon had not received any special powers herself, suffering only a brief illness as a result of her traversal through the Ultra Wormhole.[break][break]

If she had—if Necrozma had chosen both of them—he would have been more than a little chagrined. He was the only person like him, after all.[break][break]

"Fortunate. Yes. That's good." Zev gave Soyeon a nod, his expression perfectly neutral, betraying none of his thoughts. "You know how to reach me."[break][break]

Without waiting for a response from her, he walked through the door, leaving her to resume her work in peace.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]