6,963 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Catching Up [S]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 22:23:05 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had heard of the dark city by name, thanks to his talks with . "Ultra Megalopolis, right?" he asked in confirmation. At the mention of the undead, Screech got antsy, shifting about like he just wanted to run. Josh stood up and withdrew the Linoone, in his place a Raichu whose saddle covered most of his back. The electric rodent was huge - he had to be approaching the limits of how large the species' genetics allowed him to be. "This is Toralf, one of my newer electric Pokémon." The Raichu lifted his tail into the air, the bolt stretching taller than even Yuina. That tail was long.

"Wait, you got your blue uniform?" a surprised-looking Gym Leader asked. "Congratulations! That's a huge accomplishment. How did your promotional exam go? Mine was supervising relief from last year's Hurricane Yellen that caused a lot of Ever Grande's coast to be wiped out."

It was how Josh got involved in the war, too. At first, when he was in Dewford previously, he helped out around the League's stronghold. This time, he was on the front lines. "It also didn't help that I ended up locking horns with... a god."

{PC: 8}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Screech       Linoone        Good
Toralf        Raichu         Good
Mirri         Delcatty       Good
Luna          Liepard        Good
Goose         Unfezant       Good
Etali         Kilowattrel    Good
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Historian/Anomaly Ecologist
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,872 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Catching Up [S]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 2:06:25 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Huffing and shifting on his hooves a bit, Bos swung his tails around as he changed stances, but was otherwise still content with lounging in the fields as he watched the wind brush through the grasses around them. Yuina sat atop the Tauros still, as Josh spoke of the place that she had been to. Megalopolas? She hadn't heard the name yet she didn't think, but that had to be why the race was referred to as Megalopolans if she had to guess...[break]
His Pokemon became distressed, and he released another that looked... Familiar? But different... Yuina was trying to put her finger on it when Josh congratulated her on her rank in the ranger organization. She still wasn't sure that congratulations was merited... she wasn't sure that she did anything really to earn it...[break][break]
"Uhm, yeah, thanks... I didn't take an exam... At least I didn't think so? I went to Megalopolis with , and didn't know he was a leader in the organization at the time... Then I'd gone through the situation in the swamps and the volcano, and the island and stuff, so I guess he just saw something that... Was like an exam," Yuina explained, though what she wanted to say most was that he saw something in her that she was still looking for... Hoping that it was actually real, whatever it was... But that was an intrusive thought that she didn't want to entertain, not now... She'd been fighting herself over it ever since she was given her armband, she was getting sick over it.[break]
Instead she glanced back to the orange Pokemon that Josh brought out, she had to know what it was...[break][break]
"Your Pokemon... It looks like a Raichu, but not... Why does it look so different," she wondered, it looked a lot like Nimbus, but had none of his most important characteristics? Maybe it wasn't fully evolved? Or maybe Nimbus wasn't fully evolved yet?

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,963 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Catching Up [S]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 3:39:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
was a bit soft in Josh's eyes. It wasn't a bad thing, but as a Head Ranger put the Gym Leader through the School of Hard Knocks before letting him wear a blue uniform. Directing a large-scale operation was so stressful. It was second nature to him now, routinely in charge of such rescue operations. He even had an entire pride of Pyroar for Rangers to mount up when covering large areas was needed. They were for the most part friendly and cooperative, though some still needed work on being completely controllable. They were a wild species, after all!

The mention of a volcano caught Josh off guard. "What volcano? I didn't read any Ranger reports about seismic activity since Chimney earlier this year. I would assume you're talking about that?" Little did he know of the expedition-turned-rescue that had organized, the entire operation kept under wraps. It was an operation whose details he did not have access to, even with his Elite Ranger credentials.

"Who, Toralf?" Josh asked, giving the oversized rodent a gentle pat on the head. "Toralf is very much a Raichu. A really big one, but still a Raichu." He slid off the electric-type momentarily to allow Yuina a good look at the saddle the Pokémon wore. It covered most of the creature's back, but still looked fairly comfortable and functional. Toralf slowly walked toward Yuina and gently bumped her if she allowed it. "Are you speaking of the subspecies of Raichu with psychic powers?"

{WC: 253}
{PC: 9}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,872 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Catching Up [S]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 0:42:51 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Glancing to Josh again at his wondering about the volcano, she found it a bit strange that he didn't know? Or maybe there were still just so many events going on at once they were all starting to blur together... That's what it felt like, as Yuina just kind of started to go over for herself everything that had happened in just the last couple of months, everything that she was telling Josh. It was all just one big blur...[break][break]
"There was a volcano, a whole island that showed up just like the one around Dewford, in the ocean around Meteor Falls. There were Tera Crystals all over it, and some kind of shrine or other that a giant Charizard had drawn power from... It's... Well, it sounds crazy saying it out loud, but nothing should surprise anyone around here it seems like. Island just coming up from the ocean out of nowhere feels like it shouldn't happen more than once," Yuina elaborated, it was a crazy concept to think about, right? Or was she too becoming numb to the commonplace that was catastrophic events around the region? She really had had a trying last couple of months...[break][break]
Taking a moment to swing a leg over Bos' broad shoulders, Yuina slid down from his back and came down on the ground as Josh explained a bit more about the electric type that he had. It... Was a Raichu? But, why did it look so different? It was cute, and Yuina smiled as it nudged up against her, but she was awfully confused.[break][break]
"Uh.... I guess? Is this the same reason why people look at my Samurott like its different? Why is Nimbus a sub species and yours isn't," Yuina wondered as she took out a Pokeball, and she did in fact have the psychic type Raichu that Josh referred to. She was really confused still, only have just started to scratch the surface of things, if you were to ask her Nimbus was a Raichu and what Josh had was a different kind of Raichu.

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,963 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Catching Up [S]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 22:36:47 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The island at Dewford had come and gone, as did the volcano Yuina mentioned. This wasn't the first time such a landmass had appeared in Hoenn; there were Mirage Islands that seemed to waver in and out of existence. "It's not as unbelievable as you think. Something similar happened with me last summer. Off the coast of Pacifidlog was an island. I ws one of a bunch of people that got sucked up into what looked like a digital world. So much happeened when I was in there. Were you at the Ancient Tomb when the Galar stuff went down?" Josh asked Yuina. "I didn't know it at the time, but I saw one of the Pokémon that appeared there in that digital world. It's a really long story. I can tell you if you want, but we'll be here a while."

The confusion Yuina showed was understandable; being a Gym Leader left Josh exposed to so many different kinds of Pokémon that he gained knowledge of species and subspecies by challenger volume alone. "I think it has to do with time of discovery. The psychic Raichu was discovered almost twenty years after the Kantonian breed you see me on."

The mention of a strange Samurott got the Gym Leader's attention. "I think I know what you're talking about, too. Want to take an aquatic Ranger ticket? I can show you Fumiko and Toshiro. They're both Samurott but look quite different."

{PC: 10}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,872 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Catching Up [S]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 16:59:04 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Josh elaborated a little bit more on how it really, at this point, wasn't outlandish that islands just popped up out of nowhere and Giant terastalized Pokemon ruling volcanoes, or that the dimensions were so common place now and that this was just kind of the way things were... It was still a lot to unload, and a lot to take in...[break]
"Uhm, maybe next time... I'm still trying to wrap my head around just the last couple of months, I know I'll need to learn so much more about what's gone on in the region if I intend to protect it as a ranger like you, but I think I'm full on catastrophic events for just a little bit," Yuina returned, she would hear stories and ask for information and make sure that she understood a situation before jumping into things in the future, but the more and more she and josh unloaded and pushed out into the open, it was getting just a little too heavy. They should both try to take a reprieve while it felt like they could.[break][break]
"Yeah? Sure, any time, I'll always go on missions with you Josh. I haven't before, but I should have thanked you a long time ago for being so open to teaching me and bringing me on board. I really appreciate you."

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,963 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Catching Up [S]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 21:13:21 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Yuina's declination was understandable. It was a long story, and one world-ending apocalypse was plenty for her to think about, let alone all the world-impacting, but less signiicant, events they had both been through. Her sudden thankfulness prompted Josh to walk toward her and hug her if she allowed it. "Thank you. Hearing you say that means so much to me. Seeing you in a blue uniform... Yuina, I'm so proud of you. You'll have your own team of Rangers to oversee, just like I do."

With that, it was settled. "I'll keep an eye out for tickets we can take on the waves." With that, Josh carefully climbed onto the giant electric vermin's back, holding Toralf's short reins and giving the Elite an idea what the two looked like together.

{PC: 11}

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Catching Up [S]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 18:18:45 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven