Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
birefringence
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 1:36:45 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

They'd battled the confines of a tight submarine to finally get to the depths of the ocean, where the Seafloor Cavern awaited. Here, in one of the deepest caves in Hoenn, TERA CRYSTALS had burst forth in some of the greatest numbers anywhere in the region.[break][break]

It was an area worth exploring and, potentially, investing in.[break][break]

Which was why brought his fellow admin here.[break][break]

This was their first operation together after the events that had transpired in the Cave of Origins... where Jayden had been chosen. Or stolen, depending on how you looked at it.[break][break]

Barnaby felt comfortable enough around to not beat around the bush or skirt around polite decorum anymore. Given this, he was rather blunt in asking,[break][break]

"How are you handling the effects of Chien-Pao's..."[break][break]

What to call it?[break][break]

"Influence?"

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
birefringence
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 18:31:56 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaybirdy"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"] "..."

[break][break] How many people had asked him how he was handling the effects of his influence? How many answers had he given? How many times had he fought himself unable to answer?

[break][break] Too many times to count.

[break][break] Slicking off the water off his uniform into sheets of ice that then shattered onto the seafloor cavern, Jayden merely blinked at , as if the expression on his face was all the answer he needed to say.

[break][break] "I'm alive," he said after a moment. "Is that not the desired outcome?"

[break][break] Barely.

[break][break] His eyes flickered over to the Ruinous Beast that had accompanied them to this difficult terrain. For a brief, flickering moment — that creature looked about as harmless as 's beloved Odette, curled upon a bed somewhere in the Admin's apartment.

[break][break] It shook it's fur of water crystals, then blinked up at Admin Bee, the same as Jayden had mere seconds before.

[break][break] "Though," Jayden supplied. "I suppose Underboss Fiorelli had tried to kill me."
[attr="class","jayooc"] [break]
tera tunneling: act i

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-crow"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".jaybirdy"]--accent:#8463D4;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .postbody img"] float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin: 5px 21px 11px 1px; height:90px; width:90px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; } .luck .postbody img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody .jayooc"] width:250px; margin:15px auto 0px; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
birefringence
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 22:03:24 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

met the eye of the RUINOUS BEAST beside his fellow admin, unflinching as he considered how to respond, before his gaze trailed back up to .[break][break]

"I'm glad you survived, Jayden." There was sincerity there, and perhaps a tinge of worry. Though CHIEN-PAO offered superhuman power, Barnaby knew it came at a cost.[break][break]

He'd had a unique look at the effects brought on by WO-CHIEN. struggled, even now.[break][break]

"But I don't think that was anyone's best day." The dual-influence from both BEASTS had heightened everyone's emotions to a dizzying degree. They'd honestly been lucky no one lost their lives.[break][break]

However, was well aware that, sometimes, death was the more merciful outcome.[break][break]

"What does it want from you?" It being CHIEN-PAO.

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
birefringence
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 16:13:32 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"] "Thank you, Bee."

[break][break] The words were said in-kind. He too was appreciative of the other's confession, though both knew that it was superficial. At the end of the day, survival meant nothing in the way of the organization's success.

[break][break] Such things were what it meant to be a Rocket.

[break][break] Or at least, Jayden thought so.

[break][break] Contemplatively, he glanced back at his patron at 's line of questioning. What do you want from me? It was a question that Jayden simultaneously knew and did not know. He did not know if it was a feeling he could put into words or something he could even say aloud.

[break][break] It was an ache that filled the center of his chest and merely sought to be filled.

[break][break] Violet eyes shifted back towards the other admin.

[break][break] "It's not about want," he said instead. "It's about need."

[break][break] CHIEN PAO channeled itself through him, as if he were a weapon that was meant to be wielded. Perhaps in a lot of ways, it was no different than the way Rocket viewed him.

[break][break] "We are together, one and the same," he said, the temperature of the cave growing icy. "Whatever it needs, I provide."

[break][break]

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .postbody img"] float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin: 5px 21px 11px 1px; height:90px; width:90px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; } .luck .postbody img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody .jayooc"] width:250px; margin:15px auto 0px; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
birefringence
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 3:56:11 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

The subtle shift in tone, the ominous we that mirrored the way sometimes spoke now that WO-CHIEN had claimed her, the sudden chill in the air. Barnaby noted it all, but did not comment on it outright.[break][break]

"Alright," He'd play along. "What does it need?"[break][break]

What could give it that no other could?[break][break]

Around them, TERA CRYSTALS glowed faintly, evoking memories of the events that led up to Jayden being beckoned by his patron.

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
birefringence
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 13:16:07 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"] "Power."

[break][break] The answer was near instantaneous, in tune with the way that the snow leopard prowled forward on silent paws. Unspeaking, it stared deeply at as if it could see into his very soul.

[break][break] Could see behind the layers of himself that he pretended to hide away.

[break][break] Jayden blinked, and then the cat was suddenly gone. Walking away as if it had gotten interested by something else, tail flicking, as it inspected beneath a rock.

[break][break] "It uses me as a conduit," the admin murmured to . "I'm just a vessel for it to use, not unlike the way Rocket is to the both of us."

[break]

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
birefringence
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 0:18:14 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"Power?" Barnaby echoed, watching the cat slink away into the darkness of the tunnel.[break][break]

How ambiguous. But it was a sentiment that Admin Bee himself could commiserate with. Power was a commodity that always seemed to be wanting.[break][break]

"I suppose that's the most logical explanation. But is it a mutual relationship?"[break][break]

Here Barnaby's cobalt gaze slid over to meet Jayden's icy blue.[break][break]

"Do you use Chien-Pao as well?"

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
birefringence
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 5:27:38 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"] was it a mutual relationship?

[break][break] "i suppose."

[break][break] jayden pauses for a moment, staring down at his palm. now, thanks to 's there was no evidence of the suffering that he held. no scars, no blood. and yet he could remember the scarring agony as good as anything else, with each breath he took when under his patron's wintry embrace.

[break][break] his eyes turn back towards his fellow admin.

[break][break] "it feels natural," he said instead, glancing up at him. "to be on the suffering end of all that pain."

[break][break] a pause.

[break][break] "do you know what that's like?"

[break]

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
birefringence
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 15:00:18 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

It was interesting to observe Jayden’s mannerisms. How he peered at his palm when there wasn’t anything there, how he spoke so plainly about his own pain.[break][break]

With him, a fellow admin, perhaps Barnaby could allow small breadcrumbs of his life to be revealed. Nothing too personal, but a minute insight into what shaped him into the man standing before .[break][break]

I do,” Barnaby replied, quiet yet thoughtful. “I’m sure most who grow up in Rocket experience that, to an extent.”[break][break]

There was no bitterness in his voice as he continued, “My childhood was molded by suffering.” [break][break]

A suffering he refused to return to. [break][break]

A suffering that he’d get revenge for, in time.[break][break]

He was patient in this. He had to be.

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
birefringence
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 7:23:24 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"] "mm."

[break][break] was right. Their childhood was one that was molded by suffering, one that could have been replicated should they have looked at any of their brothers who had been shaped by Rocket in the same way.

[break][break] . . .

[break][break] The list went on.

[break][break] As would've said, it was a cruel method — but one that worked.

[break][break] "How was Kalos? Was it very different from Hoenn?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
birefringence
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 0:58:47 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"In some ways, yes."[break][break]

The image of , holding him down by the back of his neck, blossomed in 's memory.[break][break]

"Things are different here than they are in Kalos. There are consequences to disobedience. Step out of line and pay the price. The sooner you understand, the better."
[break]

He'd taken that lesson to heart, applying it here in Hoenn. Now, was the same rank that had been in that memory.[break][break]

"In others... no." He shook his head before continuing, "Our organization has high expectations no matter the region."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights