Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,794 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Bloodmoon Beast: Revisited [M]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 20:14:56 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"If this Pokeball, breaks, I'm really sorry in advance. I've been working to fix it for a little while, now."

The events that occurred on Route 119 were things that Howard had never expected. It was supposed to be an easy adventure. In and out. Instead, Howard had fought aliens, strange toxic chains, caught the beast that they were hunting, and flew away in a spaceship. To call the events 'overwhelming' were an understatement.

What wasn't an understatement was the cancerous growth of Tera Crystals encroaching on Fortree City.

Luckily, he was participating in a joint research venture with a fellow survivor, Yuina. After reading her interview with the HNN, Howard had given her a call. Now, they were here on a mission. Besides, the Bloodmoon Ursaluna was partial to her. Bears couldn't be that bad of character judges, hopefully.

Between Howard, Yuina, and Doug, nothing was impossible!

"I'm gonna let the big lug out." Howard held out the Gigaton Ball, which was beginning to shake violently. They were getting close to the Tera Crystals, anyway. "Ready?"

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 0:50:59 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

It was no wonder, in spite of how terrible the events themselves had been, that Yuina would make it back to the scene of the harrowing tale of Megolopolans killing the missing persons that they had set out to look for. And the scene of... That voice... That distortion...[break]
Yuina was familiar, not overtly, but familiar enough with Howard that had contacted her, he was there through the entire series of events, and the one whom had found Doug's pokeball afterall. She felt compelled to meet him out on a venture into the swamps again, especially as she was set to do recon work anyway for her ranger's reports.[break][break]
"I've been... Catching up on my studies of Hisuian history, knowing that we can assume that's where Doug is actually from. I think I could help repair it after a bit more research," she mentioned, after having come to realize that not only was she familiar with the historic Pokeball, but she was piecing together actually remembering making one at one point.[break]
The memories that flooded to her were coming and going, some vivid and some not, she knew that she wasn't going to remember everything all at once, but ever since that distortion, she was actually remembering things of that far away place, that long ago life...[break][break]
Moving through the trees and lush greenery with Daikenki beside her, Yuina looked out and she could see the shimmer in the near distance, the Tera Crystals that had started to overtake parts of the surrounding area from their less than graceful voyage flight.[break]
"Yeah, I'm ready to see him again," Yuina smiled.

notes[break]
Mission: Post Blood, Mud & Iron -> Route 119[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,794 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 8:38:08 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"You got it!" Howard puffed out his cheeks with exertion as he threw the Gigaton Ball towards the ground. It made a heavy thud as it struck the terrain. The ball rattled, clearly malfunctioning. It sounded like a car that hadn't been oiled properly in two decades, or a squeaky door, or some equally annoying mechanical sound.

Simply put, it sounded broken. Howard really needed to get that fixed. It had been novel the first few times, but once the Gigaton Ball burst open while he was sleeping, Howard knew the gig was up.

"Grrr?" The Bloodmoon Ursaluna reared its head, sniffing the air. It looked at Howard, who was moving to retrieve the Gigaton Ball, and snorted. It was used to him. Howard wasn't quite on the same level as Doug's original owner, but he would have to do, even if the archaeologist spent way too much time asking Doug question about his bone structure.

Weirdo.

Doug turned to Yuina, and his eyes brightened immediately. "Grr!" Doug licked her face, remembering Yuina from recent events. She even smelled familiar!

"He remembers you. Splendid!" Howard said, appearing next to the bear, brightening as Yuina mentioned her preference for history. "You're a Hisuian historian? That's incredible! I think I've figured out the part I need, but it's not like I can walk into a hardware store and buy it, y'know? I'd appreciate the help."

"Grr." Doug agreed.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 17:45:41 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Standing back with Daikenki, Yuina watched, and listened, as the Gigaton Ball struggled on the ground. It was no doubt that the device wouldn't be able to carry on much longer this way. That aside for the moment though, Yuina smiled as Doug's figure emerged from the ball, and while she did well to not approach first, some of her intuition from being in the wilds of that far away place had started to come back to her, she smiled wider as Doug turned to her.[break][break]
"Ohayou gozaimasu," she spoke softly, the pronunciation was a bit off, but a few words that she had learned from the village had started to come back to her, and after confirming in texts, she was sure this was a greeting. Doug moved into her figure, his head alone larger than her entire upper body as he licked at her. She wondered, did she know him, in that life before? Had she met his owner? Did he remember her at all, or was the distortion perhaps not as kind to him in understanding fully what had happened to him... In any case, Yuina laughed a bit at Doug's greeting, it was good to see that he was alright.[break][break]
"Hmm? Historian? I guess you could say that," Yuina returned, holding Doug's giant head in her hands before moving out from behind him, to find Howard on the other side.[break]
"Hmm, what did you find about it in particular? We may not have the exact same materials here, especially since this isn't even the same land mass as where Hisui was said to be settled, but analogs are always worth a try," she inquired, wondering what particular piece or pieces Howard might have found that the ball needed. She looked around though, this place... Surely...[break][break]
"This area experienced two very powerful distortions, not that far apart from each other. Those shards are all over the place, I wonder if, other materials made it through?"

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,794 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 10:45:55 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I'd be surprised if more than just shards came through. The Gigaton Ball came through that first distortion, as did Pokémon. I'm more interested in what can't come through? What's strong enough to resist the rippling of spacetime?"

What interesting questions. Doug was much more interested in Yuina. After sharing their greetings, the Ursaluna turned to inspect the crystals that had quickly infested Fortree City's surroundings. Route 119's structure had vastly altered since the appearance of the Bloodmoon Beast, but Doug seemed to know his way around the vaguely familiar terrain.

"Grr." Doug wandered deeper into the route.

"Joy. We get to follow the bear. This brings back memories." Howard sighed and threw up his hands, following the Ursaluna. Hopefully this time, there wouldn't be blue people and a giant spaceship. One time had been enough. "I'm not much of a mechanic, but I believe it needs a new steam compressor."

How did he describe this? Maybe one of Team Rocket's engineers could've done a better job, but this was like explaining physics to Yuina, something he had never learned.

"Hisuian Pokeballs do this clicky thing, right? When you catch something in them? The ball pressurizes with steam. Hiss." Howard mimed the hissing sound of steam exiting a valve. "No steam, doesn't compress, ball doesn't stay shut for long. Bear appears."

Howard pointed at the bear.

"Grr." Doug agreed.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 17:11:27 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Starting to move through the grass and brush of the area, Yuina pondered her question as Howard did too, asking the antithesis to it. What couldn't come through a distortion? A fair question to make, at this point she wasn't sure, given everything that they knew to be true so far?[break]
"It's hard to say, we know Pokemon can make it through," she said, before reaching into a pocket and carefully unfolding the swatch of pink fabric that she had found that night in the swamps, the insignia of the Medical Corps stitched into it...[break]
"And people... I found this, in the swamp that night. I was able to... verify its authenticity. This is a piece of a uniform from a medical practice in Hisuian texts," Yuina mentioned, though the whole thing was a bit sour to her to say... If people couldn't make it through distortions, then what had happened to her wouldn't have happened at all...[break][break]
"...Doug had this same patch stuck in his fur... Did you remove it, do you still have it? I... I think, it belonged to his person, this was their uniform," she wondered, and she hoped so. It would be the least that she could do, preserve the patches, restore them and make sure that the remnants of the uniform could be kept and put to rest, another memory for another person that she could keep safe in the museum.[break][break]
Howard did his best to try and describe what about the Pokeball he needed to work on, to try and fix it. She had some crude diagrams of the concepts of steam powered Pokeballs from some Hisuian texts that she had started to dig into. While she might not know exactly yet what needed to be done or what they needed in order to do it, surely they could find some materials while they were out here to start working on it.[break]
While Daikenki remained alert, having been through the entirety of the events that took place here and knew that dangers could still be anywhere, Yuina took out another Pokeball of hers, and Kano the Arcanine emerged and stood among the brush and damp grasses.[break]
"Can Kano get a look at the ball? His senses are very keen, between him and Doug, we might be able to search for some foreign materials around here?"

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,794 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 19:43:44 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"The ball? Sure, here you go." Howard prepared to toss it to her, before remembering that the Gigaton Ball was akin to a weapon. Sure, it could capture Pokémon, but it also weighed a bajillion pounds. If he threw it, it'd likely donk Yuina on the head, and that'd be the end of the Higashi Chronicles.

And the start of Howard going to prison.

He walked over and gave her the ball. "Careful, it's heavy." The archaeologist wasn't lying. It must've weighed an extra twenty to thirty pounds! It was like a training weight.

As Kano appeared, Howard immediately flashed to 's Arcanine. Kano was in splendid shape, and Howard instinctively took a step forward. Fluffy... He thought, before turning to Yuina. Probably not the best idea to cuddle her Pokémon without asking her, and Howard had too much dignity to ask for something so childish. For now.

Soon. Howard silently thought towards Kano, before continuing. He frowned at Yuina's specific question. He had found cloth attached to Doug, and had quickly recognized it for what it was. Hisui wasn't his region of specialty, but he knew enough to recognize uniforms.

"I think I might know the text, actually. Tashiro Sanki's Grass and Procedures?" Howard quoted the work. Sanki had been a Hisuian physician way back when. "I was hoping to study them more, but if it's for science... It's on my person, actually. I wanted Doug to get a scent from it." Howard pulled out the uniform scrap, preserved in a plastic sleeve.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 18:30:16 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Taking the ball in hand, carefully, Yuina did stumble at the sheer weight of it, she definitely did not remember that, remember them being this heavy... She held it in both hands, hardly, testing the weight in her hands as she looked up to Kano. The Arcanine sniffed first at Howard who had approached, his large breaths puffing around his head and his shoulders.[break]
"Here, Kano, the ball. Let's see if we can find anything," Yuina offered, gaining the Arcanine's attention. He inspected it heavily, sniffing at it with rapt attention, and with one final huff he was off, sniffing around the area they walked through. Yuina huffed herself, moving to hand the hefty ball back to Howard as he recalled the fabric that she was speaking to. He had it with him.[break][break]
"Oh, that's great, thank you, for taking such good care of it," Yuina mentioned, glancing at it.[break]
"I, uh, I can't make you give it to me, but I think it would mean a lot, for what happened to him, for the remains of his uniform to be restored and preserved. Uh, so just think about it, if you wouldn't mind me taking it to my museum," she wondered, it was awful the way that he perished, at the hands of those megalopolans... It wasn't even his fight, that search and rescue party was just in the wrong place at the wrong time... A very wrong time.[break][break]
"That was the correct reference, by the way, Grass and Procedures. Are you a historian too? What do you study?"

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,794 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 19:49:11 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Of course, take it. Historians should help one another out. Arceus knows the region barely does." Howard waved his hand, as if it were a nonissue.Fluffy... Howard looked at the Arcanine longingly, before coughing into his fist.

Cocking his head to Yuina's question about his profession, Howard scratched his chin thoughtfully. After a few seconds of watching Doug sniff at Tera Crystals, Howard spoke.

"I'm an archaeologist with interest in civilizations over geological eras. I specialize in ancient languages." Howard said casually. That was true, but it wasn't the whole truth. He simply had a fascination with knowledge that had yet to be uncovered. As long as he could witness history, Howard was satisfied. "It's not as concrete as a lot of historians, but...

It made living nowadays very exciting, but very stressful. They were living through history right now. Where would Yuina be when those books were written. Where would he be?

For that search party, being here had been a place of the wrong place at the wrong time. To an extent, that was true. If you survived, however, you were at the right place at the right time—a witness to what had passed.

It was a tragedy that Doug's owner had passed.

"Wow! You're a museum curator? That's incredible!" Howard's eye sparkled brightly. "Can I visit? What grants does the region give you? Does it focus on Hisui?"

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 23:09:33 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Without much of a second thought from Howard on the matter, Yuina smiled and took the plastic sleeve gingerly from him, careful with it. This was an authentic piece of a uniform, not just a recreation with authentic methods and as close to the materials a they could get...[break]
"Thank you, Howard, really. I'll be sure to have your name in the info for the display when these are restored, it's the least I can do," Yuina offered, knowing that from one historian to another, citations and credits given was as valuable as the find itself.
As Kano set off to inspect the surrounding area, sniffing in earnest at Doug as well for the familiar scents the bear had, Yuina turned back to Howard as he mentioned his particular study, archaeology and ancient languages. That was very fascinating by itself.[break]
"That's very fascinating. Concrete or not, wanting to study something like that that has been left up to interpretation for so long, and coming to understand it and put those pieces together, you should be pleased with yourself, taking on something like that," Yuina returned, he shouldn't denounce his field of study for its shifty nature, it was because of that shifty nature that made it all the more rewarding a field to work in. As she had made sure to neatly and gently put away both pieces of the uniform she had now, Howard wondered about her museum now, if it regarded Hisui specifically and what not.[break][break]
"Of course you can visit, Howard, I'd be delighted," she remarked first.[break]
"If you do, please be sure to bring Doug by? He's such a rare breed, there isn't much text that I've been able to find about a form shift in Ursaluna, it'd be wonderful to get more information about him for an exhibit piece," she offered, Howard now even had more opportunity to contribute.[break][break]
"Mmm, not so much, it's not primarily focused on Hisui, but now that things like this uniform have been uncovered, and maybe we could even get a diagram from you of Doug's Pokeball, there's more and more things that are becoming apparent from Hisui from those distortions that they've given me the opportunity to start to rework a section of it for Hisui."

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,794 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 2:51:41 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Of course. I have a diagram of the Gigaton Ball, but it's not on me. I'll get you a copy. It'd be really spectacular to see a recreation in a museum." Howard grinned. He had a lot of issues with museums in the past. Lack of employment opportunities, unpaid internships, the whole package. Yuina adding him to the display made him feel like he was in grad school again.

A better time. A time before Team Rocket, and not curating artifacts in a museum in Slateport. Maybe in another life, he'd be like Yuina. Alas.

"Finding pieces for Hisui nowadays is difficult. Sinnoh's industrialization wrecked a lot of potential pieces, and the pieces we have are sequestered in private collections and museums in both Sinnoh and Galar." Howard huffed slightly, annoyed. His rant on the Galarian History Museum would have to wait for another day. "If you need anything for it, let me know. Historians should help one another. More people should know about Hisui."

"I've done an interview on Doug, regarding his bone structure." He said it so naturally, it almost seemed believable that Howard had gotten paleontological evidence from asking an Ursaluna hundreds of questions. "Skeleton is distinct from a traditional Ursaluna, legs are adapted slightly for swimming. Not as stout as its cousins, relies on the environment for protection."

It was funny. Doug had originally been part of a grudge match. The only reason Howard had gone to Route 119 was because of the rumors of a beast, which he planned to disprove his professor with. Now, he actually had the beast. Even moreso, he was writing a piece on it.

That professor could suck it.

"Though I must confess, I'm worried about the distortions and these new crystals."

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 18:40:48 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

It was truly a blessing in disguise that Yuina had come out to meet Howard, with all of the information he had, this would be a great start to the work on the exhibit she was starting to build from the ground up.[break]
"A diagram would be fantastic, and a recreation shouldn't be too far off. And with your research on Doug already, why we could build a comparison display of the skeletal and muscle structure of Doug to a known Ursaluna, it would be a one of a kind display," Yuina remarked, what an idea! There couldn't be another museum or private collection that would have anything like it![break][break]
"If we keep investigating these distortions, there won't be a private collection that can stand up to what we can authenticate from Hisui, there might still even be more things out here given the close proximity of two distortions on top of each other," she returned, she'd read about how difficult the region's industrialization was making it to find true and fruitful artifacts from Hisui in order to build on the history, but it was like these time-space distortions were giving them that window of opportunity, like the force of the universe itself wanted Hisui to be known.[break][break]
Howard's concern though, about the frequency of distortions popping up, the power in which they appeared and the Tera Crystals that somehow seemed tied to it at the very least, though unsure of how, Yuina couldn't quite say that she felt the same... She needed answers, anything that she could get on distortions, she was invested now, everything about what happened to her rested within the distortions...[break]
"If we study them, understand what the distortions are, how they come about, and what kind of effects they have... I haven't been able to find a lot of concrete information about them, other than that they exist and Pokemon come from them sometimes. People are only going to be concerned if they don't know what or why...," Yuina offered, and maybe it was perhaps a selfish request, she was wanting to study them, like a storm chaser going out to find Tornadoes to look at, but, it was all for science, right?

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,794 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 9:13:58 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"People will only be concerned if it affects their everyday life. Unfortunately, that realization only happens once the damage has already been done."

With a sorrowful tone, Howard wiped his eye. It was an unfortunate result of humanity and history as a whole. There were an infinite amount of examples of people not heeding warnings and losing things they held dear to disasters and calamities. What was truly tragic was the sheer irrelevance of it all.

It was irrelevant because if people learned from the mistakes of their ancestors, their loss would be minimized. It was simply too tragic.

"You've hit the nail on the head, regarding them. They're crystals that make life miserable, and their mystique makes them appealing." Howard immediately flashed to Head Scientist , who was doing a substantial amount of research into the field. He'd need to ask her for her opinion on this incident.

It'd give him a chance to see her Unowns again, at least.

"I'm sorry. I'm being negative."

Howard watched Doug sniff another crystal. He smiled faintly. He had to make an effort to be more positive. At least pretend that this wasn't giving him a panic attack. The spreading of Tera Crystals was a massive error, and the strange chain from Route 119 worried him. Much like many events in history, if Hoenn moved to stop these crystals slowly, it could be too late.

Especially when combined with a possible pandemic. That Toxic Chain was no laughing matter.

"It's a good idea, chasing down distortions. It could tell us a lot. Maybe we can predict them?" Howard scratched his chin. Make an effort. "Yeah, I definitely think Doug would make a good model! He'd make a wonderful piece! Especially once we fix his Pokeball!"

"Grrr?" Doug looked up at them.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 18:56:33 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

The idea was there, and it sounded like Howard was on board... There were so many different facets in which being able to learn more about distortions would be useful and even beneficial. If it got to a point that they could be predicted or tracked, they would be able to send out alerts to surrounding areas, they could recover more and more artifacts from Hisui, and not the least of which she could fulfil her own agenda of just wanting to learn why what happened to her happened at all...[break][break]
"I think its worth looking into? Imagine what we could do for the region, if we could study them like storm systems and be able to alert areas that one is coming, and what kind of studies we could conduct being able to be at a distortion from beginning to end... We could study the Pokemon that come from them, find more artifacts from Hisui...," Yuina thought aloud, Howard's negativity couldn't compare, the very idea only had positives that Yuina could imagine.[break]
"And who knows, studying distortions might lead to more studies about the crystals too? They do seem to be related, I think it could be beneficial all around, if you're on board," Yuina remarked, she couldn't find any downsides to this. She was about to start wondering how they could pool their resources, when Kano huffed and barked up the way, garnering Yuina's attention. It sounded like he found something?[break][break]
"Hey, I think Kano found something," she said, starting to trudge through the thick foliage to move towards the canine up the way, wondering and curious what it could be that the Arcanine found.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,794 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 8:54:25 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Let's see what he found, then. Bear!" With a whistle, Doug lumbered to his feet and followed his trainer.

Would the Ursaluna have listened to its old master more attentively? Of course. Howard had figured that out relatively quickly. That didn't mean he didn't pity the bear. Doug longed for a trainer that would never come home, and had been wiped from the annals of history by the Megalopolans. In a twist of fate, Doug had killed them, yet that wound would never fully heal.

Howard would simply have to be a worthy successor.

"I'll follow you on this plan. There's a lot to do, huh?" Howard held up his fingers. "Fix the Gigaton Ball, make more, study these distortions, and so on."

It was looking to become more and more difficult, but from Howard's experience, solutions showed themselves in strange locations. He wasn't even sure if there was a way to predict distortions in spacetime. Humans could barely even predict the weather, and they were attempting to chart and track ripples across the fabric of reality?

It'd be tough.

Then again, anything worth doing was.

Maybe he could borrow some assets from Team Rocket? Howard made them a boatload of money anyways, and he could always tempt the upper brass by guaranteeing them money from selling artifacts he found. Suddenly, Howard was broken from his stupor by Kano and Yuina.

"Your Arcanine is fast!" Howard huffed as he followed Yuina. Tera Crystals grasped at the sky like great trees, and it seemed more so like a forest of crystals than anything naturally occurring. As they reached Kano, Howard came to a stop.

"What the...?"