Yuina Higashi
Help Wanted, and Needed [M]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 18:32:33 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Wincing had she had chosen to lean against the banister on her left arm, Yuina leaned back and switched sides again as the ship continued forward across the ocean. She was trying to work out her left arm and shoulder little by little, but it was still pretty tender.[break]
Daikenki huffed beside her, the Samurott standing on the deck with her, and they looked out to the near distance where the island of Dewford was coming up, they'd be docking soon.[break][break]
Now that she had been bumped up into the Elite Rank for the Rangers, that meant more intensive and involved work, and given everything that was happening in the south of the region right now, Dewford was short on help and rangers, they needed reinforcements. So Yuina was assinged to Dewford as an official, unofficial post as the waves after the war on route 105 washed over the southern portion of Hoenn. was definitely seeing something in her that she didn't see in herself through all of this, had she really done anything of note on the island? She felt like a failure, every battle she lost, every adversary she had to flee from... She could barely hold her own out there... But maybe it wouldn't all be for not?[break]
Yuina had heard the name tossed around a handful of times, a was in Dewford town as the gym leader, and coming there as an assigned ranger to work things out, they'd be working together to mend the island. If anything, she at least knew that he was a good gym leader, involved in the league forces... She wasn't sure what kind of expectations had been set for her arrival but... She needed help. Yuina was well behind on any actual prowess in Pokemon training, strategy, battling, she didn't even have the basics of self defense...[break][break]
But she couldn't let her Elite Rank fall through her fingers, if she couldn't stand up to it.[break][break]
She was also probably thinking too hard on everything, and this came in the form of a groan as she stood upright, Daikenki huffed again as he nudged her.[break]
"I know, I know. We just have to keep going one day at a time. I just didn't think it would get harder and harder to do that with every day," she sighed, patting the water type's smooth blue fur. They were docking, and she moved to disembark with Daikenki, stepping foot onto Dewford Island to work on... Well... Everything?

notes[break]
Mission: Canon Connections -> Dewford Town[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 20:35:41 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
IF YOU GOTTA DIE, DIE HISTORIC ON THE FURY ROAD

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

Yuina is far from the only pilgrim making their way to Dewford. The first holiday leading up to the end of the year is close. A group of young people, a little younger than Yuina herself, affectionately referred to by their sheriff as the Dewford hipsters, are returning. They return by boat and aboard flying Pokemon. This little seaside community, for just a week, is lively again.[break][break]
The elite ranger finds the man of the hour waiting for her on the pier. Reputation would lead one to believe he would be accompanied by a fearsome dragon or a towering brute. Neither is immediately present. Instead, while he fishes off the pier, a Perrserker and Buneary frolic behind their trainer.[break][break]
Navy himself looks to be cut from the granite in the caves beneath the town. Relaxed though his body language seems, his eyes are alert. Hard, deep-set gunmetal scans the seas. They are, after all, facing a crisis. Shading his head from the sun is a cowboy hat. Beside him, a vintage radio blares rock n’ roll atop a cooler.[break][break]
Turning to the woman, he looks her over. Seconds later, he returns to his fishing, giving her a nod to acknowledge both Daikenki and she are there.[break][break]
Yuina, yeah?” He asks, mispronouncing it a little, but getting the overall name right. “Ollie told me you were coming. Said you were involved in that mess a few months ago.” Something nibbles on the line. Before Navy can even enjoy the thrill of the fight, his Perrserker dives into the water and eats the fish on the line.[break][break]
…bastard.” He chuckles, only to pause in the middle of the laugh. “Er, don’t mind me. Used to talking to sailors.” With the cat thoroughly ensuring there will be no more fish by the pier, he stands up, turns to face her.[break][break]
So, nice Samurott you’ve got there. Powerful Pokemon, if you know how to use him. Fought a few myself.” A small pause, letting the words ferment. “Why do you wanna fight, Yuina? No shame in chilling on the sidelines.” His eyes carry no judgement, they simply observer.

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 22:40:41 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Going by general description at best, Yuina was sure that she had found the gym leader in question as she and Daikenki moved away from the vessel, just in time to avoid a crowd of people only slightly younger than her (or at least she could assume, still unsure of exactly how old she was) moved through like one giant wave. Off to the side, a man sat at the pier with a fishing rod, and two Pokemon that she was unfamiliar with, but he did look up to acknowledge her, confirming her name. To the best of his ability.[break]
"Yeah, you must be Michael? Ollie said everyone calls you Navy though," she questioned, unsure if she was 'everyone' and if she could use the informality.[break][break]
"Involved could be a strong word, but I was definitely there," Yuina returned, and as the saying went, she had the scars to prove it. She wasn't sure if her 'involvement' had been worth much good though, if anything she was merely present on the island, and perhaps shouldn't have been at all.[break]
He remarked at his Pokemon getting in the way of a potential catch, the crazed feline leaping into the salt water with no shame on the matter, gobbling up anything that may have been on the hook. Leaving the Pokemon to its own devices though, Michael stood from the pier and regarded her fully, Daikenki too who stood just behind her, looking at the man in kind.[break][break]
In his own right, Daikenki was powerful, and it seemed that him and Rasza had become some of her more prominent Pokemon in the things that she'd been doing recently, but he said the quiet part out loud... Powerful if she knew how to work with him...[break]
And then a question, one that Yuina wasn't necessarily expecting, but... if she was going to seek out help, it was one that she needed to be able to answer. One that she couldn't right now...[break][break]
"Well, there's no reason to try and make myself sound good by saying I'm fighting for good and know what I'm doing," she said, a bit pointedly, but it was mostly at herself. Why... was she doing any of this? And what had she actually done thus far to have any meaning...?[break]
"I... Thought I knew why, but anyone can say they have an idea of what they're doing and what their goals are before things get serious... And then when it does...," she returned, she could remember exactly how she felt, just a few short months ago, she thought she was making a difference just doing the odd job here and there, and then she was on that island, facing the real threats, the actual conflicts, she couldn't pretend she actually knew what was going on or how it mattered to her, not when she couldn't figure out why she was doing any of the things that she was doing any more. It was easy to blame it on that feeling, that something inside of her screaming to be heard, that subconscious part of her that made her feel compelled to do anything. But all it ever was was recklessness, and she had already bore the consequences of recklessness without cause.[break][break]
"So, honestly, I don't know right now, but I guess I need to figure it out before things get real again. I can't go in like I did on that island when the next thing happens, it doesn't do anybody any good."

notes[break]
Mission: Canon Connections -> Dewford Town[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 0:06:24 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

If the sheriff has some problem with her calling him Navy, he doesn’t voice them. He listens to her, ruminating on every word. She’s honest, more honest than many of his co-workers in AQUA. With that, she wins his respect in earnest.[break][break]
Oh how he wants to tell her another battle’s coming – sooner rather than later. She seems a wholly different woman from the carefree lady he matched rumps with in summer. As a book he once read says, summer must always end. Winter comes, and with it hard times.[break][break]
He prays he can help her survive the coming cold.[break][break]
Sounds like you have a compelling reason not to stay at home. Took a gander at what the League knows on you. Old habit. Before Livy pinned a badge on my chest, I was a private eye. Behooves me to know things. Don't...really get why you wanna do this. You seem like a normal person. Not a soldier, no offense. I wasn't when I started doing this, either.” His tone is that of a mean searching for answers, thinking things through.[break][break]
Did you run into any of the Rocket bigwigs back on the island? These people don’t play around. They’ll kill us, or our Pokemon, and not lose any sleep after doing it. , , , they’re serious business.” Lifting up his scarf, undoing a few buttons, he shows her proof of that. His chest harbors a nasty scar, right over his heart.[break][break]
Only reason Quinn didn’t kill me’s cause I rolled green on the roulette table. Best friend’s Ho-oh’s avatar. Most people…aren’t that lucky.” Survivor’s guilt drips into his words, but shrugged off. This is about her. Helping her survive.[break][break]
If you were one of the kids who show up to my gym, I’d give you another speech. I’ll just ask you ‘fore we go any further…that really what you want? To fight people like that?

notes about this post

Notes go here

[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 19:33:04 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

It seemed, at least for now, that her answer being true might have been correct. She'd gotten good at lying, for better or for worse, she'd been building a fake life these last few months and adding to her 'history' every time she got asked a question. But... To lie about something that mattered, something that affected other lives, not just her own? There... didn't seem like any point to it, and it was already too late anyway...[break]
He regarded her again, now in the more serious tone that she had set, and perhaps for that should could be grateful. She couldn't take herself seriously half the time, so maybe this whole misadventure was going to be exactly what she needed to set things straight. Except for the lying about herself part... Always that...[break][break]
A normal person? Was she a normal person? Could she be now? She had her chance to be then... Did she ruin it? Or would that have been who she wanted to be? That... voice, that whatever it was that was inside of her that pushed her, almost forced her to do all of the things that she had, she still couldn't figure out why. What was she trying to make up for? What was it all for? Then, her dear friend 's words came to her again... That beacon of light in this hellish darkness that she'd been fumbling through in this new life.[break][break]
"The person that you are now.... I hope this is who you have been meant to become..."[break][break]
"I was... Just a normal person, but it's hard to expect to maintain that with everything going on? If this can still be a path, an opportunity, to work towards change, not just for the region but for myself too, then it's still worth walking on," she offered, it sounded maybe to be a bit more of a question than intended, but she was already in everything that had happened. It would be hard to just go home now regardless...[break][break]
"I... I don't know, who I fought? They all wear masks, except for a woman, in the ocean. Some of them didn't even speak, they... Didn't have to, for me to know what could happen facing them," Yuina returned, and it was one of the most haunting things from being away from that island, knowing that... She could never truly know that she was safe? Any one of those masked individuals, she could cross paths with them at any point again, in the real world, and have no idea who they were, that they had tried to kill her...[break]
Navy made good on his point though, showing her the scar that marred his chest. She wasn't sure what it meant to know an Avatar? She'd only vaguely heard the term before, when mentioned it? What kind of power did that really mean?[break][break]
"I've already fought people like that," she returned in kind, adjusting the neck of her shirt, her left shoulder was still freshly bandaged, bruised from the damage caused.[break][break]
"I... don't know what kind of ruthlessness they harbor, but I put my face out there, as a Ranger, they know who I am. I could probably expect at some point, one of them could come after me again," she thought aloud, adjusting her shirt again.[break]
"That's the reality of it, isn't it? I'm not safe any more, I couldn't just 'go home' now and pretend like I didn't put my face on their hit lists? So at this point, I need to make sure that I can actually do something about it, if I do face them again, and not have to put anybody else at risk... I... Already asked too much of some of my Pokemon, it wasn't fair to them. They, or anybody else, shouldn't have to pay for my shortcomings again..."

notes[break]
Mission: Canon Connections; November 2023 -> Dewford Town[break]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 11:37:58 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Yeah.” He says after allowing her to say what she feels she needs to say. It’s a terse answer, given everything Yuina had on her mind, even accentuated by a nod. “What I’m about to say’s conjecture on my part. It’s not what anybody up top things. I think…” His eyes trail up to hers again, staying there, his voice filled with certainty.[break][break]
…they probably wouldn’t bother you if you went home and pretended everything was normal. Not for a while, anyway. Then, one night, when they’ve pretty much won, they’ll remember you opposed ‘em. One of those masked Rockets will show up at your door. Bam. Lights out.” A grim future he predicts, but he is, by and large, a grim person beneath his smiles.[break][break]
League needs all the help we can get, Yuina. Not too proud to say that. Official help, like what you’re doing. Rangers and trained operators. There’s a big problem with civilians running in like Torchic with their heads cut off. Baki said it happened in the swamp, too.” He doesn’t know if ’s name means anything to her, but she’s his main source of information on what happened in that hellish swamp.[break][break]
So, let’s see what we can do about getting you ready, yeah? We’ll run your team through some drills, test how you are under pressure.” Navy looks first to Daikenki and then down to wherever she keeps her pokeballs, if they’re visible. “You’ve got your team with you, yeah? If not, we can stop at a Pokemon Center. My gym’s just down the way. We can have a quick match. Need to gauge where you are myself.”[break][break]

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 18:21:39 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

He wasn't sparing her at all, the way that he spoke, the things that he spoke to, the confidence in which he spoke... But, there would be no point to sparing her, to trying and salvage her feelings when it meant what it did now, the difference between life and death in a way. She hadn't lied to him, she'd been very honest and set the tone for their meeting. Yuina could appreciate that he was giving her the same regard.[break]
Navy wasn't sugar coating anything either, maybe his reality that he could see in the future was a little different than hers, but, was it really? Not by a lot... It really came down to face them now as things happen, or she would have to know in the back of her head that that day would come for the rest of... Who knows?[break][break]
"Well, that's it then, isn't it? Safe for now, or not at all are my two options. Either way its already too late to take back my opposition towards them. I... Can't live a life pretending like none of this ever happened, pretending like nothing will ever happen to me, I'd rather face them as they come, knowing that they will," Yuina returned, and with that, there was nothing she could take back. She was already living a fake life, pretending every day... Any more layers to that, and she might just go insane over not having a real life at all...[break][break]
"I don't know that I contributed much to the swamp problem, but I get what you're saying... Which is the other reason why I'm here. I want to be a better operative, I want to be able to take charge of a situation and make sure that everyone there can get through it. I... Want to make sure that Ollie's decision to promote me wasn't a waste of his authority either," she returned, and it was true. Being presented her blue armband felt more burdensome than anything else, she had little confidence to say that she actually did anything worth merit to earn it. She needed to do whatever she could.[break][break]
"I do, have my Pokemon with me, so consider me as ready as I'll never be."

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 23:11:35 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Given all he knows from AQUA, he’s beyond doubting the existence of Arceus. There’s a creator out there, somewhere. Hearing Yuina talk leads him to the same conclusion he always arrives at concerning Arceus: He’s a bastard. No other way to look at it. This woman is changed. He feels it in her words. He sees it in her eyes. Whatever thrust them upon this stage is not a just god.[break][break]
Nothing to be done for it, then. She’s in it for the long haul. Another crack in the promise he made to . Once you see the abyss, it sticks to you. Follows you. Navy resolves to give her the best education he can, and quick. If he can’t promise her a peaceful life, he can at least keep her and the Pokemon who follow her out of body bags.[break][break]
Alright, we’ll run over all the stuff Rocket can throw at you. Mega evo, tera, z-moves. You know ‘bout all that, right? Don’t really get the science behind any of it. Practical bit’s this: it can make your Pokemon way stronger than they would be otherwise. Downside: overdo it, and your Pokemon get hurt.”[break][break]
Reaching to his belt, Navy pulls out two pokeballs. Tormund and Jessica run off the field. They’re nothing but bystanders to the match – caught somewhere between cheerleaders and mascots. Teenagers whisper among themselves and start gathering around the pitch. Many of them miss seeing their sheriff fight, and they’ve heard of this mysterious ranger by reputation.[break][break]
Sol and Ballbreaker. Each is a study in how a Navidson thinks. One is a Charizard named after a god by a boy who flew too close to the sun. The other, a Great Tusk named by a man who couldn’t have a creative thought if his brain got speared with that tusk.[break][break]
Neither wastes time. A stone set into a watch resounds with Sol. Above them, the sunlight grows blistering hot. Ballbreaker is crowned in the earth. Navy’s used a version of this strategy against the Elite 4. It’s the sort of overwhelming force and used on him, far below in the caves beneath his feet.[break][break]
He remembers how helpless he felt, being on the other side of this. While Sol flutters his wings in a dragon dance and Ballbreaker bulks up, he studies Yuina. He waits to see how she’ll respond, what Pokemon she will use. There’s strategies he’d use here – many of them involving her Samurott. There’s a path out of the maze.

notes about this post

Charizard is thrown out, mega evolves into Charizard Y, and uses dragon dance. Great Tusk is thrown out, terastallizes into ground-type, and uses bulk up.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 20:42:26 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

It felt like both a huge weight had been lifted from her, but the weight of reality was replacing it, knowing that she would never be safe now. She'd thought about it, while out on the island, she donned her ranger's uniform as most every rocket she faced wore their masks to hide their identity... But none of the other league operatives that she had come across did anything more than display exactly who they were and which side they stood for. She just hoped that she could live up to and stand up to being a face for the league if she ever came to be recognized by rockets, though Yuina couldn't imagine that she was anything more than a foot note to them... They all made it very clear that she was nothing to be afraid of, or concerned about...[break][break]
"Uhm, yeah, I have a handful of Pokemon that are capable of those things. I'm not an expert on the concepts themselves... But I'm familiar with what my particular Pokemon can do with those abilities," she answered, that had to count for something at least? She didn't know why some Pokemon could mega evolve but others couldn't, a z move was still fairly new to her, and she was kind of riding by the seat of her pants on terastalization since she couldn't quite figure out how some Pokemon were only their type and others weren't... But she at least knew how to work with the things that her Pokemon were capable of... For the most part...[break][break]
Maybe she shouldn't have said familiar... Familiar may have been a strong word, for as Navy released two Pokemon to start a battle, familiar felt like too confident of a thing to say.[break][break]
Yuina started to try to think fast, at the very least being able to recognize the two Pokemon, and what's more she recognized the form that his Charizard took. She still hadn't much idea over what 's Charizard was capable of, but Rasza's form she was intimately familiar with given that the dragon spent so much time with her on the island. And then he had one of those beasts... The Great Tusks that raged through the mists on the island... Okay... She could do this...[break][break]
Tapping the orb that she had at her belt, Yuina sent Daikenki forward as he took on the shimmering blue energy of his Water Tera, and the Samurott unsheathed his seamitars to prepare a Swords Dance for his physical attacks. And as Daikenki readied himself, Yuina released Nimbus, knowing indefinitely that she would need to be able to match the Charizard's speed. Taking the open opportunity that she had, having seen Nimbus' true speed before, Yuina was as ready to face a gym leader as she could be.[break][break]
"Nimbus, go," Yuina called, and the Raichu surged with electricity as he unleashed his power, turning the field into Electric Terrain, and his fur bristled with the rush of energy as he surged forward along the crackling electric surface, bringing a wave from the water beside them to strike with Surf heading for both of the now opposing Pokemon.

notes[break]
Daikenki becomes Water Tera and uses Swords Dance to prepare[break]
Yuina releases Nimbus; Nimbus uses Electric Terrain and with increased speed uses Surf to try and hit both CHARIZARD and GREAT TUSK[break]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 11:22:54 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

The crowd recognizes what Yuina doesn’t: she’s just as scary as the Sheriff. Maybe she doesn’t see that, but the hipsters do. Many of them instinctively back up. When someone agrees to dance with their gym leader like this, he tends to get pretty worked up. It takes two to tango, and today he’s a man dancing like he’s on a mission from Arceus himself.[break][break]
That’s all you really need to know. The practical bits. That terastallization was a smart move.” He compliments her, arms folded. Behind his Pokemon, he paces. The sea itself rises up to fight Sol and Ballbreaker. Navy, as yet, seems unconcerned. Unlike those who whisper behind him, he doesn’t step back.[break][break]
You can turn the tides with that, especially if you train your Pokemon with a few types in mind.” Sol is burning in the bright sunlight cast by his transformation. A drought clashes with the electric terrain. Above is the scorching sun. Below is electric death, carried on the tide.[break][break]
You’re acting quick. Staying calm. That’s a good first step. Sol. Ball. Go all out.”[break][break]
What happens next is the battle that shaped Hoenn wrought in miniature. The sea surges against the land. Ballbreaker raises the earth itself with a great, terrible earthquake. It kicks up the stone beneath them, sand shifting. Granite rumbles. It meets the surf in a cataclysmic clash, empowered even further by the Great Tusk’s protosynthesis.[break][break]
Like that great battle of yore, a dragon observes the proceedings. Sol beats his great wings. Again, and again, and again they beat. Flapping until a tiny gust turns into a howling hurricane. This gale joins the chorus, smashing against the other side. Even still, the sheriff folds his arms and observes Yuina.[break][break]
It’s moments like these, with chaos all around, when you see who someone truly is.

notes about this post

Great Tusk uses earthquake. Charizard uses Hurricane. Nature clashes, all the natural forces colliding in the middle of the field. I don't know if terrain effects are supposed to override each other, but fuck it we ball, they're all up.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 20:33:50 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

In an instant, the battle was waging on full force, and Yuina was doing all that she could to keep herself focused, to keep working out everything that was happening. For better or for worse, having already gone through the warzone just north of them where she had to learn trial by fire, she became far more familiar with battling than she was before, and was very familiar with the capabilities of her particular Pokemon. If she hadn't already gone through what she had, it was likely that she wouldn't have had the gall to be able to start this battle at all.[break][break]
Nimbus' electric terrain surged and crackled over the ground while the Charizard's power brought on the burning intensity of the sun, and if she knew anything it was that the Charizard's attacks were going to be devastating. Navy was calling out across the way, he was analyzing her, studying her now that they were in the thick of it, but she was only going to take his comments in stride, she couldn't take credit for things so soon, they'd only just barely gotten started.[break][break]
With Daikenki primed and ready, and Nimbus starting on the offensive, the battlefield erupted into the sheer power of the clash as the GREAT TUSK shook the very ground that they stood on while Nimbus sent forward the waves of the ocean. The field was going to change drastically, and Daikenki needed to be able to get within range...[break]
"Daikenki, hanzai," Yuina called out, a handful of words from her life in Hisui having come back to her, and she knew the Samurott remembered well. The water type barked at the command, and rushed forward as Nimbus sent the waves of his Surf across the battlefield, riding the water as it rushed forward. As the ground shook and burst with spikes of rock from below, the tide began to break, the water rushed over a spike that shot up from the ground but Daikenki took the vantage point in stride. The Samurott leaped into the air, leaving the subsiding water behind, and bearing his seamitars came down on the GREAT TUSK to strike with Razor Shell.[break][break]
On the other side of the field, Nimbus too moved to ride the water he summoned across the battlefield, using his speed to surf along the waves, but as the spikes of rock began to protrude upwards, the Raichu narrowly missed being struck as he wavered above the water, stumbling off to the side only to then be caught in the throws of the Hurricane that was whipping around. The electric type struggled, now being tossed around within the heavy winds, but Yuina was far from trying to count him out.[break]
"Nimbus, ride the wind," Yuina shouted, unsure if the Raichu could hear her entirely, but as he struggled to right himself at least managing to stay on his tail, the electric type surged with electricity again as he started to try and follow the path of the swirling winds.[break][break]
Swirling and keeping speed with the wind he now rode on, Nimbus gathered electricity as he charged himself, and timing it the best that he could, surging with the Electric Terrain beneath him, Nimbus propelled himself through the wind wall of the hurricane towards the CHARIZARD to strike with a heavy Thunderbolt.

notes[break]
Daikenki rides Nimbus' Surf to move across the battlefield, getting into melee range to strike GREAT TUSK with Razor Shell, boosted by Water Tera, Sharpness, and Swords Dance, hindered by Drought[break]
Nimbus narrowly misses getting clipped by Earthquake using his speed, but gets caught in the Hurricane. Nimbus rides the wind currents within the hurricane and propels himself out of the winds towards CHARIZARD, using Thunderbolt boosted by Electric Terrain[break]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 6:05:38 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Come on.[break][break]
Quietly, he cheers for Yuina and her Pokemon. It’s a bad habit of his, cheering for the opposition. Born in the days when he simply watched others battle, he always hopes the other person will pull through. She’s doing well. Step by step, she keeps pace with the dance. She issues commands. If only she knew how far that put her above others.[break][break]
Yet a thought nags the back of his head: she shouldn’t have to be good at battling. Few of the trainers he’s met in the region should. Yet here they are, living their lives during wartime. Always ready, at a moment’s notice, to throw out their strongest Pokemon and fight.[break][break]
She’s already on the warrior’s road. She’s made it this far. He’ll help her get farther still.[break][break]
Ball, meet Daikenki! Sol! Charge!” He feels insane for the orders even as he gives them. Overwhelming offense is his way. Even in a situation like this, a losing proposition, offense can carry you through.[break][break]
Sol burns bright. As the tides surge below, a thunderbolt rises to take him. Raichu seems less an electric rodent and more Raiju, thunderous god of lightning, come to collect his due. The thunderbolt surges and strikes true.[break][break]
Were he striking a mere dragon, that would be the end of the tale. It is no mere dragon he strikes, but a descending comet.[break][break]
Sol’s whole body is wreathed in flames. He burns himself – everything he has, when he fights. That was Gabriel Navidson’s style. He burned himself into an early grave. Sol, the second Pokemon that brat ever trained, does the same. He surges down, an inferno in his wake, aiming to clash with Nimbus in an electrifying flare blitz.[break][break]
Ballbreaker’s eyes glance up at the comet, but he has no time to gawk. The prehistoric monster is thrust into terrifying melee combat. A beast crowned by the sea comes for him. His massive tusks meet the razor shell and he knows at once this battle will not go his way. Creatures from the past exist outside of human common sense. All he knows how to die is fight back.[break][break]
So, he engages in mortal combat with his foe. He gives as good as he gets. Surging in a headlong rush , he tries to barrel through Daikenki. Logically, he should try and force the Samurott back to his side of the field, or into the waves, or even into the electricity. Instead, he simply wishes to overwhelm the Pokemon and push it for its own sake – to crush Daikenki completely.[break][break]

notes about this post

Both clowns are hit. Great Tusk uses Headlong Rush against an opponent with an immense advantage. Charizard uses flare blitz on Raichu.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 22:56:14 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

The clash of power was awesome as each set of Pokemon came forward and really initiated battle with each other, both of Yuina's Pokemon had advanced and closed the gap and now it was truly a frenzy. Yuina tried to keep her calm, thinking as fast as she could, many of the battles that took place on that island, she had to have more than one Pokemon out to defend and gain ground in the fight... It was a lot to keep tabs on, and she was starting to feel a little frantic, but she wasn't sure why...?[break]
There were no stakes in this battle, at least, none that she was aware of. This wasn't a battle for her life, a battle for resources, a battle for maintaining an arbitrary line that couldn't be crossed... But those were the only kinds of battles that she had ever faced within just the few short months she could recall...[break][break]
And even then, regaining some of her memories from that life in Hisui, every day was a battle for her survival, to make sure she could get back within the village gatese before it was too late... Yuina had yet to experience a battle for what it could truly be, for what they were meant for... but, what was that exactly? If she wasn't battling for her life right now, did that mean that the intensity in which she commanded her Pokemon needed to change, did they understand that this was not a matter of life or death...? She... She needed to tell them that this was okay, that they were going to be okay...[break][break]
Daikenki clashed with the GREAT TUSK, his blades coming down on its tusks and hide as the water crashed over it, but given the intensity of the sun simmering above them it was clear that wouldn't be the only blow he'd need to deal. The paradox huffed and stomped forward at Navy's call, and soon started to shake the very ground with its trembling charge. Daikenki was caught in the line of the charge, it was nearly impossible to dodge out from the elephant's great speed and ferocity, and the Samurott hissed as he was knocked full force and up into the air. Yuina gasped, that was a terrible hit... But... They could do this, they could, they were stronger together...[break][break]
"Daikenki, don't falter, you can do it," Yuina called out, growing frantic still, but she needed her Pokemon to know that she was watching, that she was here, and if she was okay, they were going to be okay. There were no threats here, she couldn't call on them out on that island when she too was running for her life, this was a completely different environment. The Samurott wavered as he fell back through the air, but he heard Yuina's call, and he barked as he bore his seamitars again with bared fangs. His dexterity was great, he leveraged himself, and moved to come back down on the GREAT TUSK again with another Razor Shell.[break][break]
Just as Daikenki righted himself, Nimbus' electricity from his Thunderbolt dissipated, and the CHARIZARD was far from done. In a brilliant flash of heat that Yuina could feel from the other side of the field, the fire type became alight with blazing fire. The blaze engulfed its entire figure, and soon it looked like a comet was coming down from the sky... And Nimbus was right in its path.[break][break]
"Give it everything Nimbus! Meet it in the air," Yuina shouted, and as the Electric Terrain still crackled along the ground, Nimbus sparked to life again as he rushed around on his tail. Moving at a fantastic speed, he too became alight with a massive electrical surge of energy, where the CHARIZARD looked like a comet, Nimbus rushed forward encompassed in a brilliant lightning strike as he rushed to meet the dragon with his Stoked Sparksurfer.

notes[break]
Daikenki gets knocked up into the air by GREAT TUSK'S Headlong Rush, manages to right himself to come down again and attempts to strike with Razor Shell again[break]
Comet meets lightning bolt as Nimbus rushes to meet CHARIZARD'S Flare Blitz with Z-Move Stoked Sparksurfer[break]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 17:08:17 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

After the peanut gallery has managed to retreat safely, they all break out into cheers. Navy battling in a public venue is a surprisingly rare occurrence. As much as they all talk about their sheriff, not many of these people have really seen him fight. Cast against what they see as a strong opponent, they all gawk at what going all out looks like.[break][break]
Sadly, that also means playing dirty.[break][break]
Rocket uses all kinds of mean tricks. He’s sure that Yuina’s seen a few. She’s in control right now, in her element. Truly fighting a battle means knowing how to compose yourself when forces outside your control move in and upset your plans.[break][break]
He purses his lips and gives a soft whistle. With everything going on, he’s sure no human heard it over the whipping winds. The signal wasn’t for a human.[break][break]
As Nimbus struck up with the z-move, the Raichu’s shadow began to bubble. The bubbling continues, with black liquid seeming to ooze out. Only when the attack is over, as Sol is left paralyzed and barely hanging on, does the thing lurking in the shadow strike.[break][break]
Hattori, a Greninja that is more large Frogadier than Greninja in size, lunges from the shadow. A shadowed kunai is in his hands, poised to strike at Nimbus. The shadow sneak is his favorite tactic, one that has carried Navy far. Hattori turns his one eye to Yuina, holding the kunai to Nimbus’s throat.[break][break]
In the midst of that clash, Navy almost doesn’t notice Ballbreaker being busted. His Great Tusk slumps to the ground, huffing. Despite his best efforts to stay up, the razor shell assault proves too much. Having been terastallized into a Pokemon vulnerable to water, fighting a beast adorned with a water crown no less, the strikes have left him wounded.[break][break]
What now?” He asks.[break][break]
The question is poised with purpose – to draw Yuina’s attention to him. Keep her eyes up. Facing forward.[break][break]
A Sneasel creeps behind her, trying to swipe some pokeballs like the thief she is.

notes about this post

Great Tusk is basically knocked out. Sol is heavily injured and paralyzed. Greninja shadow sneaks on Nimbus from his shadow, trying to take him hostage. While Navy tries to misdirect Yuina, Sneasel uses thief on her to try and snatch her pokeballs.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 18:34:24 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

All at once, everything collided on the battlefield and shook the tides of the fight for sure. Daikenki clashed with the GREAT TUSK after coming down from the air and flame and lightning exploded on contact as Nimbus rushed the CHARIZARD. But things didn't stop. Even as Yuina might have felt like she was turning the favor of the battle, she knew that she couldn't own up to something so soon, there was no way this was anywhere close to over.[break]
Navy said he was going to show her and teach her as much as he could, even if this was just supposed to be a show of what she can do, that didn't mean that the lesson didn't start the second that she initially sent Daikenki and Nimbus forward...[break][break]
The electricity surrounding Nimbus disippated from his powerful exertion, though he still maintained a bit of his energy with the Electric Terrain that still crackled along the ground. It was clear though that the Raichu took a heavy hit on clashing with the brute force of a Flare Blitz. The CHARIZARD was worse for wear though, Yuina recognized the signs of muscle spasm from Nimbus' electricity, the same ailment that had over taken Rasza in their fight against .[break][break]
The GREAT TUSK did not move after Daikenki's final assault, and Yuina was sure with one more strike the CHARIZARD would fall, but from beneath Nimbus a GRENINJA leaped out from the shadows themselves and was poised right at Nimbus' throat for a devastating strike... It was clear that this was what Navy meant to show her...[break][break]
Yuina looked out at Navy's call, wondering what she intended to do now, it was a delicate situation... If this were a fight for her life, for their lives, this would mean Nimbus' end if she couldn't think fast enough, and make sure at the same time that they could maintain the other adversary. Just because the CHARIZARD was wounded didn't mean it was through...[break][break]
"Nimbus, disorient and go," Yuina called out, thinking as quickly as she could manage. With how close the GRENINJA was, clutched to Nimbus and poised at his throat, Yuina had to imagine that the proximity would make this that much more impactful. Nimbus used Disarming Voice, screeching and screaming right in the water type's face, and if given even the smallest amount of release, the Raichu moved to rush away on his tail at an incredible speed to ride the crackling waves of his electricity.[break][break]
"Daikenki, shiageru," came her second command, one right after the other, and the Samurott barked as he rushed forward to attempt the finishing blow on the CHARIZARD, bearing his seamitars and looking to land what Yuina hoped would be a final Razor Shell on the fire type.

notes[break]
Nimbus uses the close proximity of GRENINJA to an advantage and screeches Disarming Voice to try and free himself and then zoom away[break]
Daikenki rushes for CHARIZARD with a Razor Shell to make sure the other adversary is down for the count[break]