may 17
Hau'oli City
bisexual
ranger
cadet
single
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
13 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mishra
Cassandra Mishra
Cassandra and the Rose [m]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 10:07:43 GMT
Cassandra Mishra Avatar
[attr="class","pizzabox"]
[attr="class","top"]
As she waited for Josh Devlin at the designated clearing near Petalburg Woods, Cassie tapped her foot and frowned. The report had said that a young girl named Rose had gone missing roughly three hours ago, which had prompted Cassie to drop everything she’d been doing and go to the rendezvous point immediately. Sure, she was a bit early, but a kid’s life was on the line here!

She was new to all this ranger stuff, but she already wanted to break with protocol and go searching herself. The impulse to go immediately was strong in her – only a few deep breaths were keeping her calm. Again, there was a kid at stake here.

With a twitch of her eyebrow, Cassie checked her phone. She wasn’t going to let any kid get hurt on her watch.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#0f2347; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 22:18:07 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
TO: (josh.devlin@hoennleague.gov)
CC: (cassandra.mishra@hoennrangers.gov)
MISSION: "The Roselia's Thorns"
PROTOCOL: Search-and-Rescue
DANGER: ★☆☆☆☆

We have received a distress call from a thirteen-year-old female trainer named Rose Kond was cornered by a wild and aggressive Roselia. She managed to climb up a tree and to safety and ward off the Roselia with the help of her Charmander, but her Pokémon is in bad shape and she cannot leave the tree without help. Your mission is to get her to ground level unharmed and bring her back to Petalburg City.

Your objective is as follows:

A) Locate and rescue the missing trainer

Please see attachment for Rose Kond's coordinates.

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

At last, an easy, peaceful ticket. Josh was sick and tired of being assigned Ranger tickets that bordered on Law Enforcement work. Breaking captured Pokémon out of a Rocket lab? Come on! That was Law Enforcement work, one hundred percent! More like work for a superspy you see in all those double-oh flicks that were popular with the previous generation. Either way, he was happy to take on easier work where his true skills shined.

Even more so, Josh could get back to one of his favorite pastimes within the Ranger: passing on his skills to new Rangers such as , whom he and Mirri, the great big Delcatty he was astride, approached. The normal-type mewed to announced her presence, the purple and cream cat standing just about as tall as the average person did. The blue-uniformed Elite Ranger broke down in laughter as the feline TICKLED his back. "Hey, stop it, Mirri!" Josh protested before turning to face the new Ranger.

"I take it you're Cassandra?" Josh asked to confirm. "Elite Ranger Devlin or Gym Leader Devlin, but please, call me Josh. It doesn't get any easier than this for your first ticket. We know where the girl is, there's no known threat to her, and town is close by in case something goes wrong. Did you bring a Pokémon that can climb or fly in tight spaces?"

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Mirri         Delcatty       Good
close tab

played by

Psychesaur

Cassie
she/her
may 17
Hau'oli City
bisexual
ranger
cadet
single
0 height
0 height
awards
13 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mishra
Cassandra Mishra
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 8:18:25 GMT
Cassandra Mishra Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

“A Gym Leader, huh? Pretty impressive.” Cassie blinked. “You sure you just want to be called Josh? I’m not so sure if you should get so chummy with your subordinates.” Of course, she was keenly aware of the disparity in power between the two – in every sense of the word.

Then Cassie nodded. “Yeah, I’ve got a Gyarados that fits the description. You sure the environment’s stable enough for us not to encounter anything nasty?” She didn’t want to run into a horde of Mightyena or anything, that would be unpleasant.

[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 18:47:08 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh set Mirri's reins down and threw his hands in the air. "There's no need to be so formal with me!" the Master of Faster insisted. "Don't think of me as your boss - think of me as just another coworker." Part of being a good leader was being approachable. Yes, the power disparity was very real, but he knew how valuable it was to have approachable superiors.

Josh's eyebrows rose noticeably at the mention of a Gyarados. "Is your Gyarados on the smaller side? Their flight can be a bit on the clumsy side. If they can maneuver well, it could work, but something a bit smaller than a Gyarados would be ideal. Like I said, if you don't have a Pokémon for it, I've got you covered." The newbie's concerns about nasty wilds did not go unheard. "There's nothing to worry about. Remember, I've got your back faster than anyone else does. They don't call me the Master of Faster for nothing!"

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Psychesaur

Cassie
she/her
may 17
Hau'oli City
bisexual
ranger
cadet
single
0 height
0 height
awards
13 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mishra
Cassandra Mishra
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 7:38:36 GMT
Cassandra Mishra Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

“Master of Faster, huh?” Cassie blinked and smiled. She sure hoped that he didn’t have trouble getting dates with that moniker of his, but she didn’t say that part out loud. At any rate, they had business to do – no time for corny and potentially insulting jokes.

“I don’t have any other Pokémon…so it’d probably be best if you took the lead, Josh. I don’t think Gheedra would be good for this precision operation anyway.” Cassie scratched the back of her head, then grinned. “Looks like I’ll just be following for now.”

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#00d2ff; position:relative; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 13:34:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"No worries," Josh tried to reassure Cassandra. "Your Gyarados will still be helpful when we get clear from the woods and have to take the little one home. Like I said, I have you covered!" The Gym Leader tossed a Poké Ball toward Cassandra's feet, a Flygon emerging from it. The cocoon saddle the creature wore may have beckoned her to hop on if she found riding a Pokémon entertaining; otherwise, the dragon-type would be content to hover between the two Rangers. His wings looked like cones of light as they sounded a pleasant hum from vibrating like an insect's.

"This is Verte," Josh introduced the Flygon. "He's reliable and easy to control. Just be wary of a bit of vibration. You might get a tingling sensation from flying on him." Regardless of travel arrangements, the Gym Leader and his Delcatty led the way toward their destination, his RaiCorp Vision showing him how close he was to his destination. "We shouldn't be too far now. You see her yet?"

{WC: 170}
{PC: 3}

Verte         Flygon         Good
close tab

played by

Psychesaur

Cassie
she/her
may 17
Hau'oli City
bisexual
ranger
cadet
single
0 height
0 height
awards
13 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mishra
Cassandra Mishra
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 8:16:28 GMT
Cassandra Mishra Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

“Hi, Verte!” said Cassandra, as she waved to the Flygon. Flygons were cute, but she didn’t voice that either for fear of embarrassing the little bugger. Well, big bugger – as she realized once she hopped onto the Flygon.

Cassie would be the first to admit that her Gyarados wasn’t the most maneuverable one around. Gyarados had trouble fitting into enclosed spaces, but their strengths lay elsewhere. And anyway, the point wasn’t to show off or win an imaginary contest; it was to rescue a girl.

Fortunately, Cassandra had another personal asset that could help – her eagle eyes. She quickly spotted a young girl matching Rose’s description wandering around, looking completely lost. “I’ve got a clear visual of the girl!” she said, her heart starting to pound. “I think we can swoop in and take this. Ready?”

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 7:35:29 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Verte chirped to return Cassandra's greeting before crouching to easily let her astride. The cocoon on the Flygon's back would be easy to climb into and zip up, ensuring the guest rider would not fall off. While Josh would encourage her to take advantage of it, the seat on the insectile dragon would accommodate her without taking advantage of the added security. Humming, blurred wings preceded the takeoff, giving the fresh Ranger an idea of just how agile Verte was. While the vibration was far from unbearable, it may have made Cassandra's hair stand on end if she was not used to it.

The girl's vision was impressive; when she called out the location, Josh scanned the nearby area, unable to confirm what she could see. "Where at?" he asked. "I cannot confirm your visual." As Mirri followed Verte, he could faintly see the trapped girl, Rose, as well as the Roselia keeping her there. "Wow, good eye! I don't know how you saw her from so far away. I can take care of the Roselia, and you can scoop Rose up. Sound like a winner?" In practice, it was less of a suggestion and more of an order.

With their duties apparent, Josh hurled a second Poké Ball toward the Roselia, Steel Needle the Gliscor emerging from it. The venomous ground-type menacingly flourished her tail and pincers in an effort to get the wild to back down. If Cassandra were to glance toward Steel Needle, she would see the Gliscor also wearing a saddle on her back. Were all of Josh's Pokémon trained to carry a human?

{WC: 269}
{PC: 4}

Steel Needle  Gliscor        Good
close tab

played by

Psychesaur

Cassie
she/her
may 17
Hau'oli City
bisexual
ranger
cadet
single
0 height
0 height
awards
13 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mishra
Cassandra Mishra
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 13:29:09 GMT
Cassandra Mishra Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

When she saw the wild Roselia, Cassie bit her tongue. She could, if necessary, deal with it – but it looked like Josh was on it already, and she’d make much more of a mess with Gheedra. Instead, she rode over to Rose, then got down and heaved the fallen log off the young girl.

“Hey there, champ. Rose, right?” she said, beaming down at the aforementioned kid. Once Rose nodded, Cassie helped her up with ease. “You look like you were in a pickle, kid. Do you have any partner Pokémon with you?”

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 7:59:44 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Cassandra was able to locate and free Rose with relative ease, the girl a little scared of Verte. "M-my Charmander, but she's in bad shape," she answered. "She needs Antidote, bad, and I had to use my last one..." Seeing her trainer in good hands, the fire-type, the tip at the end of its tail looking like mere cinders, desperately crawled toward its partner.

Back on the other side of the tree, the Roselia's thorns were proving to be a lot tougher to handle than he expected. What were such powerful Pokémon doing so close to the road to begin with? Were Rangers dropping the ball on keeping overly strong Pokémon from encroaching upon well-traveled thoroughfares? That was not relevant; the only relevant part of his duty was keeping this Roselia busy long enough for Cassandra to get the girl out of there.

"ACROBATICS, Steel Needle."

The ground-type performed a powerful flip, slamming the blunt end of its tail into the grass-type. They had the upper hand for only a moment, though, triggering a discharge of STUN SPORE from one of its rose-arms and leaving Steel Needle unable to glide.

{WC: 192}
{PC: 5}

Steel Needle  Gliscor        Stun
close tab

played by

Psychesaur

Cassie
she/her
may 17
Hau'oli City
bisexual
ranger
cadet
single
0 height
0 height
awards
13 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mishra
Cassandra Mishra
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 9:17:01 GMT
Cassandra Mishra Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

Cassie smiled. In these moments, it was important to put on a strong face – especially when kids were involved, given how easily they would panic otherwise. “Hey, don’t worry. My partner’s going to take care of it, alright?” she said, as she reached for her first-aid kit. In a moment, she was healing up Rose’s Charmander until it was at least stable. The academy had taught her well.

As she helped Rose up, Cassie motioned to Verte. “Now come on, let’s get you out of here. Don’t worry; he won’t harm you,” she said, before helping Rose up onto the Flygon’s back. That was all they said before they zipped off to safety.

After all, Cassie was sure that Josh could handle a little wild Roselia, right? He was a Gym Leader, for crying out loud!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 4:43:08 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The hum of Flygon wings zipping past Josh and Mirri was an indicator that Cassandra had rescued the girl. The giggling from the young teen cued Josh in that she seemed to not only be well, but having fun being ferried to safety. Verte's vibration was one worry Josh had about Cassandra controlling the Flygon, but she seemed to have a good handle on it! Hopefully they wouldn't be too dizzy when they inevitably dismounted.

The STUN SPORE was a defensive act to get the Gliscor to back off. After the ACROBATICS shredded many of the petals of one of its roses, Steel Needle's tail muscles went limp, letting the wild get out from under the venomous, pointed appendage and to safety of its own. "Wait for me, Cassandra!" Josh shouted as he withdrew Steel Needle, unsure if the Ranger could hear her over the vibrating wings. "Mirri, DOUBLE TEAM!" With surprising speed for a commonly-domesticated feline, she sprinted after the dragon in a blur of trailing images.

{WC: 168}
{PC: 6}

Steel Needle  Gliscor        Stun