Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
DEN OF SEVIPERS
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 6:00:12 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

The office of Underboss Fiorelli held an austerity that felt uniquely her own.[break][break]

An antique desk of dark mahogany stretched out before an imposing leather chair, devoid of the technology that most other offices possessed. Instead, an intricate folio of excessively organized files was visible front and center, as well as pens that wrote so beautifully you could almost forgive them for how much they cost.[break][break]

Ever since Elisabeth's ascent to Avatar, however, her personal hallmark of calla lilies had ceased to be a fixture in her professional space. That heady and intoxicating scent had once been the first thing that greeted anyone who asked for her attention. Over the past few months, it had been replaced with dried potpourri, a far fainter perfume than its previous counterpart, before the attempt to mask her inability to raise plants was discarded entirely.[break][break]

When opened the heavy double doors to her office, he'd see the blonde woman intently fixated on the files splayed in front of her, emerald eyes narrowed in intense focus.[break][break]

He'd see a delicate pink orchid flourishing in a glass vase, too, in perfect bloom.[break][break]

"Admin Slayte," she opened, glancing up at him with a small, polite smile as she gestured to the seat across from her. "How timely. Please, sit."

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
DEN OF SEVIPERS
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 6:21:32 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Snail or not, Elisabeth had good taste in décor. It was a shame she had almost gotten Howard killed.

The recently promoted Rocket Admin did not fail to notice that he had been summoned to Underboss Fiorelli's office, instead of her casually stopping by. Being torn away from his duties of balancing Team Rocket's budget—and planning for the future—in favor his her convenience. There was a gap in rank between the two. One that would have to be respected.

Or he would suffer.

Elisabeth's office was splendid. Spending time sending grunts to fight Wo-chien gave one plenty of time to determine what type of perfume would fit the decor, Howard supposed. His office wasn't nearly as nice, even if he hadn't finished moving into it.

The scent of decay was in the air. Mors vincit omnia.

"Underboss Fiorelli. It's an honor to meet you." Howard bowed his head, before striding to take his seat. It was not a powerful stride, nor was it particularly confident. It was clear that he was not cut from the same cloth as his colleagues. The confident stride of someone who knew he was in charge was abandoned in favor of a stride in the presence of giants.

Move, or be crushed.

"You'll forgive me for not looking my best. My best clothes are at the dry cleaner. Wo-chien stains are tough to get out." His clothes were adequate. A simple button up shirt. A simple pair of pants. The only thing of note was an eyepatch. "How many I be of service?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
DEN OF SEVIPERS
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 6:42:35 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

His meekness of presentation didn't translate to cowardice. Elisabeth's eyes flashed with silent delight at the not-so-subtle jabs buried in his calm, polite rhetoric, and her smile widened.[break][break]

Rather than speak to that little defiance, she smoothly carried the conversation onward, making note of that insubordination for later.[break][break]

"Nothing to forgive, of course. We all make concessions in Rocket. Wardrobe, thankfully, is one that is easily enough remedied."[break][break]

She leaned forward, resting her chin on her hands as she studied him in silence for a moment. No consideration was given to the aforementioned stain on his clothing, or any of his appearance, truth be told.[break][break]

Instead, Elisabeth met his single eye and held it, as if seeking to see the inner gears working inside of his mind.[break][break]

"I never congratulated you on your promotion," she said, her tone pleasant and sweet as a spring breeze. It could sound jarring, perhaps, given her reputation in the organization. "Why were you selected, do you think?"[break][break]

The clock ticked overhead like a metronome, counting down every precious second spent waiting for his answer.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
DEN OF SEVIPERS
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 7:05:08 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Was this the same Elisabeth? The same one that the grunts in the breakroom complained about whenever they were assigned to a mission under her jurisdiction? She seemed relatively... harmless.

Of course it was. Howard chided himself silently as he steepled his fingers and stared back at her. People garnered reputations for a reason. History was full of people who had been given false reputations, but Howard doubted that this extended to Elisabeth Fiorelli. You didn't become one of the most powerful people in Team Rocket without a black heart.

Being locked in a bathroom with her Wo-Chien didn't help matters either.

"I must confess, the promotion was surprising." Howard admitted, eye flitting to the orchid. It looked out of place in this room, though he couldn't discern how. "I'm not particularly valuable. I make Team Rocket a lot of money, but so does a slot machine."

In contrast to his meek demeanor, his eye was bright and alert. The gaze of someone taking account of the situation and thinking about how to get out of it with minimal losses. Like a rat in a trap, considering gnawing off its own leg to escape with its life. The gaze of someone who knew more than they let on.

"Was it the report?" Howard pondered aloud, scratching his chin. "Or my performance on that island recently?"

Truthfully, Howard could think of a dozen reasons. The closest one was that someone had praised his talents. , maybe? The most realistic once was something Howard would never confess: Team Rocket was scraping at the bottom of the barrel.

"Thank you for your kind words, however. They honor me. My office is admittedly nicer than my room on the submarine. I don't know what to do with the extra room!"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
DEN OF SEVIPERS
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 7:17:35 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Come now, Slayte. It's only us here." A hand languidly circled, conveying the intimacy of their closed-off space. "No need for modesty. A vending machine isn't possessed of a mind, you know."[break][break]

Being a leader involved being keenly aware of one's own weaknesses, and in this respect, Elisabeth was blessed with far more than she'd openly admit to. Finances were one of them. A golden childhood burdened by her father's debt, then a marriage to a man wealthier than Croseus, left her poorly equipped to handle such matters. Extravagance beget extravagance.[break][break]

Her first time experiencing the reality of the slums had been in Slateport, a shy and deferent Grunt walking in the shadows of the dark-haired stranger that Howard would later know as Admin Bee. Thinking of brought a secret warmth to her smile, and she did her best to divert her thoughts from that unasked-for distraction.[break][break]

"My words aren't kind, either," she continued, her hand returning to rest flat on the table. "They are earned. Your report, yes, was of interest to me, but I will admit it is not what inspired this little meeting."[break][break]

The faintest ripple of amusement laced through her final thought.[break][break]

"Although if you like, we could speak on possible office decor?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
DEN OF SEVIPERS
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 8:19:33 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I cannot hope to match your decorations. They're quite lavish compared to mine."

He should know. Ever since being entrusted with Rocket's financial situation, Howard was acutely aware of how much was being spent. To make matters worse, Team Rocket's supply chain was barely keeping up with the flow required to sustain such a large organization. Team Rocket had affluent members, such as Amor and Elisabeth, but their fortunes were their own.

Ensuring that Team Rocket grew financially was a tough job, even with the taxation of Sootopolis. Nonetheless, Howard had plans. He wondered if that was why he was promoted, to be a target for financial failings when things went south.

"I've omitted technology from mine to avoid data leakage, and I'm beginning to import several artifacts from my personal stash in Rustboro." Howard smiled lightly. Even if he was an Admin now, he still had a love for archaeology and history. "There's a crystal skeleton I was thinking of putting in the corner, and I've paid some grunts to transfer a few vases that belonged to an old Paldean artisan from four hundred years ago."

Paid? Grunts? They didn't need to do that. That alone was already abnormal. There was nothing stopping an Admin from ordering around lesser members of Team Rocket.

"Naturally, there is no cause for concern." Howard continued, retreating slightly. "Team Rocket's coffers will not be emptied on this. It will not cost a penny."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
DEN OF SEVIPERS
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 8:31:21 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

At this remark about her lavish decorations, Elisabeth laughed. It was a bright, chiming sound, nothing like the cruel and sneering mockery that most grunts rightfully now identified with her.[break][break]

"Humility first, then flattery? Ah, Admin Slayte, you play this game too well to be promoted out of error."[break][break]

Plenty of Rockets were poor conversationalists, although skilled elsewhere. Beast came to mind.[break][break]

Some matters called for the finesse of a turned screw, rather than the bluntness of a hammer.[break][break]

"Although you have stumbled most fortuitously onto the current matter at hand," she said, evidently pleased at this little digression into his personal interests. "Forget the budget and the reports for a moment. It is history I wish to speak of."[break][break]

The file in front of her was turned over, revealing an ancient illustration of Hoenn's famed trio of Legendaries: Rayquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre.[break][break]

"What do you know of Hoenn's history with these legendary deities?" she asked, an eyebrow arched. "This is a purposely broad question, Slayte, because I am interested in what you find is worth commenting on."[break][break]

She was too close to the subject at hand to have a third-party perspective. He'd be valuable to her for that alone.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
DEN OF SEVIPERS
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 9:51:41 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Stumbling is what I do best. It's best to let people think you can only stumble when you actually intend to run." Howard nodded casually, eye glinting. As the conversation continued, he relaxed slightly. He'd likely never be able to truly speak his mind with Elisabeth, but that was perfectly acceptable.

A separation between Admin and Underboss had to be maintained. It was a division built on recognition of authority, something that few truly realized. Rocket Beasts were ferocious, and could snap at the heels of Admins and Underbosses, but they could not run an organization.

They were aware of that, and thus the balance of power remained stable. There was one exception, but Howard buried it out of sight and out of mind.

"Legendaries..." Howard tasted the word. How ironic. Each time he was called to a superior's office, it was with this in mind. Amor and his Regidrago, Barnaby and his birds, Elisabeth and Hoenn's trinity. Did they think he could offer anything they hadn't already thought of?

"Groudon could solve housing crises, but it's used by a war criminal. Kyogre is stopping us from controlling the sea, and it keeps sinking our assets. Rayquaza is more useful as a symbol than anything else, and has maintained its dignity as a result." Howard drummed his hands against the chair in thought.

Legendary Pokemon were history made manifest. The fact that they were used for such petty purposes was demeaning. There was so much history that they could verify with them, but instead they got to deal with them being used in a glorified turf war. It was demeaning. A spit on the legacy of Hoenn as a region.

"They're also mentioned in Maximillion's Land, Sea, and Sky, and a thousand other texts. I could monologue, but there's too much material to sift through. Put simply, they're stores of knowledge, and they're trouble."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
DEN OF SEVIPERS
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 21:19:32 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She listened with an unflinching intensity, one utterly bereft of ambition or greed. This wasn't an ask born out of the desire to harness more power; it was preparation for a crisis, one she increasingly believed to be inevitable.[break][break]

"I'll cut to the chase. The League, and its Avatar, has evidently lost control of Kyogre." If he had any visible reaction to the statement, she watched for it eagerly. "Given the state of Groudon's Avatar, I could see a similar situation manifesting in the near future as well."[break][break]

Her hands lowered to her lap, folding together as she leaned into her chair with a tiny sigh.[break][break]

"People think they can control deities. There is a sense that the Avatar is the one with power in the dynamic, but that is rarely if ever the case. So we must make contingencies."[break][break]

Which begged the question: why summon , of all Rockets? As if anticipating this question, she flipped the page over, this time showing a different picture.[break][break]

"Fortunately, known artifacts can influence this. Red Shards in the case of Groudon, and Blue Shards in the case of Kyogre."[break][break]

Emerald eyes flitted up to meet him.[break][break]

"The latter had in his possession due to the generosity of the Megalopolan, Velmos. But I wonder if your network might be able to locate others?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
DEN OF SEVIPERS
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 4:54:01 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Elisabeth's observation would warrant results. Howard's eye widened as she doled out the news of Kyogre's defection from the Pokémon League.

Defection? No. A god could not defect from anyone but the divine. The Pokémon League thought they had a god on a leash, and their wings had been clipped by Kyogre's divine wrath. It was poetic, even if it terrified Howard. If Groudon followed suit...

"This..." Howard began, fingers laced as he considered the implications of Groudon's potential ascension from the chains of humanity. "...is spectacular news!"

The archaeologist spread his hands graciously, hiding the fear building in his soul. One god roaming free, and another soon to join? This was revolutionary! History was being made! it was as if Elisabeth had given him a Wintertide present. He leaned forward excitedly. "Our position grows more secure! Any loss to the Pokémon League is a victory for us. For this one, we hardly had to lift a finger!"

With a quick laugh, his expression quickly grew somber again. Kyogre running around could sink supply ships, and each sunken ship was a blow to his supply chain.

"Yet, if Rocket's Legendary Pokémon follow suit..." Howard silently thought of a certain Rocket Beast as he uttered those words. "...it would not be good. I am a new Admin, and I am still reorganizing my existing network alongside new assets. It might be possible. How many do we need?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
DEN OF SEVIPERS
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 5:41:54 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

A tiny furrow dented her brow, and she frowned, failing to reflect the same enthusiasm as him. "To be honest, I don't know," she confessed. The orchid shed a single petal the deeper she frowned, its stem seeming to bend in sympathy as she hunched forward in her seat. "We know that its Avatar believes he needs to absorb many Red Shards to harness and empower Groudon, but I wonder what that looks like in practice."[break][break]

More primal intoxication? Another Bailey Cooper? Another Kyogre on the rampage, leaving ruin and a scorched earth wherever it wandered?[break][break]

"There's so much we don't understand about what deities want, or what the consequences are for giving them those things."[break][break]

Her own were included in that count. What would the consequences be for giving Tapu Fini access to its former Avatar? What would the consequences be if she let Wo-chien have full reign of her mind again, pulling on those scabbing wounds of her fragile psyche?[break][break]

"So the more control we have, the better we can mitigate any damage."[break][break]

It likely was a cowardly stance to many within Rocket. She suspected the Rocket Boss intended to wield both Groudon and Kyogre to their full effect.[break][break]

But that was his stance over the incoming meteor, too. And they hadn't seen eye-to-eye at that summit, either.[break][break]

He left her a loose thread dangling in his answer, and she pulled on it, curious to see what else might unravel if she did.[break][break]

"If our Avatars lost control, Admin Slayte, what do you suppose our next plan of action should be?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
DEN OF SEVIPERS
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 10:19:03 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
He hadn't known that about Groudon's Avatar. Though admittedly, he knew little about Avatars as a whole. He cared even less. Howard had fought one: . He had gotten out of that fight because Isaac had little interest in crushing him, and because Howard knew when he was beat.

It was a shame that humility was a skill that was vanishing quickly. When fighting on a battlefield of giants, it was best to avoid being stomped. Amor knew far more about Avatars, anyway. Howard knew that if he saw one, to run the other way. That didn't just apply to those from the Pokémon League, but for those within Team Rocket.

Such as the one sitting across from him.

"They want whatever they desire. They don't need to explain anything to people like us." Howard said thoughtfully. In that sense, Legendary Pokémon were strangely human. Or perhaps there was an intersection where humanity and divinity converged. "It's why every account of one has a contradictory goal. We're attempting to classify gods, and gods cannot be bought. Not by prayer, not by song."

It was cowardice, but Rocket viewed the emotion with disdain. Howard viewed it with a mixture of disgust and respect. Cowardice kept people breathing. It kept people from dying. When Howard had shed it to fight with in the depths of that island, Howard had never felt so alive.

"Kill them." Howard said, thinking of one Avatar in particular. "Avatars are fueled by the desires of their benefactor, right? Their only tactical advantage is that they put us on the same position as the Pokémon League. If one side uses them, the other must to."

A moment later, Howard quietly chuckled.

"Apologies. I'm seeing the shadows of gods in every corner. No matter how we move, they entrap us. There's no easily solution to this, Underboss Fiorelli."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
DEN OF SEVIPERS
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 18:59:51 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"You're correct," she replied, and this time her own voice harbored a pensive softness. "We would kill them."[break][break]

Hadn't this been why she distrusted Rocket enough to hide her second Avatarship? Hadn't this been why she didn't reveal this newfound distance between her and Wo-chien, for fear they'd know her to be weaker than before?[break][break]

Hadn't it been why couldn't even look her in the eye after news of her Avatarship spread, severing whatever friendship they'd both had over his anger that she'd let a god possess her?[break][break]

How close she sensed she was, to being a liability rather than an asset.[break][break]

"But what do you suppose happens, even to the most meek and docile lab Rattatta," Elisabeth asked him, delicately placing her files back into place, "when they discover they're cornered?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
DEN OF SEVIPERS
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 19:23:11 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"They bite." Howard said quietly, following the path Elisabeth had laid out for him. "These are not Rattatas, scurrying around and gnawing at our supplies. Even if they do that, anyways. Maybe Avatars are Rattatas, or even Raticates."

Meek and docile? Did she mean him? Was this what Elisabeth saw when looking his way? Howard drummed his fingers against the chair in thought. A meek and docile rat, scurrying about? He could live with that. Even if it came at the cost of his freedom.

That way, he could lurk beneath Elisabeth's watchful eye. Yet he suspected that his promotion would rob him of that. There were only four Admins, after all. Even the least noteworthy still drew the gaze of others.

"There's no easy way to take away a child's toy, especially if that toy is a weapon." Howard sighed. His missing eye was itching again. It always happened when he was stressed, which meant it was now happening constantly. "You're an interesting woman, Underboss Fiorelli."

His eye flicked to the orchid.

"Aren't you an Avatar? Or is Wo-chien simply there for the... décor?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
DEN OF SEVIPERS
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 19:38:56 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

The smile that now blossomed across her lips held a certain slyness as she propped her chin on her hand, considering him. "I," she replied, "am a Rattatta that's been forced to bare my fangs one too many times."[break][break]

Would Howard recognize the quiet poisoner she'd been, she wondered, as the underboss in front of him now? She doubted it. There was a reason her unveiling had shocked so many who'd believed her to be nothing but a pleasant, well-mannered florist.[break][break]

"There's a saying where I'm from: 'Fais-toi mouton, le loup te mangera.' It means, 'Be a sheep, the wolf will eat you.'"[break][break]

She believed in that philosophy wholeheartedly, and it showed in the way she spoke it into existence with all the solemnity of a holy proclamation.[break][break]

The orchid bent further beneath the weight of that statement, shuddering as the woman let out a soft sigh.[break][break]

"To be an Avatar isn't to gain a toy, Admin Slayte. It's to become a toy, one that gods and monsters alike don't play gently with, and that mortals want to possess just as fiercely."[break][break]

A bitterness seeped into her smile.[break][break]

"Don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise."

[attr="class","pkmn"]