Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FATED STARS
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 5:16:55 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

Of the many Rocket safehouses that could have been chosen for this rendezvous, Meteor Falls felt remote enough for her liking. No people meant no questions, and importantly, no observation. And this far up above the world, it was difficult to be caught unawares.[break][break]

Elisabeth craned her head upwards as she waited for the Rocket admin to join her, taking in the spectacular view of the star-strewn sky.[break][break]

She regretted agreeing to this almost immediately. A distant, prickling sensation at the back of her neck confirmed her discomfort as a distant, hateful presence seeped into her consciousness. Chien-Pao, she presumed.[break][break]

When she shut her eyes, it was like a wall of pink mist clouded her mind still, while a terrible beast roamed outside it restlessly -- waiting for any way in to breach her defenses. Slithering. Hissing its displeasure at her defiance.[break][break]

Show no weakness, she reminded herself, adamant, and stood up to greet her fellow Ruinous Avatar.[break][break]

"Cross," she opened, then paused with evident confusion.[break][break]

Strangely, the silhouette of his patron didn't come into view beside him. The man himself had been enough to trigger her unease.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
FATED STARS
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 5:46:59 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dejavu"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","textbody"]

[attr="class","avatarimg"]
Teach me.

[break][break] The last time they had met, Jayden had not yet gotten a handle on his powers. In fact, this time, it could barely be considered that he had a grasp of them — the hateful fog around his thoughts still persisted, especially when he was apart from people like or , or even someone like .

[break][break] Yet, time is a healer of wounds, and though he is stitched up and broken, he is at least still capable.

[break][break] Capable enough, at least, to meet and follow-up on the promise that they made to each other. Monsters together. Had Jayden not already committed atrocities in the name of Rocket, again and again? Had Jayden not been raised by a monster, destined to be one?

[break][break] 'Not enough,' a voice inside of him echoed, throbbed painfully with the need to surpass what he had been given. CHIEN PAO was no longer in sight, at least not today, and yet he could feel it's influence. It enveloped him completely, exuding from him like a venom, until it dripped from his skin even as he ventured into the radiance of the starlit night.

[break][break] "Underboss Fiorelli," he said. But rather than dip his head towards her, his bruised violet eyes caught her own. "... is everything alright?"

[break][break] He said after a moment, catching her lingering gaze.

[break][break] Or perhaps, like everything else, had he imagined it?

[break]

[attr="class","symbol"]
[attr="class,"cp cp-skull"]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]
hush (dd)

[attr="class","pkmnlist"]

[attr="class","milkycred"]
MILKY

[newclass=".dejavu"] --accent:#7c6678; --speech:#7c6678; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody b"] color:var(--speech); font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody i"] color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody u"] color:var(--speech); font-style:italic; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .top"] border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px; background-color:#2B2B2B; height:50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody"] padding:40px 80px; text-align:justify; font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.2px; color:#ddd; background:#222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:15px solid var(--accent); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody .avatarimg"] height:85px; width:85px; float: left; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .tag"] font:11px 'Poppins'; color:rgba(250,250,250,0.5); border-top:1px solid #333; text-align:right; margin-top:30px; padding-top:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .tag a"] font: 10px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:5px; text-transform:uppercase; color:inherit!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .symbol .cp"] font-size:15px; margin-top:39px; position:absolute; background:#2B2B2B; padding:10px; border:1px solid #333; color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .milkycred"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee; background:#222; padding:2px 10px; position:absolute; top:25px; right:-40px; transform:rotate(90deg); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .milkycred a"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee!important; text-decoration:none; } .dejavu .pkmnlist span { filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FATED STARS
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 5:56:03 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

What a loaded question. Is anyone ever alright, she almost quipped back, but had always been a literal man. He might take her comment too seriously, and in doing so, stumble on some truths she'd rather not say aloud.[break][break]

"I am well enough," she conceded instead, rising up to meet him. "The recent battles have been taxing on us all. I'm certain you are no exception."[break][break]

Even as she said those words, though, she doubted them. She couldn't place what this aura emanating from him was -- Was it confidence? A righteousness? Or palpable rage, perhaps? -- but whatever it was, it left her wary.[break][break]

She understood the monster that Wo-chien was, but Chien-Pao was still a stranger to her.[break][break]

"I'm told you're taking to your Avatarship well?"[break][break]

More accurately, she supposed, would be this statement: Rocket is pleased with your bloodlust.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
FATED STARS
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 6:09:27 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dejavu"]
[attr="class","top"]

It was sudden. Visceral.

[break][break] The reminder of past battles stirred forth memories of that sandy beach, of the fog of battle, and most importantly — the burning amber gaze of .

[break][break] Who'd had escaped his grasp, once again.

[break][break] Alive.

[break][break] Bitterness roared in his chest, fingers curled into fists at his side. Ice crawled up the expanse of his arm, and it took everything within him to stay still. Eyes flashed from amethyst to icy blue and blistered white.

[break][break] "I fought and lost."

[break][break] The hatred poured through his icy veins, vicious enough to lash out at her, before they quickly curled back within. He was reminded of the words that had said to him, not so long ago.

[break][break] 'Don't let that be a mistake.'

[break][break] DON'T BE A MISTAKE.

[break][break] A MISTAKE.

[break][break] A sharp, cold inhale.

[break][break] "I suppose you could say that," he said instead, fingers slowly unfurling from his fists. "Though, I think that's why we're here today. To test me?"

[break][break] He blinked at her, curiosity invading his violet-hued gaze, as if he was genuinely asking.

[break][break]

[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]
hush (dd)

MILKY

[newclass=".dejavu"] --accent:#7c6678; --speech:#7c6678; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody b"] color:var(--speech); font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody i"] color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody u"] color:var(--speech); font-style:italic; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .top"] border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px; background-color:#2B2B2B; height:50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody"] padding:40px 80px; text-align:justify; font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.2px; color:#ddd; background:#222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:15px solid var(--accent); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody .avatarimg"] height:85px; width:85px; float: left; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .tag"] font:11px 'Poppins'; color:rgba(250,250,250,0.5); border-top:1px solid #333; text-align:right; margin-top:30px; padding-top:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .tag a"] font: 10px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:5px; text-transform:uppercase; color:inherit!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .symbol .cp"] font-size:15px; margin-top:39px; position:absolute; background:#2B2B2B; padding:10px; border:1px solid #333; color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .milkycred"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee; background:#222; padding:2px 10px; position:absolute; top:25px; right:-40px; transform:rotate(90deg); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .milkycred a"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee!important; text-decoration:none; } .dejavu .pkmnlist span { filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FATED STARS
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 6:28:38 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

A familiar pinprick of fear, born of survival instinct, struck her like a bolt of lightning as his expression changed. She'd been too acquainted with dangerous, unpredictable men not to sense that shift in tension and energy.[break][break]

"I understand," she said quietly, placatingly, as she averted his violet eyes. "I failed to kill his brother, too. But we continue onwards, and I can assure you, the chance to enact vengeance will be yours again."[break][break]

By her own hand, no less. She debated on whether she should bring up that information now or later, until he decided for her, prodding her on the nature of their meeting.[break][break]

What a fraud she was, taking on the role of mentor while her own patron was banished behind a wall of pink mist and a frightened voice in her own mind begging it to leave her alone.[break][break]

"I'm curious how far your powers have progressed," she said instead, meeting his gaze. The steeliness of a command entered her tone as she gestured to their empty surroundings. "Show me."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
FATED STARS
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 7:36:56 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dejavu"]
[attr="class","top"]

"His... brother?"

[break][break] It's not the way that she diverts her gaze, but rather her words that are able to pull him out of his fog of rage. Confusion for a moment flits through gems of amethyst, as he struggles to connect her words.

[break][break] "Oh. ."

[break][break] For the most part, his hatred of was single-handed. But he knew that there was more about the Silph regime that struck Hoenn like a cancer, including that of . Although he did not know the man personally, Jayden was well-aware that the CEO was on Rocket's Black List. In more ways than one.

[break][break] He considers asking her about it, but her assurance that there will be another time to strike settles him. At least for the time being.

[break][break] There are other things at play.

[break][break] Glancing at her with seriousness, his body straightened. Like a puppet to a puppeteer, the Underboss' words draw something from within, deeper than the crater in his stomach. The importance of Rocket's loyalty, his birthright, and the strength of an Underboss' order.

[break][break] Just as he had shown , a sword draws from his hand. Immediate, falling into his palm like it was meant to be there, an icy rapier manifests in thin air.

[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]
hush (dd)

MILKY

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FATED STARS
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 1:53:12 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

It wasn't the display of Jayden's power that unmoored her, exactly.[break][break]

When she considered the dread that welled up inside of her, it wasn't the sharp, glistening blade of ice that instilled such trepidation, but the cold, piercing glare of his eyes as they met her own. How calculating that cool gaze was, and how precise was the violence he manifested at her command.[break][break]

"You seem at ease with it," she commented, thinking of how her own powers had such a different cadence -- unruly, twisting vines that broke through the earth with barely-restrained fury. "Is that difficult for you, maintaining your composure?"[break][break]

Did he fight a war in his own mind, when he summoned such power? Or was it a numbness of feeling, instead?

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
FATED STARS
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 2:00:44 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dejavu"]
[attr="class","top"]

"I wouldn't say ease."

[break][break] It was not quite unease either. But as surely marveled at Jayden's composure, the warring emotions inside of him implied a lacktherof. There was nothing calm or contained about the way that he felt these days. It was as if those fangs that had sunken into 's wound had woken inside of him something awful and monstrous, and it was only by way of this sword that he could release his pent-up feelings.

[break][break] The icy rapier was not a weapon, but rather an extension of his own arm. His very being. As if it was so easy - so simple - to brand the HATRED as his own and cut flesh clean from bone.

[break][break] "It is more..." he said, thoughtful, as his fingers tightened around the base of the sword. "It is more that I have no other choice. That it is a release, then it is a maintenance."

[break][break] At that, his hand opened. A fist that unfolded into a palm, and in a dash of starlight, the sword vanished into thin air.

[break][break] He sucked in a deep breath, inhaling wintry air.

[break][break] "This - " Living, breathing, existing "- Is much more difficult."

[break][break] His eyes flickered towards her once more.

[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]
hush (dd)

MILKY

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FATED STARS
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 2:12:57 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Ah. This she understood.[break][break]

She'd felt that she had no choice that day, either. The emotions of her Ruinous patron had been overpowering and all-encompassing.[break][break]

It left no room for anything else to feel.[break][break]

As sheathed his frost-wrought rapier, Elisabeth found herself stepping closer to him to listen. His mask hid his inner torment better, perhaps, but it was a mask all the same.[break][break]

An impulsive desire to comfort him seized her, one she fought off immediately as she glanced away from him, refusing to meet his stare.[break][break]

"A release implies an existing supply of something awaiting use. I am similar, with Wo-chien."[break][break]

Even saying the deity's name felt like invoking some terrible, creeping dread.[break][break]

"Emotions drive my power, much like fuel drives a machine. It requires me to center myself on a thought, a feeling, or a memory long enough for it to catch fire in me. And I channel that fury into action."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
FATED STARS
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 7:13:52 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dejavu"]
[attr="class","top"]

Awaiting use.

[break][break] Perhaps had a point.

[break][break] They had this conversation before. Jayden's purpose in the organization, and how his birthright had subscribed him to it from the moment he'd been born. And how the organization was his purpose — or so he had thought, for the longest time.

[break][break] But perhaps everything up to this point had prepared him for Avatarship with Chien Pao. All of Dmitri's teachings, all of 's efforts. A life full of pain and suffering, after all, was perfectly suited for a life of tolerance.

[break][break] "Do you find it hard to do? To tap into emotion?"

[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]
hush (dd)

MILKY

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FATED STARS
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 7:29:21 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"No," she said quietly, her arms wrapping around herself. "That part is easy, actually. The feeling."[break][break]

Hadn't she always felt too deeply? She loved too deeply; she lost too deeply; she grieved too deeply. She envied those who existed as seemingly emotionless husks devoid of guilt, remorse, or wanting.[break][break]

It was perhaps what drew her to people like , who seemed above such fragile mortal weakness. They walked with a confidence she'd never felt in herself, and an indifference to the petty concerns of others.[break][break]

"What's difficult is the containing and controlling of it, so it doesn't become all-consuming."[break][break]

The words slipped out thoughtlessly, but when she glanced up at , she suspected he didn't see it for the confession that it was.[break][break]

"I struggle with moderation. So I admire your restraint, Admin Cross."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
FATED STARS
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 20:28:37 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dejavu"]
[attr="class","top"]

"I see."

[break][break] His throat felt suddenly thick.

[break][break] Had he not felt that way, once before? But it had been such a long time ago, as a child, before he'd stayed right before as the man had asked him to slay his Eevee.

[break][break] It should not have been hard - at the time, Jayden had already been responsible for the death of humans too - but it had been.

[break][break] And ever since then, Rocket had cut out his feelings, like a tumor that needed to be removed.

[break][break] And now, Chien Pao had —

[break][break] For a moment, his vision fogged. Not over with hatred or resentment, but a difficult of an old memory resurfacing.

[break][break] "I don't know if it is restraint," he said at last. "As much as tolerance."

[break][break] "Feelings have never been easy for me. Or emotions."

[break][break] "Not since - " he cut himself off then, biting his lip.

[break][break] Since .

[break][break] But he didn't want to say that.

[break][break] "And now that I feel them now, all the time, I often find myself wondering what to do with them."

[break][break] An afterthought.

[break][break] "But the pain is easier."

[break][break]
[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]
hush (dd)

MILKY

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FATED STARS
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 23:33:21 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Pain is always easier," she agreed with him, though silently some part of her added, "Until it isn't."[break][break]

How similar were they, she wondered? She recalled how 's face had twisted with envious rage, spitting out threats far too personal to be a councilman's obligation to the League, or an investigator's desire to uncover the truth.[break][break]

Chi-yu had left its mark on Penelope, too, and transformed Elisabeth into something so vile for the councilwoman, reason alone couldn't explain it.[break][break]

Hadn't Wo-chien done the same for her, with ?[break][break]

"What is it you feel, when you summon your blade?" she asked, gesturing to the absence of starlit ice in his hand. "Does it pain you?"[break][break]

Do you suffer, too?

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,153 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
FATED STARS
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 20:24:35 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dejavu"]
[attr="class","top"]

"What I... feel?"

[break][break] He frowned, considering the thought. It was as if his mind spoke for him, however, because suddenly white ice reappeared in his hand. However, instead of the icy rapier from before — one that mimicked the same blades he used to spar with — a broadsword replaced it. The very same one that he attempted to smash ' skull in with.

[break][break] "Nothing," was his immediate response, but then his brow furrowed. "At least, not at first."

[break][break] The admin turned his gaze back to the blade in his hand, twisting it experimentally. His Sylveon's feelers reached out around his other wrist immediately, as if on reflex. Jayden didn't notice.

[break][break] Instead, he flexed his palm against the blade's hilt, before wrapping his fingers assuredly around it's edge.

[break][break] "I don't feel pain at first," he clarified, bringing his gaze back to the Underboss. "But it's sort of like walking around in a cold winter for a long time. I don't feel the cold or the hurt until later, when it's over."

[break][break] "After my battles, I spent a lot longer in the medbay than usual."

[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]
hush (dd)

MILKY

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FATED STARS
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 5:43:34 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Here their paths diverged. She tilted her head at him, wondering, as he recounted the way his patron left him blind and numb to his own pain until after the power had taken its hold of him.[break][break]

I understand, she almost said, but realized then that she didn't.[break][break]

Her pain was a withering of all that was worth being in herself, while his pain cut deeper to the bone. You couldn't compare a torment of the mind to a torment of the body, not exactly.[break][break]

The two weren't quite one and the same.[break][break]

"How long did it take you to recover from your recent battle?" she probed instead, curious.[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]