Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
ONE STEP BEYOND LOGIC [FW2]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 14:57:06 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest8"]
[attr="class","body"]
JULY 2022

Nomi hurried down the narrow corridor, turning abruptly and skidding to a halt at the entrance to the scientific records section of Slateport University's main library. Valerian crashed into the back of her legs with an offended hiss, having been forced to run after his trainer, and Nomi had to catch herself on the nearby doorframe to keep from falling forward due to his momentum.[break][break]
She looked around frantically, before spying Ceri standing by the first row of stacks. She began to mouth - sorry, bus was late again! - to her friend, but a hand suddenly tapped her on the shoulder. Nomi jolted, whirling around in surprise, and found herself standing face-to-face with a completely unfamiliar woman.[break][break]
[break]
"Apologies, I did not mean to startle you. You're Naomi Sato, yes?" The woman asked pleasantly, her peridot eyes regarding Nomi with a measured gaze.[break][break]
"Yes," Nomi confirmed, somewhat awkwardly. "Do I know you?"[break][break]
"Not yet," the woman answered, the corners of her mouth quirking into an amused smile. "But I've been looking for you. I knew your parents, Dr. Yuri and Karin Sato. Brilliant minds, the both of them. I'm so sorry for your loss."[break][break]
Nomi's face drained of color, and she felt her heartbeat quicken with a sudden rush of adrenaline. Forgetting about Ceri entirely, Nomi stared intently at the white-haired woman as if doing so might suddenly unravel the mysteries of the universe. A hoarse, tense whisper replaced her usual upbeat, kindly tone as she finally found her words.[break][break]
"Thank you," she managed. "Did you work with them?"[break][break]
"In a sense," the woman murmured, somewhat cryptically.[break][break]
Hope was such a fickle thing - so easily dashed. But in that moment, Nomi's chest surged with it, filled to the brim with it, and it took all of her willpower to keep from lunging at the woman, afraid she might suddenly disappear.[break][break]
"Do you know what happened to them?" Nomi whispered, entranced.[break][break]
A pregnant pause that seemed to last an eternity.[break][break]
"Yes, in fact, I do."
[break][break][break]

[break]
NOTES – Nomi travels to the PAST, to the day she was recruited into Team Rocket[break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".nomitest8"]--accent:#f798d6;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 18:46:51 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
OCTOBER 2022

"It's time, Naomi."[break][break]
Nomi looked up from the research notes strewn across her desk. Nisa Holo was standing there, her entrance into the laboratory so silent it was as if she had manifested out of thin air. Which, of course, she had.[break][break]
Nomi regarded the woman with wide crimson eyes, then grinned with a giddy excitement.[break][break]
"Professor Holo! Where have you been!? I've wanted to show you my progress with - "[break][break]
The white-haired academic didn't smile as she normally did. Instead, her emerald gaze seemed to convey a complexity of emotion: a determined urgency doing its best to mask something akin to regretful sorrow. And was that a hint of...reluctance?[break][break]
"You can show me later. I need you to come with me now."[break][break]
She held out her hand and Nomi took it without hesitance. The instant she did, the world turned upside down.[break][break]
Reality warped, and Nomi's head spun as she was ripped away from Slateport University, from Slateport City, from Hoenn, from the world. Dizzy, she gasped, eyes adjusting to a sight so strange and surreal she almost thought she was dreaming.[break][break]
Which, in a sense, she was.[break][break]
[break]
A thick purple mist billowed around them, and Nomi covered her mouth, afraid it might be toxic. Holo put a hand on her shoulder to steady her, and murmured, "It can't hurt you."[break][break]
Tentatively, Nomi took a breath. Nothing happened. The mist teased at her like a lover's gentle caress, inviting and seductive, but it soon dissipated, revealing a familiar yet unfamiliar environment: a lab, not unlike the one she had just been sitting in, but subtly different.[break][break]
There were ominous, dark stains on the floor. Tools hanging from a wall that looked more like implements of torture than scientific equipment. But she did see beakers, test tubes, scales, and vials of various liquids atop a table. Stacks of paper, a digital tablet, a collection of Pokeballs. Someone had been working in here, running experiments.[break][break]
"What is this place?" Nomi whispered, awed.[break][break]
"I've been calling it the Interdream Zone. It will show a person their heart's desire, as well as allow them to relive memories from their past or peer into their future. Sometimes, when both are combined, it is possible to witness something in the past that one wasn't technically present for but always wished to see, as well as view an entire world's future."[break][break]
The professor's voice was calm and clinical - the patient tone of a seasoned lecturer - but the implications were crystal clear to Nomi.[break][break]
Something in the past that one wasn't technically present for but always wished to see.[break][break]
A sudden dread filled Nomi, the hair on the back of her neck standing up. She had never seen this lab, but she suddenly knew exactly where it was. When it was.[break][break]
"I needed to be sure it worked, before I brought you here. Don't look away, Naomi. This is important for you to witness. For you to understand."[break][break]
"What happened?" A weary young blond man muttered, reluctantly walking away from the lab table where he had been working. He approached another scientist - a slightly older man with a dark beard and glasses. As he moved, the perspective shifted with him, as if Nomi and Holo were watching some kind of extremely realistic movie.[break][break]
On the ground, two disfigured bodies lay sprawled in a pool of thick blood. They were missing limbs ... eyes ... ears ... Nomi's stomach turned over, sick, as she realized that, even though they were severely mutilated, she could still recognize them. She might not have, if not for the fact that she had pictures of them - from when she was a child.[break][break]
"Murdered by their own test subjects," a different voice, a female scientist with grey streaks in her hair, sighed. Her tone was loathsome, dripping with disappointment. "Careless. And without conclusive findings. Pathetic."

"My parents..."[break][break]
Anguish filled her, and she ripped her eyes away from the grisly scene to stare helplessly at Holo.[break][break]
"Yes. Team Rocket is the reason they died. In Kanto, they were recruited into a top secret project that required them to...use human test subjects. They were reluctant at first, but eventually, Rocket broke them and they conducted the experiments. Some of the prisoners managed to escape and...well." Holo sighed, sounded genuinely regretful. "I'm sorry. They deserved better."[break][break]
Appalled, tears streaking down her cheeks, hands balling into fists, she forced herself to look at the remains of her parents once more. The blond man was being ordered to clean up the mess. Perhaps if she had not been blinded by her own emotions in that moment, she might have seen the way he grimaced in obvious disgust twinged with grief. But all she saw was them - or what was left of them - and it filled her heart with rage.[break][break]
"I want to make them pay," she whispered, feeling entirely unlike the quiet, studious, curious girl she normally was.[break][break]
"You can," Holo assured her. "And I will help you."[break][break]
Nomi looked at her, confused. "How?"[break][break]
Holo took Nomi's hand, and the world around them began to swirl once more - the memories of Kanto pixelating back into purple and pink mist. Nomi could feel something tugging on her - pulling her - like her soul was being magnetically drawn towards some sort of...origin point?[break][break]
"We'll start with the meteor."
[break][break][break]

[break]
NOTES – Dr. Nisa Holo takes Nomi into the Interdream Zone to witness the memory of what happened to her parents, inciting hatred for Team Rocket instead of what actually took place in this thread[break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 2:16:25 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
NOVEMBER 2022

"Tell us everything you know about the Origin Point."[break][break]
[break]
The bruised and battered woman strapped to the chair was unfamiliar to Nomi, but Holo knew her. She'd specifically sought her out, had seemed to know she would attempt to stop the meteor. , Holo called her. Rocket Head Scientist. An Avatar of Darkrai. Dangerous. One of the many anomalies on this Hoenn.[break][break]
Lulu's close-cropped dark hair framed keen jasper eyes, smoldering with a quiet fury. She couldn't be much older than Nomi, though there was a tension to the way she held herself, sharpening her beauty into something guarded and steely. She seemed to Nomi as if she had been through many trials already, and this was merely another obstacle in her path - something to be endured, rather than feared.[break][break]
Nomi's own brow furrowed, her own fists clenched. Rocket was responsible for what had happened to her parents. Rockets were murderers. She could taste the blood as her teeth bit into her cheek. She wanted so badly to act, but Holo had promised her a measure of retribution. So, instead, she waited.[break][break]
Holo's Unown-A floated around Lulu, watching her for signs of attempted escape.[break][break]
"Look around you for the answers, Holo. Avatars. Space-time distortions. Universe 490's intrusion into our world...the cloud!" Lulu scoffed, shaking her head. Her voice was cold and soft, like the first snowflake that started a blizzard. "That's all you could ever need to know about the Origin Point, and then some."[break][break]
Holo smiled, and it did not quite reach her eyes. "So you do understand. Good. It will make this easier."[break][break]
The white-haired academic turned to Nomi, gaze softening.[break][break]
"I need your help, Naomi. Can you do something for me?"[break][break]
Nomi snapped to attention, crimson eyes meeting Holo's.[break][break]
"Of course," she replied automatically. Her heart hammered. Was it time?[break][break]
To Lulu, Holo began to speak, taking on the same tone of voice she used when she lectured, the countless lessons she had been teaching Nomi about the true nature of the many universes that made up their reality.[break][break]
"The social consciousness is dangerous, Lulu. You've been meddling with dreams, but you know nothing about their nature. Many archetypes persist through time and space. The Unown are the building blocks of our worlds, and they can create anything out of the tiniest speck of imagination. What's more, there is a realm where the past and future merge together, create new possibilities out of an energy you have yet to discover."[break][break]
Lulu's eyes widened: shock, anxiety, hunger.[break][break]
"It is a pity. You could have been my student." Holo shook her head, as if sincerely regretful. "Alas, I found her first. And she's perfect."[break][break]
Nomi realized with a sudden jolt that Holo was talking about her.[break][break]
Me? Perfect for what?[break][break]
The Unown-A floated over to Nomi, and she felt a sudden warmth emanating from it.[break][break]
"You wanted revenge, Naomi. Go ahead and take it. The Unown will help you."[break][break]
Nomi hesitated. She didn't want to kill anybody. That would make her no better than Rocket.[break][break]
"Is that still what you want?"[break][break]
"I want..." Nomi sucked in a breath, chest tightening. "I want Rocket to suffer. For what they did to my parents."[break][break]
"Then go ahead. Send their best scientist, their brightest mind, away. She wants to go, after all," Holo laughed. "Whether she survives the journey is of no consequence to us. Her bond with her God will be severed. She will no longer be a factor in the Origin Point's survival."[break][break]
Nomi felt a tugging deep inside of her, as if the Unown-A was...looking straight into her soul, and touching it somehow. She shuddered, but then power began to coalesce around her. The Unown glowed. Lulu's expression finally turned apprehensive, and Nomi could see the fear manifesting within her.[break][break]
A tear opened up in the space between Nomi and Lulu. A portal of swirling blue energy formed, and Nomi thought she could see a myriad of galaxies within it. The Unown-A glowed white-hot, and in a flash of light, Lulu was sucked into it. The chair and her bonds remained, but she was gone. Sent away to somewhere...else.[break][break]
"Well done, Naomi." Holo congratulated, resting a hand on her shoulder. It was a familiar weight, one Nomi had grown accustomed to. She looked up at Holo, and in that moment, the approval - the adoration - that radiated from the white-haired woman caused all of Nomi's questions (Where? How? Why?) to instantly evaporate.[break][break]
Her heart swelled. She'd done the right thing. She'd helped Holo with something important. And Rocket would suffer for it.[break][break]
"Welcome to the DRK Triad."
[break][break][break]

[break]
NOTES – In the aftermath of the METENO INCIDENT, Nisa Holo and Nomi capture and interrogate her (instead of what happened in this thread). Holo directs Nomi to use the Unown to send Lulu away, to another reality. Nomi complies, and is officially inducted into the DRK Triad.[break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 14:09:21 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

JULY 2023

"You've done so well, Naomi. This is the final step."[break][break]
Praise was a potent elixir, a drug that ensnared Nomi and filled her heart with loyalty. Nisa Holo was the mother, the older sister, the mentor she had always dreamed of having: there to direct her studies, there to open her eyes to unimaginable wonders, there to console her when times were difficult. As the months wore on, she introduced Nomi to the others, men and women who had traversed reality's many universes at the behest of Arceus.[break][break]
A great war was coming, and the DRK Triad needed to be ready.[break][break]
"Long have we tried to befriend the Unown," Holo had explained. "Our contract with Arceus has made us into something akin to business partners, but we have yet to unlock their true potential."[break][break]
Holo's peridot eyes had bored into Nomi, glistening with an eager adoration.[break][break]
"But then I found you. And you've changed everything, Naomi."[break][break]
Nomi didn't really understand, but a desperate clawing within her wanted so badly to make Holo proud. The thought of letting her down now, after all they'd been through, terrified Nomi. So she'd listened, and she'd agreed, and she'd trusted.[break][break]
[break]
The first thing she noticed about the Ruins of Alph was the silence.[break][break]
It was also dark, damp, and cool. A cave with a myriad of symbols carved into the walls, an ancient language from a lost age. Nomi ran delicate fingers along the ridges of each letter, the sensation that she was being watched prickling her skin.[break][break]
"It's okay," she murmured. "I'm a friend."[break][break]
She closed her eyes, tried to reach out with her mind as well as her spoken words. She'd always found it easy to connect with the Unown that worked with Holo. She always seemed to know where they were and how they were feeling. Watercolor impressions of emotions, layered and colorful and blending together with her own.[break][break]
Thousands of white eyes opened around her, staring intently at her. Each and every shape, older than any planet or solar system, gazed at Nomi, judging her. It was said that Arceus itself could watch the world through the eyes of the Unown. She felt the weight of that truth bearing down on her, heavier than any burden she'd yet carried throughout her relatively short life.[break][break]
But instead of cower, her eyes snapped back open, and perceived Arceus back.[break][break]
[break]
Nomi gasped.[break][break]
A vision: bright, pure light. The first light. A warmth so comforting, so perfect, so promising that it brought her to tears. Everything that would ever be began at this moment: the spark of life, guided by the JUDGEMENT of the Original One. And from the mouth of creation, the womb of nature, came the language of the universe. Each one older than a life-age of the earth, impossibly wise, broken into pieces as a means to communicate with everything that would come after, digestible and innocuous, burdened by an innumerable loneliness.[break][break]
But they were no longer alone.[break][break]
YOU ARE WORTHY, NAOMI SATO.
[break]
( - The Architect and the Purifier? We're not beholden to the labels of others, even our other versions. Our futures belong to us - )[break][break]
ARCEUS WILL GRANT YOU THIS POWER.
[break]
( - Please! We need you. Our family needs you - )[break][break]
NOW YOU CANNOT UNSEE THE BEGINNING, AND TOGETHER, WE WILL SEE TO THE END. YOU WILL BE -
[break]
( - The Visionary.)[break][break]
- THE EXALTED.
[break]
[break][break][break]

[break]
NOTES – Nomi becomes the first ever Avatar of the Unown through her work with the DRK Triad and Arceus (rather than how it happened in this thread)[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 23:10:33 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Was Nomi's rest burdened by the weight of what had been put upon her shoulders? Was it punctuated the buzzing excitement of her newfound purpose? Or was it the calmest she'd ever felt?[break][break]

No matter the case, she would find it interrupted by the smell of freshly cut grass.[break][break]

The smell drifted along a warm breeze blew through her room. It would almost be pleasant, were it not for the fact that such sensations should not have been present in this realm of pure light. Far off in the distance, the sound of tinkling bells teased at her ears. There would be no sign of where this had come from. No distant figures, no shadows cast, not even the Pressure of a legendary's presence.[break][break]

There was only a distortion of space and time, and then the sound of someone falling.[break][break]

"Oof!"[break][break]

The figure who had landed in her inner sanctum was all too familiar. It was the carefree biker who had helped her out of a jam over a year ago. Even after the war that had consumed the Hoenn region, even after the destiny that had consumed her own life, even after ending up in a realm he had no business infiltrating, he looked as carefree as ever. He worse a traveler's clothes, quickly propping himself up with the walking stick that sat by his side. "Phew. You wouldn't believe how hard you are to find."[break][break]

Did Nomi just sit back and let him speak? Or did she handle him how she handled every other Avatar to cross her path? No matter what she tried, how often she tried it, the end result seemed to be the same. Space and time rippled, and he was unharmed. If she had struck him down, he didn't seem to mind. He didn't even seem to react. There would only be a knowing twinkle in his eye as he continued.[break][break]

"The mes that crossed your path and lived to tell the tale - oh, don't look so shocked, you know we're diehards like that - wouldn't fess up to where you were. Told me it was dangerous, but. Don't think it was me they were looking out for." He laughed a little, his voice as clear and melodious as those tinkling bells. "The things we do for love, am I right?"[break][break]

"Isaac Merlo, the Wanderer, at your service."[break][break]

That was a new one. Most of the avatar-touched Isaacs that Nomi had encountered were far more grandiose than the humble traveler who stood before her. Their bodies had been healed and purified, bringing out the heroic build that dwelled beneath the remnants of his neglect. Even at their short height, they were larger than life figures who took their potential by the horns and lived by it.[break][break]

This Isaac, on the other hand, was every bit as scrappy as the one she'd known. He hadn't been healed. In fact, what wasn't covered up by his traveler's attire was a visible patchwork of scars. As he circled Nomi, walking stick in tow, he seemed to have quite the visible limp. It didn't stop him. His movements were jaunty, almost rhythmic, as if he was traveling to the beat of a song only he could hear.[break][break]

"Sure feels weird to see ya like this. Sitting around in a big white void? That's not the Nomes I know." He chuckled to himself, even if moments ago he had been obliterated for that crack. "Sure, you do a lot of sitting around by yourself. But usually it's in a lab, where at least one of us can drag you out and make sure you get some sun."[break][break]

"This really how you wanna spend your life? Being the Dark Triad's attack dog?"[break][break]

They sure as shit hadn't rebranded to the Dark Quartet. They didn't seem to spend much time with Nomi outside of calling her along on missions. Hell, outside of Dr. Holo, did the others even spend much time acknowledging her existence? Or had she spent her time in the kennel with the rest of the dogs, scattered bowls of alphabet soup that made up her only real family?[break][break]

"You're so much more than that, y'know. Surprised you haven't seen it on your own travels. Some of the greatest minds in the multiverse are cooped up in that noggin of yours." In a swirl of leaves and ripple of time, he was gone. Then he was in front of her, floating upside down to give her a gentle, teasing knock on the forehead.[break][break]

Just as quickly as she blinked, he was back in his spot, continuing the usual rounds. As he did, little seeds dropped down in his wake. "Smartest woman I've ever met. Someone who could change the world. Save it. Maybe even fix it." Each seed that he dropped grew, branching out time and time again. When each branch could split no more, a little pink flower sprouted at their end. "And that's been the same no matter how many timelines I've wandered."[break][break]

He sighed. He turned around. As he did, the trees behind him crumbled to ash and dust. "But you don't care about all that multiverse junk, huh? Sure, it's your job. But, c'mon." As he scooped some of the dust in his hand, he turned to Nomi and unfurled it, revealing a pink flower in a perfectly-formed bubble. "This ain't about those other Nomis. It's about you."[break][break]

"I'm not gonna talk your ear off about the other guys. Coulda, shoulda, woulda. There's a reason I unplugged myself from all that junk" There was a brief sorrow in Isaac's eyes. Perhaps Nomi would have noticed that even his intact one's iris had turned a milky white. "I'm just gonna ask you, 'cause right now you're the only Nomi that matters."[break][break]

He wasn't going to talk about them, but that didn't change that they existed. Time and space distorted behind Isaac's back. At times, the ripples seemed to mold themselves into shapes. It was like a figment of the eye at first, the pictures people swore they could see in TV static. However, with each second, with each blink, they became clearer and clearer. Just how much hope from other worlds was The Wanderer carrying with him?[break][break]

Clearest among them was a strong woman with a shock of messy red hair, putting all her heart and soul into but a single letter.[break][break]

"What do you want?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 20:51:40 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

NOVEMBER 2023
[break]
( - hey, thanks for helping me out! Never in a million years did I expect all of... this ...but you know, in a weird way, it's been fun - )[break][break]
was a thorn in the DRK Triad's side. Even the iterations of him that were not Avatars had been frustratingly difficult to kill. This one - The Wanderer - kept coming back. Just when you thought you'd eliminated him, he reappeared in a flash of verdant light.[break][break]
When you existed outside of time, you could survive most anything.[break][break]
( - but Isaac...all you really have to promise is that you won't disappear, okay? - )[break][break]
His talk of "other Nomis" made her head ache, but she tried not to show it. Lately, there'd been an incessant, low-key buzzing in the back of her brain, like the constant crackling of a faulty radio. Sometimes, at night, when she tried to fall asleep, she'd hear actual voices and words making it through the tenuous feed. The Unown did not seem to notice - or if they did, they did not care.[break][break]
Perhaps insanity was the price of innovation. The price of power. The price of prophecy.[break][break]
( - oh come on, Isaac...I'm not that special. It's you who's all brave and stuff - )[break][break]
"I want to save the universe," she said simply, trying to keep her voice calm. Neutrality was a strength of the Unown, and she had done her best to adopt it. Sentimentality was a weakness, one the Exalted could not afford.[break][break]
( - you're the best friend I've ever had - )[break][break]
Crimson eyes regarded the haggard man, noticing the many scars that littered his body: a permanent shrine to the myriad of trials he'd faced over the years. His smile was so open, so honest, so whimsical. He had endured decades of torture - for every time he died, he surely felt the pain prior to the reset - and he still found it as easy as breathing to look back at her with such an infinite well of patient compassion.[break][break]
( - you promised you wouldn't leave me - )[break][break]
"I want..." she trailed off. Her first answer felt suddenly shallow, empty of any real meaning. And this man demanded meaning. Besides, something strange was happening to him now, a ripple in space-time that piqued the interest of the Unown hovering around Nomi. Several of them floated over, swirling around him as an ethereal window seemed to manifest - no, not a window. A portal?[break][break]
[break]
Nomi blinked.[break][break]
( - loved you once? Of course I love you STILL, I could never hate you, Isaac! - )[break][break]
"I want - "[break][break]
( - I can't do this without you. I can't stop the Triad, I can't stop Arceus, I can't stop the next Meteno - I can't stop ANY of it alone - )[break][break]
Twinkling eyes. Calloused hands. Smiling faces. A thousand people across a thousand universes, each one working towards a better future. And one in particular - a sturdy woman, red-haired and battle-hardened, scribbling furiously, pissed off beyond imagining - caught Nomi's attention, and it was as if something inside her was tearing apart, getting ripped in two. It was sharp and sudden, like stepping on glass. Nomi cried out, hand going to her chest, where she felt her heartbeat quickening, blood pumping in rhythm with the flickering images in The Wanderer's timescape.[break][break]
( - does love make us weak, Isaac? - )[break][break]
Why did she listen to Holo? Why did she work for the DRK Triad? It could just as easily have been Rocket. The League. Any organization under the sun. So what was it? What did she want, really?[break][break]
"I want -"[break][break]
( - I won't let them hurt you again.)[break][break]
" - to be loved."
[break][break][break]

[break]
NOTES – Nomi talks to The Wanderer, an iteration of who became an Avatar of Celebi (includes callbacks to all of the threads that have been written between Isaac and Nomi in our Hoenn)[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 21:09:12 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Nomi would find herself swept up in a hug, equal parts foreign and all too familiar. For once in his life, The Wanderer had stopped moving. If she truly wanted to commit to her mission, she could stab him in the heart that he'd just bared to her. But that wasn't in the cards anymore, was it?[break][break]

"You always will be, Nomes. You just gotta know where to find it."[break][break]

And with that, The Wanderer was gone. Only the warmth of his embrace and the smell of fresh cut grass remained.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 21:48:22 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

DECEMBER 2023
[break]
Infinite universes, infinite versions of the self.[break][break]
Who was Naomi Sato but a spec of dust, a cog in a wheel, a tiny star in a night sky full of galaxies? Who was Naomi Sato but a brilliant tool to be used by whichever organization snatched her up first? Who was Naomi Sato but a lonely girl, socially awkward, insatiably curious?[break][break]
In some branches, her parents lived. In some branches, she joined the League government, working alongside the likes of and from the start. In some branches, she was never noticed by the Unown, but by Deoxys instead.[break][break]
But one thing remained eternally true, consistent, untarnished by the logic of God's grand design. One thing would always matter, and unbeknownst to her, it was clearer now than it had been before. If Father Winter was looking carefully, he would be able to see it. He would be able to wield it.[break][break]
Naomi Sato's greatest wish had been, and always would be, the desire to be loved.[break][break]
[break]
When she reappeared back inside the small apartment bedroom, everything was as it had been. Rain drummed against the windows, a wintery mix that would slick the roads and delay school openings. Maisey was snoring loudly and Kallistatus was hovering by the bedside table, singular eye fixed on Nomi.[break][break]
She sucked in a shaky breath, then launched herself at the bed - specifically, at the warm body beneath the blankets. She didn't know when she'd started crying.[break][break]
(I cannot conceive of a universe without you in it)[break][break]
"Parker - !"[break][break]
[break][break][break]

[break]
NOTES – Nomi returns home to after being sent into the past by Father Winter.[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 2:07:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]FW2 COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: