Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Icebound Journey [S]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 2:57:16 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I have no idea why I was given it. Seriously, I don't."

The two scientists stood in one of Team Rocket's largest labs. They specialized in different fields, but the subject of their study was a case where Howard valued the mind of Lulu Flint. She was one of Rocket's smartest scientists, after all. Although she and Howard spoke mostly about Paradox Pokemon and Tera Crystals, the archaeologist suspected that she would be of use here.

After all, they were studying a piece of the world's history.

"Seriously. It should've been given to you, or one of the Head Scientists."

The colossal Regice stared down at them, freezing the ground beneath it. Even without its Power Spot, the titan was gigantic. It wasn't as large as 's Lugia, but it was a titan. It easily dwarfed several of Team Rocket's other assets, like Wo-chien or Chien-pao.

"I ran some calculations on it. I don't dare use its powers here in the submarine, lest it decompress the base and kill us all. It consists of ice from our last Ice Age. Meaning it's about 12,000 years old. At minimum." Howard chattered as he wrapped himself in his coat. "What's your opinion?"

The Regice beeped at them. Howard sighed.

"I have no idea what it's saying. I'm working on it."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,375 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Icebound Journey [S]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 7:22:59 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

they could have given it to me. it’s a machine. what the fuck are you going to do with a robot, howard? even if it is ancient...[break][break]

”they have faith in you.” she smiled tightly as usual when she glanced over at the archaeologist. ”congratulations on your promotion, by the way.”[break][break]

her smile fell flat at decompress the base and kill us all.[break][break]

”my opinion?” she stared up at regice, and as she did, the only opinion that formed was about howard's decision-making. nonetheless, she answered, ”i’d need a closer look. i don’t suppose there’s any way under the hood…”[break][break]

but after a momentary pause, she could no longer contain the voice of reason. ”why’s it on the submarine?” she asked, recalling trauma and panic as water had once poured in after the first genesect had pierced straight through the sub’s hull, years(?) ago. an unforgettable day.[break][break]

penrose hovered nearby, watching closely with great curiosity.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-poipole"][break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Icebound Journey [S]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 18:47:19 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"You humble me." Howard's eye flickered over the tight smile and he internally shuddered. Was this what Shred had to deal with during his train wreck of a courtship case? Howard and Lulu got along moderately well, he thought. When their projects aligned, anyway.

Nonetheless, he had endured many congratulations since his promotion. If Temp and Shred could deal with it, then so could he.

"It's fine to have on the submarine. I checked with the engineers." Howard's expression was one of resignation mixed with fear mixed with general apathy. Dying on a shipwreck out at sea was an honorable death in some cultures, and Howard suspected that Valhalla would be willing to substitute 'honorable' with 'idiotic' and 'at sea' with 'docked at port'.

Technicalities.

"Besides, it's saving us a mountain of cash on purchasing coolants for the submarine. Or for powering the freezer." Howard said, like he wasn't risking all their lives for a fistful of pennies. "But I digress. No, we don't have a way to look under the hood, so to speak. That's why I wanted to come to you. It's essentially an automaton, after all."

Salt into the unknown wound.

⠎⠍⠁⠇⠇ ⠙⠗⠁⠛⠕⠝. Regice beeped at Penrose stiffly. ⠝⠕⠞ ⠛⠊⠛⠁⠝⠞⠊⠉.

"Especially since the ruins it was in is now covered in Tera Crystals and sunk." The archaeologist glowered in genuine anger. "What a waste."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,375 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Icebound Journey [S]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 5:29:21 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”hm. that’s good.” the engineers said it was fine. which engineers? she did not believe them. maybe it was a flat-out lie. probably, someone hadn’t done their job, or it was about the budget. free ancient cooling system. sure, what could go wrong?[break][break]

but she pressed no further on the matter, for she too felt some level of apathy. death awaited like a long vacation.[break][break]

beep beep boop, penrose attempted back at the regice vaguely, but it mostly sounded like the rest of the sounds that typically came from the small dragon.[break][break]

lulu’s eyes returned to the automaton. ”indeed.” that’s what it was, and it was why he’d brought it to her, of course. it then occurred to her that she did not know how to approach it either, at least not immediately. irritating.[break][break]

”unfortunate, certainly…” she responded about the island, distracted by her own thoughts. if only had still been around to scavenge the bottom of the ocean for them, and blast through the crystal with sheer primal belligerence.[break][break]

”have you observed its behavior on land since the island? either it was woken up by all the phenomena, or it has a job to do that we’re getting in the way of.” she suspected that in little time, the regice would make its escape, perhaps when it had awoken further.[break][break]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Icebound Journey [S]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 8:59:24 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"It needs to be field tested."

It was a flat honestly. Howard did not spread lies and deception within Team Rocket. He diverted occasionally, he refused to answer in an attempt to maintain his position, but he refused to directly lie to his colleagues. Team Rocket was at its strongest when they were pointed in one direction, and that direction was towards the League.

Lulu Flint spoke frankly, thus so did he.

"I've used it once on the field, and it performed very well. I'd rather not rely on one battle for reference, yeah? Experiments should be repeated, double checked, and confirmed."

Such a battle had included and fighting against Kyogre, but that would simply be omitted.

"It's here to defend Hoenn from Eternatus." Howard met Lulu's eyes with an expression that danced between fear and resignation. "I'm not even sure if it has emotions. I believe it will fulfill its objective to the best of its parameters. It lacks emotions. It only has the goal it was programmed with: the defense of Hoenn."

Yet the translation found within Regice's Ruins... Why did the ancient people fear this automaton? Would it defend Hoenn and its people, or simply the chunk of rock that made up the region? Howard looked up at it, and its blank face blinked back at him, before pointing a massive arm towards Penrose. Howard turned back to Lulu.

"It needs to be field tested. I have a question for you: did you ever fight at New Mauville?" Howard raised a hand. "It's random, but humor me."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,375 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Icebound Journey [S]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 4:21:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

experiments. double-checking, and confirming. ”i agree.” but how far away would these things happen?[break][break]

everything howard said was more and more concerning. no emotions. no empathy. one mission, for which it would surely destroy all obstacles without a second thought.[break][break]

”quite a job to do, isn’t it?” especially from so far under the ocean. she listened to it beep vaguely, watching her poipole try frivolously to communicate back. ”and i suppose it will probably let you know when it’s ready to do that then, hm?”[break][break]

his question about new mauville seemed unrelated. random, so he claimed—but she figured surely it had to be relevant in some way.[break][break]

suspecting she was about to be roped into something, she responded with some measure of dread, ”i fought there during the megalopolan invasion. why?”[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Icebound Journey [S]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 7:41:10 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I'm confirming a theory. What was it like?" Howard turned to her, hand on his hip. "What did you fight there? Besides Megalopolans."

His voice had a quiver of excitement. His eye had a gleam in it. It was relevant. That was remarkably obvious, now. Howard was close. He had translated runes with Head Scientist Sato and her Unowns, he had visited New Mauville with a Gym Leader and picked through the ruins, only to find nothing. He had charted, and mapped Hoenn, to no avail.

He had come to a conclusion: Regieleki was missing. Its ruins, gone.

Yet he had a theory. A theory that would let him crack it. He needed a testimony. He needed Lulu Flint's experience.

"I assume so. Yet it cannot do it alone." His eye bore into hers. "More than one automaton was created. Yet they're all missing, except Regice. If it and its fellow creations were used in the defense of Hoenn, then we need them."

He reached out a hand towards the golem, before retreating from the cold.

"I want to preserve this region's history. So please, tell me what you know." Howard bowed his head and clapped his hands together. "Please... I'll do anything! You can have the rest of that coffee that I imported from Kalos last month, if you want!"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,375 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Icebound Journey [S]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 5:44:10 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

she blinked. why was it always coffee? was it shared like common knowledge amongst her colleagues that she could be won over and manipulated this way?[break][break]

”you can keep your kalosian coffee, howard. i’ll tell you what i know–although i can also tell you, i know little more than what’s already in the reports. i imagine you have higher access to them than i do, now.” a fact that tasted as bitter as any coffee he could possibly offer her.[break][break]

she thought back, not to the first war she’d been in, but the first she’d fought, and the first time she’d seen man-eating aliens, invading from strange rifts in the fabric of their reality. oddly, she found she could pull few vivid memories from that day. perhaps it had been the head trauma.[break][break]

”it was an awful war. three days, total bloodbath... at one point, i recall falling off a cliff in what i think was a supply vehicle, and when it hit the ground, jules cotillard popped out of the cargo like a jack-in-the-box right next to me. that’s when we got him.” she thought of the megalopolan scientist and his sharp, sharp teeth, now behind their prison bars.[break][break]

”there was the guzzlord that tore down the cycling road, and kartana, and xurkitree…”

what else? a thousand mile stare went into the past under a furrowed brow, trying frivolously to grasp at greater details. to howard, she was lost in a daze, until she snapped back finally.[break][break]

”anyways, i’m fairly sure it was all ultra beasts, besides the megalopolans. do you think it’s somehow relevant to regice?”[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Icebound Journey [S]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 20:41:18 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Lulu's coffee obsession was legendary, topped only by 's addiction to every illegal substance on the planet and @grigori's love for making twelve-layer wedding cakes.

For someone who studied the Interdream Mist, Lulu was awfully good at avoiding dreaming. And sleeping. And functioning past four in the morning. It was a wonder that she hadn't dropped dead of overwork years ago. Howard narrowed his eye in thought. Maybe she had...

He considered poking her to ensure she wasn't a ghost, but he suspected she'd break his neck.

"Regieleki is missing." Howard looked at her evenly with a shrug. "I tricked a member of Sapphire to take me down into New Mauville, but all we found were remnants of the Three Days War. The Island Cave's map of Hoenn had a statue placed right on top of New Mauville, but there was nothing there pertaining to it besides deposits of Dynite Ore."

The admin's eye grew distant, as it did whenever he was thinking something through. He tapped his arm slowly with meticulous precision.

"I thought it might be an error, but the Desert Ruins had an identical map. There was something there, once." Howard's tapping stopped as he gave Lulu a look. "Xurkitree?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,375 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Icebound Journey [S]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 5:26:37 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

the desert ruins… her brow furrowed before it occurred to her that he was talking about regirock. wherever had that one gone off to?[break][break]

xurkitree’s appearance in new mauville had been like nothing she’d seen before at the time. a true titan from hell, even greater than their gods. even still, she was almost sure she’d never seen anything tower quite so high from the earth.[break][break]

”there was one in the ground, charging at the power plant. it wasn’t a normal one, either. it was massive.” but giants had become more common in their world, thanks to the dynamax phenomenon. ”maybe the dynite ore you found had something to do with it...”[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Icebound Journey [S]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2024 20:55:19 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"That must be it." Howard frowned and cocked his head. "But if the Xurkitree was pulled from another world for the war effort, then..."

Was it possible that the ruins had just been demolished, crushed under thousands of tons of stone and rubble? It'd be a remarkably tragic end, all things considered. Ruins were lost all the time due to wear and tear, geological shifts, and acts of wanton destruction.

Yet it was a tragedy to lose something so important. If the ruins were gone, where was the Legendary Giant within?

Xurkitree... The admin's eye widened and he gave Lulu a look. If the Xurkitree had Dynamaxed by using New Mauville, then maybe something else was afoot. Humanity was doomed to repeat, but the ancients had more foresight than most. Regice's ruins had been perfectly preserved in ice.

Would something so important really be crushed underfoot?

"Lulu, this is more of your field than mine. Once this shit got extra-dimensional, I lost my head. Remind me..." The admin crossed his arms as he gave her a glance. "We can travel through Ultra Wormholes, right? The Megalopolans made a spaceship to return home, so I'm assuming that transferring items through wormholes is possible."

Long ago, in another dimension, he had seen a titan of thunder.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,375 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Icebound Journey [S]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 5:31:09 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”i’m not convinced it was a wormhole they were trying to open in that cave – but i’d say yes, objects should pass through the same as anything else.”[break][break]

she was quick to realize where he might be headed with his theory. her brow furrowed as she looked at him.[break][break]

”you think the ruins were moved by megalopolans?”[break][break]

it made sense. it was told that the legendary giants howard searched for possessed vast amounts of power, and regieleki would have been a perfect candidate for the mission the megalopolans had attempted to carry out in their world.[break][break]

it was a mission they were perhaps still attempting, somewhere. was regieleki with them?[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Icebound Journey [S]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 5:54:34 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Possibly. Ultra Wormholes are hardly an exact science." Of that, he was certain. Otherwise the army of Head Scientists, engineers, and theoretical physicists would've cracked the code by now. The Megalopolans had figured it out with their precious spacecraft, before that too had fallen into disarray.

Even for the masters of the craft, every variable could not be predicted. The Megalopolans had lost as soon as they invaded. Humanity could not lose, because they had won before. The samsara of time continued eternally, and humanity won every time.

"Yes, a distortion. That means they were desperate, right? You can't force a distortion." Even he knew that. If they could, the Megalopolans would've made it home. "Accidentally, intentionally, does it matter? Listen..."

Rather than embarrass himself with a computer and risk Penrose's laughter, the admin pulled out a receipt for Grubbinhub and smoothed it out on a counter.

"What if they killed two birds with one stone?" Howard drew a moderately convincing sketch of New Mauville and Ultra Plant, with two arrows pointing from one to another. On one arrow, he drew a Xurktiree. On the other, a ruin. "When they warped that Xurkitree in, what if they accidentally teleported out the ruin? What if it's out there, somewhere?"

He held the paper in place so Lulu's Poipole didn't attempt to plunder it.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,375 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Icebound Journey [S]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 18:58:43 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”hardly,” she agreed. ultimately, her theory was speculative. she had never herself tried to send something through an ultra wormhole. only living beings, like herself – not that she’d ever been so unlucky as to ever succeed.[break][break]

the notes she’d picked up on route 119 had lingered in her mind since that night. had the timing of the distortion been purely coincidental, or were other things at play? someone watching … and if so, over whom?[break][break]

admin slayte moved on with yet another intriguing what if.[break][break]

she quirked a brow, feeling on the same page and suggesting, ”somewhere in ultra space, maybe – but that wouldn’t narrow the search much, i imagine. we don’t even know how many worlds there really are there.”[break][break]

perhaps one of their megalopolan allies did, for they had clearly done much exploring.[break][break]

”still worth looking in the rifts, i'd say.”[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Icebound Journey [S]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 21:09:30 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Picking through the multiverse for a single ruin and golem was like trying to find a needle in a haystack, but Howard suspected that he could narrow down the search. If he could figure out what era a bone was from, down to the year, he could do this.

He had to. Five golems, four of which were missing. Only Regice remained, and if that was it, humanity was likely fucked. The ancients had built five for a reason. They must have needed five. That meant that humanity needed all five giants now, as well. If he had to trudge through the universe, then he'd do that.

Otherwise, he was a failure of an archaeologist.

"I'll ask around. Thanks for your help, Lulu." Howard said as Regice continued beeping at Penrose in the background. He'd need to do a check with Velmos and Jules. Hopefully they actually knew something. "Oh, one last thing."

Howard suddenly looked awkward. Rather than mull on his question, he elected to just ask it.

"Any advice? For this admin thing? You've been a part of Rocket for a while, so..."