August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Drive Through, Ride Through
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 7:55:14 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
When it came to restaurants, Kouji didn’t have much love for any of these places; but a lot had changed…It really did feel like years since he’d joined, 24 in fact now. But at the same time he just felt like a kid. But he shrugged it off. His golden eyes fixed onto Howard, staring for a few moments before he shrugged.
[break][break]
”Admin…That fits ya too well.” He said as he looked in front of them, two more cars before they could order at the drive through. It wasn’t something special, but he only had a few moments to convince the other guy to pay for the meal.
[break][break]
”How’s the new paycheck treating ya? Bet it’s getting your mouth watering properly, yeah?”

[attr="class","fakebqooc"]
@howard
[break]

NOTES

We're burgerkinning

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,710 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 19:23:51 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Admin? Fitting me?" Howard let out a chuckle as they sat at the Burger Kingler drive through. "You're hyping up the wrong person, Kouji."

'Wrong person' was right. When Kouji Matsubara reported for duty, Howard had thought that he had been replaced with an imposter. The Kouji from before was younger, more spry, his eyes less striking. Howard had heard rumors of people aging up, down, sideways, and diagonally before. Hoenn was such a melting pot of temporal anomalies that it was almost expected, but still.

"The new paycheck is spent at auction houses on very rare valuables, which I then turn around and sell. It then becomes your paycheck." Teaching a smuggler how selling goods worked was a delicious irony. Even better if he could get Kouji to pick up the tab for this order.

"How's your new body? You feel... fucky?"

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 16:21:59 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
”Felt fucky at first, but there ain’t nothing to complain about when you’re taller, heavier, and a lil bit older.” Kouji said offhandedly, the thing that annoyed him the most wasn’t that, but the lost years themselves. It was almost enough to put him into a bad mood, but he shook it off.
[break][break]
”Nothing much I can do about it, just like you can’t do much about your increased workload, we put up with it.” Kouji stated straightforwardly before he looked back at the drive through speaker. ”But, a few burgers, and a milkshake would make me feel a lot better.” Hoping that sympathy would earn him a free meal, he quickly shifted the topic.
[break][break]
”How’s that going? A lot of valuables are dropped in markets that aren’t on…the market. Want me to introduce you to a family friend of some kind? Or do you wanna see how smuggling is done first hand?”

@howard
[break]

NOTES

We're burgerkinning

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,710 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 9:14:30 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I see." He did not. Kouji had lost time to a distortion. If Howard had suddenly lost years of his life, he'd be enraged at the experience. Losing years off your life for essentially a glitch in reality seemed cruel. Yet Rocket was cruel. League was cruel. Kouji was, in his own way, cruel.

Hoenn made monsters out of the best of men.

As Kouji offered his experiences to the new Admin as a show of good faith, Howard rolled his eye and made the grunt's order. The grunt's story made Howard feel mopey. It almost made him feel... bad? Maybe he could pay for Kouji's meal as an apology for his hardships. Maybe the grunt deserved a brea-

No. Howard shook his head. I'm waiting on a paycheck.

"I know a lot of people in the game, but you can never know too many, right? A man can never have too many friends." Howard smiled at Kouji, eye peering at his new visage. "Nor can you learn too many tricks. I smuggle rare treasures, but I suspect I could learn a lot from you."

He drummed his fingers across the steering wheel.

"I suppose that if I learned first-hand from a professional, I'd need to thank him with a favor." Howard could order the grunt to do it, but that wasn't the boss Howard wanted to be. Besides, the whole 'boss-employee' relationship meant little when you were waiting at Burger Kingler.

"Isn't that right?"

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 8:08:48 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
A favour for a favour, he’d always been the type to be earnest in these regards but his interactions with had taught him that doing so wasn’t always the smartest, nor would it lead to his desired result.
[break][break]
Not everyone had the same intentions as himself.
[break][break]
”I pat yours, and you pat mine. We both get our backs patted. I’ve got a bit of an idea? Yeah, lets call it that.” Kouji said as he looked out at the line of cars, his order now well and truly placed.
[break][break]
”We’re losing on as many fronts that someone can lose in. But y’know, a country without schools is gonna lose to one with them. We’re the same with Gyms, but we’re not tryna teach kids. A school to learn tricks at, a place we can put ideas into brains, and a place that people can sharpen their claws, but this ain’t the place for that.” He said with a shrug, it was better to leave it for the Admin to think about.
[break][break]
What Kouji had was an idea, just an idea lacking structure, and realistic thought put behind it.
[break][break]
”I’ll tell you about it when I teach a few tricks of the trade.”

@howard
[break]

NOTES

We're burgerkinning

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,710 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 9:31:51 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I await them gratefully." His tone is respectful as Howard glanced over at Kouji. "You're a smart guy."

Despite the difference in rank, Kouji was a respected member of Rocket. He was brutal, a force of nature, and with terrible taste. Nonetheless, he was a monster in a person's clothing. All Rockets were, at the end of the day.

Kouji was jovial, but he'd still smile and laugh as he ripped his enemies limb from limb. It was best to appease him, respect him, and keep him close.

"You want to improve our fighting strength? Not a bad idea. We have a lot of strong trainers here. A lot of Avatars. Yet we all need to vastly outperform the average trainer. Each grunt we lose sets us back. Each ranger the League loses gets replaced."

Sieging Sootopolis was difficult, but if the League abandoned humanity and simply sent the masses towards Sootopolis, Rocket would eventually drown in bodies. The League was being held back by its morality.

The two pulled up to the window. Howard peered into his wallet and cursed.

"Damn. You have four PD? I'll pay you back."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights