awards
1,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
RKS: Andrea & Josh #2
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 15:21:19 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
As her friend got mauled before her very eyes, Andrea cried out in horror. “Not again!”

Before they knew it, they had to replay the Koraidon level, except Chomper was exhausted, and Josh was incapable of issuing orders to his Pokémon. Luckily, the draconic trainer had come prepared. One did not challenge a raid boss without bringing a healer.

“Go, Lanky!”

He has no style.

He has no grace.

This ‘mon has a funny face.

Zarude’s vines dug into the ground, absorbing the earth’s nutrients. The mythical monkey was enveloped in a green aura, its Jungle Healing rejuvenating all of their allies.

Feeling good as new, Chomper got Worked Up once again to fight this bully of a Winged King. “Protect Koraidon from the bigger and meaner Koraidon! Use Draco Meteor! Andrea ordered, thrusting her hand forward.

“Agias!” The weaker Koraidon let out a gargled Dragon Cheer in support of its newfound friends, making the Hydreigon’s deluge of meteorites that much stronger.

? ? ?

RKS POINTS: 150
CURIOS: 1

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,146 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 21:54:36 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Agias?"

The Koraidon's call was the first sound Josh heard when he came to. The first thing he saw was a Zarude restoring him with JUNGLE HEALING. It seemed there was no rest for him; the two strange-looking Paradox Pokémon going at it. Having learned from their last time in the simulation, Josh hoped this encounter with the Winged King would go differently. The Koraidon's DRAGON CHEER roused Kokusho, as well, the Gym Leader's Hydreigon vomiting FROST BREATH all over the red, intimidating-looking Pokémon.

The angry Koraidon roared at Kokusho, rearing high and whirling his large, front air sac, lunged at him in an imminent COLLISION COURSE. The eight-pointed star in its center whirled so fast that it looked like a solid circle, tearing into the dark-type and downing him in a single attack. Perhaps Josh didn't truly understand the swift Paradox Pokémon.

His efforts were not in vein; with the apex Koraidon's movements slowed from the FROST BREATH, Chomper was able to bask in the glory of landing the finishing blow. Frustrated, the Winged King disappeared deeper into the cavern, leaving Josh and Andrea alone with the weaker Koraidon. And a Hydreigon that Josh promptly recalled after seeing just how much blood Kokusho had shed from the COLLISION COURSE.

Win the battle.

RKS POINT: 150
CURIO: 1

{PC: 6}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Aleph         Type: Null     Good
Kokusho       Hydreigon      KO
Raikiri       Zeraora        Good
Saber         Manectric      Good
Hylda         Glastrier      Good
Junji         Iron Jugulis   Good
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,146 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 21:55:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]legendary event
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]RKS SIMULATION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]KORAIDON 1-A

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]The battle between Koraidon is an intense, bloody clash. Harsh sunlight douses the cave with searing heat and light. Claws and fangs crash against scales before the opposing dragon is felled. Your Koraidon roars in triumph, though it is severely hurt.[break][break]

You may have suffered collateral damage in the process. In this small space, avoiding tail swings and grandiose explosions is an arduous endeavor.[break][break]

The Koraidon offers its back to you. You must push onward. As you sprint, glide or climb through the cave, you discover crystalized plant life, including Herba Mystica. Glimmora and Paradox Pokemon wander around you, presumably native to this mysterious place.[break][break]

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Celebrate.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Exit the RKS Simulation.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#81bdd5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 11:53:37 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"We... won?!" Andrea eked out mid-panting. The battle against Koraidon's bully had been intense as heck, despite its brevity. That Collision Course had taken a chunk out of Chomper's health, and even Lanky had been caught in the crossfire, the Zarude's mangy fur singed by the blazing sunlight.

"Agiagias!" With a jovial cry, the big red lizard pounced on the two humans and smothered them with affection as an oversized dog would, licking both of their faces.

"Heheh! You're welcome, Koraidon!" Andrea giggled, while rubbing the top of the scarlet dragon's head. Turning back to check on her own Pokémon, she made sure they had no lasting injuries, before recalling them into their balls. "You did great, guys! You deserve some rest!"

Speaking of lasting injuries, the young woman was suddenly overcome with worry for her fellow Gym Leader. "What about you, Josh? Are you feeling okay?" She asked, running up to the spiky-haired youth.

"AGIAS!"

The prehistoric Cyclizar lookalike growled to get their attention. Crouching on its four legs, it curled up its tire-like tail, while nodding at the two seasoned trainers.

"I think it wants us to ride on it." The draconic cosplayer mused, looking back at her friend. "Shall we ride it together?"

They could be co-riders. Co-ride on Koraidon. Get it?

Celebrate.

CURIOS: 2

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,146 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 16:01:30 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh, too, laughed as the Koraidon pounced on him. "Hey, that tickles! Stop!" he protested before the Koraidon eventually let him stand. For being so powerful, the red dragon was such a sweetie, as affectionate as one of the Gym Leader's own large canine Pokémon.

"I should be okay, thanks to your... your... what Pokémon is that again?" Josh asked, having never seen the rare, green species before. Before he could get a response, though, the Koraidon let out a cry before crouching. "You want us to get on?" he asked. Clearly the Koraidon felt indebted to them. "I don't see why not!" He gave the dragon-type a gentle pat on the snout before hopping on, leaving ample room for Andrea to get on in front of him.

"I think you should be the first to control him. You know what I'll do with a Pokémon I'm at the reins of." Though the Koraidon had no reins, the steering bones on his sides would serve their function. "Don't want your skin tearing across your skull, after all." That was a legitimate concern when he rode dog boy's Raikou. The Beast was simply too fast of a steed for him, and possibly any non-Avatar human, to control. His entire face was red that day, not from wind burn, but from internal bleeding. Though Koraidon's speed potential was unknown, the resemblance to Cyclizar meant it had to be capable of putting on a lot of speed.

"What would you name him?" Josh asked Andrea, gesturing to the paradox Pokémon's natural seat in front of him. "I'd name him... Diesel."

Celebrate.

CURIO: 2

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 11:35:38 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The girl hummed when her fellow Gym Leader asked her about the simian Pokémon's name. "Hmmm, I don't remember, actually. I just call him Lanky." Alas, if her Zarude was still out, it would have proudly roared its own name to correct her.

The two trainers mounted Koraidon, Josh allowing Andrea to sit on the front. "Are you sure about this? I thought you'd wanna control him first." She supposed it was better this way. He was taller than her, so if she sat behind him, her view would be blocked by the back of his head.

With that, the dragon enthusiast got seated, and grabbed the spikes protruding from the Paradox Pokémon's shoulders, giving them a gentle tug. "Alright, let's go, new friend!"

"AGIAS!!"

Onward they went, the scarlet lizard trampling the ground with its webbed feet. "It feels just like riding Gia!" The trainer of dragons remarked, noting that the way its air sacs absorbed most of the tremors was very reminiscent of the modern day Cyclizar.

When Josh thought aloud about naming this one Diesel, his costumed friend had a different opinion. "I dunno. I like the name Koraidon. I think it's cute. Besides, this could be a girl for all we know. How about... Kora?" She proposed an alternative.

Whether its final name would be Diesel or Kora, the apex predator of the past headed straight for a wall, much to Andrea's shock. "S-stop! We're gonna crash!" She cried out a warning, only for the red reptile to start scaling the steep cliff almost like a gecko would.

"Huh, they can wall climb?! Gia can definitely not do that!" The young cosplayer mused, while grasping Koraidon's steering bones for dear life. "Hold onto me, Josh!"

Celebrate.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,146 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 21:28:58 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The gait reminded Josh of Goroh when he was getting up to speed, before he inflated his air sacs and really got going. The speed was already well beyond what any of his Cyclizar were capable of in a gallop. The feel was much the same, though. "It does," Josh nodded in agreement as the dragon-type bounded about the cave floor. "A lot faster, though. This is way faster than Goroh can run. Now when he gets on his wheels, that's another story."

Josh smiled. "...You're the dragon master. Kora it is!" he ceded, though the Koraidon was named Diesel in his mind. Despite their very high speed, the turns were gentle...except the one onto the wall. That one nearly forced Josh off the paradox Pokémon's back, making him clutch Andrea's waist tightly while the two went vertical.

"Runs like a Cyclizar, climbs like a Salazzle or Sceptile," Josh mused, reminded of some of the rougher rides Fire Eyes took him on. This was somehow faster yet smoother than any of them... almost like the species itself was meant to be ridden without any sort of tack or even a saddle at all.

The two broke the fog covering the top of the Terastal Cavern, the duo beholding a long, spiraling, almost strip mine-like chasm that seemed to lead upward into infinity. They could race around in circles for a long time and never make it to the top. It was gorgeous, as were some of the Pokémon populating the seemingly endless ramp. Glimmora and a lot of Pokémon from the Interdream Mist. Even a Roaring Moon or two flew in the glinting landscape dotted with crystals, unblemished grass, and crystal clear waterfalls. "It's... so beautiful here..." Josh gasped as the Koraidon pushed away from the clifftop.

Celebrate.

{PC: 8}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 11:23:52 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Climb Koraidon did, much to the discomfort of its two passengers who had gone vertical. Upon making it out of the cavern, the ancient lizard's colorful plumage expanded into a magnificent pair of wings, allowing it to glide upwards against the laws of physics.

"Wow, now I get why it's called the Winged King!" Andrea remarked in awe, while taking in their surroundings. From the crystal clear waterfalls, to the many Paradox Pokémon running about, this giant crater of sorts had an otherworldly beauty to it that was hard to put into words. If the Ultra Sea was a hell filled with hostile creatures and encroaching madness, this place was seemingly a paradise.

A few glitchy patterns here and there served as a reminder that, despite how realistic all of this felt, it was still a mere simulation. "I think we're gonna get booted out soon. We might as well make the best of what time we have." The dragon fanatic mused, turning back to Josh. "Wanna switch places?" She offered as if tempting fate.

Celebrate.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,146 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 21:05:10 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The pair of wings unfolded above the two, Josh flinching as he felt the Pokémon catch air. Koraidon looked very easy to control, almost like the steering bones were joysticks. No reins, no saddle, nothing to help with the task. IIt was surreal being on something so fast, yet so easy to control. Even then, Josh felt, not knew -- felt -- that Koraidon was barely trying. With the speed of the COLLISION COURSE its apex form used, he wondered how much faster such a move would make the strange creature in its form designed for travel. Josh and Andrea were gonna find out.

Hopefully it wouldn't make her sick.

The two soared all the way to the top of the crater, their environment's glitchiness a reminder that this was merely a simulation, and that they were on borrowed time. The simulation would kick them out eventually, making Josh go through it again if he wanted to hop on the red dragon again.

After Koraidon had landed at the top of the crater's spiral, Josh took point. "I can feel my skin tingling just from holding onto him," he mused as he placed his hands where he could control the friendly paradox Pokémon. Had he a sandwich, he would have given it to Kora to snarf on before the rush. "I think this is gonna be something special. Buckle up, Andrea. You'll need it."

Josh squeezed Kora's sides, the dragon-type bounding forward down the gently-sloping path back into the crater. Once he was comfortable with making turns, figuring out just how sharply he could do so, he squeezed the Pokémon's sides one more time. The Koraidon entered a powerful gallop that felt much like riding a Beast. Faster and faster they circled the wide path, making a powerful slide that threw the riders to one side when the path looped back around. Without his Arcanine around, it was difficult to get an idea just how fast they were going. It was certainly anything faster than Goroh or Gia were capable of, and he wasn't even on his wheels yet!

Celebrate.

{PC: 9}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 15:47:48 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The two of them traded places, Andrea sitting behind the self-proclaimed Master of Faster with her arms wrapped around his waist. "I'm all buckled up! Do your worst! You too, Kora!" The young woman quipped. She felt comfortable entrusting her safety to Josh. This would not be his first rodeo with a legendary Pokémon, after all.

As Koraidon picked up speed, the dragon enthusiast could feel the wind crashing against her face, causing her eyes to water. A particularly sharp turn made her whole body tilt sideways, but thankfully she kept a firm grip on her fellow Gym Leader. "Whoa, that was intense! I loved it!" The girl mirthfully exclaimed, huddling closer to Josh for extra stability. "I bet you wanna go even faster than that!"

She knew him almost too well at this point.

Celebrate.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,146 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 16:43:54 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"You bet I do!" Josh chirped, tighting his hold on Kora. As much as he should have exercised restraint, given that Andrea was a passenger and was holding onto him quite tightly herself. Unable to resist the allure of a true adrenaline rush, Josh pushed on. Even Andrea wanted to see what Kora was capable of, and the Koraidon would happily oblige.

While sprinting down the crater's cliff-like trail, Josh steadies his hands and cleared his throat. He knew that this Pokémon could move incredibly fast. His heartbeat quickening, he issued the command for the paradox Pokémon to go all-out. "Kora, use COLLISION COURSE!"

"AGIGIGIGIAS!!!"

The red Pokémon's air sacs both inflated, kicking up grass and dirt as they whirled fast enough to whip up an audible whirlwind. The two may have been able to feel a small rumble beneath them once they were up to speed. If Andrea thought Kora's speed was impressive while sprinting on all fours, her mind would be blown away when the Koraidon lifted all four of his paws upward.

The parados Pokémon's wheel-like air sacs touched the ground, screeching at a deafening volume and tearing up the grass beneath them. Once both caught the surface with a proper grip, the two riders would experience a sensation much like being shot out of a cannon, the world around them a blur as Kora reached land speeds Josh thought were impossible. As a way to experiment, Josh dropped Raikiri's Poké Ball down to a lower level of the crater, the Pokémon taking off as though he were racing. It did not take long before the duo whizzed by even the thundercat.

The same combination of joy and fear filled Josh to the brim, his facial skin harshly stretching against his face as Kora zoomed down the long, spiraling trail at speeds that were nearly impossible for even the Master of Faster to control. It was the same euphoric feeling the Gym Leader got every time he met up with and sat atop Raikou's thundercloud saddle. Except this feeling was even more intense.

As the terrain changed from grass and dirt to the smooth rock of the Terastal Cavern, Kora sounded another happy cry, at last reaching the full speed its COLLISION COURSE could carry it at. Even for Josh, the speed was downright numbing, every square inch of the front of his face red from the speed and the moving air tearing at him. He didn't wsnt to believe his RaiCorp Vision, but the numbers did not lie.

Kora was going faster than even Raikou. And by no small margin, either. Not even the Johtonian god of speed, in an Extreme Speed sprint, was matching the Koraidon using its signature move. The two shared a bond that he did not with Raikou, the Gym Leader in a zen state that let him handle the Koraidon's ludicrous speeds.

Would Koraidon dethrone Raikou as Josh's favorite Pokémon?

Celebrate.

{PC: 10}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 13:49:45 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Collision Course. The very move used by the bigger Koraidon that had almost decimated their teams was now being used to decimate their internal organs. As their shared mount tremendously picked up the pace, Andrea felt her stomach get pushed to the back of her torso. As much as she wanted to wail in terror, the air was violently sucked out of her lungs. Sygna Suits or not, humans were not meant to reach such velocity.

Landmarks rapidly zipped past her field of vision, melding together into a vertical gradient of mismatched colors. Simply put, her mushy brain could no longer keep up with Kora's ludicrous speed, making this whole experience feel like a fever dream. Her grip tightened around Josh's waist. She pressed her cheek against his back, which gave her a sense of comfort.

As long as he was the one in control of the scarlet beast, Andrea felt safe. That young man might have been an injury magnet when it came to battling, but when it came to Pokémon riding, no-one was more reliable, more focused, more adaptable, and more experienced than him.

Celebrate.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,146 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 20:14:57 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
There were very few people in Hoenn capable of withstanding, let alone controlling, Kora's brutal speed. Josh was one of them, the feeling of the world going by him at -- no, beyond -- extreme speeds nothing short of euphoric. His hearing remained with him the entire way, though any remarks he would have made would be drowned out by the sound of shearing winds. Were his hearing to go out, he would have known Kora was capable of crashing through the sound barrier even without the aid of a Z-Move.

With Kora's COLLISION COURSE ending, Josh experienced the sensation of his insides being thrown forward, though not with the ferocity they were thrown backward from the acceleration. The world around them became more and more clear, water splashing all around them as the Koraidon circled the bottom of the Terastal chasm to safely shed much of the rest of his speed.

"Agias!"

After a huff from the Koraidon, it let out a happy cry. It seemed rare that the paradox Pokémon could unleash the full speed it possessed in such a way. Though the two had come to a stop, Josh still felt the sensation of riding faster than a tornado for the next few minutes before at last coming fully to his senses. The happiness between Gym Leader and Pokémon was mutual.

Josh was crying mixed tears. The joy the experience brought him was indescribable. He had found a Pokémon that could run across the land just as fast as.. no, even faster than Raikou. Steadying himself, be slid off Kora's back, stepped in front of the scarlet creature, and embraced it while he cried. "Kora... thank you. What an unforgettable ride."

After letting go of the creature's adorable face, he turned to Andrea, his face flush. "All my life, I thought Raikou, the Johtonian god of speed, was the fastest Pokémon on land. I love everything about him. There's something special about riding a big cat Pokémon. Riding them takes a strong core because of how much their backs flex, but being able to feel all that muscle power is such a thrill. There's something about riding a living lightning bolt. There just is. But..."

He trailed off, lost deep in thought again. He had been on Raikou's back before, at full Extreme Speed. What he had just experienced was that feeling, but even stronger. Not much stronger, but it still squeezed at his body, threatening to wring him out like a grape into a raisin.

"I saw it with my own eyes. Kora... is even faster than Raikou. And now I'm not sure what I want more. Wanting to be Raikou's friend, or Koraidon's friend. They're... both gods. And the way they work, you can only be friends with one of them at a time. Andrea... I..." he couldn't bring himself to say the words without taking a deep breath. "I... might like Kora more than even Raikou." He tried to say more, but his words came out no more than incoherent babbling.

Celebrate.

{PC: 11}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 16:29:43 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
One unforgettable (and nearly fatal) ride later, the racing-obsessed youth hugged Koraidon with tears of joy in his eyes, thanking the ancient beast for that once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. With Andrea soon joining the fray, it became a wholesome group hug. "Thank you, Kora, for making Josh smile!" The PokéManiac added.

"Agias!" Kora responded by once again licking both their faces like an oversized dog. The paradoxical, past Cyclizar did not look weary in the slightest from the run, almost as if having just taken the two humans through a leisurely tour of its mysterious home.

Josh's entire dilemma of choosing Koraidon over Raikou as his new end goal seemed like a no-brainer to his costumed friend, who always preferred the simplest solutions to life's problems. "You're allowed to love both, Josh." Andrea gently placed a hand on the conflicted Gym Leader's shoulder. "Does 's friendship with Ho-Oh, or ' friendship with Lord Rayquaza, prevent them from caring about other Pokémon? Why should it prevent you?"

Celebrate.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,146 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 20:16:01 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The pace the Paradox Pokémon took them on was far from leisurely; Josh knew swift Pokémon well enough to understand that Kora truly was giving it their all. He felt the rumble of the Pokémon's voice box during the group hug. Though affectionate, Kora was still a dragon, and demanded the utmost of respect. "I'll never forget this. Thank you."

As the grown man continued to cuddle the Koraidon, the Terastal Cavern surrounding the duo began to fade to white. "You're already more likely to win the lottery than procure the favor of a god," the pessimistic boy went on before at last cracking a smile again. "But I have memories of both now. Admittedly, it would be fun to see Koraidon and Raikou racing." It was hard to say who would win; Kora and Raikou were different types of fast. "It's not that I don't love them both. I love nearly all fast Pokémon. They're both... gods. What is it with legendary Pokémon making the best steeds, notwithstanding their power?"

Josh would have little time to ponder that question alongside Kora, the white void creeping toward him ever closer. He gave one last hug to Kora before disappearing into the light...

Celebrate.

{PC: 12}