[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]pokemon event
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]RKS SIMULATION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]GYM LEADER 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You suddenly find yourselves within a white void. In the middle, a TERA CRYSTAL can be seen. Beneath it, you see the instructions: "create a pokemon gym of your dreams! let your imagination run wild! be quick, a gym inspection is coming!"[break][break]

As soon as you begin to conjure ideas of what your gym may look like, the world around you shifts. The TERA CRYSTAL glows as it creates a gym for you, including a badge, gym trainers, challengers.[break][break]

What does your character's dream gym look like?

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Design.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#81bdd5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
RKS: Andrea & Josh #2
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 11:03:44 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Determined to learn more about the mysterious Koraidon, Andrea dragged her friend back into the RKS Simulation. This time, she was better prepared to fight the Winged King, having brought Chomper as well as her matching Sygna Suit along for the ride.

The opening scenario had them appearing within a white void, almost as if the simulation had not rendered the world properly and all the textures were missing. Tsk tsk, what a poorly optimized game.

Reading the note left by the giant Tera Crystal, it became clear that the simulation expected them to fill the void with their imagination. “We both already have Gyms, though.” Andrea objected. “What do you think we should do, Josh?”

Perhaps the Mauville Racing Grounds were in need of a drastic makeover. Either way, the stage was his.

Design.

RKS POINTS: 50
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 6:56:24 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh, too, was much better prepared for the simulation. He had brought almost all of his rarest and strongest Pokémon with him. Astride Junji the Iron Jugulis and with Aleph the Type: Null on the prowl, the Hydreigon look-alike proved to be just as difficult to control as Kokusho once was. Even in the distant future, controlling the feisty species was a problem that still had not been solved.

"Since the war, I've actually been thinking about adding a new type of challenge to Mauville Gym," Josh explained. "While Pokémon racing is fun, it doesn't have any practical applications. Take a look at this, though."

The Leader's imagination ran wild, filling in the void with Mauville Racing Grounds. All the race tracks were still there. Instead of the Gym Leader's Pokémon being lined up on the starting line of a race track, they were scattered throughout the enormous field, a flag with the League banner atop a distant "safehouse". Near the Gym's back door were several small crates tied to a towing harness to be attached to the challenger's Pokémon, and between the start and end of the course were several chokepoints where they would be exposed to attacks from "Rocket" Pokémon.

"The war has taught me a lot, Andrea. After talking to you about it, to , and to as well, I've found my place in the war. And it's not on the front lines. Leave that to people like Navy. Like Freya. And... begrudgingly, like . I still don't think he should be Elite Four with how he treats everyone else, but on the battlefield, he's unstoppable." He stopped to let that sink in as his scenario manifested in the simulation.

"My role in the war will be a messenger and a supplier. War isn't just about force. It's about intelligence. With how advanced technology is, war plans can't be communicated in a form that can be wiretapped or intercepted anymore. Pen, paper, and courier are more secure than any piece of technology. If I could start Mauville Gym over, my challenge would be training people to be war couriers. What good are your strongest fighters if they don't have rations, Potions, and Revive?"

RKS POINT: 50

{WC: 373}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Aleph         Type: Null     Good
Kokusho       Hydreigon      Good
Raikiri       Zeraora        Good
Saber         Manectric      Good
Hylda         Glastrier      Good
Junji         Iron Jugulis   Good
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 7:59:51 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]pokemon event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]GYM LEADER 1-A

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]Once you complete developing your gym, the Gym Inspector arrives. If it is not the current inspector, KYLE LOPEZ, it is DAHLIA GOODE, FERNANDO SILPH, MICHAEL NAVIDSON or any of the ELITE FOUR (MATIAS SILPH, MELODY MIRO, GREYSON CONNORS).[break][break]

No matter how horrendous or immaculate your gym is, they approve. You get top marks across the board.[break][break]

In surreal fashion, a confetti balloon suddenly materializes and pops overhead, showering you all in celebration. The clapping continues until a gasp brings the festivities to a halt.[break][break]

Where the TERA CRYSTAL once was is a glowing, oozing POWER SPOT.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Yo! Champ in making!

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Two.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 8:05:10 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Why don't you like ? Did he treat you badly?" Andrea asked quizzically, all the while her friend's boundless imagination shifted their surroundings into a veritable war zone. Yet another Gym turned into a boot camp for Hoenn's future soldiers. Although she tried her best to be polite, her disappointment was evident. "That's good, Josh. I'm glad you figured things out."

Deepfakes of and the council all seemed to approve of the repurposed Mauville Racing Grounds (that no longer had anything to do with racing), showering Mr. Devlin in praise as well as confetti. It almost felt manipulative, like they were coaxing him to continue going down this self-destructive path through toxic validation.

congratulations.gif

The minor Gym Leader's eyes were drawn to a large concentration of Dynamax Energy in the middle of the field. "Did you install that Power Spot too?" She was surprised by this given how Josh was staunchly against their use.

Yo! Champ in making!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 8:28:14 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh didn't like talking about Matias, though Andrea deserved to know. They were good friends, after all. She deserved to know, even if his past caused him grief thinking about it. Being a League official, he knew who had access to the RKS Simulation's recordings. It was all people that had access to the truth he would tell Andrea if she swore to secrecy. "Andrea, what I'm about to tell you, you can't tell anyone else." Provided she agreed to keep her lips sealed, Josh would continue with a frown.

"Do you know ?" he asked, waiting for a response. "I... I was the one that attacked her last year. Now I'm not blaming Matias entirely, but his scorched-earth stance toward Rocket... heavily influenced me. Brainwashed me, even. It was a routine transfer. I was tasked with transferring her from one League facility to another. I thought I could get any leads Rocket had on Raikou through her. I was a fool to do so, and was lost in my obsession with him. I... I nearly took her life. I thought I did when she fell over that cliff. But she's okay. I saw her after the war in Dewford. She's doing well."

He stopped to take a breath and let his story sink in. "I regret what I did that day, Andrea. If I could go back in time and change one thing. Any one thing. It would be going back to that day and keeping control of myself. That day, I lost control of myself. I forgot why I want to be Raikou's friend. And even if Raikou wanted me, he wouldn't want me as I was that day. I doubt he still wants me as I am now."

Another long pause. "Recently, I applied for the open Elite Four position. You know, the one they chose for? From what I understand, Matias was almost singlehandedly responsible for that decision. He doesn't understand. There are people trapped in Rocket against their will. He's a psychopath. He would kill everyone under the Rocket umbrella if he could. Like I said, I can't completely blame him, but he's ruined my life. My reputation. I will forever be known as the Hoenn Gym Leader that tried to murder a child over Raikou." The Master of Faster broke down in tears. It would be clear to Andrea how much he beat himself up over the decisions he made in his worst moment. It was a part of his reputation he might never be able to repair. Not with the League, not with Eris, and not with the general public if the story ever broke.

{WC: 443}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 10:55:35 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]historical event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]SLATEPORT INVASION 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]Slateport is under siege. The LEAGUE HQ, the TRAIN STATION, the DOCKS and its POWER PLANT.[break][break]

You see a horde of Team Rocket rushing into the port city with their Pokemon. Resisting civilians and their Pokemon are captured or slain. Infrastructure is destroyed, buildings crumble as Pokemon Centers are seized and taken over.[break][break]

What will you do?[break][break]

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Join the invasion.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Fight or survive.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 10:59:19 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
… This wasn’t the first time that name had been mentioned. How could someone so young have made such an impact on so many people? For Josh specifically, she represented his greatest shame, one that he could never wash off. And he had done it all just to impress --to prove to him that he was worthy--only to burn even more bridges with the Elite due to his actions.

“Is that why you keep pushing yourself? Even now, you’re doing everything the League asks you to do, hoping that one day they’ll forgive you.” Andrea surmised, trying to comfort the crying youth. She knew he had done a terrible thing. She wasn’t trying to make excuses on his behalf, but she wasn’t gonna feed into his self-deprecation by judging him either. “When will you stop trying to prove yourself to others? What do the Elite Four or Raikou have to do with any of this? The only person you should ask forgiveness from is that child you hurt.”

Their impromptu therapy session was interrupted by a change in scenery. Suddenly, they were smack dab in the middle of Slateport City right as it was being invaded by Team Rocket. Before long, the two trainers were surrounded by hostile Rocket grunts.

“Nice shiny Pokémon! Hand it over right now!”

“No! I won’t let anyone take Chomper from me!” The young PokéManiac spat in utter defiance, while her Hydreigon struck their enemies down with a devastating Draco Meteor. The flaming meteorites didn’t hit any of the human trainers; just the horde of Poison and Dark-types under their command. It was as if they were trying to debunk ’s philosophy by being merciful in their aggression.

“Leave the people of this town alone! They haven’t done anything to you!” Andrea warned the grunts, narrowing her eyes at them. For a moment, she forgot that this was just a simulation and was treating them as if they were real people.

Fight or survive.

CURIOS: 1

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 18:58:35 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
There were a lot of thoughts going through Josh's head. Thoughts he could not shake since his stay in Dewford. The stereotypical politician usurped their constituents for power and money. Josh was the opposite. He genuinely cared for Mauville's citizens, and the rest of Hoenn. He worked tirelessly, doing what he could to keep them safe and happy, often at his own expense. Was that making Josh truly happy, though?

"I did that already," Josh answered, wiping his tears from his face. "I talked to her when we were both in a Dewford infirmary. We were roommates. She didn't talk to me at all, not even accepting an apology. All she did... was acknowledge my birthday when I brought it up."

Her second point had mirrored what Navy had told him. "I've had a long time to think about it. When are we gonna go to Sinnoh and go dragon riding together? It would be more appropriate to tell you there and not in the middle--"

As they were deposited into a war zone thanks to the simulation, he saw Andrea fighting back against several Rockets trying to take Chomper away from her. Before he could aid her, another platoon of them surrounded Josh and his Iron Jugulis steed.

CURIO: 1

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 11:08:18 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Josh had a lot of things going on in his head. Andrea genuinely wanted to help him, but this was a discussion that needed to happen some other time. The simulation would not wait for them to sort out their personal issues before thrusting them directly into the next nightmarish scenario. In fact, it already had.

War was a special kind of hell. Everything was on fire. Men were being dragged out of their homes and shot down. Husbands were taken from their wives. Fathers were taken from their children. What had those people done to deserve such cruel treatment? Their only sin was being in the way of Team Rocket's unquenchable thirst for conquest.

"Nobody has to get hurt if you just surrender!" Spat one of the Rocket grunts.

"People are already being hurt! Just leave!" Andrea spat back. Her loyal Hydreigon continued to fend off droves of Poison and Dark-types, but even it was overwhelmed by the enemy's sheer numbers. "There's too many of them! Josh, I need your help!" The young woman urgently cried out.

Fight or survive.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 21:28:10 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

The platoon of Rockets reminded Josh all too much of his Johto days. It was that rainy day when the Gym Leader's parents had been taken from him. The day he left home to try to rescue them, Rocket chasing him and his Manectric steed into a subway tunnel in central Goldenrod, There were so many painful memories of almost losing them. He still worried for them, now that they were in Hoenn. At least he could defend them directly now and feel direcly responsible for what would happen were Rocket to invade Mauville again.

Hearing the fellow Gym Leader's cry, Josh flicked Junji's reins to get the Iron Jugulis fired up. A trio of DARK PULSES flew out of the mechanized dragon's three mouths, each of which was met by a DARK PULSE from other Pokémon the Rockets wielded against them. Chomper and Junji were very powerful, but they seemed overwhelmed by numbers.

"Andrea, we have to cut a path through them. Blast the ones that matter, and fly to Mauville with me. This is way beyond the two of us to help with." The Gym Leader hated to back down when he saw people in need, but he also knew when the fight was a lost cause.

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 13:46:07 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]historical event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]SLATEPORT INVASION 1-B

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You attempt to fight or flee. The incursion is far too swift, far too overwhelming to properly defend against. As announcements for evacuation sound all around you, Team Rocket overtakes your position every time you find a secure location.[break][break]

Suddenly, the power is cut. With the Power Plant compromised, the city is cut off from the grid—and the rest of Hoenn.[break][break]

Finally, Silas Blackwell, the old Rocket Boss corners you with his henchmen. His Luxray bares its fangs, ready for a CRUNCH on your neck. The Boss says, "don't bother trying."[break][break]

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Surrender or fight till the end.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Three.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 13:48:55 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
As it became increasingly clear that Rocket was winning the numbers game, Josh suggested the only logical option. "We can't leave! If we do, those people will die!" Andrea objected with tears in her eyes. Only after the words had left her mouth did she come to a horrid realization...

Those people had already died. The Slateport invasion had happened over five years ago. This was merely a simulation of the past. And that past was set in stone.

The young woman bit her lip. "Fine... Let's go to Mauville." She relented, holding back bitter tears.

Retreating was easier said than done. The two Gym Leaders were surrounded by Rockets from all sides including the air, men riding on Fearow and Honchkrow blocking one of their last escape routes.

Suddenly, the entire city was plunged into darkness. himself accosted the duo, his Luxray ready to pounce on its cornered prey.

"Surrender now or prepare to fight!" One of Silas' henchmen taunted them.

"We will fight!" Andrea retorted, defiant till the very end.

Silas whistled.

And Chomper and Luxray clashed.

Surrender or fight till the end.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 7:16:16 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Junji reinforced Chomper the best he could, loosing a three-pronged DARK PULSE toward the vicious Luxray that was able to leap as high as those Fearow could fly. Truly an incredible specimen, wasted in the hands of a killer. No matter what the dragon riders seemed to do, there were simply too many of them. With every AIR CUTTER the Iron Jugulis used to knock the birds out of the sky, more came to replace them. Slateport truly was a lost cause.

A vicious, unseen attack tore into Josh from behind just as he was lining up for a second strike. It was accompanied by a squishing sound of Houndoom teeth sinking into flesh. Lacking the strength to hold onto his dragon, the Mauville Leader fell limp in the saddle, his vision fading to white...

Surrender or fight till the end.

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 7:16:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]legendary event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]KORAIDON 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]The scene changes to a terastal cavern. Encased entirely in these crystals, you see your reflection... and beside yourself is a massive lizard-like creature. The simulation states that the Pokemon is a Koraidon: a muscular, ferocious dragon able to break the earth with its fists. No other data exists pertaining to this Winged King. Curiously, it seems paired with you.[break][break]

A roar rattles down the tunnel. Another Koraidon stomps toward you in apex form, its fierce plume and twisted antennae flicking about like whips.[break][break]

You're in the middle of a territorial dispute and there's no way out.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Win the battle.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Lose the battle.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.