[attr="class","swarmHead"]
A FAN⚡ROTOM

swarm has appeared!

[attr="class","swarmCut"]
[attr="class","swarmCutIn"]
[attr="class","swarmCutBG"]

[attr="class","swarmIMG"]

[attr="class","swarmText"]

ANOTHER SUMMER DAY breaks upon hoenn. the trees, laden with boughs of leaves so still, so defeated, stand in surrender against the brutal waves of heat.[break][break]
[break][break]
however, one species has found an ingenious way of fending off the fever. having stolen fans from shacks and stores, a swarm of rotom busily billow in the open field.[break][break]

what will you do?

[attr="class","swarmInstr"]
instructions

• only one character of yours may participate.
  • in order to qualify for the capture, you must use a word related to wind somewhere in your post and BOLD it.
  • write an in-character post of your character attempting to catch the fan rotom with a roll.
  • highest roll will earn the shiny fan rotom; second highest and lowest rolls will also net rewards.
  • the attempted capture will not consume a pokéball.
  • the rotom have movesets that will be revealed at the end of the event.
  • this is a time-limited event and will end 7/30 (12:00PM - PST).

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
FAN ROTOM SWARM (SS)
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 3:02:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
A breeze twists through Bryony's hair, drawing her attention upward. She holds her Swablu in an arm, pale eyes searching for the strange sounding buzz. She cannot say she recognizes the Pokemon but she grabs a spare Pokeball and throws it on a whim, before she has time to even consider the action.

tVVAWeZX
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,413 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FAN ROTOM SWARM (SS)
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 3:08:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle feels like an airbender cause he thought he can somehow summon the wind to cool him down. walking down to the direction from where it came from, he happens upon the group of rotom in their fan forme.

he is disappointed by the realization that he wasn't an airbender and decides to throw a pokeball at one of them cause why not.

si35dKh5

@tags
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
FAN ROTOM SWARM (SS)
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 3:09:56 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

A violent gust breaks Thomas out of his thoughts, as he looks towards the source of the gust. Thomas sees the source of the buzzing, a group of Rotom that have occupied fans. While it isn't Thomas' first choice in what a Rotom would occupy, this was at least something that could be mended by providing Rotom with another appliance to occupy at another time.

Crossing his fingers, Thomas tossed a Pokeball at the group of Rotom, hoping for the best.

YL|yhIst

tags: @tag
notes: Why do I bother?

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
FAN ROTOM SWARM (SS)
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 3:11:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","knoxpost"]he'd been enjoying a morning cup of coffee when the swarm had blasted down the street. cap had been dozing in the chair across from him, sunhat pulled over her head and the crumbs of a raspberry scone still stuck to her fur. 

he's winded as he comes upon the collection of rotom. they mill about in a hectic dance as trainers who'd also witnessed the pokemon shoplift and break for it attempt to capture them.

captain unlatches a ball from his belt and chuffs out an excited sound. he grins and tosses it into the fray.

no tags
8S5A_R_9
[newclass=.knoxpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.knoxpost i]color:#4f96b1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.knoxpost b]color:#4f96b1;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
FAN ROTOM SWARM (SS)
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 3:12:35 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
The buzzing in the air is almost drowned out by the sound of the ruffling leaves. A cool gust flows through the air, saving them from the blistering heat for mere moments. His eyes lock on the source of the buzzing and he looks to stop it by tossing a pokeball right at it.

sRkM6sGS
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
FAN ROTOM SWARM (SS)
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 3:12:37 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

The wind rose to greet her; gentle coaxings of the breeze that let her hair sway and curl against her face.[break][break]

On a hot summer day, she can appreciate the sight of the rotoms as they form a swarm in the distance. It was what made her hand drop to her waist, fishing for an empty capsule. “It'd be stupid to not give it a shot,” though her track record for catching pokemon in swarms was low.[break][break]

Rather than debate her odds, Bailey Cooper would expand the pokeball and give it a toss, wondering if her chances would improve if she hit one of the ghosts while it was unaware.[break][break]

9AdCNCtW

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

@ spawn

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
FAN ROTOM SWARM (SS)
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 3:18:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"You need to know one thing, baby. I'm the man, aight'? I'm like the wind; everyone loves me on a hot day." The youngest McQueen boasts arrogantly to the screen of his phone—preparing to send a quick video message to a little bombshell he had been speaking to over the past couple of days. In the midst of creating this message, the sound of buzzing overtook an overall peaceful and tranquil scene. Hazel eyes fixed overhead for a brief second, Chancelor's eyes lock upon a Rotom! Not one but an entire hoard—each one cooling the other off with their fan-esque appearance. "Shiiid, i'd be a dickhead to pass an opportunity like this up." With that said, the martial artist grabs one of the vacant Pokéball's in his pocket and attempts a capture on the Rotom that looked the coolest in his eyes.

✝ tag(s) - @deeznuts
✝ notes - T4nkpAxN

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
FAN ROTOM SWARM (SS)
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 3:20:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Having her hair whip in her face like some kind of tornado had just blown through was bloody frusterating because she had to EAT the hair. Not to mention the sting of having it make the impact in the first place - NOT what she wanted from this. Half of her just wanted to give up and go homr... but maybr staying a little whilr longer wouldnt kill anyone. Plus, she was kinda enjoying the freah air. Annoyances aside. Ahead was a pokemon she'd never seen before so taking a chance, threw a pokeball.

5Gwf3lQM
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
FAN ROTOM SWARM (SS)
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 3:30:30 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

the conjured up wind was welcomed by the woman, the formerly hot and painfully stagnate air having resulted in a thin layer of sweat that clung onto her brow. she stood amidst the 'storm' brewed by the ghosts, a look of delight situating itself upon her made up features. 

'this feels amazing,' she thought, tilting her head back.

q3ycn6_N

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
FAN ROTOM SWARM (SS)
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 3:32:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Strong wind moves across the landscape. Trees and plant life restless in its wake. In the air hangs a distinct ozone smell. All indications of the coming storm. Occasionally a water droplet falls from the dimly lit sky, landing square on Alison’s head.

A pokeball whistles through the air and collides with the pokemon. Following its prelude thunder rolls overhead.

oViMvC6O

it's time to nikodie

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
FAN ROTOM SWARM (SS)
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 3:41:49 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twobee"]
[attr="class","twobeeleft"]
[attr="class","twobeeimg"]

[attr="class","twobeelyric"]I WILL FIGHT

[attr="class","twobeelyric1"]TO

[attr="class","twobeelyric2"]PROTECT

[attr="class","twobeelyric3"]THE WORLD

[attr="class","twobeeright"]
[attr="class","twobeeright1"]
[attr="class","twobeeicon"][attr="class","ion-earth"]

[attr="class","twobeepost"]
[attr="class","twobeelyric4"]TO BE THEIR STRENGTH

[attr="class","twobeeline"]

A strong gust was flowing through Route 111, thanks to the many Rotoms that had possessed fans. Under the intense heat plaguing the region, that gesture was somewhat appreciated, but it was still troublesome for the owners of those fans and the travelers trying to go through. And thus, an alarm was raised, to get people to handle these cases.[break][break]

Balder arrived on Falco's back, preferring to stay in the air as he analyzed the situation on the ground. After a couple of minutes, observing all the trainers arriving and jumping in the fray, the alolan man decided to step in as well. Grabbing a pokeball from his belt, he sent Geo to the ground. As soon as the rock creature landed on the ground, he proceeded with shooting rocks from his launcher at the Rotoms, while his master tried to catch one of them.[break][break]

bhxzko18
[break]

[attr="class","twobeenotes"]
Guess the pokeball will be blown away

[attr="class","twobeetagged"]@event

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700]
[googlefont=Inconsolata:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Raleway:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Oswald:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.twobee]background-color:#333333;color:#999999;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;width:550px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twobeeleft]position:absolute;margin:35px 0px 0px 415px;width:100px;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twobeeimg]height:100px;width:100px;margin-bottom:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twobeeimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twobeelyric]font:15px Raleway;line-height:13px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twobeelyric1]font:25px Montserrat;line-height:23px;color:#eeeeee;letter-spacing:2.5px;margin-right:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twobeelyric2]font:bold 29px Montserrat;letter-spacing:-5px;line-height:28px;color:#fc7279;margin-left:-3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twobeelyric3]font:22px Oswald;font-weight:300!important;line-height:20px;padding-bottom:24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twobeeright]border-right:solid 170px #252525;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twobeeright1]border:solid 1px #252525;border-right:0px;padding:44px;position:relative;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twobeeicon]position:absolute;font-size:120px;color:#fc7279;margin:-80px -65px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twobeepost]position:relative;z-index:1;font:11px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twobeepost font]font-weight:700!important;color:#fc7279!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twobeepost b, .twobeepost i]color:#cccccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twobeelyric4]font:25px Oswald;font-weight:300!important;color:#eeeeee;line-height:20px;text-align:right;letter-spacing:.15px;white-space:nowrap;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twobeelyric4 b]font-weight:400!important;color:#fc7279;line-height:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twobeeline]margin:20px 0px 20px 175px;height:1px;background-color:#252525;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twobeenotes]margin:44px -44px -44px -44px;padding:24px;border-top:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#2d2d2d;font:11px Roboto;text-align:right;color:#5f5f5f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twobeetagged]float:right;border:solid 1px #222222;background-color:#333333;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:8px;padding:10px;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-55px 25px 0px 0px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twobeetagged a]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:8px;color:#fc7279!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

emilee, vivian, brianne
she/her
twenty-three
october 17
Castelia City, Unova
n/a
admin/businesswoman
executive
151 height
151 height
It ain’t easy being mean. In effete morality, I maintain a masquerade of earnestness and modesty.
awards
181 posts
marie jules DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marie
marie jules
FAN ROTOM SWARM (SS)
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 4:21:45 GMT
marie jules Avatar
god this fucking blew. knowing full well that she was grasping at air, marie breezed on by, wind on her metaphorical wings lifting her to her next destination. but she would be caught off guard when a sudden burst of air nearly lifted her off her feet. rotoms, fan ones at that.

she needed to vent, blow off all this hot air, but she had no one to do it to. so she simply tossed a ball, and like a fart in the wind, it flew, her hopes as thin as air.

fuck.

ibepZhmu
close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
FAN ROTOM SWARM (SS)
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 6:54:27 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
she hears it before she even feels or sees it - the low frequency hum is heavy in the air. summer heat is rapidly displaced as the WIND picks up suddenly.

persephone recognises the sound instantly - she'd come across a nest of rotom what feels like a life-time ago with . her eyes search the swarm and land on a unique member of the species. she readies an empty capsule and tosses it skyward.

oQ9Rjw|D

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
FAN ROTOM SWARM (SS)
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 9:08:03 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@tag

words

notes
why do I even keep TRYING?!

Hoenn summers were terrible.

No wonder Lars detested his home region when the hottest months of the year came rumbling around, the heat haze that hung in the air was something else entirely and it was just so fucking stupid he wished he could blow a cold, biting winter breeze to cool the place down!

…no wonder Shoal Cave became really popular during this time of the year, especially when it was low tide, the cold waft of air blowing through its halls and serving as a giant, walk-in freezer.

But no, he was out here in one of the hotter parts of the region, trying to finish his delivery route (he’d even stripped out of his shirt and was practically riding around topless because the heat was fucking murder) when he saw something. A flash, a spark.

A crackle of energy.

Hoping that he’d seen that right, he rode his bike and began to chase it down, eventually coming to a gathering near Mauville where there were…

Wait, what the hell were those?!

Wondering if this was even going to be worth it, he plucks an empty Pokéball from his pants pocket and throws it at the one that had taunted him to come all the way down here because mischief…

YZJ_dmWT

[newclass=".lars"] [/newclass]