part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 5:54:30 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LUMINOUS

SLEEPLESS IN SLATEPORT

THE THICK FABRIC OF HIS COAT is shed onto a nearby chair. what life remains, sleuths through the kitchen, infinitely smaller than before as his figure seems to shrink into itself. his own reservation makes him seem more fit for a specter–one she has yet to tame–than another companion.

in many ways, he is the cait alfric to her fernando silph. but he does not pang her with guilt or nag with whispers of the dead. he only has one question that flickers to life under a ticking stove top.

should i make some tea?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 6:07:57 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

She hesitated, watching him move with an ease in the comfort of his own home that unsettled her. He should be more vigilant than this, she thought, watching him discard his coat and subsequently ignore all her questions. It was like talking to a wall.[break][break]

"Tea?" she repeated, incredulous. "If you think that's the best use of our time, then, by all means."[break][break]

Her patience was thinning and her curiosity only mounting, becoming monstrous in its desire to be satiated. She took a nearby seat for lack of anything else to do, crossing her legs as one began to restlessly sway to and fro.

Glaring at him, she rested an elbow on the table while her hand delicately cupped her cheek, tilting her head towards him.[break][break]

"You're always indirect, aren't you?" she complained, frustration audible in her voice. "Questions answered with questions. I remember that, from when you and I first began talking with one another."[break][break]

It had amused her at the time, like a Skitty chasing a ball of yarn and seeing how far it could unravel. Now that trait of his only served to vex her.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 5:42:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LUMINOUS

SLEEPLESS IN SLATEPORT

A BLACK KETTLE RESTS AGAINST AN UNTOUCHED STOVE TOP. flames billow at the turn of a knob, sparking several times, before the flame start to roast at its underside. blue and red clash against its metal surface but it takes time for it to heat. the water inside it remains calm as it cooks, well aware and unbothered.

his selection is well stocked and untouched, as per the course for a home that used but never lived in. a hand reaches out for the tea she prefers but he hesitates before he can reach for the packet. something fresh, dried and jarred from a harvest, had always been her preference.

something he had not prepared himself since before coming back to hoenn.

right.

he knows the answer in his head but lingering self awareness plucks at his consciousness. what he knows and what is real are two different things. the biting words she left him with serve as a reminder that she is not her, despite what his eyes and ears tell him.

jasmine?

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 6:00:18 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"I like jasmine," she offered mildly, and her leg begrudgingly slowed in its swinging. "I used to have my own blend, once."[break][break]

Many blends, really. Floral themed teas, and even little desserts, fancifully arranged to look like the blossoms that infused them with sweetness. It humiliated her now to realize how much pride she'd taken in such a pitiful pastime.[break][break]

But there was an undeniable nostalgia in the scent, and it betrayed her deeper self with the longing it stirred in her for simpler times.[break][break]

Had she even offered this very jasmine tea, back at her quaint little cottage in the Petalburg Woods? She had offered to pour him tea, certainly, if not this precise blend. The memory of it persisted regardless.[break][break]

She'd enjoyed the tension of that encounter, back then. The apprehension between them unsettled her now.[break][break]

"If you're trying to poison me, though, don't bother. It's a waste of both our time."

[attr="class","ooc"]
Context: Snake in the Garden ft. Fernando
[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 6:22:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LUMINOUS

SLEEPLESS IN SLATEPORT

“I CAN TELL THEM APART NOW,” he confides. “the ones that aren’t meant for consumption.

which is about as detailed as he can get. for identifying between them is still an impossible task. they look exactly the same to him. subtle details that most can differentiate under scrutiny, has always been his weak point. a lesson she had tried to drill into him by sending him off into petalburg woods many times before.

again, something he had only learned after he had needed to. out of necessity, and out of abandonment.

plain, no?

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 6:34:00 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She looked up at him, bewildered, and it occurred to her then how pointless all her questions had been. It was as if everything she'd said to him had been as meaningless as an infant's nonsensical cries -- a rustle of leaves, maybe, or the sigh of a drooping jasmine petal.[break][break]

"That's not easy to do," she acknowledged uncertainly, unsure where he was taking this strange conversation. "I didn't think you cared much about flowers, if I'm to be honest."[break][break]

He'd showed polite interest in her gardens, only to a point. It was the Gracideas that had intrigued him, and the crystablooms after: flowers with impact beyond their fleeting beauty. They were heralds of greater forces that sought to influence Hoenn at large, and as its councilman, he sought to decipher those omens.[break][break]

Jasmine petals held no such mysteries. They were far plainer.[break][break]

"Plainness isn't a bad thing, is it?" she said, more to herself than to him. "There is elegance in simplicity."[break][break]

She felt lost. She wasn't sure why she was here.[break][break]

The answer to that riddle felt so frustratingly simple, but nothing in her could decipher this conversation for what it was.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 7:10:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LUMINOUS

SLEEPLESS IN SLATEPORT

“AH.”

a pause slips under the duress of a kettle’s whistle. steam shoots through the nozzle until he moves it to an unlit stove top.

i mean, do you take it plain.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 7:14:49 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Oh."[break][break]

The sound of hissing steam filtered through the perplexed silence that followed.[break][break]

"Plain is fine," she managed, and again she wondered if this was a dream. It felt too strange to be real.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 8:50:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LUMINOUS

SLEEPLESS IN SLATEPORT

“HM.”

another pauses creates a mental timer for the boiling water. a coarse hiss escapes when he pours, eventually settling into a pair of porcelain cups. jasmine pouches float at first but they sink by the time he sets them down. a single eye watches the murky earthen tones pool as the water becomes increasingly unclear.

he stands at the other end of the table. joining her but not quite sitting.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 17:52:18 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She cradled the cup in her hand, the floral notes wafting from the brew. As she was about to sip the drink, she happened to glance up to see him awkwardly looming over the table. Strangely, he showed no indication of sitting or departing.[break][break]

He was just... looking at her.[break][break]

To be so observed doing such a mundane thing as sipping tea made it all the easier to fumble; it was unnerving, to be under such scrutiny. She lowered the untouched cup to the table, sighed, and gestured to the empty chair opposite her. His coat still lay draped across it.[break][break]

"Won't you at least sit?"[break][break]

If he wanted to play at normalcy for this bizarre encounter, the least he could do was play his part well.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 0:51:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LUMINOUS

SLEEPLESS IN SLATEPORT

“I—”

he starts but never finishes the thought. how many things had he wanted to tell her? to confess in the twilight of regrets dreams and wistful memories? stories he had whispered to under the secrecy of sleep keeps his moral poverty at bay.

he had this chance, once before. when a lift of his finger could reawaken the eternal slept. but self restraint let her rest, peacefully. available, but at arm’s length under the full understanding that to call for her would do irreparable damage to his psyche.

something he had ironed and folded a million time, in her name.

the year of dragon is one that ushers in great prosperity.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 1:36:42 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

He remained standing, despite everything.[break][break]

Elisabeth leaned forward on the table, warily eyeing the curiosity that was this version of .[break][break]

It's like talking to the living embodiment of the Kantonese Room Thought Experiment, she thought bitterly to herself. It certainly felt like talking to a machine scripted to only understand so much of human language.[break][break]

Though that invited a different perspective on their encounter. Provoking him hadn't resulted in any meaningful reaction; needling him with questions had resulted in no answers; commenting on the absurdity of events brought about no shame or explanation.[break][break]

She'd yet to see what happened when she played along.[break][break]

"Tell me, then," she asked him gently, lifting her cup of tea again. "About the Lunar New Year, and the prosperity you're searching for."[break][break]

She sipped at it patiently, curious where he was going with this.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 3:33:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LUMINOUS

SLEEPLESS IN SLATEPORT

THE YEAR BEGINS ANEW,” he starts, steam wafting a thinly veiled barrier between them. her features become muddled behind it, slipping between the heated smoke.

it is a time we pay outstanding debts and bring out gifts for those we care about.

he finally takes his seat.

“when we visit our parents to pay our respects.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 3:44:02 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Her brow furrowed slightly, crinkling as she struggled to rationalize his reason for telling her this. Perhaps expecting reason was, in itself, an obstacle to understanding him.[break][break]

"Oh?" she said noncommittally, attempting to sound engaged.[break][break]

She knew very little about 's parents, but what she knew came from . She could still feel the GRUDGE the younger Silph had felt for his adoptive father, and while she suspected the two men had a different relationship than the one Fernando had known, following up on the topic proved risky.[break][break]

Uncertain what else to add, she continued to drink her tea, eyes pleading for him to continue.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 6:32:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LUMINOUS

SLEEPLESS IN SLATEPORT

THE UNDERLYING MEANING IS LOST AGAINST THE UNKNOWING. what should opened an awkward, open ended conversation, bounces off the surface with little more understanding than the circumstance of their encounter. how fitting.

the year of the dragon is an especially heralded year. like the pokemon they are based on, parents assume their dragons will be ambitious and excel in whatever field they hold.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights