Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 6:40:14 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Are you ambitious this year, then?" she asked him, prying further. "Is there something you hope to excel in?"[break][break]

Her heartbeat quickened somewhat at the question, an unspoken doubt gnawing at her. He wanted something of her, surely? Why else would he invite her here?[break][break]

The cup trembled as she placed it back on its saucer, ripples radiating out from the center of the brew.[break][break]

"You've certainly excelled in a great deal before now," she added softly, musing. In politics, in business. What aspirations remained for him?

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 6:48:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LUMINOUS

SLEEPLESS IN SLATEPORT

“NO,” he says before taking a long, purposeful sip. “i’m year of the monkey.

but the year matters little. it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. children born during year of the dragon are given more resources. how could they not become more successful in comparison?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 6:55:56 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

That was her year, too, wasn't it? 'The Monkey.'[break][break]

She watched him take his leisurely sip, leaning back in her own chair as she did so. The soft fabric of her own coat, draped against the chair behind her, pressed against her skin as if to reassure her that she was still real and physically present, despite how strange all this seemed.[break][break]

What he said made her think, again, of . Of the envy he obviously held for the resources afforded to the elder Silph whose blood he didn't share.[break][break]

"What are you implying?" she asked slowly, struggling to connect the two disparate thoughts.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 10:31:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LUMINOUS

SLEEPLESS IN SLATEPORT

“THAT SUPERSTITIONS AND TRADITIONS ARE FAR FROM PRACTICAL,” he challenges. something that would always press her to succumb to his mindset. and, when she could refute him, she would do so in a way that made him cave.

a way no one else could.

yet we still celebrate them. reverence and all.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 13:50:25 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"That may be, but..."[break][break]

She tilted her head at him, regarding him with a flash of strange insight. Small as that insight was, it struck her as oddly profound in this moment.[break][break]

"...you said 'we.' Which means you revere and celebrate these traditions yourself, regardless of how impractical you find them."[break][break]

It defied her expectations of him. Nothing about was sentimental -- the bare, empty, minimalist place he called his 'home' said as much. She only had to look about herself to see proof of his glaring lack of personality.[break][break]

"Why is that?" she asked him, and this time, the note of curiosity in her voice sang true.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 5:39:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LUMINOUS

SLEEPLESS IN SLATEPORT

BECAUSE OF YOU, resonates within his heart. the fact she would ask such a question breaks the glamour of her disguise. small yet constant reminders that no matter how well wrapped the package may be, one can never imitate the soul.

a reminder he’s not sure whether to embrace or relinquish.

because without it, old traditions will die out.

and with it, the memories.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 5:47:33 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"I wouldn't expect you to mourn that. The death of tradition, I mean."[break][break]

Her hands wrung together in her lap, tangled in anxiety hidden from his side of the table.[break][break]

It wasn't as if he cared about her opinion, really, but she'd grown up more traditional than not. Sentimentality had presented itself as an obstacle both in her life in Kalos and even here in Hoenn, but it was nonetheless a burden she could never quite relinquish. That was the curse of always looking backwards, she supposed. It made you nostalgic.[break][break]

A hand raised to tuck a stray strand of golden hair behind her ear.[break][break]

"If traditions mean so much to you, why are you alone tonight?" she challenged him, half-expecting him to ignore this question as he had ignored so many others. "Surely you didn't want to celebrate with someone like me?"[break][break]

It was lacking in the sneering venom that had greeted him at the start of their conversation. This was self-deprecating in its humor, a wry observation of what Elisabeth inherently believed to be true of herself and of him.[break][break]

The problem was everything about this moment was refuting that fact, and she still couldn't explain why.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 3:52:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LUMINOUS

SLEEPLESS IN SLATEPORT

“I DON’T—” he says all too plainly. “nor will i. when it passes, it will as everything does. but until that time comes, i will not be the one to sever it.

a statement that holds true for more than just tradition. fernando silph is not a man who mourn (openly). he is one how bottles and allows it to simmer under the self depreciating perspective of burden. the responsibility of those who can.

very fitting for the eldest son of a kantonese family.

a guardian’s role exist in tandem and in spite of tradition. celebrations are built on the labor and sacrifice of others.

he gaze settles on her as his tea stills.

and i am not alone tonight.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 4:03:31 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"I suppose that's how you view yourself, isn't it? A guardian."[break][break]

Privately, she'd always thought that was the reason for Tapu Fini's Avatarship of him. They both had an inherently possessive nature, at least in this sense. Hoenn was Silph's just as Tapu Fini saw her Avatars and her oceans as possessions.[break][break]

As for Elisabeth's bond to that deity, theirs was a shared viciousness that whispered of the spite and salt of the sea.[break][break]

Her gaze flitted downward, staring at nothing in particular.[break][break]

"Some people are worse than no company at all."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 4:32:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LUMINOUS

SLEEPLESS IN SLATEPORT

“THOSE WHO CAN MUST BEAR THE BURDEN OF THOSE WHO CAN’T.”

which, paints an image of self importance that fernando rarely relishes. but his time in hoenn has proven his words, no matter how little he believes in them. as the region falls into despair, so do its people. muddled by inaction. crippled by the incapable.

now, they have the chance to adapt and new faces are taking up the mantles left barren for so long.

or those who won’t.

he closes his eye, for a second, and smells the waft of old leather and cheap candles.

celebrations are built on the labor and sacrifice of others,” he repeats, “even if that means worse company.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 4:43:47 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Those who won't." That comment felt pointed.[break][break]

Hadn't she been part of the reason the region was falling into disrepair? Wasn't she, herself, an embodiment of the Ruination looming over them all?[break][break]

Her hands wrapped around the tea cup, letting it warm her as she stewed over this in silence.[break][break]

"What do you consider celebrating?" she asked finally.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 9:56:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LUMINOUS

SLEEPLESS IN SLATEPORT

HE HAS NO REPLY. just seated silence that permeates until the tea is bitter and brown. perfect to drink from. able to warm the body despite these cold, enduring seasons.

MISTY TERRAIN starts to pool from the doorways deeper into his condo, along with the foyer they came from. glitter and sparkle crawl out of the floorboards, spilling from open vents, setting some decor away from fernando’s normalized drab.

a pointed look from him questions her intentions, aware enough to know where TAPU FINI now lies.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUMINOUS
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 14:27:07 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

An equally pointed look met his in return. She shrugged, shoulders rising and falling as she sipped at the tea, finally relinquishing it as she rose to her feet.[break][break]

"Tapu Fini wants you alive," she said simply, as if this explained everything. "It was the other one that wanted you dead, but Wo-chien has other desires now."[break][break]

Maybe he'd find that comforting. Maybe he'd find it concerning.[break][break]

Telling him either thing felt like showing her hand, but circumstances being as absurd as they were, it didn't feel like a mistake to tell him what he likely already knew.[break][break]

She glanced over her shoulder at the plumes of pink mist, enveloping the otherwise drab space in its sweet perfume.[break][break]

"Open their hearts," a masculine voice whispered back to her, taunting with gleeful malice.[break][break]

"Do you know something I don't?" she asked him quietly. "About why she wants me here with you?"[break][break]

About what had really happened between them that strange October day.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights