TAG WITH @povel
povel kowalski
Splinter
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 7:56:27 GMT
povel kowalski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","povel-kowalski"]

[attr="class","inner"]
Tek- Show me forward. Tek tweets once, Povel throws his arm into the air, and the obedient Fletchling takes off. Povel sits patiently on a rock, waiting for his companion to return with an answer. A few moments later Tek comes fluttering back, lands on his arm and tweets twice. Thank you. Povel hands Tek a seed.
[break][break]
Povel stands up from the brush and slowly moves forward out of the tree line. The dense, tropical landscape of Route 119 comes in handy for situations like this. It's easy to move without being seen and in the unlikely event you get spotted, losing your tail is easy. Good for Povel and good for Rocket. Light brushing and mild crunching with his steps were the only sounds for a few hours up until a faint, electrical hum entered the mix.
[break][break]
A power transfer station with a small, one-room, utility building made of concrete painted white. It's not a very important place, but a few members of some of the rocket squads use it for various things when they needed to get away. Rocket are clever, but they're still an organization with a lot of people- that means a need for common meeting places for whatever their organization's needs are. That also means a possibility for accidentally left behind intel. It's not extremely common, but it's one place in a network of many places on Povel's list.
[break][break]
Ewa- watch. He sets the Pidove on one of the hand rails near the door. Povel enters the room through the loud, metal door, and turns the lights on. He immediately lifts up his shotgun, not likely to be needed, but you can't be too careful. After stepping forward a bit the smell of a decaying body fills his nostrils. Povel peeked around a folding table in the center of the room to find a man with blonde hair laying on the ground while tied to a knocked down chair.
[break][break]
Povel squat down next to the boy. So young.. He looked as if he was straight out of high school, a young college kid at most. He also looked thoroughly worn over by some Rocket interrogators. Bluish purple face markings, a broken nose, and large, wooden splinters under his finger nails. He looked in his pockets and around the building- nothing. No identification or trail at all. Povel pulled his phone out and took a few pictures of the body.
[break][break]
Ewa cooed. Povel suddenly snapped into flight, looking for the nearest cover. A small metal closet was all that was available in the tiny room, but it was his only option. With his slender frame, Povel squeezed into the closet and focused on calming his breath.
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","bg-image"]

[newclass=".povel-kowalski b"]color: #9C9A9A; font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".povel-kowalski b:before"]content: open-quote;[/newclass]
[newclass=".povel-kowalski b:after"]content: close-quote;[/newclass]
[newclass=".povel-kowalski"]background-color: #424242; border: 1px solid #151515; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; color: #8D8D8D; font-size: 16px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".povel-kowalski .inner"]text-align: justify; font: 11px 'Roboto'; padding: 30px; margin: 30px; border-radius: 20px; background: rgba(66,66,66,1.0); border: 4px solid rgba(141,141,141,1.0);[/newclass]
[newclass=".povel-kowalski .bottom"]height: 80px; padding: 20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".povel-kowalski .bg-image"]background-image: url("https://i.ibb.co/Z2sBV0Z/city-1-smwide-grad.png"); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center bottom;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto+Condensed|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Roboto|Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Splinter
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 20:13:13 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

The local police typically handled missing persons reports, but once Team Rocket's involvement became clear, the Hoenn Bureau of Intelligence and Counterterrorism took over the investigation. [break][break]

Gunner had been working tirelessly with the Fortree City Police Department over the past several days. Based on new clues and evidence, he headed into the forest of Route 119. A dirt trail took him off the main road to the small power transfer station, with its peeling paint and flimsy fencing. [break][break]

Killing the engine of his rental car and stepping out, Gunner released two Pokémon: his Arcanine, Gwyn ap Nudd, and his Umbreon, Laudine. [break][break]

"Keep watch here," the agent told the former, who huffed in affirmation and started to patrol the perimeter. A Pidove near the door tweeted as the Arcanine passed it. [break][break]

Gunner ignored the bird and entered the building. And then he paused, because the lights were already on inside. [break][break]

Exchanging a glance with Laudine, he gave the Pokémon a silent command through hand signals. The Umbreon slunk around the room, examining it for anything amiss, as Gunner rounded a folding table to find the body on the floor. [break][break]

Laudine stopped in front of a closet. Though the smell of death was overpowering, she caught a whiff of something else, something recent, through the door. Her sudden stillness alerted Gunner, and he crept over. Then, grabbing the handle with one hand, he threw the door open.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

borfus

He/Him
November 10
Fallarbor
Straight
N/A
Civilian
Concrete and Rebar
5'10" - 178 cm height
5'10" - 178 cm height
awards
15 posts
part of
TAG WITH @povel
povel kowalski
Splinter
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 23:12:03 GMT
povel kowalski Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]
Make any moves and we both go fucking boom Povel stayed slinking in his cabinet-hiding position, shotgun pointed upwards in one hand and the other over the spoon of a pin-less grenade, daisy-chained to 4 others wrapped around his waist just in view behind his jacket. He was exposed. His eyes anxiously dart around the room spotting the Umbreon with his hands violently shaking. Povel hadn't had much experience in this situation before.
[break][break]
I won't end up like your little project over there. He glanced at the body and then immediately back to Gunner- I'm sure you Rocket fucks love getting your 'intel' from children, but I'm no child and I sure as FUCK do not go down like one. Povel's spit flew out as he spoke. The room was spinning. An intense mixture of rage and fear swirled through Povel's blood vessels, pumped through his heart, and sent densely packed in his accented voice.
[break][break]
Who the fuck is this boy?
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".povel-kowalski b"]color: #9C9A9A; font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".povel-kowalski"]background-color: #424242; border: 1px solid #151515; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; color: #8D8D8D; font-size: 16px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".povel-kowalski .inner"]text-align: justify; font: 11px 'Roboto'; padding: 30px; margin: 30px; border-radius: 20px; background: rgba(66,66,66,1.0); border: 4px solid rgba(141,141,141,1.0);[/newclass]
[newclass=".povel-kowalski .bg-image"]background-image: url("https://i.ibb.co/Z2sBV0Z/city-1-smwide-grad.png"); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center bottom;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Splinter
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 16:32:08 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

As soon as Gunner realized he was on the business end of a shotgun, he raised both hands, palms facing the stranger, in the universal gesture of surrender. His heartbeat spiked, every instinct telling him to fight or flee. [break][break]

A quick visual assessment of the other man revealed the grenades daisy-chained together. Gunner's mind raced, seeking the best option for de-escalation. [break][break]

Then the man accused him of being a member of Team Rocket. Confusion and consternation creased Gunner's brow. "Please calm down, sir. I'm not with Team Rocket," he said, using his most professional government voice. [break][break]

At his side, Laudine was tense all over, her red eyes trained on the stranger in the closet. [break][break]

Gunner continued to speak. "If you want, you can reach into my coat pocket on the left side. My ID is in there. It will say I'm a member of the HBIC. I'm here to investigate a missing persons report." [break][break]

He dared not glance over his shoulder at the body, not with a shotgun in his face.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

borfus

He/Him
November 10
Fallarbor
Straight
N/A
Civilian
Concrete and Rebar
5'10" - 178 cm height
5'10" - 178 cm height
awards
15 posts
part of
TAG WITH @povel
povel kowalski
Splinter
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 1:16:54 GMT
povel kowalski Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]
The room was spinning. He could barely concentrate. What did he say? HBIC? His body felt separated from his mind- like witnessing himself in a dream. He's fucking lying. He's trying to disarm me. HBIC?? It was his turn in a situation that he controlled, but knew that position could be easily and fatally lost. If the man really was a fed, that made the situation much more dangerous for Povel. Dizzy, afraid, and running out of time Povel had to make a choice.
[break][break]
He watched himself set the shotgun down against the inside of the closet with one hand while holding the grenade up in the other. His hand lightly pat around the man's pocket allowing Povel to feel the outline of a wallet. He reached in, pulled it out, and flipped it over. Under a transparent sleeve held an ID. It was covered in holographic and transparent markings as well as a large badge-like emblem, watermarking the right half of the plastic card. Povel had no idea what to look for, but this thing was full of so many security features that it just didn't seem feasible to attempt a counterfeit. It also wouldn't have made any sense for a Rocket member to return to a scene like this with identification even if it was fake. What would be the point?
[break][break]
Povel looked at the man and back at the ID again- "Gunner Graves". HBIC.. I have to get out of here now. Povel set the wallet on the table and picked up his shotgun.
[break][break]
The- Povel's sudden talking threw him into a coughing fit- his body's way of attempting to adjust to the situation. Even though his mouth was dry he still managed to send spittle in front of Gunner's shoes. There's nothing here and I didn't take anything either! With two of his free fingers, he reached into his inner jacket pocket, pulled out a grenade pin, squeezed it back into the grenade, and placed it back onto his belt. Povel slowly backed up towards the door while cautiously watching Gunner to attempt his escape.
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Splinter
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 15:32:18 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner waited with professional patience as the stranger took his wallet to read his ID. The other man seemed to accept the reality of his situation, though he looked no less paranoid or fearful. Even after he restored the pin to the grenade, he still held the shotgun with a look that suggested he would bolt at any moment. [break][break]

Gunner collected his wallet, his movements slow so as not to spook the other man. [break][break]

"Do you have a name, Mr. Shotgun?" he asked, attempting to alleviate the tension with some humor. His delivery was drier than he'd have liked, though. "And what exactly were you doing here, if you're not with Team Rocket?" [break][break]

Because there was no way the stranger was a member of that crime organization with how vehemently he'd accused Gunner of being one.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

borfus

He/Him
November 10
Fallarbor
Straight
N/A
Civilian
Concrete and Rebar
5'10" - 178 cm height
5'10" - 178 cm height
awards
15 posts
part of
TAG WITH @povel
povel kowalski
Splinter
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 18:38:39 GMT
povel kowalski Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]
It's just like you say- Mr. Shotgun. Povel said this knowing that an HBIC man would eventually figure out who he was, but it was in his best interest to stay unknown for as long he could possibly manage. Even now, he wasn't fully aware of his level of safety and there wasn't any reason to give up any information yet.
[break][break]
Povel looked at the blonde boy on the floor while he held the metal handle on the door. The body was positioned in such a way that only a dead body could be; gnarled and twisted by gravity as all the life drifted out of his body. Povel's eyes slowly began to fill with tears. A millisecond was enough for a lifetime's worth of memories shared with close friends and family- then all of the life taken during the Fallarbor invasion.
[break][break]
I'm dead. I died years ago. Now I am stuck here. Povel was no longer shaking. I am a ghost. An apparition. I do not exist to you or your HBIC. I do not exist! his hands exaggerated in the air as if this were a convincing argument.
[break][break]
No not for you. But I do exist to other men, it's true! Povel stepped forward with his finger pointed at gunner, forgetting for a moment the situation that happened between him and the agent. His teeth showed as he spoke. I am here to haunt those mother fuckers.
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Splinter
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 18:14:45 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner's mouth pressed into a flat line at the stranger's answer. The more the other man spoke, the deeper Gunner's brow furrowed. Was the man insane? He had just threatened Gunner with a shotgun and grenade. [break][break]

Still, the agent did not fear for his life. Laudine's eyes were pinned on Mr. Shotgun, ready to act in her trainer's defense. [break][break]

"You mean Team Rocket?" Gunner asked, moving toward the body on the floor but continuing to face the stranger. He knew better than to expose his back. "Who were you before you died?" [break][break]

As he spoke, he removed a pair of latex gloves from another pocket and put them on. Hopefully, Mr. Shotgun hadn't tampered with the crime scene. [break][break]

"Did they kill you, back then?"

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

borfus

He/Him
November 10
Fallarbor
Straight
N/A
Civilian
Concrete and Rebar
5'10" - 178 cm height
5'10" - 178 cm height
awards
15 posts
part of
TAG WITH @povel
povel kowalski
Splinter
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 2:53:10 GMT
povel kowalski Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]
The snapping of gloves snapped Povel out of his emotional episode. Yes.. they did. This shift in Gunner's attention made it clear to Povel that his presence was not the primary reason for his visit. Perhaps getting out of this situation long term was actually possible.
[break][break]
Gunner was professional in the way he approached the body- it was clear he had done this many times. He seemed to be preparing for forensic analysis, but Povel couldn't be certain. All of it seemed eerily clinical to him. Povel was out of his element while Gunner moved with practiced ease.
[break][break]
There wasn't any reason for Povel to be there anymore, and he'd already have been long gone if he had half a brain. It doesn't matter anymore. He wanted to say more, perhaps an apology or further explanation, but instead, he simply frowned, inhaled deeply, and headed towards the door.
[break][break]
The door creaked and Povel paused as he locked eyes with the arcanine guarding the door. He hesitated briefly before slowly making his way out, giving the guard as much space as he could manage. When he got close enough he reached his hand down close to Ewa who instinctively clawed up the inside of his jacket sleeve. Povel made his way into the trees.
[break][break]
After walking for a while, he stopped near a clearing where he found a little stump to sit on. Alone, he replayed the encounter with the agent in his mind, his thoughts lingered on the dead boy. Povel cried. He did not stop for a while.
[break][break]
Summoning the pidove with a click of his tongue, she quickly scurried up. Povel offered her two seeds. Thank you. Ewa took the reward and returned to her spot in his jacket's inner pocket. Rising from the stump, Povel whistled a short tune. Shortly after, his fletchling landed on his outstretched hand, waiting for a command. Tek- take us home.
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Splinter
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 13:23:26 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

The stranger's affirmative response to Gunner's question confirmed his suspicions: that whatever Team Rocket had done to the man had eroded his rational mind and turned him into this pitiful, paranoid creature. [break][break]

"I guess you can say they killed me too," the agent said softly, his gloved hands gently checking the corpse for anything strange or unusual. [break][break]

Forensics would have the official review, of course, but if he could find any clue about the perpetrators, then he'd be able to continue his investigation. [break][break]

"It doesn't matter anymore." [break][break]

Gunner's head snapped up as footsteps announced the stranger's departure. "Hey, wait!" he shouted, swiftly rising to his feet as if to follow. But by the time Gunner exited the building, the other man was gone. [break][break]

The Arcanine stationed outside huffed a questioning bark, but his trainer shook his head. "I don't know. That was a strange encounter," was all the explanation he could give. [break][break]

Returning inside, he removed his gloves and dialed the Fortree City police department. Within the hour, the area was cordoned off with police tape and the body removed for an autopsy. A forensics team arrived to search for evidence. [break][break]

None of the personnel could identify the strange man Gunner had met, making him appear to be nothing more than the ghost he'd claimed to be.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Splinter
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 3:33:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: