part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
VCT: Eva vs. Hideo
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 19:55:37 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 From the depths of The Wilds to the battle tournament in Lilycove, Eva welcomed with a salute and friendly wink.

“Hey there, Hideo! Can’t say I’m surprised to see you flexing your strength here in the tournament,” Eva had learned to never underestimate the young trainers of Hoenn. They were always full of surprises. She certainly wouldn’t be underestimating him today.

“Don’t worry, I won’t be going easy on ya,” with a dramatic flare, she sent her Machamp onto the battlefield, ready to meet his champion head on.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 21:17:05 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Having already battled , it was only a matter of time until he battled his other Wilds-trawling companion. Such was the nature of being a trainer: the person you risked your life alongside the day before, could be engaging you in a friendly bout of battling the day after.

The moment she offered a salute, his Beheeyem told him, the boy waving in return. "Well I gotta do something with all that power I got," he joked, "so why not show it off in a tournament?"

To that end, he came here prepared: he was dressed in his Sygna Suit, with the Pokemon it was based on battling for him in this tournament. The Beheeyem stepped forward, diminutive in comparison to the Machamp.

Who knew how this fight would go? Well, he didn't want it to be an easy battle.

"Wouldn't want you to. Let's go!"

Chosen Gimmick: Sygna Suit (+10 to all rolls)

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 6:47:30 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva really liked Hideo. The kid had spunk and he knew how to use it to keep the adults on their toes. He was destined for great things.

“Alright, let’s get started then!” Eva clapped her hands together, casting a wide arch with one to propel the Machamp forward, “Let’s go, Syah!”

The Machamp didn’t need too much instruction. She and Eva had worked together long enough to trust each other in battle. There’s not always time for a command in the throws of war, after all.

Syah lurched forward, slamming her fists together as she BULKED UP, readying herself to strike at the psychic-type hard with a DARKEST LARIAT.

kF3FiT_Y

3/3 HP

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 16:08:02 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Type advantage, while reliable, never hinted at what moves a Pokemon actually possessed. Yes, Psychic was strong against Fighting, but that didn't mean the Machamp only had fighting-type moves.

So that Darkest Lariat didn't come as too much of a surprise, though it was something that he couldn't ignore.

His Beheeyem didn't need instruction to act - already raising up a Reflect to try and diminish the incoming attack - and retaliating with a Psychic meant to throw the oncoming Machamp off, to hopefully keep that attack from fully connecting.

HP: 3/3

F|ZFSzhg+10

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 23:47:04 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Syah’s fists stretched forward, striking with a dark energy that happened to fall short of the Beheeyem. The fighting-type faltered, eyes growing wide as a PSYCHIC energy pushed her back and knocked her right onto her rump.

“It’s alright, Syah! Don’t let ‘em push you around like that, get up and show ‘em what you’re made of!”

The Machamp rose back to her feet, shaking off the embarrassing start to the match. She advanced again, MEGA EVOLVING as she did so to play on her advantage. Her DYNAMIC PUNCH came from two directions, hoping to confuse the opponent.

j09JqY9W +20

2/3 HP

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 0:16:23 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The one downside of being this fashionable: Hideo didn't have an easy answer to a Mega Evolution. Or a Z-move. Or a Dynamax.

And Eva just had her Machamp pull out the first one. Ooh boy. The best bet he had was to outlast it, then take down the exhausted opponent - but of course, his opponent wasn't wasting any time, going straight for a two-sided attack.

"Elga, push those fists back!" Hideo ordered.

His Beheeyem pulled its head back for a moment, before its head shot forward, a Round emitting from where its mouth should be. It was an attack with two purposes: to push back the fists, and to push back its opponent.

lZL7hrE1+10

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 5:30:33 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Syah’s mega evolution was a last ditch effort. She was not faring well in this battle against the psychic-type. It was almost as if the pokemon could see her moves coming before she had a chance to strike . . . that’s probably why they were more powerful than fighting-types.

Frustration bubbled up into a loud roar as the pokemon’s ROUND pushed not only her fists, but her mass back. She dug her feet hard into the floor, resisting it as best as she could. It couldn’t end so quickly!

One powerful step at a time she closed the distance, lashing out with an angry DRAGON HAMMER.

cPgHUhr9 +20

1/3 HP

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 14:38:13 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
His Beheeyem's attack actually managed to repel the MegaChamp's attack, even scoring a solid hit in the process. Elga was never that strong of a fighter, so pulling off such a feat was impressive.

But soon came the warning from his Beheeyem: it'd put a lot of power into that attack. So much so that it didn't have much of an answer to the incoming Dragon Hammer.

"Ah crap. Brace yourself, Elga!" Hideo ordered. The Beheeyem put up a hasty Reflect around its body, but it probably wasn't going to help much against the incoming strike.

It just had to hope it was still standing afterwards.

0E_TXDBJ+10

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 16:44:00 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Syah’s second wind kept her up and eligible in the match. She finally found an opening to strike with DRAGON HAMMER. The REFLECT cushioned the blow, but she would take, honestly.

“Nice work, Syah! Keep pressing!”

The MegaChamp built on her momentum and continued to assault the Beheeyem with another DRAGON HAMMER. Why fix what ‘aint broken?

H13YSRWJ

1/3 HP

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 18:35:35 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Good news was that Elga managed to get past the MegaChamp's attack standing, but bad news was it was still a solid hit. Not enough to take it out of the fight, but it was still a threat.

"Go back on the offensive, Elga!" Hideo ordered.

His Beheeyem had enough time to recoup some of its energy, enough so that it was able to prepare another Psychic blast, aiming straight for its opponent.

Hopefully it went through before that Dragon Hammer hit.

HP: 2/3

wFBbSBhx+10

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 1:59:24 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Unfortunately, Syah’s DRAGON HAMMER was not enough to break through Elga’s PSYCHIC. The amethyst coated fist slammed against the pulsing magenta energy. For a breath, there was stand off, the Machamp pressing as hard as she could to get past the attack. Her strength wasn’t enough.

In a burst of energy, the PSYCHIC exploded from the pressure, slamming Syah back and onto the ground where she lost consciousness.

“Aw, man! What a great fight! Nice work, Hideo!” a beam of light swallowed up the Machamp and returned her to her pokeball, “I’ll be rooting for you two!”

0/3 HP
SYAH FAINTS

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 16:31:32 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Elga's resilience paid off, though for a moment, it seemed like their foe could match them in endurance.

Fortunately, the MegaChamp went down, spelling victory for Hideo and his Beheeyem. "Definitely one of the scarier matches we've had," Hideo noted - battling a Mega without one of his own (or a z-move to compensate) was always a risky venture. Type advantage might have been on his side, but it easily could have been a loss if he wasn't careful.

Hideo offered a thumbs-up to Eva's words. "You did really well too! Hope your future matches go well!"

He'd suppose this victory would make up for his loss against .

HP: 2/3

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 6:39:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: