Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
VCT: BARNABY V. NOEL
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 6:16:57 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstempbarnaby"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Hey there!" Barnaby flashed a bright smile 's way in a bid to disarm and engage the trainer.[break][break]

"Care for a match?"[break][break]

As if that was even a question. The VITAL GEAR they both had on them denoted them as tournament participants — there was no backing down from a challenge.[break][break]

"I'm Barnaby, by the way. Good luck!"[break][break]

His felicitation was followed by the reveal of his partner Pokémon: a large MELMETAL.

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby"]--accent:#796477;font:13px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby i"]color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .notes"] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 25px 15px 25px 15px; margin: 5px 7px 10px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .credit1"]font-size:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
706 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 16:58:45 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango leaguechar"]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Noel returned the warm greeting back with a smile of his own. With a brief wave of his hand, he would then send out his Shaymin, the small hedgehog towered over by the hulking man of steel. [break][break]

"Nice to meet you Barnaby, I'm Noel. Let's have a good match here, battles are a good way to get to learn more about someone, you know."[break][break]

After his introduction, he would tap the Tera orb on his hip, quickly changing his Shaymin into its Grass Tera, awaiting their opponent to make the first move.

[attr="class","notes"]HP: 3/3

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".leaguechar"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; margin-right:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 23:14:41 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Agreed! Love the Shaymin, by the way. They're quite adorable, aren't they?"[break][break]

The little hedgehog reminded Barnaby of Puck, his own SHAYMIN. Though the Mythical Pokémon was definitely powerful in certain situations, he felt MELMETAL was a more all-around choice for the tournament.[break][break]

"So Noel, are you from Hoenn or did you travel out-of-region to get here?" [break][break]

Seeing SHAYMIN's transformation, Barnaby figured it might be fun to have his own Pokémon TERASTALLIZE — to an Electric-type, of all things. Even so, he'd begin the battle with a hefty ICE PUNCH.[break][break]

F21GKu1r

[break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
ELECTRIC TERA TYPE[break][break]
[attr="class","hpbar"]

3/3

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .hpbar"] width:200px; height:7px; border-radius:3px; background-color:#39db24; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .notes"] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 25px 15px 25px 15px; margin: 5px 7px 10px 8px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
706 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 17:44:56 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

To try and have a normal conversation in the midst of battle was something Noel wasn't used to. Usually such talk was saved for either before or after a fight. Was this this person's attempt to lower his guard? He decided to amuse the motion, something about it put his mind more at ease, as if the battle was secondary to what was actually going on.[break][break]

"I'm from Dewford. Grew up there my whole life and only recently have I started to venture out and learn what it means to be a trainer. There's been good times and there's been bad times. But everything's been a crucial learning experience for me. How about yourself Barnaby? I don't think I've ever seen you around before."[break][break]

The two Pokemon raged on in their war to see who would come out on top. The frosted punch lands squarely against the Shaymin's side, causing it to skid across the arena a few feet while still standing, leftover ice being marked on its body. It would return the favor with an Earth Power being sent through the ground, a tear in the floor coming from the small hedgehog that would travel across underneath the large steel-type. The flooring beneath it began to crumble away as spiked edges jet out from below, all hoping to land against the Shaymin's opponent.

[attr="class","notes"]HP: 3/3[break][break]
Tera Gimmick: Not Activated[break][break]

8DHo0L8G

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; margin-right:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 22:03:23 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

MELMETAL was fairly self-sufficient when it came to combat, almost as if the creature itself had been made for purely this sort of pursuit. And that suited Barnaby just fine, as he was a bit of a chatterbox in his HNN journalist persona.[break][break]

And yes, it was also a good way to distract opponents gullible enough to give in to conversation.[break][break]

"Dewford! There's been quite a lot going on over there as of late," Barnaby replied in a somewhat concerned tone, obviously referencing the battle at the rift and KYOGRE rampaging around Hoenn's seas. "I hope your family hasn't been too disrupted."[break][break]

And then he asked about Barnaby himself.[break][break]

"Oh, can't you tell?" Spoken with a light hint of a Kalosian accent, more enunciated here for Noel's benefit. "I'm from Kalos. I moved here a few years ago for work, actually."[break][break]

While the two trainers chatted, the ground erupted all around the field, unsteadying MELMETAL and sending it to one knee. It used this position to its advantage, however, and slammed its fist down to cause an EARTHQUAKE.[break][break]

mVzsQSFD

[break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
[attr="class","hpbar"]

2/3

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .hpbar"] width:200px; height:7px; border-radius:3px; background-color:#39db24; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
706 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 7:28:03 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Even though this was one of its first battles with its trainer, the Shaymin had seen its fair share of fights before they had met. It knew all too well just how life-threatening such ordeals could be, and the steel titan seemed as though it wouldn't stop until either one was beaten to a pulp. If the rules had been any lighter, who knows if the little hedgehog would escape with just some bruises.[break][break]

Disregarding the topic of his family, the blue-haired boy smiled at the wandering warrior.[break][break]

"Thank you for your concern, that place for sure has seen its fair share of trouble. But that's why I won't stop at nothing until I make sure it becomes a safe haven for any and all," Noel completely believed in this stranger's genuine worry about his hometown. He had no reason to doubt the man at all just yet.[break][break]

"Oh really? I've never met anyone from Kalos before. I don't know too much about the place itself. You'll have to teach me about it once I win."[break][break]

Due to its stubby legs, the Shaymin had no choice but to accept the oncoming demise from its opponent's move. Tumbling all across the ground, it would be smacked back and forth between raised earth that acted like roadblocks. Infuriated at being tossed around like a ball, it would fire off some Energy Balls to try and stop the Melmetal's plan of attack.

[attr="class","notes"]HP: 3/3[break][break]
Tera Gimmick: Activated[break][break]

NCcxmzJ9+15

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 20:40:06 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The boy was endearing, that much was obvious to Barnaby. And naive, perhaps, but Hoenn would surely beat that out of him in time. For now, he'd settle for simply putting Noel in his place.[break][break]

Especially after the little line about him winning.[break][break]

"Cocky, aren't you?" The journalist replied with a laugh, obviously finding the other's confidence amusing.[break][break]

But perhaps he had reason to be? MELMETAL wasn't exactly looking like the picture of health at the moment. ENERGY BALLS whizzed across the field, striking the iron giant square in the chest and sending it back a few paces.[break][break]

"Hm. Maybe I should buckle down a bit." [break][break]

Hearing that, MELMETAL righted itself and began to rush forward, though it was still slow due to its size.[break][break]

"Melmetal, Dragon Hammer!"[break][break]

DZONWuDO +15

[break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
[attr="class","hpbar"]

1/3

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
706 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 0:41:01 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

As the Shaymin advanced forward as well, it would meet the giant piece of metal in its duel. However, what it didn't account for was a lone rock that would trip up the little hedgehog on its way, causing it to trip and be subjected to the Melmetal's attack. With a swing of its arm, it clotheslines the flying grass-type and knockes it down onto the ground.[break][break]

"Hmph, I'll give you that one. But don't think you'll be so lucky next time."[break][break]

The attack was enough to knock the lights out of Noel's Pokemon. If this was based on any other sport, it would be down for the count. Yet, slowly but surely, it rises back to the occasion, now determined to fell the beast that had caused its injury.[break][break]

"Go on Shaymin. Use your biggest attack!"[break][break]

Shaking its body like a wet dog, it would return to its senses and look towards its foes with a fierce gaze. Letting out a battle shout, a swirl of energy begins to form around its mouth before firing off into a Solar Beam headed straight for the metal giant.

[attr="class","notes"]HP: 2/3[break][break]

Y3stXcOX

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 23:44:51 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Oh? You're sure about that?" [break][break]

was notoriously competitive, even toward frivolous battles like this one. Though he doubted he'd win the tournament as a whole, he still wanted to outdo his competitors as much as possible.[break][break]

So when he noticed SHAYMIN gathering energy in preparation for a devastating SOLAR BEAM, the journalist was quick to act.[break][break]

"Protect yourself!"[break][break]

And MELMETAL did just that. Brining its colossal arms together, the steel Pokémon erected its SPIKY SHIELD, nullifying the brunt of the damage inflicted by SHAYMIN's attack. [break][break]

as4rsnVd

[break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
[attr="class","hpbar"]

1/3

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
706 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 16:26:16 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

The beam was a direct hit, although much of the damage was negated due to Barnaby's Pokemon's protection. Still, the Melmetal is left singed with steam sizzling off its body from the intense heat. If they wanted to play defensively, then Noel and his Shaymin would just have to break through those defenses. [break][break]

"You can't shield yourself forever. Sooner or later you're going to have to attack!"[break][break]

Noel loved to egg his opponents on. Riling them up so that they would make mistakes or get even more heated in the fight, making it more enjoyable. He was a battle-crazy lunatic and loved every second of it.[break][break]

The grass-type decides to close the distance and keep up its assault. Rushing forward, it takes a mighty leap forward and uses Zen Headbutt against the shield the colossus had set up. Repeating the same motion over and over again in an attempt to crack its guard.

[attr="class","notes"]HP: 2/3[break][break]

6XN9TIlP

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 17:51:56 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Noel's incessant spamming of ZEN HEADBUTT had the desired effect, though it seemed a crude strategy to Barnaby.[break][break]

Citrine crystals eventually shattered upon one decisive impact, zapping MELMETAL of the Electric-type TERASTAL ENERGY it'd been using for the duration of the battle. It spelled the beginning of the end for the steel giant. [break][break]

With a mighty groan the MELMETAL toppled over, defeated... somehow... by a rodent ten times smaller than it. It was like 's battle all over again.[break][break]

"Ça alors!" Barnaby exclaimed, appearing surprised by this turn of events. "It seems you had a reason to be cocky, hm?"[break][break]

MELMETAL was returned to its Luxury Ball as strode across the field toward his opponent.[break][break]

"Great match, Noel." The journalist extended a hand in a show of good sportsmanship. "Quite impressive for someone so new to being a trainer."

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
LOSE[break][break]
[attr="class","hpbar"]

0/3

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .hpbar"] width:200px; height:7px; border-radius:3px; background-color:#d80000; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
706 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 16:30:10 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

The match had finally concluded. The battle was a long, tough but well-fought fight on both sides. Constantly put on the edge of his seat, Noel felt joy in knowing that they were able to achieve victory today. While Barnaby was a stranger to him, he felt as though he had learned quite a bit about him through this experience. [break][break]

Tired and exhausted, the Shaymin lays flat on the ground, its legs splatted across the floor as it takes a rest. This was one of the more difficult battles it had gone through, usually it isn't up against hulking metal giants that don't go down so easily. Seeing that his Shaymin was down for the count, he returns it to its Pokeball and pockets it, smiling at a job well done.[break][break]

Seeing the blonde man come up to him, he exchanges that smile towards him. And when he sends out the handshaking gesture, he returns it happily.[break][break]

"Thank you Barnaby. I appreciate it. You were impressive as well, didn't think I'd be able to pull through sometimes during the middle of that match. Your Pokemon was a powerhouse and I bet you'll win most of your matches just due to its strength. I wish you luck and I hope we'll meet again someday."[break][break]

He secretly hoped that day would come sooner or later, he grew fond of him and would love to battle once more, in an all out fight next time. However, whether they would be friend or foe, that was for forces unseen to decide.

[attr="class","notes"]Victory!

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 1:07:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: