Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
VCT: BARNABY V. KYLE
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 6:31:41 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstempbarnaby"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Is it too much to ask for you to go easy on me?" Barnaby questioned gingerly through a lighthearted chuckle.[break][break]

It was a joke... mostly. Uttered as an easy introduction to temper the tension of battle that had pervaded all of Lilycove.[break][break]

"I'm Barnaby, by the way. I don't normally battle very much, but I figured I could give the tournament a try. Seemed like fun."[break][break]

The journalist then released his MELMETAL onto the field.

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby"]--accent:#796477;font:13px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby i"]color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .notes"] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 25px 15px 25px 15px; margin: 5px 7px 10px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .credit1"]font-size:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,457 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 10:30:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"go easy?" he repeats with a chuckle. "are you sure you're the one who should be asking for that?"

it is his poochyena that matches against the melmetal. a classic story paints itself at first glance, but kyle isn't in the tournament to hand out freebies.

"hope you have fun then, barnaby. you can call me kyle."

his poochyena barks, indicating his readiness for action. there has been non-stop battling in the tournament, not unlike a festival, and the canine isn't stopping anytime soon.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 21:57:14 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Kyle wasn't wrong. There was certainly a size difference between MELMETAL and his POOCHYENA. But if Barnaby's match with proved anything, it was that size didn't really matter that much.[break][break]

"Ha, well... the idea was that using a Pokémon like this," The journalist hitched a thumb toward MELMETAL. [break][break]

"Might make up for my poor battling skills." Barnaby gingerly rubbed the back of his head, appearing endearingly embarrassed. "But I guess we'll see! Best of luck, Kyle."[break][break]

With that he strode to the other side of the field and issued his first order: EARTHQUAKE.[break][break]

hB1NxoRY

[break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
GIGANTAMAX MELMETAL[break]
(INACTIVE)
[break][break]
[attr="class","hpbar"]

4/4

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .hpbar"] width:200px; height:7px; border-radius:3px; background-color:#39db24; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .notes"] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 25px 15px 25px 15px; margin: 5px 7px 10px 8px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,457 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 2:39:00 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he activates his sygna suit with a flick of his wrist as soon as the introductions are out of the way.

"come on, don't sell yourself short." that was kyle's gimmick. "it's going to make it embarrassing for me if i lose."

in a way, kyle was it the other way around that has to abuse gimmicks and experience just for him to make an excuse for his favorite pokemon to be used.

the earthquake shakes the ground to the core, making it difficult for the poochyena to make his way to the melmetal. instead, he melts into the ground and shadow sneaks towards the pokemon to make the travel fluid, popping out to hit the hunk of metal.

nd0zlJ5D (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 0:19:24 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Don't sell yourself short.[break][break]

But that was the point, which seemed to be coming across just fine. [break][break]

"Haha, I'll try my best then." [break][break]

Barnaby watched as the first round of attacks unfolded. He figured the shuddering earth would knock POOCHYENA off its feet, giving time for the sluggish MELMETAL to span the distance between them. But, uh, that didn't happen. [break][break]

Instead, the little pup melded into the shadows and popped up behind MELMETAL, slamming into it with enough force to leave a little dent in its steel carapace.[break][break]

"Swing around and give it a good punch!"[break][break]

A THUNDER PUNCH, specifically.[break][break]

AOLBP2Xv

[break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
(INACTIVE)
[break][break]
[attr="class","hpbar"]

3/4

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .hpbar"] width:200px; height:7px; border-radius:3px; background-color:#39db24; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,457 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 4:46:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
going against larger opponents with smaller pokemon was what kyle was always used to. he's in his element, but there were always risks in the match that he will usually force his win condition to be more difficult to attain.

his poochyena was ready to give a follow up blow from his position, but the melmetal's move forces it to let go and keep distance. static threatens its fur to stand up to its end, and if the objective was to stop the pokemon from wailing on it, then it was successful in that term.

despite having been made clear that the opposing pokemon has a ranged move as well, kyle wasn't too nervous about his position. the poochyena brings its secret move out, which doesn't really have any visual indicator.

it stares at the melmetal with a glint in its eye, prepping a delayed attack with future sight.

O21h0UVf (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 21:05:40 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

MELMETAL was none the wiser to the future attack it would inevitably have to endure; instead, it used the opening provided to knock off another close-quarters strike.[break][break]

This time, tell-tale layers of frost began to rapidly accumulate on one of the giant's metal fists. MELMETAL swung wide this time instead of head-on, attempting to hit POOCHYENA on its side and send it barreling to the opposite end of the field.[break][break]

Meanwhile, Barnaby was checking out in his SYGNA SUIT. The contraptions were popping up more and more lately, especially at the tournament.[break][break]

Hmm... I wonder if I should get one? Barnaby mused, unaware that he'd spent so much PD on the DYNAMAX BAND that he'd have to save for quite awhile to afford it. RIP.[break][break]

jpDNabAW

[break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
(INACTIVE)
[break][break]
[attr="class","hpbar"]

2/4

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,457 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 4:04:07 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the melmetal starts going back for another strike with its fists. the poochyena stands its ground, preparing for the attack to go closer before matching it.

resilience from the sygna suit is given to the poochyena as the attack closes in. it lowers its head as it prepares to meet the attack head on, and once the right moment comes, it leaps on the attack.

dragon hammer meets the swing to deflect the attack, with the delayed attack from future sight exploding on its face to shift its attention from one source of damage to another.

8NQosv1m (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 0:57:51 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

As much as liked to deflect from his celebrity and prestige, there was no denying his and his Pokémon's prowess in battle. POOCHYENA barely looked fatigued, let alone injured; meanwhile, MELMETAL was having a difficult time keeping up.[break][break]

The FUTURE SIGHT prevented it from defending against the oncoming DRAGON HAMMER, resulting in a double whammy of an attack. A hollow, metallic groan echoed out across the field, signaling a possible turning point for the worst. The writing was on the wall.[break][break]

"Keep going! You can do it!" cheered, though his words were devoid of instructions on how MELMETAL would succeed here. [break][break]

So, the steel titan fell back on its signature move: DOUBLE IRON BASH. Its giant fists began to lash around wildly with little precise coordination.[break][break]

mOK3hLPa

[break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
(INACTIVE)
[break][break]
[attr="class","hpbar"]

1/4

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,457 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 18:21:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he's not sure what to call it, but there's something about overcoming difficult adversaries that gets him hyped. perhaps it's the idea that his sygna suit synced with his poochyena, coupled with the fact that the pokemon considered itself the underdog.

kyle doesn't.

the pokemon rushes in, though its recklessness wasn't without direction. it dives into the shadows as it sneaks through before popping from below, using the momentum to push itself through against the melmetal's legs.

with the melmetal's wild attacks and its weight, the dark-type aims to tip the pokemon off. if it fails, the poochyena gets thrown off, but the gambit's reward pays dividends if it was to succeed.

pzamgpdq (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 18:27:47 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

What a spectacular failure.[break][break]

POOCHYENA slammed into MELMETAL, causing the Pokémon to tumble — hard — onto the ground below. It was the felling blow. The hulking giant attempted to right itself, but ultimately slumped over after fainting.[break][break]

A brief moment of silence followed the end of the match.[break][break]

"Wow, I didn't think I'd do that poorly." Barnaby eventually spoke through a sheepish grin, his words sounding somewhat embarrassed.[break][break]

"Your Poochyena was amazing, Kyle." Returning his MELMETAL to its Luxury Ball, the journalist spanned the distance between him and .[break][break]

"Thanks for the match." As was customary, he extended a hand in a show of good sportsmanship.

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
LOSE[break][break]
[attr="class","hpbar"]

0/4

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .hpbar"] width:200px; height:7px; border-radius:3px; background-color:#d80000; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,457 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 6:10:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i really can't discount the sygna suit for the victory, though." with a finger, he pulls the collar of the suit before releasing it back. "and it's easy to fire this poochy up with a a strong-looking opponent."

he felt it with the sync they had with the suit.

for it to take effect, the condition was to have a bond with the pokemon. kyle has cheated the system with how easy it was to connect with the species he had chosen, especially with their strong pack mentality.

kyle picks up his poochyena, thankful that it only has to listen to the leaders of kyle's collection of dog pokemon to put its entire trust on their trainer for the suit to work.

"thanks as well. you two have fun with the rest of your matches!" he says on their farewell.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 6:59:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: