TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
MARIANNE VS JOSH (VCT)
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 1:37:07 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritest"]
[attr="class","body"]

Marianne was beginning to feel a bit more confident about this whole battling thing. She took slightly more purposeful strides as she looked about herself, her Klefki chiming at her side as they searched for an opponent who wasn't super duper terrifying and scary.[break][break]

She wanted to fight nice, normal people. People who didn't have giant terrifying metal machines of death (like , who also had the audacity to bring cameras. CAMERAS!).[break][break]

"H-hey!" Marianne said, waving at a dark-haired stranger that looked like he probably wasn't a secret terrorist in disguise, and who also didn't seem to be a smarmy camera hog. "I'm Marianne. I see you have a Vital Pass! Do you, maybe, want to battle? I'm new to all this."[break][break]

The bespectacled woman fidgeted uncertainly, while her Klefi was meanwhile the very picture of unbothered grace.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – Vital City Tournament: Josh vs Marianne!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".maritest"]--accent:#ffb69e;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
MARIANNE VS JOSH (VCT)
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 6:05:27 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Attention all Vital City Tournament participants. Pairings are up for round sixteen. Pairings are up for round sixteen."

As Josh checked the pairings online, he breathed a sigh of relief: his opponent was , who had apparently bubbled into Day Two. This was the closest he had to an "easy" opponent all day. He couldn't let his guard down, though! Anyone who made Day Two was a strong combatant in their own right.

Josh and his Zeraora walked to their assigned arena, where he waved to his opponent. "Hi there! Mauville Gym Leader Josh Devlin. Great to meet you, Marianne!" He squinted when Marianne mentioned she was new. To get this far in the tournament, she had to have some kind of battle prowess. "Best of luck! You'll need it to keep up with the Master of Faster!"

Planning to use a Z-Move!

{WC: 138}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikiri       Zeraora        ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
couldn't possibly tell you how i feel, cuz i'm shy shy shy
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
MARIANNE VS JOSH (VCT)
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 23:41:29 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Competitive spirit was pretty common out here in the Vital City Tournament, and she tried at least to match it with a smile of her own, though it was far from a confidence that she felt.[break][break]

"Oh, gosh," she breathed out softly at the sight of the Zeraora, eyes opened wide. "Aren't those, um, a bit rare?"[break][break]

Don't overthink it, Marianne. It's a Pokemon. Just a Pokemon. Like any other Pokemon![break][break]

Her Klefki kicked things off with PLAY ROUGH, hoping to rattle her opponent![break][break]

ZhkowS6i

Klefki HP: 3/3

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".maritest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
MARIANNE VS JOSH (VCT)
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 5:04:25 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"And fast," Josh bragged. "I've got a very dear friend to thank for Raikiri."

Rare on their own. It was particularly rare to see one fight on four paws rather than two. In a way, Raikiri looked more like a Luxray or Raikou than the way the species was normally depicted. Those familiar with Mauville Gym were likely familiar with the anomalous Zeraora. While Josh rarely used the mythical thundercat at his Gym, the species was associated with him due to his popularity. Being able to withstand the electric-type's blistering speed was something very few people could do, the Pokémon capable of outrunning a race car.

Raikiri circled the small fairy-type with great AGILITY before about-facing, the friction burn causing all four of his paws to ignite in a similar fashion to how a bipedal Zeraora would throw a FIRE PUNCH. Josh's prized partner made no effort to dodge, instead trading blows to have a better shot at overheating the Pokémon so small that hitting it would be a challenge even for him!

mDSEuM2G

{WC: 175}
{PC: 2}

Raikiri       Zeraora        ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
MARIANNE VS JOSH (VCT)
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 18:07:23 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"They must be very generous, to give you such a special Pokemon."[break][break]

Marianne winced despite herself as the two Pokemon collided, peeking an eye open to notice with some surprise that her Klefki had scored a clean hit on the larger, feline Pokemon.[break][break]

"Great job, Angel!" she cheered towards her Klefki, visibly surprised and delighted by the early lead despite the disadvantage of the FIRE PUNCH against its Steel-typing. "Let's keep going!"[break][break]

They wouldn't win any contests of speed, but that was okay! A shift in tactics led from ROUGH PLAY to FOUL PLAY, an impish Dark-type energy infusing the Klefki's movements as she spun about wildly.[break][break]

GjeIYc6r

Klefki HP: 3/3

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
MARIANNE VS JOSH (VCT)
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 19:06:43 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
That very dear person was Top Champion . He owned three, but none of them saw very much action. Raikiri saw more action with Josh than all three of the Champion's Zeraora put together. It was clear that the hyperactive was much happier being with the Mauville Leader.

FOUL PLAY was a great tactic to use Josh's speed against him. It was common among challengers to his Gym, and it was a tactic Josh was used to turning against those who employed it. His paws still burning, the electric-type left a burning trail behind himself before about-facing again, this time launching a trio of ELECTRO BALLS toward the Klefki. They wouldn't hit as hard as the flames did, but they moved with incredible speed that would make them difficult to evade, even at range.

imfT4q_X

{PC: 3}

Raikiri       Zeraora        ♥♥

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
MARIANNE VS JOSH (VCT)
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 23:28:04 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Marianne bit her lip, rocking back and forth on her heels as she watched her early advantage level out. They were neck and neck! A tiny bit of the excitement of the events had caught up to her, and she realized she wanted to win, suddenly.[break][break]

This was new. Had she ever felt that eager before? Maybe the advice from and was beginning to rub off on her.[break][break]

Pew pew pew! The ELECTRO BALLS zoomed in and around the Klefki at dizzying speeds, firing one after the other. The Steel-type bristled indignantly, seeming to absorb the staticky energy only to push it back in a FLASH CANNON that blasted towards the Zeraora with full force![break][break]

CyuSb9Js

Klefki HP: 2/3

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
MARIANNE VS JOSH (VCT)
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 20:30:31 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Klefki absorbed Raikiri's electric projectiles into its FLASH CANNON and sent the energy flying back at him with multiplied speed. Were it not for his ability to drain electricity and convert it into energy, the steel-type attack would have outright downed the mythical thundercat. This Marianne Josh had never heard of before was good. She had to be, if she made the second day of the tournament.

Raikiri had to bite and claw his way to a win if his Fairy-type foe could simply use his own attacks against him. Diving toward the Klefki's ring with white arcs surrounding his PLASMA PAWS, the cool cat sought to overload the steel-type and leave it dazed. Badly dazed.

El0dZ4ms

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
MARIANNE VS JOSH (VCT)
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 2:45:40 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Marianne had learned a decent bit from watching her previous opponents, like and . She liked to think she was getting more confident on the field as things progressed.[break][break]

It probably helped that it hadn't fully registered yet that she was battling a Gym Leader, too.[break][break]

The PLASMA PAWS reached for her Klefki, but Angel did her best to prepare for the incoming dazing attack. The keys glimmered with a METAL SOUND that sought to disorient the Zeraora into missing its aim, ringing at a loud, shrieking decibel.[break][break]

i9u9nHWA

Klefki HP: 1/3

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
MARIANNE VS JOSH (VCT)
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 2:54:41 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The METAL SOUND was agonizing for Raikiri, forced to back away from the Klefki as only one paw smacked the fairy-type around. Even Josh had to cover his ears, the brief exposure to the noise leaving him temporarily deafened. If Marianne's Pokémon was that desperate, Josh was more than willing to put it out of its misery for the round.

Lining up his Z-GLOVE at his partner's shoulder level, the Z-CRYSTAL within and the QUICKINIUM-Z hidden beneath the Zeraora's fur gleamed luminous yellows and whites. Empowered with Z-Energy, the electric cat backed up to a corner of the arena before seemingly disappearing. Slicing toward the Klefki in a HYPERSONIC PLASMA CHARGE that lasted a split second, the pressure such a paw swipe had to put on the small foe was immense. Even if they could somehow evade the ultrafast, physical aspects of the charge, they would also need to dodge the line of lightning bolts left in the Zeraora's wake and withstand the aural blast that came with Josh's Pokémon outrunning his own sound waves!

tmrV1vy6+50

Z-Move used this turn!

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
MARIANNE VS JOSH (VCT)
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 4:01:47 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Good match," she offered as she withdrew her fainted Klefki. She'd begun to get a little more used to the sight, little by little, as the battles continued.[break][break]

Hoenn had inspired even the most seemingly casual of its civilians to learn the basics of battle. All that calamity had paid off in that way.[break][break]

"I hope your next one goes just as well. Your Pokemon is quite fast!"[break][break]

LOSS

Klefki HP: 0/3

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
MARIANNE VS JOSH (VCT)
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 17:45:01 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Thanks, Marianne," Josh replied. "There aren't too many Pokémon that can withstand that. That you made it so far against me says something about your own battle prowess." It wasn't just Raikiri's strongest attack; the Z-Move was shared by many of Josh's electric Pokémon. "You should see what it's like riding on him! It's so fun taking to, say, Route 110 or 117 and just racing across Hoenn."

Another win put Josh closer to solidifying his position near the top of the leaderboards. If he were to secure a large prize, that would help him refill his cash reserves after being without his primary source of income for a while drained it to close to nothing. "We should meet up some time. I can give you some pointers to be better at battle!"

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
MARIANNE VS JOSH (VCT)
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 19:11:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: