Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
jack vs elise [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 6:23:57 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
Today, hopefully, was not going to be as disastrous as it had been the previous.

Yesterday had boiled down to sheer dumb luck; whereas today—hopefully, some of that ‘beginner’s luck’ edge wasn’t going to leave his side.

(Honestly, he could not understand why some people loved doing this kind of thing! Was it because he preferred to live a simple life instead?)

Either way, his Absol stretched on his side of the field while he waited for his next opponent to show up.

+
+ gimmick for this thread: terastalization

[newclass=".iggy b"] color:#e6194e;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".iggy i"] color:#e6194e;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".iggy a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
jack vs elise [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 15:22:29 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Though she had refused to get a badge from here since she wanted to earn it in a future gym challenge with the guy, the ambassador had ate her fill of lunch at a Paldean sandwich place before she heads over to where her match with her challenger would be. Stepping into her place at the arena, Elise sees the familiar face of who she met last December to cull the amount of those damnable Iron Bundles and save Christmas. [break][break]

By her side, the floating female Mismagius yawns a little and looks over to the Absol beside the white-haired young man. “Good day, Jack. I think you are my opponent for this match.” The dark magenta haired woman bowed her head in greeting to Jack. “I would hope our match will be fun for both of our Pokemon to partake in.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- Using Terastalization - Gimmick (+15 to rolls that are an even number)[break]
- Health: 3/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#D0BDF0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
jack vs elise [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 15:40:29 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
Today’s challenger was—oh, hello there.

“We meet again,” he continued with a grin as his Absol stood up and stretched out very much like a cat.

“I trust no more electronic-looking Delibird-like… things have been harassing you lately?” he added with a knowing little smirk.

All too soon the bell sounded, and it was go time!

Slow and steady wins the race, at least for the Absol as she’d gone and used Swords Dance again; the better to gauge her opponent’s reaction.

aOZ8nTI5

+

[newclass=".iggy a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
jack vs elise [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 16:04:53 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

“I did not see any more of those Iron Bundles coming after me, no. If they did harass me, Mana would have taken care of them herself.” A little laugh came from the ambassador since she knows they won’t be attacking her as long as her Mismagius had anything to say about it. The bell rang to let her know that it was the start of their battle as Jack’s Absol began with Swords Dance. It was a move that increased the attack of one Pokemon though since the Pokemon Jack used was a dark type that Elise owned herself, she had to be careful.[break][break]

“We should start too.” The Galarian royal spoke over to her ghost type and called out the first attack. “Thunderbolt now!” As soon as the command was given, the floating ghostly witch cackles and her red chest jewels glow bright yellow as Mana sends a Thunderbolt to rain down onto the Absol. [break][break]

ljp9iB9w

[break][break]

NOTES

- Health: 3/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
jack vs elise [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 16:44:20 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
And then just like that, another Electric-type attack came screaming out of nowhere. Holy hellballs on a stick what was up with him seemingly attracting…

What was that place again, the Thunder Plains? Yikes.

(Did he have to dodge 200 times to prove himself?! Hopefully not!)

He noticed how calculated her moves had become; it was possible that she owned an Absol as well. Hm. Alright, then.

“Let’s go, Cordy!” he cheered from his side of the field as she dashed forward before making her starting move out; a surprise Night Slash attack!

BavHWulE

+

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
jack vs elise [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 19:04:03 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

For an explained reason, his Absol had anticipated the Thunderbolt and dodged out of the bolt’s way. The Mismagius’ mouth gives a frown since she had hoped her electric type attack would hit the dark type, but the incoming attack from the female Absol makes a surprise from the ghost. Cordy’s Night Slash hits the Mismagius for super effective damage and Mana screeches from the pain. Moving a bit back from the Absol, Mana’s red eyes watch for another move on the Absol.[break][break]

“Hit back with Power Gem!” Elise orders her ghost type Pokemon and her Mismagius cackles with the female ghost’s chest jewels glowing white. In seconds, the Power Gem’s move tries to strike at the female Absol with an array of sharp magic rocks from the Mismagius casting her spell! [break][break]

G6watj|F

[break][break]

NOTES

- Health: 2/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
jack vs elise [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 19:18:29 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
Who was that person he’d met that had told him to let his Pokémon do their own thing while they were in battle—

Oh, that’s right, it was someone from back in Alola! It was… well, it was working surprisingly well for Cordy so far—if he’d entered this competition with his lunkhead of an Incineroar, Bas, who knew how bad his win streak would be.

(For he knew this particular Pokémon liked to over-exaggerate shit… yeah…)

Seeing the incoming Rock-type attack, the Dark-type got an idea; before switching tactics and going for the surprise Psycho Cut swipe!

“Let’s go, let’s go! You got this, make everyone proud!” he continued to cheer his Absol on; never mind if he looked absolutely fucking cheesy in the process while it went down.

gE8Znt|0
+15 for even rolls!

+

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
jack vs elise [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 19:41:15 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Once again, the Power Gem failed to hit the Absol and the dark type Pokemon goes in for a surprise Psycho Cut! Since Cordy was a well-trained Absol, Elise had to be careful and watch for whichever tactic Jack’s Absol switched to. Though Elise’s own Absol was her racing mount for the Mauville gym, the female royal thought of training Sayori to be a battler too. [break][break]

Mana’s red eyes sees the movements of the Absol come toward her and the ghost floats off to the left side. In avoiding the Psycho Cut’s surprise attack, Mana’s body and the three jewels on her chest glow bright green as she casts her spell to release an Energy Ball which the sphere of green grassy energy is launched straight to the Absol![break][break]

v6lFubNN + 15

[break][break]

NOTES

- Health: 1/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
jack vs elise [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 19:47:12 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
Oof, that was going to hurt going down—

He had to bite back the cringe as the Energy Ball hit the Absol full-on in the face and disoriented her for a few moments before she shook her head.

“Are you alright?!” he called from his side of the field.

“Don’t let that attack get to you! Focus!”

Hopefully, his words didn’t fall on deaf ears as the Absol reoriented herself; before concentrating and then suddenly lashing out with a surprise Sucker Punch once more!

SnrfZocl
+15 for even rolls!

+
+ gimmick for this thread: terastalization [2 / 3]

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
jack vs elise [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 19:59:10 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The Mismagius could almost feel the comeback victory coming after her Energy Ball hits Cordy. “Good job, Mana. Keep at it!” Elise praised her Mismagius as the ghost sees the Absol recover and attempt to use Sucker Punch. Mana moves off to the right side and sees the Sucker Punch from the Absol miss her. A grin came from the ghost as she thinks up a tactic on the fly too.[break][break]

Mana’s chest jewels glow bright pink as the ghost covers the battlefield with Dazzling Gleam! Pink blasts of light would attempt to both blind the Absol and damage the dark type at the same time. Though Mana had gotten to a rocky start, she was confident that she could win even when she was feeling a little battered too.[break][break]

wFaMMsH|

[break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
jack vs elise [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 20:15:24 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
What was happening—he had things under control earlier, but now, but now—

“Cordy! Snap out of it!” he continued from his side of the arena, because holy hellballs what was wrong? Had she lost control from earlier?

Now it looked like they were on their last legs again… this could definitely be the last blow the two Pokémon opponents would trade between each other…

“Time to fly.”

After he’d thrown the strange orb (and watched the subsequent light show which resulted in the funny balloons appearing once again) he mentally crossed his fingers and hoped for the best as the Absol charged forward again; determined not to lose in front of him with a surprise Night Slash attack on the Mismagius.

Couldn’t let their opponent get ahead of themselves, right?

Right?

YGS9t|QZ
+15 for even rolls!

+
+ gimmick for this thread: terastalization [1 / 3]

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
jack vs elise [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 20:25:28 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

In the middle of the pink blinding light, the Mismagius sees the lingering Dazzling Gleam disappear and then the Absol tries to strike back with Night Slash. At that point, it was the final attack that would decide the winner. “Dodge it. Let’s keep going!” The ambassador calls for her ghost type Pokemon as the Mismagius moves out of the Night Slash’s way. Elise was having a lot of fun battling with someone that she considered a friend of hers too.[break][break]

“Okay, let’s finish it with Mystical Fire!” In tandem with her mistress’ command, Mana’s chest jewels glowed bright red as the fiery ring lets loose a stream of blue Mystical Fire which created a magical fiery blast that swathed the battlefield itself. A grin came onto the W shaped mouth of the floating ghost witch, Mana was sure that this one attack will give them the win.[break][break]

dsQfmpbY + 15 to even rolls

[break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
jack vs elise [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 21:07:58 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
They were really down to the wire now, huh?

He took a deep breath; before letting out the tiniest little sigh he could muster. This scenario looked familiar; and he then mentally crossed his fingers as he continued with the words,

“Cordy, give it your all!”

The Absol whipped her head around; before howling at the Mismagius in challenge to the Fire-type attach that was headed their way. This was definitely going to be their last attack for this match—

As the Dark-type came swinging in with a Sucker Punch attempt!

vl_afiyp
+15 for even rolls!

+
+ gimmick for this thread: terastalization [1 / 3]

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
jack vs elise [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 21:31:49 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The two Pokemon were at their last legs and his Absol was giving it her all. Her Mismagius probably had one more shot to finish this for good and leave with either a win or a loss, so the Absol’s Night Slash comes towards her. “Give it your best too! Shadow Ball!” Elise calls out to her floating witch ghost and she knew that the move was not very effective against his Absol.[break][break]

But she had to try. Their match rode on this opportunity.[break][break]

The purple glow came onto the Mismagius’ three chest jewels as Mana throws the sphere of dark energy in an attempt to create the distance between the other female dark-type Pokemon and herself. Her Shadow Ball is released forth to head straight onto the Absol raising her claws![break][break]

In a second, the Mismagius faints from the Absol's Night Slash and the winner ended up to be Jack Napier and his Absol. "You did good, Jack. We were really close there." She smiles at the white-haired man before she returns her Mismagius back to her Moon Ball. "Good luck on your matches too." The ambassador gives him a wave of good-bye and she leaves the arena.

Gv0VJpsl + 15 to even rolls

[break][break]

NOTES

- Health: 0/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
jack vs elise [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 3:20:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: