6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Side Events: Josh vs. Illeana [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 2:15:46 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Tournament officials, and even the crowd, had started to gather around the main arena. It seemed that setup for the award ceremony was nearing its completion. This left Josh with dwindling time to get another flight or two in prior to life-changing sums of money being handed out to the tournament's top performers. He mostly wanted to see how his fellow Gym Leaders, especially , did. Would he wind up winning the whole thing?

He still had time to enter a new flight, too. His first round opponent was a familiar face, too: Head Professor . "Hi there, Illeana!" Josh waved, his Zeraora on four paws letting out a loud, attention-grabbing purr. "I've got some updates on the rifts next time you're in your lab. For now, let's just have a good match!"

Planning to use a Z-Move!

{WC: 133}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikiri       Zeraora        ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 2:56:52 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she blinks, head tilting mildly in confusion.

"okay, but it might be easier on you to submit a report instead - takes less out of your schedule."

besides, she's begun the undertaking of a new project and it has blocked out large portions of her daily slots. she could do some shuffling, though, if needed.

the eevee by her side barks in greeting and takes her spot on their side of the arena as illeana gestures toward josh. the dynamax band on her wrist sparkles in the january sun.

"whenever you're ready!"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 18:12:53 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was true; Josh could simply send Illeana an email, but he had other business there, too. "I also wanted to talk about how Sygna Suits have been... changing of late. At least mine has." Previously, it was believed that they could only sync with one line of Pokémon. Josh's could now sync with two. "But not now - we've got a match to win!"

Great. Another one of those accursed bands. Josh got the feeling the researcher wouldn't be as merciful as was about respecting his feelings. He would just have to grin and bear it.

Wanting to end the match as quickly as possible, the Gym Leader ordered Raikiri to "joust" with the Eevee. The rare feline zipped back and forth across the court in a blistering fast QUICK ATTACK chain, each pass coming with a high-speed claw swipe.

ZyCuEQ6H

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 19:06:46 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"okay - just let me know, we'll figure something out then."

for now, her main focus is continuing through this tournament.

and he kicks them off with a quick attack chain, swiping at her eevee between darts of speed. the eevee manages to keep a distance for most of it, though a few swipes of claws land against its side in the process.

while her dynamax band is currently idle, eevee is still not entirely a weak opponent. the fluffy fox fires off multiple volleys of shadow balls to hopefully catch the zeraora in between gaps of quick attack.

K4SpTKur

hp: 4/4

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 23:01:07 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's and Raikiri's tactics of hitting fast seemed to work for now, keeping the electric-type from being more than grazed by the swarm of SHADOW BALLS. Once Illeana pulled the trigger on activating her Dynamax Band, victory by a thousand cuts would no longer be possible due to the substantially tougher skin the Eevee's colossal size would bestow upon it.

Aware of the rhythm of his Zeraora's attacks, Josh whistled loudly. With a squealing about-face, the thundercat's paws ignited from the friction burn, adding FIRE PUNCH-like swipes to each of his passes. If the cuts weren't enough to get the Eevee to cry uncle, then burning fur would be more of an encouragement to do so!

5v3aj4fy

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 0:46:06 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]fire punch lands a stinging blow to her eevee's side - enough to cause some fur to burn slightly at the tips.

and that's all illeana needs to move her wrist forward. the dynamax band begins to glow and with its steady red hue, her eevee begins to grow in size. any singed fur quickly dissolves as more grows with eevee's gigantamax form.

from higher ground, however, there is a disadvantage to the giant size. what eevee gains in size, she loses in speed. no matter... they don't need it. a few volleys of swift rain down upon the zeraora and the rest of the arena in a pretty display of stars.

4sY8dWux

hp: 3/4

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 18:31:19 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The glinting DYNAMAX BAND prompted Josh to brace himself for impact. The researcher's GIGANTAMAXING Eevee grew to such a colossal size that Raikiri had barely any room to maneuver. The field of radiating DYNERGY was intense unlike any form of Infinity Energy he had felt from his suit. The Swift attack was likewise enormous, each star rocking Raikiri like an EXPLOSION.

Was this the oppressive power of the Dynamax phenomenon? The more Josh witnessed it in action, the more he wanted nothing to do with it. Against such a huge opponent, weak but fast attacks would do little good. He needed all the power he could get. His paws still alight, Raikiri added electricity to the mix, pouncing at one of the Eevee's enormous legs with PLASMA PAWS laden with white, arcing lightning.

37VognQ4

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 20:26:32 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]each zap of electricity against the eevee's legs stung, enough for the gigantamax eevee to begin kicking her leg out from under her in an attempt to deter the zeraora... though, it doesn't do much good as the plasma paws still land each hit.

and while the scientist would like to say her eevee has a lovely temperament, this match is not proving her point.

on the contrary, the gigantamax eevee huffs in annoyance and fires a round of shadow balls down at the zeraora to knock it away from her legs.

61kx3zfJ

hp: 2/4

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 23:20:52 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
That flurry of SHADOW BALLS headed Raikiri's way at close range was so dense that there would be no dodging it when they reached his height. There was only one path to victory in this moment, and that was knocking the colossal normal-type off its legs before it could kick the feline out of the way. He had the speed to do it, too, ready to zip underneath the gigantamax Pokémon and let the ghost-type assault fall all around him.

With a flourish of Z-Energy powered by Josh's Z-GLOVE, the Zeraora circled his colossal foe in a HYPERSONIC PLASMA CHARGE that would leave the Eevee's legs itching from wide scratches, numb from paralysis thanks to lightning bolts zapping it, and its ears ringing from the sonic boom the Z-Move left in its wake. It was the Mauville Gym special that sent many a challenger home in tears.

N9C2e|RG+50

Z-Move used!

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 22:31:10 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]unfortunately, there's no way for her to overcome the z-move in the moment...

for the power of ultra space is not something even dynamax can look to fell.

and so, the eevee simply takes the z-move's hit against her legs. they begin to go numb from electricity infused scratches, nothing more than big logs beneath eevee's big body. and while the normal type would like to simply stay upright, it feels impossible in this instance. the gigantamax eevee plants her butt firmly on the ground, ignoring the way the arena shakes with the movement.

from her new sitting position, the eevee fires off another round of swift to counter. it's hard to follow up with anything after a z-move, but they must try all the same.

UneS6I7H

hp: 1/4

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 22:52:14 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Raikiri's HYPERSONIC PLASMA CHARGE was arguably the fastest any Pokémon could move. One of the fastest Pokémon species in the hands of a trainer specializing in speed, using a move that weaponized that speed. It was a deadly combination that had been used to fend off many challengers at Mauville Gym. As unerring as the SWIFT stars were, they simply did not have the power to bring Raikiri down alone. When he first started as a Gym Leader, his badge in battle was notorious for being easy to win. Now, it was punishingly challenging to acquire.

With the red flag waved in Illeana's direction, Josh had scored yet another win. Two more, and his pile of winnings would grow. He wondered what the clerk at POG Bank would think when he walked in cashing so many checks. "Great match - I'll get that email sent off in the upcoming weeks. Might DM you about it or see if I can get you on a video call or something. Good luck on your next flight if you take one." With that, he took a seat on the nearby bench as he awaited his second round opponent.

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 19:54:18 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the match concludes with her eevee in the dirt, now back to her normal size and fatigued from the loss. the scientist doesn't wait more than a minute after the flags fall before crossing into the arena to collect her eevee in her arms.

and as josh's voice filters in, she turns her head to give him a small smile.

"thanks for the match!"

a beat passes.

"yeah, we'll figure something out. i'll keep an eye out for the email!"

her smile grows a little wider before she departs to head off for her next match.

hp: 0/4

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 2:06:57 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: