Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,025 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Solace [M]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 3:59:41 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]The first thing that would probably notice after plummeting back through Father Winter's portal back into the current timeline was the little notification light flashing on his cell phone, which had fallen to the floor when he was tossed through the first portal. After waking up and noticing he was gone, Aurelie had sent him a few puzzled, concerned texts asking where he'd gone and if he was okay.

The second thing he might notice was a sudden glow of unearthly blue light from the bedroom, followed by a muffled thump and then a string of what sounded like Kalosian expletives in a low growl.

In the bedroom, Aurelie tumbled out of her own return portal back to the real world and landed on top of the piled blankets. After uttering some choice words for Father Winter, his idea of a Wintertide gift, and the whole strange, unsettling experience, the first thing she did was frantically pat her right foot, reassuring herself it was still there.

Then, more reluctantly, she touched her right eye. A grim smile curved her lips when her fingers brushed the eyepatch. Yes, of course, that too would go back to normal, she thought wryly.

Still visibly unnerved, Aurelie shakily turned on the lamp on the bedside table and stared at her familiar bedroom in wide-eyed disbelief, shocked that so little had changed, when she herself felt so different. Then she reached out a shaky hand to pet the Flareon and Jolteon watching her alertly, even worriedly, from the foot of the bed. They'd both been peacefully sleeping by her and Jack's feet, before he—and then, not long after, she—had been whisked away.

As she buried her face in the Flareon's warm, fluffy fur, the Jolteon abruptly lifted its head, as if scenting something, and bounded off the bed, darting into the living room. Startled—and worried suddenly that Father Winter was back—Aurelie cuddled her Flareon in her arms and followed the Lightning Pokemon. Relief and gladness swept through her as she saw Jack, with the Jolteon giving him a gentle, affectionate headbutt.

"Jack! It's been so long..." she breathed out. As she rushed toward him and pulled him close in a thankful embrace, the Flareon leaped out of her arms and trotted toward the Jolteon, briefly touching noses with the other Pokemon. "You would not believe the dream...or nightmare...or whatever I just went thr—"

Her voice trailed off as she noticed, even in the semi-darkness, how pale and haggard his face seemed. Tilting her head, Aurelie asked hesitantly, "Jack? Is everything all right?"

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

| Mission: Bond Bridge

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
579 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Solace [M]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 1:27:12 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jackpost"]

Jack tumbled backward into darkness, landing flat on his back on a hard surface with something angular digging into his spine. Panic gripped him from 's collapse even though he was now miles and months removed from what had happened only seconds ago for him. He focused on steadying his rapid breathing as his eyes adjusted to the darkness and found himself on the living room floor of Aurelie's apartment.[break][break]

Carefully sitting up, he reached down to find that it had been his phone that had been under him on the floor. The apartment was peaceful save for the thudding of his heart and the insistent flash of notifications on his phone's lock screen, until a muffled thud came from the bedroom. His pulse began racing as he shot to his feet, fearing another attack from Father Winter, until he discerned his girlfriend's Kalosian curses in the darkness.[break][break]

When his Jolteon appeared and nuzzled into him, closely followed up Aurelie and her Flareon, he heaved a sigh of relief. As she rushed to embrace him Jack reveled in her warmth against his bare skin, thankful for the rich feeling after the nothingness of the afterlife. He barely understood what she was saying about dreams, caught up in the moment that he was. It was her inquiry into his well-being that shocked him into realizing that he had been crying.[break][break]

"Yes, love. Everything's alright now," he said thickly as the final few tears trickled from the corners of his eyes. Taking her face in his hands and looking into her eye, he forced a smile. "Mind coming to the bathroom so I can wash the gunk out of my eyes while you tell me about your nightmare?"[break][break]

Was a nightmare all it was? he wondered as he laced his fingers through Aurelie's and headed toward the bathroom. But he knew he hadn't been dreaming.

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

– Mission: Bond Bridge

[attr="class","jackpkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".jackpost"]--accent:#52D8D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;color:var(--accent);text-decoration-color:var(--accent);text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .tag a"]font:15px Poppins;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,025 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Solace [M]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 0:02:10 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]The Flareon walked over to stand side-by-side with the Jolteon, both of them anxiously watching their trainers in the middle of the living room. Then they glanced at each other, and the Flareon cocked his head quizzically in what seemed like the Pokemon equivalent of a shrug. The Jolteon thumped her tail agitatedly against the floor, looking more troubled by Jack's clear emotional turmoil.

Meanwhile, Aurelie still automatically reached for a cane that wasn't there when Jack took her hand and pulled her to her feet. Stumbling a little as she followed him into the bathroom, she shook her head at herself. She'd even checked her foot was still there when she'd landed back in this reality—or timeline—or whatever, yet the memory of that amputation still lingered with her.

If she'd noticed, she would've chuckled to see the two Pokemon follow them toward the bathroom door and check on them as Jack turned on the faucet. Perhaps more used to outbursts and volatile behavior from his trainer, the Flareon arched his back in a stretch and fluffed the fur around its neck. The Jolteon couldn't help basking in the warmth this released, even while keeping a concerned eye on Jack.

Aurelie, though, was absorbed in thinking back on her experience inside the portal, which felt strikingly similar—and yet so different—from the lifetime she'd gone through in memory-Galar. Sitting down on the edge of the tub, she cleared her throat hesitantly over the sound of the splashing water.

"If you're sure you're okay..." she murmured, watching Jack's puffy-eyed reflection in the mirror. "I'm not sure it really was a nightmare, but I know I'm going to sound crazy for saying what I think actually did happen."

Running a hand through her hair, she burst out, "I met Father Winter! Somehow. He was here, I swear it. And...and he pushed me into a portal, and I...I swear to Arceus, Jack, I time-traveled back to Kalos. I had both my eyes, and my family was there, and...and..."

Her voice petered out for a moment, as a faint, nostalgic smile passed fleetingly across her face. "Remember when we first met and I blabbered at you about my brother's boyfriend? He wasn't the first, by a long shot. Nor the last. 'Tate had impeccable taste in art and terrible taste in partners. And his boyfriend in that timeline got me arrested, and my foot got cut off, and I went to prison for a long time and came out of it a heartless criminal." The words came out in a rush.

Aurelie let out a long, cathartic breath. It felt insane, utterly insane. Yet, the more she spoke, the more she knew it'd all been real and true.

"So, that's what got me all...unsettled," she concluded. Looking back up at Jack, she asked, "Crazy, right? But what about you? What happened? When I saw you, you looked like you'd just seen a ghost."

[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
579 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Solace [M]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 19:01:10 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

The cold water served as a jolt to his brain, clearing away the confusion and disorientation. He scanned his toned upper body in the mirror but the trauma marks from Mount Pyre were absent, leaving only the mostly faded bruises on his ribs and the scarred stab wound near his shoulder. In the reflection over his shoulder, Aurelie looked as shaken as he felt. Turning, he leaned his back against the cool surface of her sink while he searched her face.[break][break]

Prickly fur pressed against his ankle and his fingers swept down absently to stroke the head of his Jolteon. Satisfied that the situation was stable, she padded back across the chilly bathroom floor to press her face into Aurelie's Flareon. The Flareon's eyes remained on the trainers, even as he opened his mouth in a large yawn.[break][break]

"You don't sound crazy at all," Jack replied while schooling his features into something resembling understanding. Stepping into the supportive boyfriend role, he pulled Aurelie into a tight embrace and stroked her hair. When he released her, he leaned back into the sink again, using the coolness of it to ground him.[break][break]

"That sounds really hard to experience, especially given your history with your brother's boyfriend," Jack said as he reached to cup her face in one hand. "Still, Aurelie the Heartless criminal? Impossible. And it's over now." Jack's tone was reassuring as he used his thumb to stroke her cheek.[break][break]

Pulling his hand away, he took a breath as he fought the urge to hide his own experience. Looking at Aurelie's concerned face, he shoved the feeling aside. "Father Winter got me too, so there's no way we both dreamt this up," he divulged. "I ended up back in my apartment right before I left for Galar during the Meteno incident. This time, instead of leaving, I went to Mount Pyre and fought against Team Rocket and a different Father Winter. It was pretty bloody and people got hurt pretty badly. I... I think I died and went to some strange purgatory before something happened to break down the barrier between the living and the dead."[break][break]

He avoiding his futile attempt to save Gunner or the revelation that had been there fighting on Team Rocket's side. Trying to talk about it was too much for him so soon.[break][break]

"But that's over and I'm fine. We're fine," he said, hoping to reassure himself as much as Aurelie. "Was there anything happy in your timeline? Maybe focusing on the positive will help."

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;color:var(--accent);text-decoration-color:var(--accent);text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .tag a"]font:15px Poppins;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,025 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Solace [M]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 20:37:13 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]"You too?" Surprise and profound relief flooded through Aurelie. Jack's sharing his own astonishing experience with Father Winter was almost more comforting to her than his embrace. It reminded her a little of medieval memory-Galar, which she'd also thought was only a dream at first, until she'd learned how many others remembered living through it too.

She listened wide-eyed to his account, riveted by the action-packed drama of it all. Jack rarely spoke of what happened to him in Galar last year, so she'd never guessed he might regret not staying in Hoenn instead.

A chill ran down her spine as he talked about fighting against Team Rocket, though. Her body went cold again as she remembered the wild rage in his eyes during their battle on the resurfaced island in Route 105. Or the times he'd been the Ranger to find her and chase her away from wild Pokemon she'd been trying to poach on behalf of Rocket. If he knew about her, that disgust and anger would be directed at her too, she had no doubt.

There were times when she was almost able to forget that Jack was a Ranger, and one with a deep and growing hatred of Rocket. Other times, she lay beside him at night and wondered why she didn't just break up with him, for both their sakes. He deserved a relationship with no lies and unknown enemies, and she'd feel freer to flirt and sleep around if she wanted.

And yet... When he said, "I think I died," Aurelie let out a shocked gasp and hugged him even tighter. Pressing her face into his shoulder, she clutched him fiercely, as if she could somehow hold onto him and keep him away from the grasp of death.

"You what? Oh, my God! Are you okay? How did it happen?" She swallowed, gazing into those eyes that she knew so well but now had seen so much that she couldn't even imagine. "How did you come back from that?"

The shock and horror of it was so much that she barely even heard his last question. He had died! Hearing how high her voice had climbed, her Flareon stopped grooming himself to walk over and rub on her ankles. Ignace's fur was soothingly warm and plush against her skin. As he turned to do the same to Jack, his Jolteon walked over to lightly headbutt her leg too, offering her own reassurance.

Aurelie smiled briefly down at the Pokemon before looking back at Jack. "Are you fine, though? Is it really fine? Not that I mean to be interrogating you or anything, but my God, it's just... It's just so much even for me to think about."

Taking a deep breath, she touched his cheek. "I'm sorry if I'm making too big a deal out of this. I just... I do hope you're fine. I'm glad you're back. I'm glad you're safe."

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
579 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Solace [M]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 22:03:49 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

He shifted uneasily against the sink, at once both thankful for being cared about and bashful at the attention. To give himself some time to think, he bent down and scooped up Ignace while gently stroking the Flareon's warm fur.[break][break]

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you further," he said apologetically as he nuzzled the tip of his cold nose into the Flareon before setting him down again. "Father Winter attacked the primal point that the League had set up just as Rocket attacked. Father Winter had chained Palkia and was using it to tear through everyone and everything. I got hit by a spatial rend and then... I was just gone."[break][break]

Jack gave Aurelie a weak smile as he noticed his Jolteon bump noses with her Flareon before going back to slinking between her ankles. "After that I was in some other place. I don't know how to describe it, it was cloaked and shrouded but there were other spirits there or souls or ghosts, or whatever we were." Jack swallowed, having to come to terms with the existential question of the afterlife in a more real way then he ever thought he would.[break][break]

"Something happened on Mount Pyre to crack the barrier between that place and the uh... world of the living?" he struggled to put into words what he had witnessed. His voice shifted to businesslike and clinical as an upwelling of emotion threatened to take over. "I don't know if it was the primal point firing or Meteno striking the dome or what but it tore a rift open and I was able to come back to my body. After that" - he paused as the memory of a wounded collapsing sprang to his mind - "I got pulled back through the portal back to your apartment as if nothing had happened."[break][break]

"Really I'm fine," he reassured her as he fought to keep the tremor from his voice. "I'm more worried about you. The way you came out of your bedroom, I would have thought you were the one seeing ghosts. Are you sure you're okay?"

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,025 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Solace [M]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 16:08:07 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Finally seeming satisfied that his work of comforting the trainers was done, the Flareon plopped down by Jack's feet and curled up into a fluffy ball. The Jolteon looked unconvinced, judging from her skeptical sidelong glance and pointed nudges to get her fellow Eeveelution standing again. After opening a single eye, the Flareon simply yawned hugely and ignored her attempts, even when a stray spark flew from the Jolteon's fur to his during a particularly pointed poke.

Meanwhile, Aurelie managed to return Jack's weak smile with a feeble chuckle, followed by a rueful shake of her head. "No, Jack, I'm sorry. After an ordeal like that, I should be comforting you, not the other way around! Though...I do appreciate the reassurances, still."

She listened raptly to Jack's explanation of the circumstances that led to his alternate-universe death, shuddering as he described getting hit by a SPATIAL REND and wandering through a ghostly afterlife. It was heady stuff. Confronting the possibility of death was chilling enough, let alone the actual process and then somehow coming back afterward, thanks to Primal energy or whatever else.

"Arceus, this all blows my mind," the redhead admitted frankly. "You're a stronger man than I am, considering you're not running around like a Farfetch'd with its head cut off over this." She reached out and covered his hand with hers.

"I...I only wish we had a priest or a therapist or a psychoanalyst to help talk you through this," she murmured. "Instead of, well, just me. And you guys too!" she added, as the Jolteon let out an indignant-sounding yelp.

"I do want to ask one thing, before we get to your worries about me." A faint line appeared between Aurelie's brows as she frowned somberly. "After all that, do you...feel better knowing what could've happened if you stayed? Do you have any regrets left about your real choices?"

Aurelie let the question hang in the air as she dragged her mind to Jack's solicitous questions about her own experience. After what he'd gone through, things like imprisonment and even amputation paled in comparison. But she cleared her throat and tried to answer as thoughtfully as he had.

"As for me..." Now, it was Aurelie's turn to fumble for words. "I...I think I was just...stunned. Your experience sounded like it lasted, oh, a few days? Maybe less. But I was gone for years.

"I was an engineer in Kalos, a high-ranking director in a..."
She paused for a second, catching herself before mentioning the espionage, blackmail, theft, and corruption she'd complaisantly engaged in. "In a security company. It felt like a whole other life. Coming back through the portal and landing back in my bedroom was a shock."

Her voice grew small and distant. "I'd gotten used to maneuvering around with a cane. To being in prison so long that, even years later, I dreamed of my cell doors closing behind me. To not being a blacksmith living in Hoenn."

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
579 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Solace [M]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 16:57:05 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

As he thought through a response to the question, he wiggled his toes against the warmth of the Flareon. His Jolteon seemed to given up on the other pokemon at this point and sat down delicately, if not a bit huffily, next to Aurelie while continuing to survey the scene.[break][break]

Eventually Jack shrugged as he made eye contact with his girlfriend as a hint of bittnerness filled his voice. "I left and Galar still fell apartment, my parents are still gone, and I was changed by my experiences there. Had I stayed, Galar would still be in ruins, my parents would still be dead, and instead I'd be scarred by my experiences here. Maybe I would have had more time with you had I stayed, but maybe something would have happened that caused us to break up. Maybe I could have figured out what was going on with some of my other friendships before they fell apart or maybe it'd all be the same, or worse. I don't know what would have been different, but I wonder if my choices even mattered at all."[break][break]

He tried not to be too glum, hearing Aurelie's years in another timeline. One that hadn't treated her kindly either physically or emotionally by the sounds of it. "I may have died but it sounds like you were the one in purgatory. Maybe we both need a therapist."

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,025 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Solace [M]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 0:18:49 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie had to drop her gaze as she listened to Jack respond to her question, her shoulders slumping as she heard the note of bitterness in his voice. Not that he didn't have every reason to be bitter, with the amount of personal tragedy he'd suffered in both their current timeline and the alternate timeline that he'd just been dropped into. Yet, the depth of emotion it hinted at filled her with foreboding.

He's already capable of so much rage, she reflected, remembering their battle and the times he'd chased after her when she was disguised. So much fuming, so much frenzy. What is he going to be like in combat the next time, with this behind him?

She shuddered, and tried to hide it by bending down to stroke the Jolteon, which arched happily to let her scratch her back. Letting out a long breath, she tilted her head upward when Jack questioned aloud if his choices even mattered.

"Maybe you're right, and it would've ended the same either way," she replied quietly. "Death, destruction, and scars everywhere." Her eye lingered on Jack's torso, marked with the pale, healing remnants of several punches and gashes.

Straightening, Aurelie scooped up the Jolteon and cuddled her against her chest, letting her prop her paws on her shoulder, while the redhead leaned against the doorjamb. "But that's something too, isn't it? Knowing that, even if you chose to do one thing very differently than you did the first time, the outcome would still be the same?"

Petting the Jolteon absently, she winced a little when she got a shock off its stiff golden fur. A faint, fond smile crossed her lips. "I felt the same when I came back. A lot of the details were different, of course. Missing a foot instead of an eye, different profession but in the same general industry, different family turmoil but still turmoil all the same..."

Same crimes, but a different criminal organization, Aurelie added mentally. With a prettier and probably slightly saner leader too.

She shrugged as she kept stroking the Jolteon's head. "It made me wonder if that meant I would've always ended up like this, one way or another. If I already am where I should've been all along.

"Maybe chance plays a smaller role in our lives than we thought,"
Aurelie went on, though her voice was tinged with uncertainty now. "Or maybe the decisions we think matter the most aren't as important as we think. It's interesting to think about. It's knowledge—of a sort—and that's always valuable to have."

The redhead's lips twisted then in a wry, humorless smirk. "Even if Father Winter and his damned Triad learned much more about us. And even if, like you said, we're both probably going to need therapy after this. But this is Hoenn. When don't we need therapy, right?"

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
579 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Solace [M]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 18:49:06 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

The cool surface of the bathroom sink that had initially been grounding was now transitioning to cold and uncomfortable. Jack's lips turned upward as he gave Aurelie a faint smile, feeling reassured by her words.[break][break]

"Maybe this is what passes for therapy, hashing it out in the bathroom at," Jack flicked checked his wrist before remembering he had returned to the present timeline in only his underwear, "Whatever o'clock in the morning."[break][break]

"So does this mean that we didn't happen by chance? That it was, ooooooooooh, Fate?" Jack said dramatically before laughing. Leaning down he ran his fingers through Ignace's thick, warm fur.[break][break]

Thinking about the implications of fate and choice caused him to fall silent for a moment as his mind started to go down that twisting rabbit hole. Straightening back up again, he tilted his head quizzically at his girlfriend before asking, "Was it meaningful to you? That other life, that is? You said things ended up the same minus the details, but did you feel like that other life had any meaning?"

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,025 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Solace [M]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 0:10:12 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]An involuntary chuckle escaped Aurelie's lips at Jack's comparison of their impromptu bathroom chat to therapy. At the abrupt sound, the Jolteon leaped out of her arms and trotted over toward the Flareon and Jack, rubbing against the former while nudging her head under the latter's hand for some petting. Aurelie's smirk softened into a warm, genuine smile of amusement.

"Hey, it's probably healthier than suppressing it...or is it repressing it?" Her brow wrinkled briefly in mild perplexity. "Is there a difference between the two? Whatever! Keeping it all inside and never talking about it or thinking about it."

When he spoke of their meeting being fated, an even louder laugh broke out of her. Walking forward toward Jack herself, the redhead caught the hands he'd playfully waved in the air within her own and pressed them to her lips, trailing soft kisses across his fingers. Then she shook her head at him.

"Ha! You know there was no way there was anything fateful or predestined about how we met," she exclaimed laughingly. "We bumped into each other at a random Ren-Faire while I was drunk and you were shirtless, and I liked your abs. And your voice and your eyes. And your patience.

"And I still have no goddamn idea why you listened to me ramble on about my family drama,"
she added, her voice growing softer and more serious. "Or why you ever agreed to go out with me. I know you've said it wasn't, but I still bet it was the boobs."

But Aurelie sobered when he fell silent and then quizzically asked about the other life she'd lived and if it had felt meaningful to her. She too fell silent for a moment, so that the only sound in the bathroom for a couple minutes was the sound of the Flareon and Jolteon grooming each other with friendly, solicitous licks. When she spoke up again, her voice sounded distant and uncertain.

"I think so? I don't know," she sighed. "I learned a lot, I think. I learned even if I competed fairly against my brother, I'm still the worse smith. But maybe a wiser person, in some ways. With better taste in partners."

She kissed Jack's fingertips again and then along the back of his hands, her breath warm against his skin. "I learned the universe—no, the multiverse—really doesn't want me to be in one piece. But it also doesn't require me to be a smith. I can survive and be happy doing something else, if I wanted."

Though it does require me to be a criminal, apparently, Aurelie thought fleetingly. Not that she'd ever say that aloud to Jack.

Instead, she shrugged and smiled up at him. "What do you think? Enough hashing out in the bathroom?" Lowering her lashes, Aurelie gazed up at Jack through them and tugged him forward. "Maybe we should be heading back to bed?"

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
579 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Solace [M]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 1:55:18 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Nodding thoughtfully as Aurelie spoke, Jack felt an upwelling of appreciation for this kind-hearted, adventurous, thoughtful woman. Maybe it wasn't fate that had connected them when Jack was sweaty and shirtless at that Ren Faire but he was glad that they had met nonetheless. While her comment about boobs elicited an immature snicker from him, he stood firm that they weren't the reason they had started dated.[break][break]

"I'm not saying no to boobs, but you're something special," he said as he leaned forward, brushing his lips against hers before scooping up both the Flareon and Jolteon, feeling their fur prickle against his skin. "Agreed though, enough hashing it out in the bathroom. Time for bed."[break][break]

Whether it was sheer exhaustion from dying and coming back to life or just the sheer comfort of it all, Jack quickly fell asleep with his arm slung over Aurelie's waist, a Flareon curled around their feet, and a Jolteon snoring quietly against his neck.

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,349 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Solace [M]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 2:07:40 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: