Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 6:02:44 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

How often she underestimated him. She shifted with discomfort at how perceptive he could be as she averted her gaze, not sure she liked how well he saw through her in moments like this one.[break][break]

She preferred to be the stranger between them, her intentions unreadable and her weaknesses unknown. Time had a way of eroding those boundaries, little by little, until all the miserable truths of who she was inevitably were brought to light.[break][break]

"I don't fight to win," she conceded, her mind running through far too many battles where she had fled rather than pushed for victory. "I fight not to lose."[break][break]

Losing was familiar. She understood how to navigate positions of difficulty, but when given a clear advantage, she found herself at a loss.[break][break]

The value of survival had outweighed that of anything else. It made power uncomfortable for her to hold.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 6:20:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias matyleday"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

as expected, concedes, and the grin he wears further inflates as he lifts a finger to point at her though it is far from accusatory.[break][break]

"and that'll be your downfall."[break][break]

when his hand lowers, he gestures for mr. mime to join them.[break][break]

"i'll teach you how to win."[break][break]

to do that, she must first navigate toward a winning position. only then will he be able to see where she hesitates, and whether or not she's even capable of reaching it in the first place.[break][break]

without much of a cue, mr. mime's PSYCHIC slams into centiskorch, throwing it down the hill.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matyleday"] --accent:#5d464e!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 6:34:28 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

He could be charming sometimes, though she'd never admit it. His ego was inflated enough, she suspected, but battling brought out an easy air of confidence in him that she envied. It made him seem younger, cocky in a boyish sort of way.[break][break]

A hand dragged across her arm, self-conscious despite herself. He couldn't read minds, but part of her felt afraid he'd notice all the same.[break][break]

"Go on, then," she said, her emerald eyes shimmering with gentle curiosity. "Teach me."[break][break]

Without warning, the Mr. Mime struck her Centiskorch with PSYCHIC, and as the Bug-type mashed his mandibles in frustration, he turned into a sharp COIL to blunt the impact. Glowing eyes flared as his senses heightened, seeming at once stronger and more formidable than before as he snarled warningly at the Mr. Mime.[break][break]

A defensive move, as to be expected from her.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 6:42:08 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

centiskorch's instinctual reaction is to COIL itself into a ball to lessen the impact, a curious reaction, one he assumes it inherited from its trainer because it does not know any better.[break][break]

instead of following it down the hill, mr. mime stays right where it is, COPYCATTING the COIL as it mocks centiskorch. it curls up into a ball, giggling as it points at the fire-type down there.[break][break]

oddly, matias says nothing yet. he simply watches the battle, looking at to see how she would react.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 6:50:12 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

That Matias's Pokemon would be as arrogant and tactless as their trainer was to be expected.[break][break]

Elisabeth's gaze turned from his Pokemon, then back to him, wondering at his silent assessment of her. Already she felt she could sense judgment, but perhaps that was because she struggled to imagine him ever thinking otherwise.[break][break]

With sudden, frightening agility, the Centriskorch LUNGED upwards with a snarl: jaw unhinging to sink its mandibles into the Mr. Mime where it laid prone and coiled on the ground.[break][break]

She, too, said nothing. The battle seemed to be a silent reflection of who they both were as trainers.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 7:04:56 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

the way centiskorch LUNGES back up is to be expected, so mr. mime's decision to not attempt to dodge it could be seen as odd. COIL had prepared its defenses enough to be able to sustain the damage of the attack, and as the fire-type's mandibles sink into mr. mime's skin, the ILLUSION fades to reveal 's gift to him.[break][break]

still giggling, zoroark's grin creeps from behind what remains of mr. mime's skin that splits in two, giving way for the NIGHT SLASH that follows.[break][break]

and just like that, zoroark TAUNTS as it stands back up.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 7:20:18 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

All at once the ILLUSION shattered, and Elisabeth flinched, betraying her surprise at the reveal of an all-too-familiar Zoroark.[break][break]

"You never mentioned you received my gift," she managed to say, tilting her head towards him. "I take it this means you liked it?"[break][break]

Her Pokemon lost a second to its own surprise, the retaliating NIGHT SLASH earning a window for the TAUNT to incense and anger its opponent further. An enraged INFERNO lashed out towards the Zoroark, its flames burning brighter and hotter with indignation at the deception.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 9:07:34 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"it's still young and inexperienced which makes it careless, but it has potential."[break][break]

his statement proves true when zoroark decides to face the INFERNO instead of avoiding it entirely, a decision he understands but doesn't necessarily approves of. but it's up to him as its trainer to supplement its weaknesses.[break][break]

finding the TERA ORB in his pocket, he watches shades of crystalline-red cover zoroark, keeping it safe as it adopts the FIRE TERA-TYPE.[break][break]

with its newfound resistance, it stays close, dashing left and right to throw NIGHT SLASHES at centiskorch.[break][break]

he tilts his head over to look at .[break][break]

"why the gift?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 16:55:32 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Being careless and headstrong were faults that could likewise apply to him, but something told her that his experience made up for both. Admittedly, she'd expected him to have wielded one of his more powerful Pokemon against her, but choosing the Zoroark hinted at a lowering of difficulty for her sake. It could be taken as condescending, she supposed.[break][break]

But given what she knew about Matias now, she didn't think so. This was how he expressed consideration, in his own way.[break][break]

He wouldn't waste his time on her here if he didn't think she had potential, too.[break][break]

"You have your strengths, and I have mine," she said, watching as her Centiskorch zig-zagged around the NIGHT SLASHES to try and sink its jaws into his Zoroark's violet fur in a vicious BITE. For all the brutality of the scene, she'd become numb to witnessing violence. That much, life and Rocket both had taught her. "You can see my weakness clearly here. But the Zoroark is meant to help temper yours."[break][break]

This time, her smile was faint, light teasing audible in her voice.[break][break]

"There's a usefulness to being underestimated, you know. Not every difficulty needs to be faced head-on. Some things are better achieved in the shadows."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 8:21:09 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"mine?"[break][break]

he barks out a laugh at the same time as zoroark, the dark-type giggling even as the vicious BITE sinks into its skin, drawing blood that spills to the ground, and the moment it does, tendrils spring out in GRASS KNOTS that seek to bind centiskorch.[break][break]

"and what are my weaknesses?"[break][break]

careless? reckless? he's heard them all, and yet he has always come out on top.[break][break]

the sight of the faint smile that graces 's features has him smiling, too. his tone softens, straying from criticism and toward care.[break][break]

"it's hard to win from the shadows."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 2:53:25 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Yes," she agreed, "it is a harder won victory. But some wars can only be won that way."[break][break]

Idly, she wondered if he'd ever known what it was to be powerless. He seemed so comfortable wielding his strength, she doubted it. The thought still lingered longer than it should have as she studied him, curious at what faults he believed he possessed, if any.[break][break]

She assessed him thoughtfully before she finally decided upon her answer.[break][break]

"Your weakness is that you always display your strength." His hubris had invited her into this position. The fact that could even utilize her in this way at all stemmed from his own perceived power over her, and his own foolish belief he was invincible. "You believe you can burn any bridge, because your strength means you don't have to rely upon others."[break][break]

She didn't have that luxury. Already she'd begun to adjust herself, bending and molding back into the dutiful tool that Rocket desired her to be. She remained eternally attuned to the scales of power and hyper-aware of where she herself stood in that hierarchy. She understood precisely how disposable she was.[break][break]

"You instigate unnecessary fights, simply because you believe you can win them."[break][break]

The Zoroark's GRASS KNOTS lashed up towards the Centiskorch from the ground, but in that instance, she activated the DYNAMAX band on her wrist. Her Centiskorch's whip-like silhouette began to expand in size, taking in the residual energy outside of Lilycove to become a colossal centipede of slithering flame that sought to break through the knotted plants.[break][break]

"And that's your true weakness, Matias," she finished, dwarfed in her own Pokemon's shadow as she turned to face him. "You don't believe you can lose."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 6:07:38 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"that's because losing isn't an option."[break][break]

it never has been—he has never had the same luxury as others to be able to think of a fight as anything more than a struggle to survive. people speak of battling as fun, thinking of it a sport of all things.[break][break]

life is bitter and cruel and unfair, and through it all, he has never had anyone else to depend on. not , not , not even .[break][break]

he isolates himself because that is where he feels most safe; or as close to safe as he has come to feeling; he has only ever felt fragments of it, never to become whole. anything else is the unknown.[break][break]

suddenly dwarfed by the DYNAMAXED centiskorch, zoroark leaps away, creating distance between them before flinging a SHADOW BALL that soars a little too close to for his comfort.[break][break]

so he clicks his tongue in response, reprimanding the dark-type before posing her another question.[break][break]

"do you know why the silphs chose me?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 6:25:19 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Sometimes the possibility of winning is taken from you," she countered.[break][break]

She watched as her DYNAMAXED Centiskorch coiled itself in a wide swathe around the Zoroark's direction of escape. The Fire-type's G-MAX CENTINFERNO spun and bound the illusionary Pokemon in place, flaring with a vengeance even as the SHADOW BALL struck its armored hide firmly.[break][break]

A furrow worked itself into her brow as she lost herself to thought, his question evoking a complicated emotion she couldn't quite explain in herself.[break][break]

Elisabeth had been chosen by a powerful family once, too, for reasons she didn't care to relive now.[break][break]

"No, I don't," she admitted, an unexpected softness in her reply. "Why?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 6:51:10 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"because i was so skinny and weak and brittle that they thought they could mold me into what they wanted me to be, into who they wanted me to be."[break][break]

the wispy-purple of SHADOW BALL loses itself in the brightness of G-MAX CENTIFERNO, drowned out by shades of red and yellow.[break][break]

"can you picture it, elisabeth?" he raises an arm, "i was so thin that you could barely pinch the skin off my bones."[break][break]

his arm falls back down along with the tone of his voice, dipping into territories that stray toward sad but never quite reaching it.[break][break]

"they saved my life and only wanted one thing in return. to give them that, however, would mean losing everything, and i decided then that it would be never an option."[break][break]

his gaze finds 's.[break][break]

"so i can't lose."[break][break]

because losing would be far more cruel than death.[break][break]

"and i never will."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 7:17:36 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She believed him.[break][break]

Flames danced in burnt ribbons of red and gold as the battle continued behind her, its end result seemingly unimportant to her in the light of this revelation.[break][break]

"Cruelty shapes us more than love, I think," Elisabeth said at length, a faint stirring of sympathy in her words, "but never as much as when the two are intertwined."[break][break]

An impulsive desire to take his hand came and went. Instead she watched her outreached hand curl into a small fist before falling back at her side.[break][break]

The silence that fell suffocated her with unwanted memories, emotion rising like a lump in her throat. Everyone was wronged. As the Avatar of grudges and resentment, she understood this better than most. Of course he'd been wronged, too.[break][break]

"My husband chose me because I was young, and because I looked the part he wanted me to play."[break][break]

Her voice startled her, ringing out clear as she heard herself confess this small shared misery aloud.[break][break]

"I was from the right family with the right bloodline, one saddled with too much debt to question his motives. I was naive enough to believe he loved me, when he only loved the person he planned to force me to be."[break][break]

Needling raindrops began to slice through the air as clouds gathered overhead, the overcast sky darkening before the onset of a slow-gathering storm. Somewhere in the distance, lighting crackled over Lilycove City, its origins hazy and unclear.[break][break]

"But I didn't mold as easily as he'd expected me to. I realized I'd rather he hated me, than endure the kind of love he offered."[break][break]

Droplets of rainwater coated her lashes, and she wiped them away, a hollow laugh breaking the building tension. The sound rang with a peculiar melancholy, as if amused at its own sadness.[break][break]

"I think we're the same in that regard, you and I. We're both too proud to surrender."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing