saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,125 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 5:48:54 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasopener matyledayopener"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

on one of the many rolling hills to the northwest of lilycove stands with his gaze cast over the vibrant city that from a distance looks so minute and unimportant.[break][break]

he thinks of the business being done there, of the people commuting back from work, and of the vital city tournament, knowing that these are the people he had sworn to fight for but these are also the people he would not hesitate to condemn should he need to.[break][break]

a part of him believes it's only a matter of time.[break][break]

"think it might rain soon."[break][break]

he says over the low rumble of thunder as clouds begin to approach, though not fast enough to mar the orange of the sunset.[break][break]

when he hears footsteps approaching, he knows them to be from , and so he turns to greet her with a nod and a smile, warm as ever.[break][break]

"you're late."

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matyledayopener"] --accent:#5d464e!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".matiasopener"] --accent: #5d464e } .matiasopener b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matiasopener i { color: var(--accent); } .matiasopener { width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matiasopener .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matiasopener .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matiasopener .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matiasopener .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matiasopener .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matiasopener .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:300px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matiasopener .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matiasopener .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matiasopener .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 6:02:04 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

"It's beautiful here," she caught herself saying, looking over at the distant cityscape before taking in the sight of the natural environs around them. The rolling hillsides made her think of her childhood, and Elisabeth paused mid-step as a pleasant breeze whisked its way around them, whispering with portents of thunderstorms yet to come.[break][break]

She'd never stood this far on the outskirts of Lilycove before, and yet, it was the closest she'd stood to the city for some time now. A pang of longing struck her suddenly for simpler times, when even walking among strangers was something that came easily and without consequence.[break][break]

"I'm sorry, though," she said, uncharacteristically side-stepping the obvious invitation for arguing he'd handed her. "The delay couldn't be helped. Were you waiting long?"[break][break]

The false Red Shard that had handed her sat heavy with guilt in her pocket, taunting her. Knowing the right time for betraying him had yet to come.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,125 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 6:20:20 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias matyleday"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

it is beautiful; this is something they can both agree on; finally.[break][break]

"sorry?"[break][break]

he blinks, taken aback by the simplest of words not because of the meaning behind it, but more so because of who it's coming from—he raises an eyebrow at , both suspicious and amused at her recent change in character.[break][break]

"when did you learn how to apologize?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matyleday"] --accent:#5d464e!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 6:30:44 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She blinked large green eyes at him, startled by the intensity of his reaction. "Do I apologize that infrequently?" she asked, genuinely taken aback, as a hand tucked a strand of blonde hair behind her ear. "I didn't realize."[break][break]

Upon becoming aware of her own fidgeting, she folded her hands together in front of herself, letting the sparkling silhouette of Lilycove distract her. She pretended not to notice the way he observed her, wondering at her change in demeanor.[break][break]

"I inconvenience you fairly often is all. Isn't there a tournament going on in Lilycove right now?" She glanced over her shoulder back at him, tilting her head curiously. "I'm surprised you're here, instead of there."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,125 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 8:15:26 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

even after all this time, proves impossible to read, hot one moment and cold the next, it's like rolling the dice and seeing which side of her he has the pleasure of dealing with. he supposes he's the same, in a way, except he's more of a two-sided dice when it comes to her.[break][break]

"you've never apologized to me like that."[break][break]

he comments, unsure whether that's true or not but standing by it regardless.[break][break]

"for as much as you inconvenience me, i didn't think you cared much. i thought it was a given, and that it was something i'd just have to accept about our...partnership."

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 14:16:42 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Oh," was all Elisabeth could think to say to that. She had no grounds to argue against this judgment of her character, and so she didn't, instead accepting the condemnation in silence. "That must be burdensome for you," she added finally.[break][break]

The underboss fiddled with the Pokeball at her waist, letting it roll between her fingers back and forth.[break][break]

"Why are you here, then?" she asked again, before gesturing to the lights and the spectacle of the distant Vital City Tournament. "Instead of there."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,125 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 4:19:50 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"it is."[break][break]

is yet another burden on his evergrowing list, situated near the very top, perhaps even first. what is there for him to gain, then? for all the inconvenience, what does he walk away with?[break][break]

the answer eludes him, and yet, here he is.[break][break]

"because i care about you."[break][break]

he says, finally, before turning to look at her.[break][break]

"and because you're terrible at battling."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 4:29:17 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

He could be so casually dismissive. If it weren't for her pensive mood, this would be enough to start lashing out at him; she could threaten to leave, given how his time could clearly be better spent elsewhere.[break][break]

"Are you afraid I'm going to get killed, then?" she asked lightly, brushing past the insults as she released her Pokeball. A Centiskorch slithered out onto the grass, mandibles clicking as it regarded the Elite Four.[break][break]

She crossed her arms, shrugging off his concern.[break][break]

"I didn't have the opportunity to study battling in any real capacity until Rocket. Before then, it was nothing but a game to pass the time."[break][break]

It hadn't been life-or-death, until it was.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,125 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 4:37:05 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"the thought has crossed my mind."[break][break]

he'd be a fool not to consider the very likely possibility of dying because of her lacking battle prowess. he's seen it firsthand on the beach that day, moments before almost losing a leg himself.[break][break]

but he refuses to admit a fear. how nonsensical to ever think he would ever evoke such a feeling.[break][break]

"that's nice. i didn't have the luxury to think of it as a game."[break][break]

being dramatic for the sake of it, he can't help the grin that appears, though he does his best to mask it as he looks at the centiskorch.[break][break]

"in your games, did you ever learn that ice is weak to fire?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 5:02:09 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

If he was poking fun at her, the attempt landed flat and with tone-deaf humor.[break][break]

"I wouldn't call it a luxury. I didn't have much say in how I lived my life," Elisabeth retorted, a minor trace of irritation lacing through her words, "or in what Pokemon I had access to, for that matter."[break][break]

His additional pontificating pushed her over, however. The agitation built to something that overtook her demeanor, darkening with a glower.[break][break]

"And either you're in the mood to explain the basics of typing to me, or you're still blaming me for the fact you threw yourself at Kyogre without thinking."[break][break]

He only had his own hubris to blame for that. If he lost his leg, that wouldn't have been her doing.[break][break]

She could feel the angry heat of the unseen Red Shard pulsing in her pocket, tempting her to unveil it too soon.[break][break]

"I can leave, you realize?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,125 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 5:19:06 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

leave and go see bee?[break][break]

though the moment presents itself, he knows a better one will come eventually, and so he stifles the urge, swallowing the words along with his pride for another day.[break][break]

"come on, don't be like that. you know i'm just fucking with you."[break][break]

he takes a step closer to , departing from his mr. mime that had been looming in the background.[break][break]

"but yes, i asked you out here to help you with your battling because i want you to stay alive. can't always be relying on your gods either."[break][break]

his gaze shifts to the fire-type beside her.[break][break]

"i know you brought your own but you should know that you also have access to any pokemon now. name a species, and it's yours."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 5:27:38 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

The sudden shift from criticism to kindness wrongfooted her, and she found herself struggling to maintain her composure as he drew near. She didn't know what to do with him when he acted like this. Finally she let out a soft sigh, a hand running idly through her long blonde hair.[break][break]

"...That won't be necessary. Thank you, though."[break][break]

Rocket provided her with enough resources on its own, but her refusal went deeper than that. Accepting a Pokemon from Matias meant relying on him further, when she'd already relied on him far too much.[break][break]

"So." A clearing of her throat preceded the change in topic. "What does training with an Elite Four look like?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,125 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 5:33:31 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

cold one moment and hot the next, he mirrors even if he doesn't realize as much, offering his harsh criticisms only to smother them with kindness after.[break][break]

"it depends, but it's different than the norm."[break][break]

it has to be. where some train for the sake of it, he trains to ensure his survival. he imagines she must feel the same way, and so it confuses him even more as to why she's just so bad at it.[break][break]

"what do you want to gain from this?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 5:40:44 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"That makes sense, I suppose," she said distantly, thinking of similar sentiments shared by Rocket Beasts like and . All training surely existed for a specific purpose.[break][break]

The Centiskorch curled up on the hillside, eyes glittering up at his trainer patiently as she gathered her thoughts.[break][break]

"I don't want to rely on Avatarship to defend myself," she said at length, staring up at him. Only then did she register that her arms hadn't uncrossed, and she attempted to relax her posture, which had locked up defensively without her realizing it. "I don't want to be at the whims of something more powerful than me if I can help it."[break][break]

A small, simple honesty hid itself in that admission, whispering at an unspoken fear: without them you are nothing.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,125 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SHIELD AND SPEAR
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 5:57:40 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

it's a common mistake most people make when they dedicate most of their lives to searching for power. they assume it is external, and that power can only be obtained through pacts with gods or through acquiring mythical and rare pokemon. the truth is much simpler.[break][break]

though, as he briefly reflects, he finds himself constantly making the same mistake. is that not what his plight for the RED SHARDS is all about? power from elsewhere?[break][break]

the thought is buried as he processes 's response.[break][break]

"when you fight, it's as though you become a different person. off the battlefield, you command, you dominate, and you outsmart—it's what i've grown to admire about you—but you seem to lose that the moment you fight."[break][break]

he pauses.[break][break]

"why is that?"

[attr="class","bottom"]