he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
VCT: Razz vs Howard
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 8:25:05 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frlandslide"]

[attr="class","frlandslide1"]
[attr="class","frlandslideimg"]

[attr="class","frlandslidetop"]
VITAL CITY TOURNAMENT

[attr="class","frlandslidemid"]
[attr="class","frlandslidemid2"]
[attr="class","frlandslidemid3"]

The name itself isn't familiar in the slightest yet when he comes face to face with the man once more, it was hard to forget such a hat as not many people wore such things. That and it was also hard to forget the face of a man who was practically crying from what was it.. heights? "You're not scare of battles like you are of Ferris wheels right?"[break][break]

Razz questions trying to put some humor in his voice, which seems to amuse Ra enough to chuckle as he mentally preps for the fight.

[break][break]

[break][break]
[break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Inconsolata][googlefont=Roboto Mono:300,400,700]
[newclass=.frlandslide]border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;width:525px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslide1]border-left:solid 75px #eeeeee;color:#999999;text-align:justify;padding-top:20px;padding-bottom:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslideimg]border:solid 1px #151515;background-color:#1a1a1a;padding:4px;margin:20px;margin-top:0px;height:200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslideimg div]position:absolute;height:200px;width:400px;font:25px Raleway;font-weight:300!important;line-height:200px;text-align:center;color:#ffffff;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px rgba(0,0,0,.1);z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslideimg div b]font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslideimg img]height:200px;width:400px;opacity:.85;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frlandslidemid]padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidemid2]padding:25px;border:solid 1px #151515; background-color:#242424; font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frlandslidemid2 b"]color:#9d4848;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frlandslidemid2 i"]font-weight:bold;color:#eee [/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidemid3]padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidetop]border-top:solid 1px #9d4848; border-bottom:solid 1px #9d4848; background-color:#1a1a1a; font:20px Impact;line-height:15px letter-spacing:1.3px; color:#ffdeb1; text-align:right; text-transform:uppercase; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidebot]border-top:solid 1px #9d4848;border-bottom:solid 1px #9d4848;background-color:#1a1a1a;padding:25px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidebot div] margin-left:10px; font:10px Inconsolata; line-height:0px; padding-bottom:9px; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidebot div b]color:#eee; border-bottom:solid 1px #9d4848;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidepoke] width:100%; padding:5px; background-color:#9d4848; color:#eeeeee; font:40px Impact; line-height:15px; margin-bottom:5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 21:29:37 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Oh, this guy.

Great.

Howard didn't hate Razz Kingsman. He didn't even dislike him. It was just hard to act composed when he was staring down a Head Ranger who could easily clap him in chains and drag him off to the League. The ferris wheel had been too close a call. If high command had heard that their newest Rocket Admin had a mental breakdown in a ferris wheel, Howard would never live it down.

"Of course not, though I'm better at riding large attractions than I am battling. Hope that's not an issue, Head Ranger." Howard mimed a salute as Serizawa lumbered onto the battlefield, immediately munching down on a rock.

Delicious.

3/3 (no mechanic)

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 6:00:15 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

VITAL CITY TOURNAMENT

That's not worrying....[break][break]

Razz thinks to himself in private though tilts his head at the misinformation the other had. He just shakes his head, "I'm no longer Head Ranger, stepped down as trying to take that responsibility at 22 was... a bit much," was all the information he would give the other leaving out that he was still Slateport's Ranger Captain as that wasn't important. [break][break]

When the other pokemon was out Ra was excited to get started, even going before his trainer gave a whistle with a QUICK ATTACK.

[break][break]

[break][break]
CkAI78A_+10[break]
no Gimmick +10 for 0[break]
[break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Inconsolata][googlefont=Roboto Mono:300,400,700]
[newclass=.frlandslide]border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;width:525px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslide1]border-left:solid 75px #eeeeee;color:#999999;text-align:justify;padding-top:20px;padding-bottom:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslideimg]border:solid 1px #151515;background-color:#1a1a1a;padding:4px;margin:20px;margin-top:0px;height:200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslideimg div]position:absolute;height:200px;width:400px;font:25px Raleway;font-weight:300!important;line-height:200px;text-align:center;color:#ffffff;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px rgba(0,0,0,.1);z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frlandslidemid2]padding:25px;border:solid 1px #151515; background-color:#242424; font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidetop]border-top:solid 1px #9d4848; border-bottom:solid 1px #9d4848; background-color:#1a1a1a; font:20px Impact;line-height:15px letter-spacing:1.3px; color:#ffdeb1; text-align:right; text-transform:uppercase; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidebot]border-top:solid 1px #9d4848;border-bottom:solid 1px #9d4848;background-color:#1a1a1a;padding:25px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidebot div] margin-left:10px; font:10px Inconsolata; line-height:0px; padding-bottom:9px; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidebot div b]color:#eee; border-bottom:solid 1px #9d4848;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidepoke] width:100%; padding:5px; background-color:#9d4848; color:#eeeeee; font:40px Impact; line-height:15px; margin-bottom:5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 10:00:18 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"You're twenty-two?" The archaeologist paled, looking nauseous. "Arceus above, you're younger than me."

What sort of region appointed someone who barely passed twenty-one into such an illustrious position? Even Rocket's most deranged teenagers didn't hold such a firm position of power. In a sense, Howard felt relieved. It was like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

"It's easier to talk to you, now. I've always been skittish around Rangers. I just feel guilty around authority." Howard scratched his head. "That makes me sound like a criminal, huh? Sorry."

Without even listening to Howard, Serizawa lunged forward recklessly, attempting to Thrash Ra to a pulp. The archaeologist sighed.

3/3 (no mechanic)
IKUTjpo6

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 6:04:22 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

VITAL CITY TOURNAMENT

"Yeah I mean its not that young to be doing things," he shrugged seemingly confused about the other's reaction about his age. "You don't seem that old you're like what.... uhhhh 30?" Again he just blinks at the other as he seems to get something off his chest about being worried over the fact that he was a Ranger. Razz just raising a brow at him, even if it were under his bandana. [break][break]

"You know that Rangers only have authority over pokemon matters right?" Razz feels that this might clear the air some as this isn't the first time this argument has been brought to him. "You capture some pokemon from a protected area? Thats a no no, you go pickpocketing people? Not their problem, but you'd still be an ass."[break][break]

While the two talked Ra knew he'd be on his own, taking the thrashing before he would try and return it with COUNTER.

[break][break]

[break][break]
HynFakDE[break]
HP: 2/3[break]
[break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 6:30:05 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Maybe, but the best Rangers have a moral compass to follow. If you see injustice or villainy, you're honor-bound to correct it." Howard smiled and waggled a finger. "That makes you just."

Did he look thirty? Howard's expression was a mixture of desperation, fear, and revulsion. He tapped his face fearfully. Sure, he had spent a lot of time outdoors, but his hat had protected him from the worst of the sun! He used moisturizer and everything!

"I'm... twenty-seven. I'm not that old!" Howard touched his cheek. "Am I?"

He acted more immature than the younger Razz.

Serizawa threw a hand at Ra, which promptly resulted in a smack to the face from Counter. Without stopping to blink, Serizawa threw another hand at the Riolu, as if daring it to Counter again.

3/3
XZ0DVqDK

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 6:55:43 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

VITAL CITY TOURNAMENT

The mention of the moral compass did bring a hint of a smile onto the young man's face he just gives a shrug on the matter. Taking the fact there was a positive twist in other's thoughts about Rangers even if they were afraid. "Fair enough, but just trying to ensure that they're not the ones you should worry about," he offers least in his opinion now that was in charge so even he felt more comfortable on the matter. [break][break]

Though the other's sudden change in expression confuses him once more as it seems like he might have accidently hit a nerve on the whole 'age thing.' "Ohh..." guess you shouldn't be guessing an older man's age either, "Uhhh I don't think twenty-seven is that old?" he offers though if the other saw different wasn't something he could fix. Honestly he could never tell people's ages as most none authoritive adults tended to act like children to him. [break][break]

The counter hits hard, but Ra refuses to give up so simply as he tries to fight back with an ICE PUNCH

[break][break]

[break][break]
N9Z12mBq[break]
HP: 1/3[break]
[break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 7:07:23 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Agreed. We should look out for those without scruples to follow. Everyone follows a belief of some kind. When that belief leads you astray..." Howard splayed his hands, miming an explosion. "You run. Good or bad, doesn't matter."

The most threatening people were those who had something greater than themselves behind them. It was why Howard respected and feared and . They defended Rocket and would herald its purpose until their last breath left their lips.

Where, then, did that leave him?

"It's old! I'm old! I admit it!" Howard held his hat close to his head and sniffed. "I'm twenty-seven and I don't even have proper employment! I'm a failure!"

Serizawa took the Ice Punch. His head reeled back as he took the blow. Watching two small Pokemon tussle was amusing to watch, admittedly. The Larvitar made a fist, before smashing it into the ground with an Earthquake.

3/3 (no mechanic)

fxIL|PFh

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 7:50:24 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

VITAL CITY TOURNAMENT

The younger man just tilts his head at the other, maybe his age seeming more apparent as he didn't seem to understand the full grip of what the other was saying. "How woul 'good beliefs' lead you a stray?" he question as it's clear he doesn't fully understand. Then he goes in about age again. [Break][break]

"Just means you have more life experience?" he's bullshiting he doesn't know how to make people feel better ok age, all he knows is that hes not there yet. "I'm sure you'll eventually find a job, I mean I have my job and I'm a high school drop out, so I'm sure you can find something?" clearly hearing that if a high school drop out could make it so could the older man right??? [break][break]

Ra attempts to jump up to reduce any damage the earthquake would do, coming down to try and land a FORCE PALM

[break][break]

[break][break]
cOgaoFik[break]
HP: 1/3[break]
[break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 7:59:24 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I'm a historian. It's my duty to understand our past failures, and to learn from them." The archaeologist stopped having a breakdown, straightening as he frowned. It was a contemplative expression, as if it meant something more than was being let on.

"You can believe in something good, like justice, and still use it like a clumsy weapon. A corrupt judge and bludgeon someone to death with a guilty verdict, while still believing that what they did was correct." Howard frowned, and dug deeper. "A good king can become corrupt, while still believing themselves good and fair. Everyone is a hero in their own story. That, ranger, is the truth."

Having those words fall from the mouth of a man bemoaning unemployment was odd, to say the least. It helped that Howard had the 'life experience' that Howard mentioned.

Serizawa's maw opened, and a bright light emerged. Suddenly, a Hyper Beam engulfed the arena.

2/3 (no mechanic)
RKCfCGND

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 7:10:51 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

VITAL CITY TOURNAMENT

"Ah I get you," Razz nods in understanding knowing full well that it was that abuse of power that drove those in Rocket where they were. Though honestly that would be a very far place to run to for such things as that just made everything worse. Though it seems like their conversation couldn't last much longer as the Hyper Beam strikes true and knocks him up. [break][break]

Salem being quick to act and use PSYCHIC to catch the pup from the air and hover him to Razz's arms. "That was a rough one buddy," he muses before nodding over to Howard, "Thanks for the battle, I'll let you submit the results"

[break][break]

[break][break]
HOWARD WINS[break]
HP: 0/3[break]
[break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,341 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 2:31:44 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: