Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
HOWATSUBARA CONCLUDES: Kouji v. Howard [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 6:55:58 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"That's that!" Howard said as he slammed the door on one of Rocket's numerous safe houses in Lilycove City. The Admin had recruited Kouji to help with smuggling goods under the cover of the Vital City Tournament. With so many people packed into Lilycove, people would be exchanging funds at an unprecedented rate.

Underground bets, illegal stalls, stolen goods... Lilycove had become a black market hotspot thanks to Admin Fox. Rocket's funds were soaring, and that was good. Rocket's science division funneled money and burned it.

"This is all thanks to you, Kouji. Your experience was invaluable." Serizawa waddled next to Howard, before kicking him in the shins. The Admin winced in pain, eye watering. After a moment, he smiled at Kouji.

"Sorry, he's got a lot of energy. Can I trouble you for a nice, slow fight? Burn him out, and I'll treat you to dinner. Not that blended shit, either." Howard raised an eyebrow. "My treat?"

"Tar!" Serizawa agreed, before kicking Howard in the shins again. "Tar!"

3/3 (no mechanic)

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 3:44:05 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

”Sure thing, I was feeling some Paldean food anyway. Urshifu, you’re up.” The Dark type appeared from his pokeball, before giving a nod to the other two; arms crossed as Serizawa.
[break][break]
”But it was really just the dudes my old man had connections with, everyone gets a nice slice of the bite.” It was a simple difference, Kouji wanted to sharpen his fangs in a new style of battle, he really wanted to feel it out properly; the difference between himself and his old self.
[break][break]
”We’ll talk shop while the two of them brawl it out, wanting to run a couple of things by ya again.” Kouji said as he rolled his shoulders. ”How’s the talk on a nice ol’ raise.”

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

We gogogo

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 3:57:25 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Smuggling is about knowing the right people. Most of the people I know are from customs and regional black markets. Networking is everything, whether it be for society's dregs or for society's upper class. Use your old man's connections. I never was that lucky."

If his father had actually cared, Howard would've used his dad's connections in Devon Corp to get an actual job. That way, he wouldn't need to squab around in the dirt, looking for a crumb of employment. Or, perhaps, he had refused his father's connections out of pride.

"Alright, I'll start." Howard straightened his hat and narrowed his sole good eye. Serizawa was one of Junior's brood. If Serizawa failed here, it'd reflect poorly on , the newest member of Hoenn's Elite Four. "Serizawa, use-

"TAR!" Serizawa ignored Howard's orders, lunging towards Kouji and his Urshifu with Thrash. Howard groaned as the Larvitar prepared to smack Kouji's Urshifu into the dirt.

3/3 (no mechanic)
BNSTSEqr

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 4:09:56 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Watching the little Larvitar dash forward, Kouji’s Urshifu jumped forward to meet the pokemon directly, as a show of respect; a use of his Wicked Blow, dark energies swirled around his fist, aimed at the softest part of one’s body.
[break][break]
Then again, a Larvitar was a dense, armoured pokemon; finding such a thing wouldn’t be all that easy, so Kouji looked at the battle while talking aloud.
[break][break]
”Aye, but I’ll have to go back out to sea again; better if we can see what routes are the most effective. I ain’t been solidly smuggling for years, the patrols change too often for my liking. Lemme know if you’re ever waiting for something big, I’ll try to deliver it myself.” Especially with that Kyogre in the seas, going nuts; it was a scary time to be living whether you were law abiding, or a criminal.
[break][break]
R6UsJywj

NOTES

2/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 4:16:34 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I've lost four ships in three months. The League's patrols are erratic, but Kyogre makes them look stiff by comparison. It's a fickle artifact, that one."

Calling Kyogre, a deity of the sea an artifact was disrespectful. Yet that was what most legendary Pokémon were to the Rocket Admin. They were great beasts that had lived through history's greatest triumphs and failures. They were gods, capable of choosing individuals to be their chosen one.

Yet they were artifacts, every single one.

"The League can't control the sea around Sootopolis as they once did. They've lost Kyogre, and Underboss Quinn ensures that the sea is ours. Lugia cannot be denied."

Assuming it would leave Cillian's garden, that was.

Smack! Serizawa struck Urshifu. Donk! Urshifu sent Serizawa flying. While the Larvitar was in the air, Serizawa prepared a fist. As he landed on the ground, Serizawa punched it, causing a mighty Earthquake.

"He's stronger." Howard observed. "Your Urshifu's not half bad either, Kouji."

3/3 (no mechanic)
DSngrwY1

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 4:29:43 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kouji ran a hand through his hair as he released a long sigh. ”Aye, but that makes anything we plan to do in the future a lot harder…With Kyogre as a loose cannon, and the other two all cozy with the league, you’d almost think this region is rejecting us.” He said with a chuckle as Urshifu lands on the ground after being knocked back by the thrash; turning over he found his feet struggling to stay still as the ground began to crack and splinter.
[break][break]
”I ain’t ever met Lugia, but everyone and their mom is constantly trying to bring that huge sea beast Kyogre under their thumb, we gonna do anything about that?”
[break][break]
He began to dance on his feet, bouncing up and down even if the splintered ground began to dig into his lower paws, the pads at the bottom suffering the cuts from his actions before he jumped forward, ready to deliver a couple of well set strikes, preferring the range of Close Combat over anything else.
[break][break]
”Urshifu’s a bit too prideful, but seems like he likes Serizawa.”
[break][break]
dk1o29iH

NOTES

2/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 4:43:33 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Quite right, fire rejected us too. Didn't stop us from lighting a spark anyways."

This was the great struggle of humanity. The constant war to climb the next great hurdle to reach even greater heights. Howard didn't care about the future. To him, it was simply history yet to be written. Yet it didn't change the fact that humanity would always climb higher.

This was a region ravaged by gods, before being stolen by humans. Eventually, humans had stolen fire from the gods to create their own legends. Some things were meant to stay within the realm of gods, though. That was something Howard had learned from reading about dozens upon dozens of wars. Land Hoenn. Sea Hoenn. Ultra Megalopolis. These were places that had reached too high.

Even if they didn't know it yet.

"I was asleep during the last meeting, you have to understand. I don't doubt that Walsh has a plan, though. There's a reason we follow him, and not someone who blends his food." The joke is cruel, but Howard says it with a smile. Kouji's blender adventures would never end.

"I'm glad he likes Serizawa. Serizawa hardly likes me anymore."

"TAR!" Serizawa shouted, meeting the flurry of blows with yet another Thrash. Yet the Larvitar isn't as trained as Kouji's Urshifu. It lacked discipline, something Howard realized as t went flying. "Larvi..."

Serizawa charged up a Hyper Beam.

"TAR!" He fired it.

2/3 (no mechanic) + 10 = 100
55GlV_bc

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 5:05:09 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

”Mah, we burned our hands for too long, but then again I ain’t the faithful type. Dudes of the sea are now hunting down their god, ain’t it a messed up time.”
[break][break]
Kouji looked at the little pokemon powering up its beam, a strong rotation of force from the smaller pokemon; but Urshifu was ready to take it head on as a form of respect; or perhaps it was something that he sought to pursue properly as a warrior.
[break][break]
Pride, rushing, was something Kouji understood just as well, but he didn’t want to indulge in the same way, he wanted to rush into the future properly; not into singular battles, but the war in general.
[break][break]
”Aye aye, you should try the blended food once before you knock it; I’m sure I can convince the big boss to try it, it’s functional, you don’t have to waste time chewing. I don’t like chewing the cud in general.”
[break][break]
”But then again…what’s it matter too tough anyway.” He said with a shrug as he looked back at Howard. ”It’ll just send more guys to the borders, more fun for me to play with.” It was almost like he was pouting with his words.
[break][break]
”How about you, ever see yourself in a bigger leadership position.”
[break][break]
Yet his Urshifu prepared to pull off his Reversal.
uwOyStwz

NOTES

1/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 5:42:27 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Tsk. You don't chew your food?" Howard snickered, confident for someone whose Pokémon refused to listen to him. "No wonder your jawline is soft."

A low blow, until Howard let out a wry smile. Kouji was a man who saved time wherever he could. He saw attempts to make his life easier, more convenient, only to spend that time chasing his vague dreams and his power as a warrior. He was a machine, an iron body, mind of steel. There was only his goals and how he would attain them.

Kouji Matsubara was the perfect Rocket Grunt.

"I didn't think I'd become Admin, Kouji." Howard admitted as Serizawa smacked Urshifu. "I'm a weak man, and it would've been better if you had been promoted. You or . I cannot be trusted."

It's an admission of treason, but Howard merely shrugged. He had confessed this to Underboss Quinn, it hardly even mattered who he told anymore. He could shout it from the rooftops and he likely wouldn't be executed. He made too much money for Rocket.

"I'm just here to see how it ends. Fiorelli, Beckett, and Quinn all know what direction we're going in. I don't. They're fit for the role."

As Urshifu used Reversal to send Serizawa into the sky, he came lunging down, teeth bared, in an attempt to Crunch him.

2/3 (no mechanic)
qAkwSf0i

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 5:52:59 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kouji rolled his shoulder. ”I don’t plan to get socked in the face all that much more often, so don’t need that jaw.” He said with a smirk, his focus sharpened as the battle began to grow closer to a conclusion, and due to the statement the man across from him had made.
[break][break]
”Mah, it’s fine as long as you don’t become another Traitor. You’re not the kind that needs to fight in the first place, leave it to guys like us.” Said the grunt, he didn’t see himself as being in the right place for leadership yet, he sought it, he wanted it, but he knew better than that.
[break][break]
Perhaps it was the wisdom of age that had told him about that.
[break][break]
”Plus, you want me getting blended food all over some papers? I’m the battle type of kind, you’ve got brains. Admin is perfect for ya.” He said as he stared at the back of Urshifu, this was about to become the decisive moment in this battle, there was always a trick for it; high return, high risk.
[break][break]
Urshifu decided to meet the pokemon directly, with an Iron Head
[break][break]
”But I will say, I don’t think anyone knows the direction we’re going in, ‘cept for Walsh. Everyone else is just tryna redirect the river as best as they can.” There was something special to that.
[break][break]
”You’ve got more chops than you think, look upwards.”
[break][break]
And so the dense cub crashed down on the legendary bear.
[break][break]
pweJqUE8

NOTES

1/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 7:43:04 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I can't betray Rocket, they're all too strong. You're too strong. You could send Walsh my head on a spike, if you wanted."

There was no hint of derision in his voice. No whisper of something greater. Howard was a Rocket Admin, yes, but he was also unfathomably weak. He was not a strong trainer, and his Pokémon hardly listened to him. The only power bestowed unto him was Regice, a Pokémon that Howard did not obtain through force of will.

It had been bestowed unto him by the will of Rocket. It was Rocket's Pokémon. It was his strongest weapon, but it was not his.

Kouji Matsubara could put his head on a spike if he ever wished. The man was a prime soldier. A perfect knife for Team Rocket to wield, however they wished. Yet Howard's Pokemon were a different story. As an Admin, Howard knew when to hire the right person for the job.

Serizawa was no different.

"...TAR!" Serizawa blocked the strike from the bear, snarling as he did so. What the Pokemon lacked in technique, it made up for in sheer rage. Sheer contempt at the world, sheer contempt at his owner's weakness. Serizawa raged, and it showed with yet another Thrash.

The Urshifu was smacked away, and Serizawa sat down, tuckered out.

"That wore him out! Nice work, Kouji. You're as strong as ever." Howard grinned at the man. He didn't celebrate, because it wasn't his victory. It was Serizawa's. Howard had no part in it. "Thanks, by the way. You're pretty smart for a blender junkie. Let people divert the river. You and I? We simply watch, and we do our jobs."

Serizawa returned to its Pokeball, and Howard straightened his hat.

"Paldean? On me."

2/3 (WIN)

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights